• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

MANUELF

Banned
Thanks for the add! Will definitely check out the google doc and spam dem friend requests. :D
Accepted you, welcome aboard
I've got a JPN account I just use for fun when I remember I have it and... man, I hate it.

Started with legend Bart, eventually pulled Log Luffy. Then got Law, then Ace, then Doffy, and today got Jinbe. That's now a legend for each type, and a heck of a lot of diversity. Don't get me wrong, very happy with my main global account (INTHawk, Lucci, Shanks, Sengoku, Corazon), but man, these rates in JPN are insane.

the Japan rates are soooooo good, have yet to spend a cent on it
I cant since I dont have a credit card
and I have 6 legends (Boa, Fujitora, Ace, Doflamingo, Cavendish and Blackbeard) I have an excellent Driven team thanks to them

RedBoot

Farming Brownbeard is tougher than I expected, his stage is kind of brutal. My Croc team can beat him (despite not having Legend Doffy), but I absolutely have to hit every perfect on BrownB, and I think it requires +100 ATK CC on my friend Croc.

I've seen some Sengoku teams that work for him, but they all seem to focus on stalling long enough for BrownB's DEF Up to go down, which takes too long.

Don't have a particularly good team for Jozu, and since he doesn't seem too useful I'll probably just not bother with farming him.

I've seen some Sengoku teams that work for him, but they all seem to focus on stalling long enough for BrownB's DEF Up to go down, which takes too long.

Don't have a particularly good team for Jozu, and since he doesn't seem too useful I'll probably just not bother with farming him.

Doesn't seem all that hard so long as you have the Red Force and use this team. You just need to make sure you farm orbs and use your Breed special for orb chance going into the Brownbeard fight and you'll be golden.

Also, am I correct in seeing an overlap of the special up event and the Domino FN? The skill up starts 3AM EDT on the Tuesday the 18th and Domino FN leaves at 11PM EDT. I just want to make sure I got this right.

RedBoot

The last six chests I've gotten in the Colo have been cola...that's a lame streak. Had two chests drop when I cleared Jozu, both cola. Gimmie mah skillbooks!

Doesn't seem all that hard so long as you have the Red Force and use this team. You just need to make sure you farm orbs and use your Breed special for orb chance going into the Brownbeard fight and you'll be golden.

That one looks like it would work, though I'd have to rely on luck a bit since I don't have the Red Force. Not sure if I'd rather have that or the must-Perfect from a Croc team...might depend on what FCs I have available.

MiTYH

Farming Brownbeard is tougher than I expected, his stage is kind of brutal. My Croc team can beat him (despite not having Legend Doffy), but I absolutely have to hit every perfect on BrownB, and I think it requires +100 ATK CC on my friend Croc.

I'm using the stalling technique. It's not too terrible. Hopefully afterskillup when my breed is in better shape I can look at faster teams. But I'd rather just get copies even if it takes longer. Seems like Brownbeard has uses on a slasher team

Hana-Bi

Also, am I correct in seeing an overlap of the special up event and the Domino FN? The skill up starts 3AM EDT on the Tuesday the 18th and Domino FN leaves at 11PM EDT. I just want to make sure I got this right.

Yeah, they are overlapping a bit. Still got only 6 Boa books with my 2 books from the event earlier and my 8 almighty books I need 4 more books to get 20. i'm scared that I only get one or two skill ups out of those...

Raika

Welcome and have fun!
Added you.
If you already managed to open up extra islands you could get the current event ship which gives you 1.5x ATK as well as 1.5x EXP/beli. Should still be active for 2 or 3 days and can give you a nice boost in terms of Pirate Level.

Accepted you, welcome aboard

Thanks for the adds and welcomes. :p

I'm really digging the battle system so far, been grinding the gold and fortnight dungeons for rank ups. This event ship is so good, I'll be sad to see it go lol.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hey Raika - welcome to OPTC GAF - hope you will have a nice time with the game.

