• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Styles

I just lost a 30-win streak 'cause I tapped on Caulifla instead of Super Vegito.

Them tanky AGL teams, I tell yah. Super Vegito + SSJ4 Vegeta combos don't mess around.

I should have used an Usher.

bKqUUbe.gif

I just lost a 30-win streak 'cause I tapped on Caulifla instead of Super Vegito.

Them tanky AGL teams, I tell yah. Super Vegito + SSJ4 Vegeta combos don't mess around.

I should have used an Usher.

bKqUUbe.gif
Ouch. I'm 1 win away from that 20 win streak then x30. I could hardly play this weekend due to having two weddings

thefil

Just started this tonight and have a few questions.

The strength/weakness pentagon... if it goes from Red -> Orange, that means I should attack with red characters against orange enemies, right? And I should try and have the orange opponents attack my red characters.

And when using red, is it the colour of the attacking character that matters or the colour of the tapped ki?

Does "Type Effect (up/sideways/down) arrow" during an attack animation refer to this strength/weakness? If so, it keeps surprising me what's strong/weak and doesn't behave like I expect.

I'm most interested in original Dragon Ball characters. It looks like those are currently available through the world tournament, but it's probably too late to really grind that, right? Is there any way to spend real money to help me get one or two of those?

What are the best near-term goals for someone totally new?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

linkent

Just started this tonight and have a few questions.

The strength/weakness pentagon... if it goes from Red -> Orange, that means I should attack with red characters against orange enemies, right? And I should try and have the orange opponents attack my red characters.

And when using red, is it the colour of the attacking character that matters or the colour of the tapped ki?

Does "Type Effect (up/sideways/down) arrow" during an attack animation refer to this strength/weakness? If so, it keeps surprising me what's strong/weak and doesn't behave like I expect.

I'm most interested in original Dragon Ball characters. It looks like those are currently available through the world tournament, but it's probably too late to really grind that, right? Is there any way to spend real money to help me get one or two of those?

What are the best near-term goals for someone totally new?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Welcome.
yes type advantage = do more damage while attacking and get less damage when defending.
you should attack Orange unit with RED, and defend Orange with RED. (these causes the UP or DOWN Arrow)
there are also Awakened advantage where awakened unit do more damage to non-awakened and also SUPER >< EXTREME advantage. (these causes the Diagonal Arrow)

Getting same color orb as unit will get you 2 KI, while different orb = 1 KI.

DB characters are mostly WT exclusive, you cant really get them with money, but you can use your gem to refill to do the WT and pull on the banner with the tickets you get from the WT.
get 9 consecutive wins and 6mil points will get you around 10 pulls for on that banner.

ffvorax

Playing a lot less recently, also for this WT I'm not going to refill my stamina but jsut consume my daily one available.... got to 10M right now, so it's ok like this, maybe I will get that 15M but maybe not, not going to cry if not...

That update about the reset without really solving the opponent "casual super" problem really killed me off the game... :\ (not that I lose so often, but I hate the idea...)

Gonna save all the stones until they release some new chars I lilke... that new Goku from the Super show... :Q....

_Legacy_

I'm raging, was on a 7 game win streak in WT and decided to get another win whilst on a work call. Took out my phone and midway through the run, my mind wandered and ended up just pressing buttons and died. I didn't even realise until 30 mins ago when I couldn't see my streak multiplier.

I'm never making that mistake again! Not sure if I can be bothered going for another streak, especially when the FE:Heroes voting event is also running right now.

my GSSRs:
Shugesh GA(Trash but new)
AGL SSJ Goten(New)
PHY a brand-new SA Goku(New)
STR SSJ Goku (GT) (Dupe)

edit: started doing x30...not that hard. Sometimes gotta use 1 usher due to bad RNG, but i got like 400 of em. I coulda saved so much time fmllll

edit again: Has anyone been having times where the x2 speed suddenly goes back to x1? It's happening a lot lately. It sucks because I can't change it to x2 during a SA and most of the time my guys are supering lol...

Tamanon

Banned
Got the AGI Bardock, and the STR SSJ Goku off my last 2 SSR tickets.

20 in a row done finally, 9.5 million points. Time to crank the difficulty up to at least 20X and start grinding. Shouldn't cost too many stones as I get two tourneys per stamina bar and there are still 10 more to grab.

That feeling when ssj3 vegeta does 200k damage on your omega shenron and ends your 40 win streak....

use jaco and chatzou m8. I use both plus pop an usher now and then. I have like 400 Ushers left though D: I started with like 480.

4mill from the 30mill, at 40 wins. Not sure if I'm go sub-10k or not, currently the 10000th person is sitting at 31mill

BrunoM

Didn't play all of yesterday was top 200 fell 1000 places played a bit today standing at 790s

I think if I stop I may be able to stay under 2.5k

What's the next godly lead for those of us lacking SSJ4s and the like?

