• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

ExVicis

Man the Anni ship while Mihawk was up was just all kinds of fun.

Anyways, so I'm going to be farming sockets for Inthawk and trying to get the last 3 skills on Inthawk.

Personally out of the two I tend to use Inthawk more. Part of that is because Legend Mihawk has more health and I like to run Shiryu teams. So because of that I lean towards getting damage reduction on him for that Team in general.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Part of that is because Legend Mihawk has more health and I like to run Shiryu teams. So because of that I lean towards getting damage reduction on him for that Team in general.

If you're running a Shiryu team, you don't need to INThawk in there. Shiryu teams have pitifully low burst, so you're not getting much out of INThawk's special. Really, INThawk just becomes a beatstick/HP slot, which can be filled with really any slasher because Shiryu just wants to slowly make his way to the boss by sheer virtue of the enormous health bar.

INThawk has so much use outside of Shiryu teams (and slasher teams in general), that I feel like it'd be a waste to socket him with that intent, personally.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So what's typical for Inthawk, orbs or cooldown?

Oh wait. It's 4 sockets. My bad. I'd say CD, personally. Even at MAX, his cooldown is pretty high. You really want to ensure max CD on teams with INThawk.

Orb isn't terrible though, considering that he's used on so many forest teams. But, it's probably not worth isolating him into that role.

EMT0

Banned
It only took me one gem to get 21 Mihawks thanks to 3 meats and a level up. TY game, for finally delivering THE MEATS

/Arbys

EMT0

Banned
The more CoC's the better

That's true. Not having Ambushes as a regular thing is super lame but this could indirectly be a good thing, if we go the optimistic approach on this one.

On Mihawk, whoops...I thought he had 5 sockets :s I'll be going Bind/Despair/Charge Special/Autoheal. I went until I ran out of Sengoku friends(Sengoku stumps speedrunning mudholes in Mihawk tbqh...) and got to 3/3/1/4, so I'm at 11/20 sockets done about two hours into farming with meh socketing luck. I imagine I won't be able to do too much more tonight and I'll have to wait until tomorrow morning to finish up Mihawk due to a limited number of Sengoku friends.

If you look in Global's Help section on Ambushes, it says they aren't held on a regular basis. :/ Probably only during Clash of Clashes.

Maybe that means we'll get more CoC's?

I generally dislike this idea. Japan had ambushes run for months at a time iirc. This would mean for global if you plan on maxing YWB then you shouldn't run raids outside of a CoC. Running raids with only the pursuit of farming YWB is a terrible idea from both a time and gem efficiency perspective.

Kyou

I get the feeling the idea with global was coming up with a way to get people spending gems on old raids they don't need to run anymore

EMT0

Banned
I generally dislike this idea. Japan had ambushes run for months at a time iirc. This would mean for global if you plan on maxing YWB then you shouldn't run raids outside of a CoC. Running raids with only the pursuit of farming YWB is a terrible idea from both a time and gem efficiency perspective.

I get the feeling the idea with global was coming up with a way to get people spending gems on old raids they don't need to run anymore

You guys both make good points there, I can already tell this is going to be a HUGE pain in the ass when Invasion Shanks drops. YWB I don't actually care about beyond farming for skulls, but Shanks is one of those units you want to get done ASAP :/

Rixa

Heh it took me 40 stamina to remember how to run Mihawk. Completely forgot where I can stall, cause last time I didn't need to stall :).

Who needs friend leader anyways:

Screenshot_20170331-090923.png

Making mistakes again, could clear it tho.

RedBoot

Yeah, I wonder how they'll handle Colo Ambushes. There's not really a CoC equivilent, other than maybe 50 stamina Colos, and we're nowhere near those. Probably just a straight-up "Shanks will appear for the next week" announcement.

Even if we got more CoCs or special Colo stuff, I still prefer the way JPN handled it. Ambushes really feel more like a long-term goal sort of thing, as opposed to "farm like crazy over these random periods."

Rixa

Cherry Blossom banner is trap right? I did read one comment in Reddit that those CBlossom units are mediocre. Are they?

Ten Mihawks
-2 lock sockets
-4 despair
-3 heal

What is this luck?!

I've gone through a stamina bar and a half trying to get the final despair socket I never got on Mihawk lol..

So far:

- 2 resilience
- 2 orb boost
- 1 defence socket up
- 1 poison defence up

Just need an environmental resist socket and I've had everything but the socket I need.

/edit

as usual, complaining worked. >:3c

Got that final despair socket on inthawk I never finished.

MiTYH

Oh boy, Mihawk is back! I don't need him, but I'm always happy to see more fully socketed INTHawk friends!