MiTYH

Man, I always get so nervous with my team for Kizaru's raid. It's RaidHawk/IntHawk, so the final stage requires soft resetting for 3 green orbs from law, then basically hitting all perferects. Very stress inducing.

In other news, Boa 6+ incoming from the data download today, she's in the log. I don't have her, but I know people will be happy with this.

And welcome Raika!

EDIT: After a free stamina upgrade from snails, I promptly messed up a perfect. Still, got the rest of them done, so that's a nice bit of dupes for potential skill ups... tomorrow, I think

RedBoot

In other news, Boa 6+ incoming from the data download today, she's in the log. I don't have her, but I know people will be happy with this.

I guess I should start leveling my Boa dupe, then. Not that I expect to get a skull anytime soon since I don't have the most reliable YWB team.

I feel like we're overdue for 5+ Sanji, Usopp, and Chopper, too.

bjork

I sold my dupe Boa because I don't know that I'd find a use for 6+ Boa. She helped buy skillbooks for legend BB, and he's skill maxed, so I guess it was worth it.

Decided to redownload the game after months. I'm on a new phone so new account. I remember why I dont play this anymore. Whenever I reroll on DBDB I can get set up pretty fast. I still haven't got 50 gems on this and there's no use if I did have them because I'll need more to unlock slots, plus there's no sugo on.

Should I just drop it again? I feel like restarting on this is such bullshit since the difficulty spikes so immediately to something you need maxed legends for. Like, it takes days to do your first multi

cw_sasuke

Decided to redownload the game after months. I'm on a new phone so new account. I remember why I dont play this anymore. Whenever I reroll on DBDB I can get set up pretty fast. I still haven't got 50 gems on this and there's no use if I did have them because I'll need more to unlock slots, plus there's no sugo on.

Should I just drop it again? I feel like restarting on this is such bullshit since the difficulty spikes so immediately to something you need maxed legends for. Like, it takes days to do your first multi

I mean they are completely diffrent games - some of the first gen units of OPTC like Whitebeard, Raidhawk, Golden Pound and co. are still some of the best units in the game while (from what i gathered) the meta change in DBZ is rather fast...the ridiculous power creep makes giving out as many free stones and having gem sales kinda necessary.

Should you drop it ? Well if you arent having fun there isnt much reason to keep going or wasting your time. If you continue....it would probably best to reroll during a Sugo and start with some Legends.

Its one of the better f2p titles - but i wont lie....time commitment is very high if you wanna close the gap and be part of the "current" meta. Why did you stop playing a couple months ago ?

bjork

The RNG in this game really reduces the fun when you basically waste cola/dupes/socketbooks, but you don't *need* maxed legends to do anything outside of forests, and even those probably have workarounds.

If I were to restart right now, I'd reroll during a sugo until I got Akainu and then I'd play casually.

cw_sasuke

Starting with Akainu and playing the old FN with double stamina sounds really chill. Yeah i second that.

Raika

Oh boy, I got my first 4* drop from the 15 stamina dungeon! :D

zqwAUer.png

No idea if she's good, but she's definitely going on my team because of her great
personality
!

bobohoro

After a bumpy start on Kizaru Raid (I always forget which Pacifista does what) and some unforeseen stalling trouble (Kizaru's preemptive doesn't count as a round for DEX, effectively making their CD longer by 2) I found my rhythm and am up to 10 copies. Planning on going for 25, but it's kinda slow since I need an INTHawk FC with a CD of 21 or lower to also use the event ship.

Only really need 3 skill-ups to get Kizaru down to a CD of 19, which would match my Enel. Getting him further down would be nice, especially for shooter teams, but right now I'm planning my Akainu team and I might have a shot with:

XNB1MA5.png

Stall on stage 1 as long as possible, then carefully rush through to Akainu. Can mess up the Kuzan boost once, as long as I have 4 enemies remaining to get it back up.
Use all specials on Akainu (3 blue orbs guaranteed) to one-shot him, make sure to finish him off with Gladius or Kizaru, since I'm kinda not sure what happens if you lose a Captain. Would the CA still be in effect?

