• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Kyou

LOL, Young Doffy batch for a few days starting on the 13th. I guess he's double-boosted thanks to the STR Up.

Single boosted, none of the young Doffy guys seem to actually be boosted.

as much as I'd like Doffy for my driven teams I'm not gonna try. Also the downside to Doffy is that he's Doffy. Matching orbs are less desirable without that double orb boost

RedBoot

Single boosted, none of the young Doffy guys seem to actually be boosted.

Oh, bleh, you're right. Didn't read it closely enough. So only TS Sanji, Diamante, and Lao G are double-boosted.

Even the multipull is just a guaranteed gold. That's arguably worse than the current promotion, which guarantees you one of the "featured" characters.

Kyou

Oh, bleh, you're right. Didn't read it closely enough. So only TS Sanji, Diamante, and Lao G are double-boosted.

Even the multipull is just a guaranteed gold. That's arguably worse than the current promotion, which guarantees you one of the "featured" characters.

is that promotion going to overlap with the Doflamingo thing? If so, theoretically the featured characters would be the secret guys right?

Edit:
Y4IeH1t.jpg
#BuggyLife

Majukun

the droprates in the last day of farming are so much better
finally got to 20 croco books...the ideal number would be 25 since i have 5 levels left..but for now it will do.

also the easter egg rate was much better today

bjork

I've fallen off pretty hard lately. Did one Usopp run yesterday, I've done zero restaurants or fortnights lately. Looking to run this new FN a little, but idk.

I honestly hate how they refuse to have secret characters during sugofests on Global. I made a mistake trying to pull for the secret Sabo when that came around and I'm not going to go down that road again. My only hope is that they do a sugofest with all the secret characters like they did once in Japan. At the rate they're shitting out batches on global, they're going to run out of ways to draw people into pulling.

They really need to change it to the style Puzzle & Dragons uses, where the special event characters (ie Brides, Sakura, etc) are their own pull, and you only get guys from that batch. I feel like more people would pull for those than they would risk getting a Ms Goldenweek or whatever when they're all pooled together.

RedBoot

is that promotion going to overlap with the Doflamingo thing? If so, theoretically the featured characters would be the secret guys right?

My assumption is that the featured characters thing is just for the STR Up banner, and the North Blue promotion will supercede it (which is basically what happened with the recent sugo's promotion). The North Blue newspost specifically just mentions the multipull being 4* or better.

I can't actually remember if JPN has ever had a multipull promotion on a standard Type Up banner though, so this is somewhat new ground.

Majukun

gonna try a double baccarat/baccarat and buggy team for the next fortnight...using kyros would made it way easier,but the double drop is tasty

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Looks like I'm going to end up with 8 croc books. You win, RNG. I can't even get that mad since I don't really have a croc team to use him with.

Not sure what to farm during this upcoming FNs.

Kyou

gonna try a double baccarat/baccarat and buggy team for the next fortnight...using kyros would made it way easier,but the double drop is tasty
Is it easy enough that those teams will work?

Also side question is secret Boa used or is she socket fodder? She seems... alright I guess

ExVicis

Looks like I'm going to end up with 8 croc books. You win, RNG. I can't even get that mad since I don't really have a croc team to use him with.

Not sure what to farm during this upcoming FNs.
I have the opposite problem. I have all the necessary units for the Croc Dream and I have like 10 Croc books....but no Croc.

Which means I'm never gonna pull him.

Edit: Oh wait I'm missing Legend Doffy too, guess I'm two units short.

Majukun

Is it easy enough that those teams will work?

Also side question is secret Boa used or is she socket fodder? She seems... alright I guess

i don't know,it's all theory for now

but an almost maxed sabo does wonders..i burst for 650k with no matching orbs or boosters with him in the team

bobohoro

Don't really need anything from the new FN, although secret Boa is kinda decent and Sebastian seems like a good PH unit to have for STR content. The other two might then just be sold off for Ray points, I guess.

Might just double stam the Elizabeth FN for Apoo and Nico Robin books, as well as some Sanji sockets.

Although Coli will be the main attraction for the weekend. Need to farm Smoker hard. Will probably socket G-5 Smoker first and then work on Colo Smoker.

FN Boa is great for Sengoku teams, 20 cost, STR unit with 1200 atk, orb locker, and orb changer if health is <30%.

It once again pains me that I haven't maxed raid Sabo (AND THAT BANDAI HASN'T SCHEDULED HIM TO RETURN YET!) but I think the FN should be doable with this team:

b2wRwtT.png

I've also noticed that we only have 4 cerebral STR units on global. Raid Kuma, Genzo, Ohm, and Mr. 1. Seems a bit lacking for options.

