• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

EMT0

Banned
600 stam dropped not a single Croc book....its like the game wants to be dropped.

I'm in the same boat with WB books(same amount of stamina too), and I've got three different Legends' books I want to farm. I'm probably going to roll with WB books this week if only because the rates on his books are even worse and I want to chip away at him until the Halloween FNs roll back around. Then I'm farming away nonstop on those FNs no matter what else is out at the time.

Rixa

I was surprised that I got Challenge done with the party I went in :). I was planning to do as low cost as possible. It was my first fully cleared challenge.

Party:

- 70 Lvl 5* Cabbage as friend
- 88 Lvl Mihawk leader
- 78 Lvl +5* Zoro
- 99 Lvl Borsalino
- 41 Lvl 4* Law
- 5 Lvl 2* Luffy

Total cost 154 + Friend Cabbage

mileS

One of the best things about OPTC, and why I'll probably play for years unlike every other gacha game, is that you can pretty much skip whatever event you want, take a break whenever, and it doesn't matter because everything cycles back. It's very liberating.

Yup. And while the power creep in this game is getting crazy, most of the work you do will remain useful when you return. Even when I take long breaks I still enjoy the fact that I'll get a gem daily. I don't think I'll ever drop the game completely. Just need a break from time to time.

Breed is only here for 6 days so I need to make the most of it. On a tier list for Sengoku subs he is probably top 3 imo. If I don't farm him now there's a chance we may not see him again for a lonnng time. Correct me if I'm wrong but he's one of the fortnights that doesn't return as often as others. What I may do to save myself some pain is save his copies for a possible increase in global skill up rates.

In other news I got a total of 2 eggs since the event started :( mostly getting cola x2. I also had 1 tome and decided to yolo feed it on my TS Luffy who is only missing 1 more damage reduction socket. Was blown away to actually get it. He is all finished socket wise now. The odds of feeding 1 tome and getting the exact socket you need are insanely low.

MiTYH

After a day farming Breed (one break for the ranking stage), I am less than pleased at my 2 copies of the guy. Gonna be a tough week if I aim to max him...

Kyou

it's crazy that Whitebeard still only has one regular fortnight to get books in and it's total garbage

RedBoot

After a day farming Breed (one break for the ranking stage), I am less than pleased at my 2 copies of the guy. Gonna be a tough week if I aim to max him...

I spent the day doing double stamina Breed due to lack of time (due to both work and Persona 5) and have zero Breeds, but 6 SW Ace books. I only really need like a handful of Breeds, so I'm not too worried, but his drop rate is as bad as ever. I need lots of Ace books tho.

it's crazy that Whitebeard still only has one regular fortnight to get books in and it's total garbage

It's surprising how inconsistent legend books are (though some of that is just due to them changing things as the game goes on). WB and Ray have low rates in one of their FN, and their second sources are both holiday FNs. SW Shanks can only drop twice in his FN, and Ace can only drop once in Breed as far as I know. Both have their second source in a movie fortnight. Boa has a ludicrous drop rate in Domino, and we don't seem to be getting her second FN because Reasons. Everything else seems to follow the 3 potential drops in their FN standard.

So while legend books will always suck, if you have one of the later characters, be glad it's only terrible and not horrible. Or something.

Kyou

It's surprising how inconsistent legend books are (though some of that is just due to them changing things as the game goes on). WB and Ray have low rates in one of their FN, and their second sources are both holiday FNs. SW Shanks can only drop twice in his FN, and Ace can only drop once in Breed as far as I know. Both have their second source in a movie fortnight. Boa has a ludicrous drop rate in Domino, and we don't seem to be getting her second FN because Reasons. Everything else seems to follow the 3 potential drops in their FN standard.

So while legend books will always suck, if you have one of the later characters, be glad it's only terrible and not horrible. Or something.
Yeah I actually went through and checked and it seemed like every legend post Mihawk has two standard rotating levels you can get books in (until you get to more recent ones that will probably get their second in the future)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Kraken FN reporting in....1200 stamina so far, zero books. I'm in for a fun time :'(

Same here bro....just fro Croc books.

But i just did my first run today before work and got 2x Croc books...so i already have more after the whole day yesterday + with use of stones....lol.