The team would also work with Cavendish as a FC as long as he has nearly max CC ATK for the final burst after the revive. Can substitute Boa since you don't need the lock (3D2Y Luffy for easy perfects or Lucci for more orbs) and you can take two turns to finish him off for the first time.

Should probably replace the Merry with the Thousand Sunny for wave 3 though.

RedBoot

I sold my dupe Boa because I don't know that I'd find a use for 6+ Boa. She helped buy skillbooks for legend BB, and he's skill maxed, so I guess it was worth it.

I'm not expecting much from her, but I figured it'd be better to keep her than swap her for the Ray points (and I have an extra Legend Croc lying around in case I ever need to buy something).

I actually use Marco a lot as a captain, so a QCK beat stick is always welcome (that's where my regular Boa gets used). Her ATK boosts might come in handy for a colo or something.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll hold onto the account and see if I get a good pull around the next Sugo and just reroll if not. Reason I stopped playing was due to the grind for SA ups and slots yet them rarely working.

I know that stuff will still be waiting for me but I do enjoy the game until that point. Would be nice if I could get into my old INThawk/WB account but I guess I'd have needed a transfer code or something since it never asked me to choose which Google play account to load from like it used to.

Unfortunately my interest in the game comes and goes in waves like it does with the show.

mileS

Finally able to get a solid Kizaru team with TSL. Need them sockets!

Haven't tried him yet myself. What kind of team you running? Just maxed my Luffy's attack the other day. Feels good!! 1750 atk is disgusting.

Still no GPU books for me :( fucking soul crushing man... Mind you I didn't give it 110% like I should have (thanks to Persona 5 melting all free time away) but I did put a good 10 gems in earlier in the week. Usually complaining here turns the luck around but not this time. Isn't there another fortnight that drops them? I vaguely recall people talking about one that drops GPU books but 15stam only?

RedBoot

Still no GPU books for me :( fucking soul crushing man... Mind you I didn't give it 110% like I should have (thanks to Persona 5 melting all free time away) but I did put a good 10 gems in earlier in the week. Usually complaining here turns the luck around but not this time. Isn't there another fortnight that drops them? I vaguely recall people talking about one that drops GPU books but 15stam only?

Kuro's 15stam drops them. But you arguably have better odds in Duck Squad or during the Usopp'n raid. (Plus there's really nothing else worthwhile in Kuro's FN)

Still, there's no good way to get GPU books and the process kinda sucks. Think of it as a rite of passage. :p

Kyou

skill up starts tonight, what you goooooot

2x Boa Books (*cries a single tear of blood*)
5x Corazon Books
1x Azura Zoro books (for new zoro since I 5+ed my other one)
4x Diamble Sanji books
5x Izo books
3x Hawkins books
3x Brownbeard books
2x Chinjao books
4x Abdulah and Jeet books
1x SW Sanji book
5x SW Nami books
3x SW Brook books
9x GP Usopp books
4x Int Chopper books
3x Story Robin books
2x Unluckies books
3x Shoujo books
2x Cricket books
8x Monorhino books
5x Nezumi books (Crossing fingers for max!!!11)
6x Monorhino dupes
2x Gairam
3x Basilisk
2x Sebastian
2x Raid Boa
1x Story robin
6x Domino

nothing super exciting, but if I can go 2 for 2 on Boa my hell will be over

also I maxed Kizaru on dupes so that's nice

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Haven't tried him yet myself. What kind of team you running? Just maxed my Luffy's attack the other day. Feels good!! 1750 atk is disgusting.