EMT0

Banned
The preliminary final tally from the Kraken FN is 22 Whitebeard books, 47 Izo books. It took a lot of work, but hopefully it pays off come skillup time. And I'll echo sentiments that Le Crap was more generous on the final day, I finished my Marco's RCV CCs and am 16 CC away from maxing Sabo's ATK and 8 away from Fuji's HP.

I think the next unit for RCV will be Corazon, for HP will be Legend Blackbeard, and for ATK will be Cavendish. My general plan for CC priorities is this:

RCV: Enel -> Legend Margo/Corazon -> Mansherry -> 3D2Y Sanji -> INTvankov -> 5+ Robin -> Legend Hancock
ATK: Raid Sabo -> Cavendish -> <Legends in order of most used to least used> -> Vergo/Kyros -> Most used RR units(an eternity away)
HP: <Tank Legends such as Blackbeard/Ace/Jinbe> -> Legends that don't have a RCV stat that's relevant -> Most used RR units(also an eternity away)

Lemme know if I overlooked some relevant units that merit being listed by name, I figure I probably forgot some.

Majukun

FN Boa is great for Sengoku teams, 20 cost, STR unit with 1200 atk, orb locker, and orb changer if health is <30%.

It once again pains me that I haven't maxed raid Sabo (AND THAT BANDAI HASN'T SCHEDULED HIM TO RETURN YET!) but I think the FN should be doable with this team:

b2wRwtT.png

I've also noticed that we only have 4 cerebral STR units on global. Raid Kuma, Genzo, Ohm, and Mr. 1. Seems a bit lacking for options.

momonga is useless since you can't use type boosters

momonga is useless since you can't use type boosters

Yeah, I missed the info about the 1.5x attack boost for the first stage pre-emptive. The team still works with a 1.5x damage boost instead of a 1.75x boost. Not having to use Momonga gives me the option of using story Rayleigh (0.5 added to the chain multiplier) or Monet for a conditional boost.

Hana-Bi

Running double Haruta for Le Crap is kinda nice. Managed 10 runs (11 was possible but no stamina left) and got 30 eggs.

Will try to get some Boa books starting tomorrow and will farm the new fn next week.

Running double Haruta for Le Crap is kinda nice. Managed 10 runs (11 was possible but no stamina left) and got 30 eggs.

Will try to get some Boa books starting tomorrow and will farm the new fn next week.

I switched to a Haruta team from my Sengoku team. I think I got more runs in with my Sengoku team compared to the 11 I did today but I got really lucky with egg drops and dupes with a total of 42 eggs. I based my team around this run. However, I learned a few things: This guy has atk cc on his Haruta because you otherwise wouldn't be able to defeat the mob around Fullbody with just 1 Haruta special. He has lvl 2 cd which is probably difficult for most people unless you socketed Dr. Indigo with it or are a power user with Haruta already socketed. Also, since I don't have Croc, I subbed in Tesoro since his special is also 14 turns and does enough damage to OHKO wave 9. I tackled the stage a little differently and stalled extra turns so I could clear Fullbody's stage with both Haruta's specials, and then just use Tesoro and Dr. Indigo and the subsequent waves.

RedBoot

Oh, what's that? People are saying the drop rates are better for Le Crap today?

*6 out of 8 runs are single egg drops*

lies

MiTYH

After a week of farming, I have 27 Breed copies available. My original Breed is Skill level 2, so, not great, I'm more worried about slots at this point. But I'm not doing anything until skillup event comes.

That was an annoying FN to farm, mostly because I needed no real books except QCK Inazuma. Got the bunny Maxed/maxed, and the kung fu dugong got to a usable skill level (turn 15 of 12) and good sockets. Hell even the octopus got to skill 21 of 12 (6 turns down). So, yay?

Time for a new FN! I don't need many books, but need to think of a team. Under 180 cost means some interesting teams

ExVicis

So excited for Brownbeard Colo to come out tomorrow. When it comes to Slasher boosters it's really hard to get any good f2p. In fact, as far as I can tell, Prisoner Mr. 1 is the only one, but he's not that great when every guide explicitly needs either 3D2Y Zoro or goddamn Koza and I can't pull those units ever.

How hard is he as a Colo Boss? I'm trying see what I can put together for that.

Hana-Bi

Japan is getting an Elizabello fn. Almost max socket mine (2 bind and 1 despair missing), so now I can start socketing other units.