Breed drops are as bad....the game really knows what you need from a stage and lowers the drop rate according to it -.-

RedBoot

Yeah I actually went through and checked and it seemed like every legend post Mihawk has two standard rotating levels you can get books in (until you get to more recent ones that will probably get their second in the future)

I suppose the one hope would be if Legend books eventually get a third fortnight each, which we're already seeing with a lot of RR books. In fact, I'm kind of surprised they didn't start doing that when we got WB 6+.

After World Pirates FN, every FN has either a new or rerun Legend book. Third FNs are probably inevitable, though we won't be getting that far in Global for quite a while.

Hana-Bi

I hope I can max my Boa somehow. She was my third legend I think and still no skill up on her and I even saved a dupe for her 6+ evo lol. I really hope we'll get those missing Kimono fns so that I can socket my Jimbei and get some books for Boa...

Kyou

I hope I can max my Boa somehow. She was my third legend I think and still no skill up on her and I even saved a dupe for her 6+ evo lol. I really hope we'll get those missing Kimono fns so that I can socket my Jimbei and get some books for Boa...
almost all the skill ups I got for Boa came from books from the Save Ace event

I think I've gotten like two from Domino ever

cw_sasuke

Looks like World Pirates FN is next.

PS. Is Marg the only unit that can drop Croc books ?

MiTYH

As much as I hate the droprate on Breed, it is REALLY nice getting that double drop. Currently only at 4, but I spent the morning on the restruant le crap. With drops at +2 instead of +1, I figured it was worth it

bobohoro

How important is Breed in a PH team? Seems like I could just run Lucci for his orb special and Zephyr for the 1.75 boost to an INT attacker instead. Not really in the mood to farm Breed when his drop rate is low and I don't need anything else from the FN.

Le Crap still doesn't feel worth the trouble. Getting 3 eggs per run if you're lucky is kinda okay, but I'd rather farm more Apoo. Might just grind the full half hour if it falls on a day with no coli/interesting raid to get Raid Sabo some levels and CC.

Next coli batch seems decent. Still need to farm Coli Smoker, although I'm unsure if I won't just socket my G-5 Smoker first. Brownbeard would be nice, depending on how easy he is to run I will already farm a few copies without 2x stamina. Jozu seems kinda underwhelming.

I was also seceretly hoping that we would skip World Pirates since I don't really need anything from it and Revolutionary Army FN has lots of stuff I want.

cw_sasuke

on global,yes
then we get mansherry's fortnight

Thanks..but i should have stated it more clearly. I meant on the Marg FN do the Books only drop from Marg or can other units drop them as well ? I think this is the first FN where i havent seen a Legend book drop besides of the boss drop treasure.

RedBoot

Thanks..but i should have stated it more clearly. I meant on the Marg FN do the Books only drop from Marg or can other units drop them as well ? I think this is the first FN where i havent seen a Legend book drop besides of the boss drop treasure.

Yeah, you can get up to 3 drops in one run if you're lucky. The two stages right before Marg can both drop a Croc book, but each have 2 possible spawn sets and only one can drop the Croc book, so you won't always get three chances at it. I can't remember which enemy exactly, but I think it's DEX units in each case. Maybe a DEX Giant Girl in one and a DEX Pistol Girl in the other?

I think I got roughly 60-70% of my Croc books from Marg herself, so that seems to be the most likely drop (makes sense since it's the only one guaranteed to show up).

ExVicis

I don't know about you guys but I'm having some real fucking bad luck with eggs on these Snails. I got 0 yesterday, just all cola and berri bags and today I only got one. Thankfully I got decent drops in Le Crap but seriously what the hell is the snail rate for these eggs?

bobohoro

I don't know about you guys but I'm having some real fucking bad luck with eggs on these Snails. I got 0 yesterday, just all cola and berri bags and today I only got one. Thankfully I got decent drops in Le Crap but seriously what the hell is the snail rate for these eggs?

I'm at 2/15 so yeah, not that amazing it seems.

EMT0

Banned
So, guys. I have a friend that plays another gacha game, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. They just got the first part of their one year anniversary event revealed and he was sharing the details. I went from

giphy.gif

to
8dd2108d5b2bb3cb68a0e154cb414429.370x227x34.gif

over his detailing of everything they got. I honestly think Bandai would rather shut down OPTC forever out of spite rather than give us even one tenth's equivalent of what they got. Like holy shit does it put our anniversary in perspective for just how weak it was...

dawid

Im missing the second evolver for Atmos -> water buffalo, and i can't find anything about what i need anywhere. Does anyone here know?

