• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

mileS

Got 4 Breed's in one double Stam run. Wasn't sure if he could drop on the stage before the boss. Now if that could only happen more often. Most of my Breed double stam runs leave me with nothing.

Hana-Bi

It's really interesting to see the legends who have a 100% clearing rate according to gamewith.

Besides the obvious top three (TS Luffy, Akainu and Fuji) the other legends are Sabo, Cavendish, Law and Barto.

Free Spirit teams really are op in japan right now (glad I have Barto and Law from those seven legends).

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's really interesting to see the legends who have a 100% clearing rate according to gamewith.

Besides the obvious top three (TS Luffy, Akainu and Fuji) the other legends are Sabo, Cavendish, Law and Barto.

Free Spirit teams really are op in japan right now (glad I have Barto and Law from those seven legends).
TS luffy, 6+ Sabo, invasion shanks, invasion cavendish, TS brook, colisseum kanjuro just came one after another to provide an insane amount of burst potential and orb manipulation (and sockets)

EMT0

Banned
It looks like I wasn't kidding about the curse finally being broken, because 8 gems later, I'm sitting at 10 Whitebeard books which means I've averaged about 1 gem per book. After that monster dry streak, I'll take it. Happily so.

ExVicis

So I've been looking at and puzzeled by some of my friend's CC choices and I have to wonder, is there really a point to dividing CC on some characters? Like Is there any reason I wouldn't go a full 100 HP and Attack CC on Jinbe? or a full 100 CC on Raid Sabo?

So I've been looking at and puzzeled by some of my friend's CC choices and I have to wonder, is there really a point to dividing CC on some characters? Like Is there any reason I wouldn't go a full 100 HP and Attack CC on Jinbe? or a full 100 CC on Raid Sabo?

Possibly they got a new legend halfway through CC-ing the old one, and wanted to prioritize the new one?

Like who cares about Boa CC when you pulled TS Luffy and Fuji during sugo.

bobohoro

Finished socketing Colo Apoo, still 5 skill-ups from max, thanks global. Oh well, got 11 books and 4 dupes to sit on until next skill-up, hoping to get him down to at least 13 since my SW Franky and Heracles are at that CD as well. My go-to-team for speedfarming FNs without restrictions should be usable then:

Lvp6mZ3.png

Fully maxed with CD sockets at Lv 2 you could burst as early as turn 6 with that team.
My team in the near future will be able to do it at turn 9 at least. Still need to get Kizaru further down and get the boat as well.

Still unsure what I'll waste my stamina on today. I should be farming Cora books, but I don't need anything else from that FN and can't double stamina it, so it's kinda annoying. Same for farming Breed, just need him from the FN and his drop rate isn't that great. A few more copies of Apoo couldn't hurt, but then he is already pretty usable as is and socketing DEX Apoo doesn't seem that important anymore.

Might just do a few runs of Restaurant Le Crap, although the 20 stamina version is reaaaaally bad. But easter eggs offset it a bit at least. Can only imagine how good the 40 stamina easter event would be. From what I gathered online you get 8-10 CC drops on average per run on there. 20 stamina gives me 2.

ExVicis

Possibly they got a new legend halfway through CC-ing the old one, and wanted to prioritize the new one?

Like who cares about Boa CC when you pulled TS Luffy and Fuji during sugo.
I understand that but I mean as an example there's a Rayleigh in my list of friend captains that just has 30 rcv, 30 hp, and 40 attack and I wondering what's the reason for that?

EMT0

Banned
I understand that but I mean as an example there's a Rayleigh in my list of friend captains that just has 30 rcv, 30 hp, and 40 attack and I wondering what's the reason for that?

Honestly, there is none. Some people just dun goof on feeding cotton candies because they didn't do their research. The only cases where it's okay to split cotton candies would be something like Legend Marco, where you definitely want to max out his RCV, but attack and HP can be split because you'll likely be putting him with tank captains that boost both HP and ATK like Legend Jinbe or Blackbeard. Although then it's easy to argue that you should stick with just one instead of going 50/50.

bobohoro

In the case of Ray it might just be people feeding their golden CCs to him, since he is a pretty versatile legend without being a high attacker (don't think he breaks top-10 for INT for example). Sure it's not perfect in terms of MIN/MAXing a character, but not everybody really cares about that and in most cases CC distribution, while helpful, doesn't make or break a team.

There are a few exceptions, Raid Sabo for obvious reasons in terms of ATK, or Cavendish. Raid Enel and 3D2Y Sanji really should have +100 in RCV and Raid Blackbeard can probably make use of those +100 HP CC more than most other units.

I think we will see a larger quantity of well optimized characters in the future, when CC should become more common like it is in Japan. Right now a long-time f2p player barely has enough to CC max more than a few characters (my personal total count of buffs is just shy of 500 for example and I've been playing regularly for over half a year), so it makes sense for players to just dumb every CC on their legend even if it isn't perfect.