Problem is I don't know who... I could start socketing Jimbe (seems like we won't get his fn) or Corazon (his fn could also be missing on global). Any rr units I could spend my tomes on? Almost maxed Monet and Trebol and maxed Caesar...

bobohoro

Time for a new FN! I don't need many books, but need to think of a team. Under 180 cost means some interesting teams

Not really, since the FN is incredibly easy. Double Momonga teams with strong Cerebral attackers should do the job without breaking a sweat, 3D2Y Luffy and Kyros are also Captains/FCs to look out for. I run double Kyros with two strong STR and INT characters each and just tap through the whole stage without a care in the world. Use an orb booster like Noland (not Coby due to fighter ATK down) on the final boss and it should be a OTKO.

You'll have to put a bit more thought into making a double Haruta team if you have the option, but that's pretty much it.

Problem is I don't know who... I could start socketing Jimbe (seems like we won't get his fn) or Corazon (his fn could also be missing on global). Any rr units I could spend my tomes on? Almost maxed Monet and Trebol and maxed Caesar...

Cora has a FN?
Legend with 5 sockets, Free Spirit and a good heal with SBs available, I'd say he is a pretty decent option to pump tomes into. Jimbei as well, although the moment you maxed his sockets will be when the announcement for his FN comes to global.

Since most RR have a means to get sockets by now it really just depends on who you'll need in the near future or who you're using on a regular basis. And if the farmable sockets are off a character you'd like to max as well (Coli Marco or Gladius for example) since farming for two characters is quite the investment. Health cutting and orb boosting/locking RRs are always a good investment in my opinion.

bjork

Dex BB/Dex BB
Log Zoro/Log Chopper
GPU/New Year's Sabo

strolling through this one, and I'd love to finish my Koala skills once and for all. If the others come, that's okay too.

Running:

Sengoku/Sengoku
Breed/Y.Arlong
Gpu/H.Zoro

Gonna keep at this fortnight till I get secret Boa to drop & then I'll probably switch to Domino.

None of these fortnights strike me as extremely interesting as I only need books for Boa & Donchin; but I never use Donchin anyway.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Use a standard Mihawk ft. Ohm and Arlong....teaming up with Haruta friends. Works well.

No Boa invade so far though.

Edit:

lol ofc...Boa invade my first run after this post.

EMT0

Banned
I had Boa pop up on my second run of the FN at 30 stamina, happy to have her. She'll be a great sub for Sengoku. I haven't seen a single Don Chinjao book yet, sadly enough, although I only really need 1 skillup to get him to match Raid Aokiji. Anything lower is just gravy. After I get 5-10 Don Chinjao books I'll probably swap over to Domino and cross my fingers for Hancock books.

mileS

Well over 800 stam and not a single GPU book. At least half of that wasn't double stam either. Fuck this game sometimes. If it was any other non legend book I would have 15 of them by now.

ExVicis

I forgot how much I hate Domino's FN, this is ridiculous, two tries and both ended in horrible failure on her stage. I need to get more anti-bind sockets.

Hana-Bi

3 gems, 12 double stamina Domino runs, 0 Boa books so far...

Really don't know if I should keep going. Need two Boa to max skill but fuck this shit (last time I farmed 10 books for zero skill ups...).

3 gems, 12 double stamina Domino runs, 0 Boa books so far...

Really don't know if I should keep going. Need two Boa to max skill but fuck this shit (last time I farmed 10 books for zero skill ups...).

I'm in the same boat. I think I might just bite the bullet and farm it to get it over with. Banquet Jimbei got the Berry Good treatment in the Jimbei forest so I'm not really keen on sitting around waiting for a FN that might never come. Gamewith has the drop rate for the Boa books on the Banquet FN at 9% versus 7% for Domino's FN so it doesn't seem too much of a significant difference in farming the two. Missing out on sockets sucks but having the 2x stamina option is nice for saving time.

mileS

The skill up event is split up before and after the clash? only up for a short period. That seems odd. Good news is if my 58 copies of Boa isn't enough I can farm whatever else I need and have a skill up event days later. Hopefully I won't need to.

EMT0

Banned
I really wish the calendar site wasn't abandoned. It would make sorting out what is overlapping during these events much easier.

Agreed, I wish the creator had turned over the reigns to r/OPTC's mods or something. They'd have been diligent in upkeeping it

The skill up event is split up before and after the clash? only up for a short period. That seems odd. Good news is if my 58 copies of Boa isn't enough I can farm whatever else I need and have a skill up event days later. Hopefully I won't need to.