So, guys. I have a friend that plays another gacha game, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. They just got the first part of their one year anniversary event revealed and he was sharing the details. I went from

giphy.gif

to
8dd2108d5b2bb3cb68a0e154cb414429.370x227x34.gif

over his detailing of everything they got. I honestly think Bandai would rather shut down OPTC forever out of spite rather than give us even one tenth's equivalent of what they got. Like holy shit does it put our anniversary in perspective for just how weak it was...
It's pretty damn legit. I saved up premium currency for months and months in that game, struggling to do hard content without the having the pulls necessary. However, it was all worth it because I was able to do ten multi-pulls there and now I have a plethora of gamechanger top tier medals. Not to mention that they did a huge overhaul to the game's background systems, added multiplayer and gave away enough premium currency to do 2 multi-pulls.

Contrast that with OPTC where I was only able to do four multi-pulls with 1 Legend + a handful of useful golds. :/

Tidd

Don't worry they have to do this because the game is shit otherwise. :p

Kyou

Don't worry they have to do this because the game is shit otherwise. :p

It's interesting how much of an apple and oranges argument comparing different gacha games becomes when it seems like they should mostly be super similar.

Like I keep seeing Dokkan Battle give away gems like it's going out style, but then like 4/5ths of the characters in their character pool are just complete abject garbage. Say what you will about some of the silvers but almost all characters in Treasure Cruise have some level of usefulness.

It probably all balances out in the end more than it seems like it would

MiTYH

I firmly believe OPTC is one of the fairest gacha games out there. And I play... a lot (I think the closest to fairness would be FFRK).

OPTC, as far as I know, is the only game that gives out 1 gem per day, regardless. Every day, 700+ whatever days, they haven't missed one. That's amazing, to me, and well worth it alone. Story is lined up with the manga, with the occasional interruptions for mob fights, but whatever.

Mostly though, is the fairness in teams. In Dokkan for example, if you don't have a God lead or Gogeta, you're kind of screwed from some events (I have Vegito and Gogeta, and still can't beat some events). In OPTC though, there are just so.many.teams that work for things. Most raids make use of legends, true, but there are a lot that don't. My first Borsalino raid brought in Zeff. ZEFF, of all units, and he was clutch. I've since gotten stronger ones, but how many people still use Koza? Or some farmable like Alvida from the beginning of the game?

Do I wish OPTC would give more stuff? Sure, who doesnt. But I'd rather they keep content fair and approachable than make a huge power creep like other games have done.

Kakaroach

I always thought people knew that OPTC was a lot less generous than other games. It makes up for it by having mostly useful units and great F2P characters. I play Bleach Brave Souls and Dokkan and both of those games are so much more generous but a lot of rare pulls are pretty useless.

ExVicis

It's interesting how much of an apple and oranges argument comparing different gacha games becomes when it seems like they should mostly be super similar.

Like I keep seeing Dokkan Battle give away gems like it's going out style, but then like 4/5ths of the characters in their character pool are just complete abject garbage. Say what you will about some of the silvers but almost all characters in Treasure Cruise have some level of usefulness.

It probably all balances out in the end more than it seems like it would

All I know is prior to this I was playing Final Fantasy Brave Exvius. Now that's an abusive Gacha Game where Power-Creep was real. I remember having having a team of top-tier units that could kind of clear the content if I was smart and lucky. Eventually as more content released I found myself outclassed by both the newer stages and the new characters released. And then all the characters pulled were basically the 100th version of the same shitty character or a new character that completely sucks/has no place in any strategy because it's outclassed easily.

OPTC hasn't been nearly as bad, even if I'm not pulling top-tier stuff in OPTC at least it can be useful. Almost every new character I pulled in the OPTC Anni has a possible use or spot in a strategy. FFBE in comparison sucks at this aspect of the game.

I'm sure there will come the point where I get fed up but I'm enjoying OPTC probably way more than FFBE and that's doing it for me.

Caim

My biggest issue with OPTC is the skill book drop rate (especially for certain characters) and then the awful success rate on top of that, maybe it's just because I'm starting to feel alittle burnt out and I've been playing the game on and off since launch.

mileS

My biggest issue with OPTC is the skill book drop rate (especially for certain characters) and then the awful success rate on top of that, maybe it's just because I'm starting to feel alittle burnt out and I've been playing the game on and off since launch.
There's massive room for improvement here. Could be solved with a couple changes.