For me, my day is simple: I'm going to run lobster cave until I get a blue one, then evolve Doma, and put my team in hopefully good shape to finally beat Apoo coliseum regularly. That will be my weekend, because screw Corazon and his non-existent book drops

EDIT: Learn from my mistakes and farm during double drop time!
1st run, no blue lobsters at all
2nd run, stage with 2 of them, no drops (but got rainbow crab, and 2 more from bonus drops, so 3 total)
3rd run, one showed up but didn't drop. Final stage had 2, neither dropped
4th run: Finally got it to drop! Got a duplicate bonus as well, so that's a nice surprise.

EDIT2: Doma's evolved, used all my saved pigs/elders and got him to a respectable level 71. Apoo, here I come!

EMT0

Banned
10 Mihawks later, I'm at 5/3/2/5 but have to stop for about 3 hours or so in order to let my stamina refill and get a level up. Sucks, but it beats wasting a gem due to impatience. 3 more gems should get me ~16 more Mihawks when accounting for that level up, if I'm lucky that'll be enough to max Mihawk's sockets.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I feel like something that's really undervalued with INThawk is just how good his special is. It is one of the best specials in the game hands down in overall utility. It is beyond phenomenal, and it accomplishes things that no other special does (aside from arguably Elizabello after 35 turns of stall).

- AOE burst for clearing reviving bosses
- Stage clearer
- Boss and mob softening damage for high density forest stages

There's so much unique functionality, and he can be thrown on any rainbow team as a sub to great effect. Some forests and raids are notably harder without him, and he allows the player to get a bit creative about their burst timings.

Came to say this. Any time a boss revives, I wish I had him for these reasons.

ExVicis

So I forgot how much I love the x2 Skill Up. YOLO feeding Mihawk copies to get those last 3 levels has been going disgustingly poor. I was really hoping 15 would be enough to get it so I could move onto getting IntHawk all his slots but nope.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So I forgot how much I love the x2 Skill Up. YOLO feeding Mihawk copies to get those last 3 levels has been going disgustingly poor. I was really hoping 15 would be enough to get it so I could move onto getting IntHawk all his slots but nope.
20 turns (18 with L2 CD) is still usable.

Rather than Yolo feeding, I'd probably save 10 copies for skill up and use the rest on socketing inthawk.

ExVicis

20 turns (18 with L2 CD) is still usable.

Rather than Yolo feeding, I'd probably save 10 copies for skill up and use the rest on socketing inthawk.

Well since that post I actually got him down to 18. So I think I'm going to do exactly what you said and switch to socketing, the goal was mostly to get Mihawk under 20 turns.

Edit: Farming Mihawk also is frustrating when I keep entering with the wrong team over and over. Game needs a 1 turn mulligan where you can get back Stamina if you back out on turn 1.

Kyou

35 Mihawks later:

3 lock, 5 despair, 2 cd, 5 heal

The last batch of 5 got me nothing so I think I'm good for this clash. Gotta save gems.

EMT0

Banned
10 Mihawks later, I'm at 5/3/2/5 but have to stop for about 3 hours or so in order to let my stamina refill and get a level up. Sucks, but it beats wasting a gem due to impatience. 3 more gems should get me ~16 more Mihawks when accounting for that level up, if I'm lucky that'll be enough to max Mihawk's sockets.

ycdsvNl.png

And done. I actually called it correctly lol; the first five dupes I fed gave me nothing at all, but the next three gave me 2 Despair sockets. Then the next 3 I fed gave me 2 Charge Special sockets, and I used a spare socket book I had in order to finish him up. So finishing Mihawk's sockets ultimately cost me <10 gems, IIRC 8 gems. Feels good, man. Getting him done makes me want to socket another Doffy though, as my current one that has Bind/Despair isn't particularly good for clearing forests since he lacks Autoheal. I'll probably make a note of slowly farming this second Doffy using natural stamina, as I'm currently in no rush to get another one done. I'm really looking forward to farming this guy's books, though.

10 days left for the Rumbar FN and I've already maxed Young Laboon. Now when I curse him for showing up on the last stage, I can really mean it.

Kyou

Hooray Rocketman!

Boy this is tedious to upgrade. I failed the 1 cola upgrade like 6 times.

edit: 308 cola. Woof.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Rocketman bought and maxed with 420 Colas. Over 15 failures on the final level up - lol.

Time for more Powerhouse action - now we only need NM Luffy and Pica Raids to finally happen arrive.

As f2p this will my last mayor purchase from the Ray Shop for a loooong time.

I think I got lucky and maxed it with 141 cola. Not that it matters since I have 675 cola left with every possible ship fully upgraded. If only I had some sort of ship that would be useful for driven teams that I could invest my cola in, IF ONLY BANDAI.

cw_sasuke

Finally being able to stall with the PH squad - very nice. Now i only need to max Raid Kuma and Pica/NM Luffy to get AH maxed.

RalchAC

Hi, guys! It's been a while since I last posted, I've been debating whether if I should drop the game or not and I finally decided to do so.