MANUELF

Banned
Just finished Impel down in story and with the orbs I pulled since Im only 100 points away from the rocketman, even a silver would be enough so of course I get a story character and no rocketman

EMT0

Banned
My luck has really turned around on Whitebeard books. I'm at 14 books now, as well as 24 Izo books, and a maxed out Kraken special(I need 2 more autoheal). The Neptunian Squid(low CD poison), Laboon, and Dancing Django are are all special maxed too. Other loot includes 25 QCK pigs, 55 STR pigs, and all the baby turtles needed to evolve said pigs but zero evolvers for these pigs. I'm going to be gemming for baby sea horses, yessir I am.

My original goal was 15 Whitebeard books, but now I'm thinking of shooting for 20. Assuming this luck reversal holds, of course. Ever since that first book dropped breaking my curse, I've averaged about 1 book per gem.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Finished socketing Colo Apoo, still 5 skill-ups from max, thanks global. Oh well, got 11 books and 4 dupes to sit on until next skill-up, hoping to get him down to at least 13 since my SW Franky and Heracles are at that CD as well. My go-to-team for speedfarming FNs without restrictions should be usable then:

Fully maxed with CD sockets at Lv 2 you could burst as early as turn 6 with that team.
My team in the near future will be able to do it at turn 9 at least. Still need to get Kizaru further down and get the boat as well.

Still unsure what I'll waste my stamina on today. I should be farming Cora books, but I don't need anything else from that FN and can't double stamina it, so it's kinda annoying. Same for farming Breed, just need him from the FN and his drop rate isn't that great. A few more copies of Apoo couldn't hurt, but then he is already pretty usable as is and socketing DEX Apoo doesn't seem that important anymore.

Might just do a few runs of Restaurant Le Crap, although the 20 stamina version is reaaaaally bad. But easter eggs offset it a bit at least. Can only imagine how good the 40 stamina easter event would be. From what I gathered online you get 8-10 CC drops on average per run on there. 20 stamina gives me 2.

Congrats Sir !!

Thats a nice looking Shooter squad. I was hoping to farm some Apoo as well but for some reason all my Fujitora friends were a no-show this weekend and thats the only team i can clear the stage with....def. a bummer but maybe next time.

@EMT0
Thats good to hear - deserved after that shitty luck initially.

mileS

Global Restaurant Le Crap is crap normally. I won't disagree there... but when the drops are eggs? shit I'm not going to complain. Spent a gem on stam for todays runs, ended up with a turtle that had +58 candy that I fed to my TS Luffy.

If it wasn't eggs I wouldn't have used a gem to refill stam. The restaurant can seem really fucking painful when its normal drops.

Kyou

Managed a stamina bar of runs and got 26 eggs today,drops were pretty good

For the last run I ran my Buggy/Fuji team and my effort was rewarded with an extra cola. So, yeah, preeeetty happy with this pull.

Majukun

it's 2 days in a row that I can't drop a crocodile book.. still stuck at 12.. my objective was around 20...

and tomorrow I have to farm usopp...

EMT0

Banned
Took a "bit" of rerolling but I got Akainu as my first unit. Kuma as my second.

That's a pretty good start for Akainu, there's synergy there due to both being STR Powerhouse plus Kuma guaranteeing three orbs. You're going to want to keep your eyes peeled for a unit in the Fishman Island batch called Dosun. A Powerhouse orb booster and class booster, all rolled into one. The F2P unit set for a similar(stronger) effect would be Gasparde/FN Kingdew + Raid Kuma. I haven't looked into Akainu too much, but prepare to stomp holes in most content you try, that's for sure. Good luck!

Faynwulf

That's a pretty good start for Akainu, there's synergy there due to both being STR Powerhouse plus Kuma guaranteeing three orbs. You're going to want to keep your eyes peeled for a unit in the Fishman Island batch called Dosun. A Powerhouse orb booster and class booster, all rolled into one. The F2P unit set for a similar(stronger) effect would be Gasparde/FN Kingdew + Raid Kuma. I haven't looked into Akainu too much, but prepare to stomp holes in most content you try, that's for sure. Good luck!

Thank you very much for the advice! I'm guessing Fishman Island is one of the next content batches coming up for global? I still remember how much I struggled when I played way back when. It's crazy how good Akainu is already.

EMT0

Banned
Thank you very much for the advice! I'm guessing Fishman Island is one of the next content batches coming up for global? I still remember how much I struggled when I played way back when. It's crazy how good Akainu is already.