TSL/TSL with Sabo, Aokiji, Franky and Doffy. On boss, I use TSL, TSL, Sabo and doffy, then Aokiji (if I didn't get all perfects) and Franky on the resurrection. I know there's a better way to do it but I haven't had much time.

EMT0

Banned
5x Almighty books (I think, rather than going insane with Domino, I'll feed these to Hancock)

Legend:
22x Whitebeard
4x Corazon

RR:
5x Gear 3rd
1x V1 Shanks
51x Izo
14x Koala (unevolved, for Sengoku)
6x Inazuma
7x Dellinger
11x Don Chinjao
8x Blue Gilly
16x Kelly Funk
12x Abdullah and Jeet
1x SW Luffy
4x SW Nami
6x SW Brook
3x SW Chopper
4x SW Robin
3x SW Usopp

Coliseum:
2x Colo Smoker
2x Colo Capone
3x Colo Sadie
3x Brownbeard

Raid:
40x Hancock

Fortnight:
15x FN Hancock
17x Gairam
22x Sebastian
17x Nightin
10x Yorki

F2P/Story:
5x Ashura Zoro (for my new Ashura, 5+ is maxed)
7x Sogeking
6x Impact Usopp
11x GP Usopp (I wish I could give you these, mileS)
1x Story Robin
6x Story Brook

I really hope the Whitebeard books pay off, as I forsook Ace and Croc books for them. I really want to get a decent number of skillups so that I can gurararara all over enemies with 6+ Whitebeard. Just his sub potential alone is just....hnnnnggg.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Thanks guys. I guess I'll hold onto the account and see if I get a good pull around the next Sugo and just reroll if not. Reason I stopped playing was due to the grind for SA ups and slots yet them rarely working.

I know that stuff will still be waiting for me but I do enjoy the game until that point. Would be nice if I could get into my old INThawk/WB account but I guess I'd have needed a transfer code or something since it never asked me to choose which Google play account to load from like it used to.

Unfortunately my interest in the game comes and goes in waves like it does with the show.
Read the manga! The show is painful.

Majukun

storage inventory for tomorrow

copies/skillbook

20 legend crocodile
1 RR moria
2 sogeking
10 brownbeard
13 chinjao
14 abdullah & jeet
4 bowling zoro
18 str story lucci
6 crybaby robin
23 str hancock
17 gairam
9 marguerite
15 nightin

gonna make space for those akainu..this time i wanna try and max it.

10 Boa books farmed. I think I used over 30 gems for this...

I'm fed up with farming. Between yesterday and today I've gotten 0 books despite all the refills and level ups. Both of Boa's forms have a max 17 turn cd, which isn't unusable.

I'm done. Unless there's some magical half stamina event or another FN with Boa books, I'm not wasting any more of my time on this. For all I know, the 10 books I farmed could give me absolutely nothing.

bobohoro

books:

Corazon 6
Sogeking 1
Colo Smoker 11
Colo Apoo 11
Funk Brothers 7
GPU 1
MF Luffy 3 (waiting for permanent skill-up)
Koza 8
FN Boa 6

Dupes:

FN Boa 2
Colo Apoo 4
Kizaru 24
Sebastian 2
Boa 3
Robin 2
T-Bone 4
Coli Smoker 13

So yeah, not all that much. Hoping for good skill-ups on Smoker books so I can use more dupes for G-5 and getting Kizaru as low as possible would be nice as well.
I'm also thinkg about using my 8 Almighty Manuals on 3D2Y Sanji, but I held out this long for permanent skill-ups, I might as well continue doing so.

Hana-Bi

I'm fed up with farming. Between yesterday and today I've gotten 0 books despite all the refills and level ups. Both of Boa's forms have a max 17 turn cd, which isn't unusable.

I'm done. Unless there's some magical half stamina event or another FN with Boa books, I'm not wasting any more of my time on this. For all I know, the 10 books I farmed could give me absolutely nothing.

Yeah, I try to max my first Boa and hope for Jombeis fn to come to global. Yesterday I didn't get any books. Today was at least better.