1)give us Jpn rates for skill ups
2)slightly higher % to drop legend books
3)1 skill up guaranteed per 5 or 10 books. Nobody should be 0/75 on a skill up event. Ever. I had that happen with Mihawk and now recently Doffy went 0/35. That doesn't make people want to farm more... That makes them want to quit playing forever.

Faynwulf

So I wrote in the last OP about what unit to get in the Sugo and life made me completely forget about the last one. So I'm trying to roll a legend in the next one.
Which one should I go for? Reading the subreddit most people say either Akainu/Sakazuki or Timeskip Luffy. Are those even available in the next Sugofest?

EMT0

Banned
So I wrote in the last OP about what unit to get in the Sugo and life made me completely forget about the last one. So I'm trying to roll a legend in the next one.
Which one should I go for? Reading the subreddit most people say either Akainu/Sakazuki or Timeskip Luffy. Are those even available in the next Sugofest?

All Legends become available during a Sugofest. As for good starting Legends, Luffy's super powerful but I wouldn't call him an easy start, per-se. Akainu on the other hand is very much pick up and go. Other good starting Legends that are easy to use early on are Sengoku, Legend Mihawk, Rayleigh, Cavendish, Blackbeard, and Borsalino.

Faynwulf

All Legends become available during a Sugofest. As for good starting Legends, Luffy's super powerful but I wouldn't call him an easy start, per-se. Akainu on the other hand is very much pick up and go. Other good starting Legends that are easy to use early on are Sengoku, Legend Mihawk, Rayleigh, Cavendish, Blackbeard, and Borsalino.

Thanks alot! I'll look for any of those. The next Sugofest is the one starting "today", right? The 48 hours buggy one?

MANUELF

Banned
I wouldnt Say Blackbeard is a good starter legend, he would need one unit of every class to Get his captain ability
Best starter Legends are Sengoku, Rayleigh and Cavendish without a doubt

EMT0

Banned
I wouldnt Say Blackbeard is a good starter legend, he would need one unit of every class to Get his captain ability
Best starter Legends are Sengoku, Rayleigh and Cavendish without a doubt

I used to think that too but then I did some thinking on it and realized huh...there's actually a go-to F2P team at the start of the game:

TPtr7CJ.png

Blackbeard can clear Ivankov easily, who needs zero special ups in order to be useful and pops up like mad every single month as a Raid. A few decent fortnights can quickly get you running something like this:

1GYfWmn.png

And from there, one copy of Doffy and a single run of the Buster Call can get you running a pretty strong-hitting team early on:

SPWyywO.png

I'd say starting with Blackbeard is a fairly easy start since you have endless HP and can use random units to get things done, while quickly teaching you how to properly play OPTC as you're forced to learn about classes, orb manipulation, and synergies in order to make the best use of your Legend due to a lack of dream team. Blackbeard won't hold your hand, but he'll be very, very safe and can do anything Raid Mihawk can do when you consider that they're both 30% HP cutters who don't have an easy go-to class booster(Mihawk due to a lack of F2P boosters aside from Brownbeard who's only just releasing, Blackbeard due to his teams largely being class-diverse except for the very late game) and rely on orb boosters. The difference is that Blackbeard is way, way safer due to his tank captain status. Plus the best part about Legend Blackbeard is that chances are, if you pull a new unit from Rare Recruit you can immediately think of some use or situation when you'd want to use them with a Blackbeard team. As a proof of concept, I used Gamewith's Sugofest simulator and got this:

L9jq3Nk.png

Hawkins - Striker sub, weak HP cutter, INT beatstick, defense reducer
SW Zoro - DEX Blackbeard team orb manipulation
Hotori and Kotori - ...orb shuffler? Eh, silvers are silvers
Secret Chopper - Orb manipulation, slightly more annoying to use due to not being a matching class but eh, he can still find space
Crocus - No Mansherry no problem
Diamante - A delayer! A great delayer!
Fukaboshi - Godly, godly unit. A delayer that also boosts himself and both Blackbeards? Yooo
Story Zoro - Eh, sockets are sockets
Timeskip Brook - Slasher unit that delays and boosts himself, potentially more units? Gooood
DEX Kaku - Can't hate on an orb shuffler that's also a Powerhouse unit and a Slasher
QCK Rayleigh - For those moments when you're running four QCK subs, behold! Your orb manipulator

The tl;dr here is that Blackbeard is super safe, perhaps not the easiest but very easy to use early on, and will make your time playing OPTC feel far more rewarding with every new unit you get...also writing this post pretty much settled it for me, if I ever start a new/JP account, I'm rolling Legend Blackbeard as a starting Legend, no question about it.