This time I don't think I'll ever come back to the game. And, if I did, I think I'd rather play the JP version. I think I've already discussed how many decisions Bamco has made that I didn't like, and... well, I've come to terms with the fact that I don't think the game is worth my time anymore.

Wanted to ask if somebody is interested in my account. It'd be a shame if it was lost. I have 6 Legends (Log Luffy, Sabo, Jinbei, Sengoku, Barto and INThawk), some RR that people really want (including 3D2Y Zoro, so I guess I have the 2 most important units for Slasher teams) and a bunch of raid bosses maxed (Mihawk, MC, Garp, Zephyr, Doflamingo, BB at 17, Aokiji, Heracles'n at 11, Enel at 26, Tesoro, Duval, Kuma 21...) and I dunno if something more.

I'm a bit behind in terms of Colisseums and I haven't really tried the newest 60 stamina raid bosses. But with my box and a bit more interest than what I had somebody could get a kick ass account in no time.

I'd rather give the account to a regular, rather than to a person that drops here once in a blue moon. So yeah, I'll probably not give it to anyone unless I can recognise their GAF ID xD. With that in mind, feel free to PM me if you have any interest.

Edit: Oh, and I have enough Ray points for the Rocketman.

cw_sasuke

That sucks to hear Ralch...but it seems to be the best decision for now - just no point in playing if it feels like wasting your time. Still sad to see another OG player to leave (for now).

The grind in this game can be massive...standard leveling, max skilling and sockets are already alot of work...but now that they are introducing skulls and rare invades, with even stronger bosses and more farming resolved ( upcoming Shanks)....i really wonder how the future will look for the game.

At least you still can play at your own pace and try to clear/farm older content before moving up...but the game is designed in a way that its really difficult to close that gap if you missed out a longer period or started later unless you iAP or play for very long stretches.

Its funny how thirsty we were for Legends the whole time...and now that we got them, all the effort to make those teams works is kinda killing the enjoyment. Well okay its not all bad...stuff like double stamina for returning Colo/FN is a step in the right direction.

As a OP fan i will stick around for as long as possible..but i wont catch up to the "current" meta anytime possible...its just too much work.

I know you want a clean break, but if you decide otherwise you could just stand-by the game and login daily for how long it takes you to get interested again.

RalchAC

That sucks to hear Ralch...but it seems to be the best decision for now - just no point in playing if it feels like wasting your time. Still sad to see another OG player to leave (for now).

The grind in this game can be massive...standard leveling, max skilling and sockets are already alot of work...but now that they are introducing skulls and rare invades, with even stronger bosses and more farming resolved ( upcoming Shanks)....i really wonder how the future will look for the game.

At least you still can play at your own pace and try to clear/farm older content before moving up...but the game is designed in a way that its really difficult to close that gap if you missed out a longer period or started later unless you iAP or play for very long stretches.

Its funny how thirsty we were for Legends the whole time...and now that we got them, all the effort to make those teams works is kinda killing the enjoyment. Well okay its not all bad...stuff like double stamina for returning Colo/FN is a step in the right direction.

As a OP fan i will stick around for as long as possible..but i wont catch up to the "current" meta anytime possible...its just too much work.

I know you want a clean break, but if you decide otherwise you could just stand-by the game and login daily for how long it takes you to get interested again.

The game really is trying to go all out in order to recicle content. There were skill ups, after skill ups we got sockets, Legend versions of raid bosses, Invasions, superevolutions and other stuff. And while I think that Japan has made enough QoL changes in order to lower the more initial curve, especially for players that are neither hardcore nor casuals, some of those are either not arriving, arriving too late, or arriving with changes that make it worse than it is in Japan.

If I ever go back to the game, I think I'll just play the Japanese version, honestly. I'm well versed enough in the game to understand most stuff, but right now I don't have the energy to start from the very beginning. That might be one of the reasons why I want to gift my account, so it doesn't hold me back if I want to play the better version.

MiTYH

156 Cola to max rocketman. Time to dust off LegendLucci and 3d2y sanji and start finishing some forests!

bobohoro

Quite a shame, but totally understandable Ralch. Hope your account finds a worthy successor.

Maxed the Rocket Man with 247 cola, all went well until the final upgrade, which failed about 8 times. Oh well. Just need to grind Raid Sabo, get some skill-ups on INTvankov and I should be set for most forests actually, between Corazon, Rocket Man and 3D2Y Sanji.

Still have around 500 cola left. Unsure what to go for next, probably Moby Dick or Thousand Sunny, although Ace Striker is interesting as well for speed Shooter team, which would be ready after farming Apoo some more.

cw_sasuke

The game really is trying to go all out in order to recicle content. There were skill ups, after skill ups we got sockets, Legend versions of raid bosses, Invasions, superevolutions and other stuff. And while I think that Japan has made enough QoL changes in order to lower the more initial curve, especially for players that are neither hardcore nor casuals, some of those are either not arriving, arriving too late, or arriving with changes that make it worse than it is in Japan.