I actually like this much better for much the same reasons. Unload everything in my box the first day, make up for what I'm short on at the end of the week. If it's a sign of more frequent skillup events then I'm all for it

Bandai's going to keep permanent skillup rates being improved until the French anniversary alongside the Ace island, aren't they?
EDIT: My new theory is that they're withholding features to force an artificially great French anniversary. 'Permanent skillup rate! Invasions all the time! Ace Island! 2 Year Sunny returns!' Yep, I can see the BS now

Hana-Bi

Finally got my first Boa book. :) the good thing this week is that I really don't need to farm anything else (Don Chinjao is at skill level 2 so I don't have to max him since Aokijis special is also with a cd of 18) and the colo units aren't that important. With Buggys ship I get 16k exp per double stam run so thats a plus for the gem waste of Boa book farming...

Kakaroach

Only ended up with 6 Croc books after a full week of farming. Not much else to do for me right now besides coliseum I guess.

Kyou

looking over the guides on reddit, I'm not sure what kind of team I can manage with Jozu

just want to beat him once, not planning to farm him

MiTYH

Okay, looking to future YWB teams, is there an INTHawk team that DOESN'T use 3d2y zoro? Seems like every one has him... Annoying.

Also need to look to see if there are some strong Sengoku/SW Shanks/Legend Lucci teams that might be able to make it. Really want at least one copy

bobohoro

Okay, looking to future YWB teams, is there an INTHawk team that DOESN'T use 3d2y zoro? Seems like every one has him... Annoying.

I'd love a raid character with a 1.75x booster for slashers.
Make it 40 stamina and QCK.

Farming Coli Smoker without much trouble. SW Shanks/TS Franky works, as does Sakazuki/TS Sanji or even TS Sanji/TS Sanji. Skill-up event now makes me rethink if I should focus on G-5 though. Will sit on my dupes/books for now and have a look on the first day of skill-up.

And Boa again? Her raid has been around quite often the last two months. And I'm always just on the edge of being able to reliably farm her, probably won't make it this time either.

Kyou

Marco's done on sockets save for one despair, and I'll probably just wait for a book

Who do you guys think I should use my tomes on next? Lucci, Sengoku, Corazon or Jinbei?

I consider Lucci unfarmable

EMT0

Banned
I'd love a raid character with a 1.75x booster for slashers.
Make it 40 stamina and QCK.

Farming Coli Smoker without much trouble. SW Shanks/TS Franky works, as does Sakazuki/TS Sanji or even TS Sanji/TS Sanji. Skill-up event now makes me rethink if I should focus on G-5 though. Will sit on my dupes/books for now and have a look on the first day of skill-up.

And Boa again? Her raid has been around quite often the last two months. And I'm always just on the edge of being able to reliably farm her, probably won't make it this time either.

That would indeed be dope to have. Shiryu raid, maybe?

Marco's done on sockets save for one despair, and I'll probably just wait for a book

Who do you guys think I should use my tomes on next? Lucci, Sengoku, Corazon or Jinbei?

I consider Lucci unfarmable

Depends on who you use most to least. I'd probably say Sengoku as your top priority since he speedruns a whole lot of things unless you're dying to clear forests with Corazon, or Jinbe if he'd be your go-to 'Dream Team' clearer of content. I'd put Lucci at the bottom until the Hody Jones batch drops, tbqh.

mileS

Sengoku can go without sockets for most of the content you would run with him. They are nice but eh. I would say Jinbei

Kyou

I'll probably go for Jinbei then. I've been using him a lot lately. Sengoku has been finding a lot of use too but I seem to usually be okay there on sockets because most of my FN characters are socketed

I'm not in a super big hurry to do Corazon because I don't have an Elizabello and it seems like he's in every forest zombie team ever.

RedBoot

Did my Young Doffy pull and got Hawkins, who I'd somehow never pulled despite playing the game since Day 1. So I guess that's nice.

Probably lost around 80 stamina today running Colo teams from Reddit's guide that straight-up didn't work. It's like, hey, here's a Driven team that requires a maxed Shiki that works maybe half the time. That's good enough, right? :p

Due to that and lack of time, I only finished the Brownbeard tree today, I'll have to clear Jozu tomorrow. Probably going to focus on farming Brownbeard first though.

MANUELF

Banned
Did my single pull and got a dupe silver, ay least it gave me the needed points to get the Rocketman which is at level 9 after 91 colas, it failed 4 times from level 4 to 5 and once from 5 to 6

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
List of Legends with 100% completion rates on Gamewith:

Barto
Fuji
Sabo
Law
Cavendish
Akainu
Red Hawk Luffy.

Free Spirit is so OP right now.

Top Bottom