Kyou

buh, ate shit on two Boa runs. I really need to switch to a team that isn't "Whoops you missed a perfect you lose"

looking it up I can seemingly manage a Inthawk team okay

MANUELF

Banned
Japan keeps showing is the best version, now I can farm Shiki for my Driven team, too bad is a 60 stamina raid though, cant even do it twice with a gem

Only need to make a team to farm Enel, he still kicks my butt

Rixa

So, guys. I have a friend that plays another gacha game, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. They just got the first part of their one year anniversary event revealed and he was sharing the details.

I honestly think Bandai would rather shut down OPTC forever out of spite rather than give us even one tenth's equivalent of what they got. Like holy shit does it put our anniversary in perspective for just how weak it was...

I play global Brave Exvius and 1 year anniversary should be in few months (June / July). Kinda curious to see how Gumi handles this, I did read that JP 1ya was great but well its Gumi and Global so you never know what we get.

I still don't get why in the hell Turtle dungeons are so lame & poor. They should upgrade them, now they just take time and are definitely not worth of doing unless one has some push button team that instakills everything.

Also Double Stamina should be possible to do everywhere not just in few dungeons & special stages.

With those poor decisions (+ all the other crap, book droprates etc) they are doing really bad job.

Hana-Bi

Got 4 Corazon books from my four runs today. :) Got 25 books so far. All with natural stamina thanks to some meat snails last week. Max skilled and socket Yorki, max skilled Blue Gilly and Dellinger, got 79 Brook copies so far but still haven't maxed Laboon.

Got 4 Corazon books from my four runs today. :) Got 25 books so far. All with natural stamina thanks to some meat snails last week. Max skilled and socket Yorki, max skilled Blue Gilly and Dellinger, got 79 Brook copies so far but still haven't maxed Laboon.

HOOOOWWW??? I just assumed the drop rate for anything useful on this FN is horrid unless somehow I'm just really unlucky.

Right now I have 15 Corazon books, 16 Dellinger books, 31 Gilly books, and 42 Brook copies. Laboon is triple maxed and Yorki is socket maxed and needs something like 4 more skill ups.

Kyou

I only have like 4 Corazon books...

And on the topic of Boa again, I think I might actually sit her out this time. She's pretty usable at what I got her at and it might be a good idea to leave some 60 stamina raids for when(if????) they bring back ambush Whitebeard, especially since she's Psy.

mileS

umm wow. Boa is by far the most annoying raid I've done yet. This is my first time giving her a serious shot. I just don't have it in me to do this right now. Stage 3 and 4 killed me a few times. This raid really makes sure you hit all your perfects. One great at times is all it takes to die or get despair for 8 rounds.

Hana-Bi

HOOOOWWW??? I just assumed the drop rate for anything useful on this FN is horrid unless somehow I'm just really unlucky.

Right now I have 15 Corazon books, 16 Dellinger books, 31 Gilly books, and 42 Brook copies. Laboon is triple maxed and Yorki is socket maxed and needs something like 4 more skill ups.

Double Haruta helped a lot in this fn. And one meat snail gives me almost 8 more runs (I'm close to 240 stamina) so I got quite a few extra runs since I only run this fn all week.

Double Haruta helped a lot in this fn. And one meat snail gives me almost 8 more runs (I'm close to 240 stamina) so I got quite a few extra runs since I only run this fn all week.

I'm at around 230 stamina so I guess there wasn't too much of difference in the number of runs between us through stamina refills, although there were 2 days during the meat rate up event that I didn't get any refills. I guess it goes to show you the power of double Haruta.

I wanted to run double Haruta but all the teams I've seen run skill maxed raid Sabo and I'm still 5 levels off. I'm somewhat annoyed he hasn't had a return like you see in most new raids yet.

mileS

Ok I feel really stupid now. You stall for orbs on stage 1. Stage 2 killed me a few times. I can stall long enough to have Sunny's special up for stage 4.

Using
TS Luffy x2
Ivankov
SW Franky
Raid Aokiji
Apoo (dex not colo. His special changes all TND and RCV orbs to DEX which is all matching slots for TS Luffy teams)

I use Ivankov starting off, wait for Boa's haki. Then every special I have. Seems pretty easy now out of nowhere. It's just stages 2-4 that scare me the most.

Top Bottom