If I ever go back to the game, I think I'll just play the Japanese version, honestly. I'm well versed enough in the game to understand most stuff, but right now I don't have the energy to start from the very beginning. That might be one of the reasons why I want to gift my account, so it doesn't hold me back if I want to play the better version.

Honestly...this makes total sense -get rid of you acc and start completely fresh at some point down the line if you wanna give it another shot. I still think the early game in OPTC is pretty great...only when you wanna leave midgame and enter the high end stuff the farming and time commitment can become crazy.

I expected something like this to happen, thats why the 2Y Anni Event pissed me off...if they had given Global the Anni ship while having Boa, Enel, Doffy and Aokiji up...and as an extra Sabo like in Japan - pretty sure players like you wouldnt have quitted. So pulling Legends during the Sugo is nice...but when you think of how much you have to run to max skill and Socket them.....2Y Anni was really the perfect time for Bamco to reward their Day 1 players - instead we got Mihawk, MC and co. :-/

At least all the work you put into that account isnt wasted and someone else will be able to start out or maintain a great account :)

I'm not sure how much I'm going to bother with the Imposter Strawhats. It's kinda funny that the Rocket Man comes out the same day since the Imposter Strawhats one saving grace was that they could be used a zombie captain. And then here comes along the Rocket man that does the same thing but with less restrictive crew requirements. Evolved they can make a ghetto Heracles for Driven teams that they don't really need. I guess this raid is really just a glorified turtle time.

cw_sasuke

What does the standard Zombie Team for Training Forests look like ? Sadly i didnt manage to get Raid Sabo but i have Elizabeth and Shiryu....

MANUELF

Banned
What does the standard Zombie Team for Training Forests look like ? Sadly i didnt manage to get Raid Sabo but i have Elizabeth and Shiryu....
Corazon, FN Brook, Raid Sabo, Elizabello, Raid Mihawk and GPU I believe is the most used alongside the Rocketman

RedBoot

Ha, forgot the FakeHats were tonight and just spent most of my stamina on Rumbar. Oh well.

Maxed the Rocketman with ~140 cola or so. I seem to have good luck with ships...well, except the Big Top. But that's intentional.

EMT0

Banned
Hi, guys! It's been a while since I last posted, I've been debating whether if I should drop the game or not and I finally decided to do so.

This time I don't think I'll ever come back to the game. And, if I did, I think I'd rather play the JP version. I think I've already discussed how many decisions Bamco has made that I didn't like, and... well, I've come to terms with the fact that I don't think the game is worth my time anymore.

Wanted to ask if somebody is interested in my account. It'd be a shame if it was lost. I have 6 Legends (Log Luffy, Sabo, Jinbei, Sengoku, Barto and INThawk), some RR that people really want (including 3D2Y Zoro, so I guess I have the 2 most important units for Slasher teams) and a bunch of raid bosses maxed (Mihawk, MC, Garp, Zephyr, Doflamingo, BB at 17, Aokiji, Heracles'n at 11, Enel at 26, Tesoro, Duval, Kuma 21...) and I dunno if something more.

I'm a bit behind in terms of Colisseums and I haven't really tried the newest 60 stamina raid bosses. But with my box and a bit more interest than what I had somebody could get a kick ass account in no time.

I'd rather give the account to a regular, rather than to a person that drops here once in a blue moon. So yeah, I'll probably not give it to anyone unless I can recognise their GAF ID xD. With that in mind, feel free to PM me if you have any interest.

Edit: Oh, and I have enough Ray points for the Rocketman.

I'm really sad to see you go, you were one the most encouraging guys when I first started out :(

Can't say I blame you though, recent decisions on Global have really made me question why I went as in as I did during the 2 Year Anniversary. If I wasn't already so committed to this account I'd be tempted to consider JP also. Only thing stopping me, super whaled account aside, is the safety of playing it in a language that I understand. If things don't shape up though, I could see myself jumping ship for a particularly amazing JP account...

RedBoot

Looks like Global Imposter Straw Hats has less skillbooks than JPN did (as long as we're on the subject of Global getting less stuff than Japan). Still has the Story Robin books, but much like Foxy in the Save Ace event, it's going to be rough to try and max her solely through this.

The reshuffling of content for Global does bother me, especially when it gets to the more ridiculous levels (Nightmare Luffy). Ultimately Bandai had to choose between Global being exactly ~6 months behind JPN, or picking and choosing which content to bring earlier or later. I can't really blame them for choosing the latter (and getting some QoL stuff early has been great), but they don't always handle it as well as they could.

Top Bottom