Yep, they should be coming after the next Strawhat batch. And they're amazing units, every single one of them. You could, should, and likely will be slotting in most of the Hody Jones batch with regularity into your Akainu teams since they're ridiculously good Powerhouse subs. This is just one example:

3taBU31.png

Although fair warning, as amazing as they are, they're also units that start at pretty high CDs (20-21 except for Zeo at 17, bottom left, amazing unit on his own) and their skillbooks are going to be pretty far away so there isn't much pressure to actually pull them on release. So while they can do crazy, crazy damage they may not be easy to use without at least a maxed Rocketman. Lack of easy access to autoheal sockets for now even in Japan means that you'll most likely only be using Zeo in your day to day Akainu teams for several months.

I'm most likely going to be dropping a multi the moment that batch is out so I may be a biased source

Faynwulf

Yep, they should be coming after the next Strawhat batch. And they're amazing units, every single one of them. You could, should, and likely will be slotting in most of the Hody Jones batch with regularity into your Akainu teams since they're ridiculously good Powerhouse subs. This is just one example:

Although fair warning, as amazing as they are, they're also units that start at pretty high CDs (20-21 except for Zeo at 17, bottom left, amazing unit on his own) and their skillbooks are going to be pretty far away so there isn't much pressure to actually pull them on release. So while they can do crazy, crazy damage they may not be easy to use without at least a maxed Rocketman. Lack of easy access to autoheal sockets for now even in Japan means that you'll most likely only be using Zeo in your day to day Akainu teams for several months.

I'm most likely going to be dropping a multi the moment that batch is out so I may be a biased source

I don't think I'll be able to get close to the Rocketman. Doesn't it leave the Bazaar in like a month?

You're definitely doing a good job in selling me those units. It really depends on how much gems I'll be able to save until then.

EMT0

Banned
I don't think I'll be able to get close to the Rocketman. Doesn't it leave the Bazaar in like a month?

You're definitely doing a good job in selling me those units. It really depends on how much gems I'll be able to save until then.

Yep, but it'll cycle back in time. Japan's had it cycle back so it's a safe bet that it'll cycle back for us too.

Kyou

Since I'm getting some nice friend requests lately I went through and deleted some people on my friend list that havent played in 500+ days

to give you an idea there were Mihawks that had skill ups but no sockets

edit: Also since I mention friend lists here's the spreadsheet for this thread, quote to see!

EMT0

Banned
Every time I see Usopp'un up, I think 'Oh, Usopp'un! Cool! I'll socket X Usopp!'. And ten minutes later, I go eh...zzzzzzz. I'll try and get SW Usopp's sockets as far along as I possibly can before I drop off due to boredom.

Also, I managed to actually die on the Usopp'un raid by trying to get fancy and using 3D2Y Robin's special. Don't do this unless you use her on Usopp'un's final stage or his preempt will kill you.

I know, I amaze myself every day too with my ability to goof

RedBoot

Usopp'n day! Got one of the 2 AH slots I needed on SW Usopp. I'll keep my goals limited today and just hope to finish that much, it would be nice to not spend any gems on it. I could start on Log Usopp or finish up Sogeking (for Usopp 5+), but I'm not sure how much I'll use either.

Global Restaurant Le Crap is crap normally. I won't disagree there... but when the drops are eggs? shit I'm not going to complain. Spent a gem on stam for todays runs, ended up with a turtle that had +58 candy that I fed to my TS Luffy.

If it wasn't eggs I wouldn't have used a gem to refill stam. The restaurant can seem really fucking painful when its normal drops.

Yeah, having eggs is basically like doubling all your drops compared to regular Le Crap. Even only getting 2 drops is still solid. I had relatively good luck on the first day, but today's runs were mostly 1-2 drop runs. Still, I finished up Marco's RCV and both my Rayleigh and SW Ace are making progress.

Rixa

Is there a reason why Usopp nr 5004
"Vow in the Great Age of Pirates - Brave Sea Warrior" Usopp is only a Fighter?

*Hey lets make this Usopp Captain skill to boost Shooters and lets not give him Shooter perk". Not that I would use him as captain but ehh +5* maybe or maybe not.

Just my random thoughts after Usopp clash that takes gazillion minutes to finish.