The only good thing of all this mess is the Buggy ship. One pirate level left to 240 stamina and I managed to level up all my low level units to at least level 59. My goal will be to max all those units. :)

mileS

Boa x58
Breed x8

books
Marco (RR) x27
Inazuma x7
Blue Gilly x8
Impact Usopp x 3
GPU x8

GPU books dropped today for me. Hit a streak and got 8 within 20min. Spent another 7 gems and got 0 :( lol oh my god the struggle is real. If these 8 can get me my last 3 skill ups for him I will be happy. If not I'm willing to try another 10 gems tomorrow for the last day. As always good luck to everyone tonight!

MiTYH

I love skillup analysis day! Then I always get sad when the results come in...

Skillbooks:
6 SW Shanks (going for the last one here!)
6 Corazon (farming was not kind to me on this one...)
12 XDrake
24 Inazuma
6 Colo Brownbeard
16 Chinjao
5 Koza (because he's apparently not maxed yet)
21 TEQ Brook
10 Fake Luffy
16 FN Boa
11 FN Laboon

Units:
4 FN Boa
6 FN Laboon
7 Gairam
6 TEQ Brook
6 Kizaru
9 Sebastian
18 FN "Young" Brook
5 Raid Boa
6 Colo Brownbeard
4 Tbone
27 Breed

Mostly excited for Breed. He's at Skill Lvl 2, and he needs skills/sockets for my ultimate Sengoku team

RedBoot

This is probably actually the least I've ever had for a skill-up, since they're coming more often now (WHICH IS GOOD) and I didn't really have anything to farm heavily this time around.

8x SW Ace books
4x Chinjao books
11x Blue Gilly books
4x Funk Bros books
2x Story Robin books (rarest of the rare)
10x Story Brook books (mine is already skill level 5 somehow from Strawhat isles)

10x Kizarus (need 2 levels)
6x Sebastians
19x Young Brooks (Human Brooks? Meatbag Brooks?)
3x Raid Boas (need 2 levels)
16x Brownbeads + 3 books (hopefully this will make a dent, will finish him in week 2 and 3)
2x Breeds (yes, I got 8 Ace books from farming and only 2 Breeds. Only need one level, luckily)

I'll probably get more of the World Pirate stuff over the week as well, wouldn't mind getting Chinjao as low as possible.

I've got 10 Almighty books, torn between using them for my last Sengoku level, or whatever SW Ace has left if I can't max him here. Still would rather wait for the permanent skill up boost, if it ever comes...

Kyou

Don't forget to ditch your Big Top when the skill up event goes live.

Goodbye old friend, you turned out to be my favorite of the limited time ships so far...

RedBoot

I actually only have a couple units from this new Sugo's boosted list, but the last time I tossed a multi at a boosted list like that I got jack-all, so I won't be fooled here. Sure would be nice to pull Barto or Cabbage though.

Also, tonight, after long last, I finally got the Basilisk from Domino's FN. It's not that he's particularly rare or anything, I just never bothered to run Domino more than 5 or so times before. With that, I have every fortnight character except for Boa from the current FN (who will hopefully turn up soon).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I forgot special ups were tonight. I really just have Corazon to max at this point. I'm kind of hoarding potential socket material for TS Robin and Brook.

Oh and YWB copies and Boa books. I ain't using either of those until we get the permanent rate increase.

I dunno, man. To me, the bolded sounds like a flaw, not a good thing. It means that new characters are so strong and powerful that they can clear stuff with little time and effort put into it. Just reroll and you're set. You shouldn't be able to clear the hard stuff with a fresh account, and you don't need legends for anything in this game except possibly some of the Coliseums and invasions which are super late game content. There is no wall that requires maxed legends anywhere close to the beginning of the game, and arguably ever in the late game.