SSJ3 Angel Goku is coming up, he's a super Teq leader. After that I assume INT Gogeta and STR Jenemba are next, Phy Gotenks after that and then TEQ SSJ3 Broly. I would say go based on which team you can run the best but INT Gogeta and Gotenks are probably the best upcoming and when SSJ4 Gogeta gets his leader skill (whenever that is) they make the fusions team.

MiTYH

I hate the dokkan cycle of

- Man there's nothing to do
- New event!
- That's done, nothing to do
- WT!
- WT goes on too long, it's boring
- New event!

Currently stuck in the WT going on too long. With the new dokkan events this week that'll be a nice change of pace, but I wish there was longer-term things to focus on. With LR Androids done and Hercule just waiting for more copies, there's not much besides gem farming to do

I hate the dokkan cycle of

- Man there's nothing to do
- New event!
- That's done, nothing to do
- WT!
- WT goes on too long, it's boring
- New event!

Currently stuck in the WT going on too long. With the new dokkan events this week that'll be a nice change of pace, but I wish there was longer-term things to focus on. With LR Androids done and Hercule just waiting for more copies, there's not much besides gem farming to do
I'm happy at the WT length. I was super busy this past weekend so I was only able to play a couple rounds of WT. I had to go ham yesterday(25 wins) to make up for lost time. I'm gonna go hard again today since not many people care about sub 10k.

Tamanon

Banned
Decided against going for Top 10 local. I'm 30 medals away from LR Piccolo, but....I honestly don't know where I'd use him right now. So I'll be okay being top 20 and getting him next tourney.

Probably like LR Gohan in the INT banner (0.2%). Since they didn't release Hit and Cabba support units I would say the banner isn't worth it unless you need STAR units.

No they don't.
They better be category leaders and not come out now like the constant whiners of Reddit want.

Why and why not now? They announced the results of the LR election 3 months ago - crickets since. Also I'm pretty sure LR Goten and Trunks are the template for new gacha LRs going forward. Which is fine imo. There are already category leaders. Category Leader Skills being exclusive to LRs would be a very bad move. Category leader skills even more powerful than the ones already present for existing categories would be beyond broken.

Anyway I suspect Babyface was talking about the LRs that have been out in JP for a minute like Rosemasu, Trunks and Ginyu. We're about due for one of them I'd say. Past due for Ginyu actually.

Just getting top 20k, not gonna bother with Gohan. At least I have my prizes and stones for TEQ SSJ3 Goku Angel.

Also it would be nice if we got the Heroes version of the STR LR before Japan or the Villain INT LR before Japan.

MiTYH

Man I should have been doing 30x this whole time. I played it safe at 15 (no LR Broly but all the links with an Omega STR team), to get my 20 wins, then hit 30. Haven't lost yet, and I'm about 20 local. Would be a hell of a lot higher if I had changed it up earlier. Thoughts for next time.

It also helps that I only gemmed once for stamina. Started 327 stones, ending above 360 (won't hit that last milestone). If I had less to do I would gem to break even buuuut meh. This prelim round is just the worst though

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Why and why not now? They announced the results of the LR election 3 months ago - crickets since. Also I'm pretty sure LR Goten and Trunks are the template for new gacha LRs going forward. Which is fine imo. There are already category leaders. Category Leader Skills being exclusive to LRs would be a very bad move. Category leader skills even more powerful than the ones already present for existing categories would be beyond broken.

Anyway I suspect Babyface was talking about the LRs that have been out in JP for a minute like Rosemasu, Trunks and Ginyu. We're about due for one of them I'd say. Past due for Ginyu actually.
Why now and not later? Do you want them to keep telling you not now as 3 months is so excruciating? Category leads are more fun, Goten and Trunks is yay, a little more powerful to what we had; you won't see me bithcing about them in the end if they aren't category since I'll never get them. Either way Global better get them first because there will be an ungodly amount of bitching about JP getting a Global thing first and we still need to go through Trunks and Black, plus we just recently got real access to Gohan, so no LR result for quite a while unless they want to shaft stuff.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Why now and not later? Do you want them to keep telling you not now as 3 months is so excruciating? Category leads are more fun, Goten and Trunks is yay, a little more powerful to what we had; you won't see me bithcing about them in the end if they aren't category since I'll never get them. Either way Global better get them first because there will be an ungodly amount of bitching about JP getting a Global thing first and we still need to go through Trunks and Black, plus we just recently got real access to Gohan, so no LR result for quite a while unless they want to shaft stuff.

How have your pulls been?

L Thammy

Man I should have been doing 30x this whole time. I played it safe at 15 (no LR Broly but all the links with an Omega STR team), to get my 20 wins, then hit 30. Haven't lost yet, and I'm about 20 local. Would be a hell of a lot higher if I had changed it up earlier. Thoughts for next time.

It also helps that I only gemmed once for stamina. Started 327 stones, ending above 360 (won't hit that last milestone). If I had less to do I would gem to break even buuuut meh. This prelim round is just the worst though

I tried playing it safe last time, now I went 30x the whole way. Currently 7778 global, 7 local. No Broly so I used my a Vegeto Blue team. I gemmed quite a bit though (I set ten gems as my limit but ended up spending twelve).

Top Bottom