EMT0

Banned
@Majukun I think it does. It's worded similarly to Sabo's special, so it makes sense that it'd function similarly

Whoo lordy, those new 5+ units tho. Pulled directly from r/OPTC:

5+ Robin:
Captain Ability: Boost ATK of PSY units by 2.25x and heals for 3x her RCV
Special: Reduce Lock, Despair, Silence for 3 turns and Cooldown by 1 turn

5+ Franky:
Captain Ability: Boost INT units ATK by2.5x, take 10% less damage
Special: deal 35x ATK in INT damage to all enemies, Shooters and Freespirit change Meat and Tandem into matching orbs

5+ Brook:
CA: Boost Attack of free spirt characters by 2.5x and heals for 430 HP after each turn
Special: Delays and locks orbs for 1 turn

That Robin is basically PSY Raid Enel. The current version has 351 RCV, so 451 with maxed out CC. That equates to 1353 healed per turn, assuming her RCV stat doesn't get bumped up higher. Meanwhile Enel is 1670 healed per turn. That's damn good. 5+ Franky will be very useful orb manipulator when clearing stages that change your orbs and the first good F2P INT captain, tbh. 5+ Brook is basically Leo minus the health cut, but also Slasher friendly. All great upgrades, all useful. Definitely way better than 5+ Chopper who's uses are more niche, or 5+ Usopp which still loses out to GPU on harder content.

Kyou

I think Brook is the best out of those three. Most improved for sure and I don't think there's many slasher orb lockers

EMT0

Banned
While I think 5+ Robin is the best out of all three, I'm probably going to go with 5+ Brook when the time comes. Because unlike Robin and Franky, I don't have a line of Brooks waiting to be socketed
that I won't happily kick out of order behind 5+ Brook

I'll ... probably go for 5+ Robin cause I love using Enel & getting an Enel of a "neutral" color like PSY sounds like it'd be pretty god-tier.

Franky has some situational use as as an orb manipulator for TS Luffy; but I've got a few decent options for that already.

Brook ... no use as a captain due to TS Luffy & as a sub he seems like just another dex slasher; give me a slasher with 2 turns of delay and I'll be interested.

bobohoro

I'm probably gonna get the skull for Robin as well down the line. Neutral Enel light, even safer burst potential due to Impact Usopp not cutting HP and I have TS Franky for a 2x orb boost for PSY. And she pairs well with SW Shanks. Shame about the niche special, but not unuseable and if her stats are somewhat decent she seems like a pretty awesome unit overall.

Brook would be great if he wasn't DEX, still pretty useful and I don't have other Brooks to socket, so I'll get his skull at some time.

Franky seems kinda decent but not really good enough to find a spot on more advanced teams.

The news also got me to farming for Nami's skull, 2x drop and all. No luck after 5 or 6 runs though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone can suggest a good team to beat Marineford pt 1?

Hmm...many teams can clear those stages - only thing important would be too luck up the stages beforehand so that you dont end up wasting stamina against some Gimmick boss. For the tougher Story Islands i always used my (at the time best team) with G3 - if G3 didnt work for some reason i always go go Ultra save with Double Enel and stalling until all actives are ready.

mileS

Usopp-un sucks. They hype you up for sockets, books and candy but 99% of the time you only end up with fodder units.

Kyou

Usopp-un sucks. They hype you up for sockets, books and candy but 99% of the time you only end up with fodder units.
I've somehow gotten ten GP books out of it

Working on a third gp usopp with map and poison sockets. Only getting lock, despair, and heal sockets...

RedBoot

Yeah, 5+ Robin is solid, though I'm not quite sure she reaches Enel heights since she doesn't also have his amazing special (not that hers is bad, it's actually quite good, just more situational). 2x PSY attack is still easy enough to achieve with Impact Usopp, though. Still, all three units are solid upgrades, so no complaints.

Well, besides the continuing complaint that Global hasn't gotten Story Robin skillbooks yet (outside of the Fakehats) and probably won't before we get 5+ Robin. :p

mileS

I've somehow gotten ten GP books out of it

Working on a third gp usopp with map and poison sockets. Only getting lock, despair, and heal sockets...

This is the complete opposite of me lol. Need GPU books, not a single one. Want auto heal sockets (on my only GPU) Only got poison/map/resilience. I gave up. I'll get my GPU books soon elsewhere. Usopp-un drops mostly fodder units for me. I didn't see a single CC either. Such a boring slog.

MiTYH

On vacation, so thank god for double drops/stamina. But with only one more day left for Breed... god help me. I don't want to gem for it, and shouldn't, considering the drop rate. But after literally playing on this for the entire week (two breaks for egg runs, but I got a stamina so it kind of evens out), and I'm only sitting at 16 copies.

RedBoot

LOL, Young Doffy batch for a few days starting on the 13th. I guess he's double-boosted thanks to the STR Up. I'm actually sitting on 7 extra Raid Doffys I got while farming YWB, might as well hold onto them and give it a single pull. Can't wait for my new Mr. 5!

(oh geez I just reminded myself that Cobymeppo+Baroque are still in Global's RR pool)

I honestly hate how they refuse to have secret characters during sugofests on Global. I made a mistake trying to pull for the secret Sabo when that came around and I'm not going to go down that road again. My only hope is that they do a sugofest with all the secret characters like they did once in Japan. At the rate they're shitting out batches on global, they're going to run out of ways to draw people into pulling.

Top Bottom