In OPTC, an account that's been played regularly for 500 days ftp is infinitely more valuable and powerful than an account that has every legend on it that's only been played for 100 days. I think that's the way it should be, and that's why I appreciate OPTC's model more than most others.

Don't get me wrong. The game has problems when it comes to Specials and Sockets. I think they can be handled better. But in the early game you shouldn't even be that worried about completing sockets.

Kyou

last run of Domino before the skill up got me another Boa book. Now I only need to go 2 for 3 :p

went through and took out all my big tops while I remembered

TheShah

Boa books hate me. I've maxed SW Ace, Marco, and Log Luffy; farming their books were never as painful as getting Boa books. Does her book drop in any other fortnight? Maybe chances will be better there...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Boa books hate me. I've maxed SW Ace, Marco, and Log Luffy; farming their books were never as painful as getting Boa books. Does her book drop in any other fortnight? Maybe chances will be better there...

Yeah, her books drop in the Kimono Jinbei fortnight.

They also dropped in the Rescue Ace Event - Aokiji special event.

Special up time!

DJ Sanji: 0/1
rr Izo: 0/2
rr moria: 2/8 = level 6
rr Blueno: 2/4 = level 6
brownbeard: 1/8 = level 2
rr dellinger: 0/3
rr chin jao: 4/9 = level 5
hotori kotori: 1/7 = level 5
pell: 1/2 = max
str story lucci: 2/6 = level 3
story brook: 1/7 = level 3
fn hancock: 1/11 = level 2

copies:

raid hancock: 2/5 = level 3
brownbeard: 5/24 = level 7
breed: 2/10 = MAX
Domino: 1/7 = level 7
Sebastian: 3/7 = level 4
Nightin: 2/6 = level 3
dewgong collar'd: 0/8
Gairam: 0/4
Basilisk: 2/4 = level 3
Alephandra: 2/4 = level 6

Still missing a few guys but gotta go now, will edit post to add the remaining nonsense in a bit.

Kyou

Legend Boa: 1/3 (Not bad, not bad. Hopefully I can get one more today)
Corazon: 1/5 (Whatever)
Saint Roswald: 0/1 (NOOOOOOO ;_____;)
G3 Luffy: 1/1
Ashura Zoro: 0/1
Diamble Sanji: 0/4
Izo: 0/6 (Wow)
Hawkins: 2/3
Capone: 0/3
Brownbeard: 0/3
Colo Jozu: 0/1
Chinjao: 0/2 (jeeeeez)
A&J: 2/4
SW Sanji: 1/1
SW Nami: 0/5
SW Brook: 0/3
GP Usopp: 2/9
BP Chopper: 1/4
Unluckies: 1/4
Story Robin: 1/4
Shojo: 1/5
Cricket: 1/4 MAX (oh boy)
Nezumi: 1/6
Monorhino: 6/22
Basilisk: 0/4
Gairam: 0/2
Sebastian: 1/2
Raid Boa: 0/2
Domino: 4/7

Well, that sucked pretty hard

Edit: 19%, pretty far from the 25% average =\

Got 2 skill ups on my first 6 Boa book to finish my OG Boa. Used last 4 and got 1 skill up on my 2nd Boa. Used 5 almighty manuals and got 2 more skill ups putting me 1 away from max. I might suck it up and grind for the last skill up before the Domino FN goes away.

One off from max on Corazon. I went 0 for 15 on my last 3 feeds.
Maxed Dellinger.
Maxed Meat Brook. Now I have 62 copies left over for TS Brook.
Maxed Cube Guy.
Maxed Blue Gilly. Got a few skill ups on his unevolved form too.
4 skill ups on FN Boa.
3 skill ups on Don Chin Jao.

My biggest regret right now is not saving an unevolved form of Don Chin Jao after pulling him a ton during the 2nd anniversary. I forgot his unevolved form has a fighter typing that evolves into striker. He would have been pretty good on a Jimbe team, even without the evolved stats.

Top Bottom