• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

EMT0

Banned
I'm actually really enjoying the Impostor Straw Hats raid. Easy factor aside, it's generous dropping of loot, and most importantly, raid skillup books, makes running it feel far more rewarding than actual raid bosses that I know are more useful than the Impostor Straw Hats as units. Thanks to a stamina refill, I have a good shot of getting those ~35 books I need to max his special without using a single gem.

I wish we had more content that felt this rewarding instead of most raids feeling like 'Fuck You's.

EDIT: A second stamina refill. I am so getting those 35 skillbooks

Kyou

I'm running double Baccarat with Legend Doffy/Marco/Lucci, 3D2Y sanji and the Rocketman

it's definite overkill but it's fast enough

EMT0

Banned
I end today at 27 books and the Impostor Straw Hats' sockets maxed. I'll farm this raid some more tomorrow to get to 35 using natural stamina because why not, I'm really enjoying boosting up my units off of this.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
fake strawhats are worth as much exp as a teen turtle. it's great for exp, candy, and random SH skillbooks.

EMT0

Banned
Thanks to a level up, I actually got Fakehats' special maxed due to the sheer number of books lol. I got 3 SW Usopp books too, which will hopefully get me the final skillup on him next time a special up event rolls around.

But best of all, sooo many pigs. I need DEX/PSY/INT turtles to come around again badly.

Majukun

maxed and socketed the fake strawhats :p
don't know exactly why though.. but maybe they'll be useful someday, either as a zombie captain or as orb manipulator in a driven team

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Busy weekend - so i just cleared Imposter for the stones. Hope i wont regret it.

Edit:

Man they really put Breed, Kraken, Secret Garden and Boa Raid all in one week...damn.

mileS

Busy weekend - so i just cleared Imposter for the stones. Hope i wont regret it.

Edit:

Man they really put Breed, Kraken, Secret Garden and Boa Raid all in one week...damn.
They do this a lot lately it seems. I'll be curious to see how easy Boa will be with TS Luffy. She is my most wanted unit outside of TS Brook. Maybe I should look at Blackbeard teams as well. Wonder if if that's even an option with my GPU not maxed.

Majukun

can't decide if it's better to use those colo capone copies to socket the qck version or to skillup and socket colo capone..
is the INT version used a lot in the japanese version?
I have robin int and jabra story as int boosters

Tidd

The current fortnight is terrible.
I've never used Dellinger (will probably never do because there's Pica who does the same thing with a 20% health cut (if we get him)) or Blue Gilly (and even then his CD is so low you don't even need any skill ups). And that's it.
I don't even care about my Apoo or Capone sockets. It doesn't really help that the only two teams I used in the last few weeks are SW Ace or Fujitora. I can't use my Legend Croc team because I'm missing 3D2Y Robin. (and you need her for harder content) Want to use Inthawk? Nope, no 3D2Y Zoro. Wish there would be a supticket like in Granblue where you can choose one character if you spent money for a multipull.

Yeah, I don't enjoy OPTC right now. Hope this will change soon otherwise I quit like Ralch. :(
Partially I also blame Zelda, NieR Automata and probably Persona 5 for my lack of interest in OPTC. The last game I really enjoyed before these was Bloodborne. Which was two years ago...Guess how old OPTC is? Hmm, I guess it's just a coincidence. And now I got 3 great games within 2 months.

can't decide if it's better to use those colo capone copies to socket the qck version or to skillup and socket colo capone..

I haven't really seen Colo Capone used in any content apart from the Oliva FN but I'm sure this had more to do with the fact that Japan didn't have Fujitora available when that FN first rolled around.

As a booster, I'm not too sure how much use he has. I'd personally rather use a 1.75x type booster and then a 1.75 - 2x class booster another turn than getting locked into a 1.5x boost for three turns. We'll eventually get Halloween Rebecca too which is a 1.75x INT booster on her own. And when we have strong INT leads like Fuji and Jimbe, I tend to think one to two turn burst damage is more effective and fits the meta better.

EMT0

Banned

He has a theoretical niche due to being a Shooter if you have Legend Blackbeard. But for the life of me I can't think of any content to date where you couldn't slot in Robin or Jabra as your Fighter since that class tends to be weaker than others and thus is rarely the limitation on your clearing capabilities outside of say, Legend Marco's heal. The hardest PSY Raid in the game, Hancock, can be cleared using a team like this, for example, and Legend Kuzan is there just to fulfill class conditions. You could replace him with Baby 5, Raid Magellan, or ideally Colo Arlong who would let you clear the raid faster:

bSIihyt.png

RedBoot

Yeah, I'm not bothering with Colo Capone beyond the copy I got on my initial clear. I think his captain ability has some potential, but it's more of the "if you have nothing better" potential.

I'm actually enjoying the Rumbar fortnight, if only to get Human Brook skill-maxed and to get Story Brook books (on the hope that his 5+ is solid). Nice to just run a FN at a relaxed pace for a while.

I'm guessing that we'll see Return to Saobody story mode this month alongside the second TS Strawhat sugo, if only to get the rest of the New World starter stuff out of the way. Maybe Sanji/Usopp/Chopper 5+'s if we're lucky.

Kyou

I'm kind of expecting the next legend to be Buggy to go along with his ship, with Zoro in the back half of the month(and yeah, probably along with Sabaody)

I wonder if stuff's going to slow down soon-ish given how close we're getting to Japan

bjork

I wish there were an option to turn off conversations and effect screens after you've seen them the first time, like special animations. If you took all that out of the fake SH runs, you could probably do it in 2/3 the time it takes normally.

Today was the first time in awhile I sat down and really played a ton of this. I got the fake SHs max skilled and socketed, but man that last skill up just did not want to happen. It took like 18 books or something. But all the extra XP helped level some guys I'd been neglecting, so it wasn't a total wash.

I can't be the only one who likes the quiet moments in this game when there's not tons of content I -need- to farm at once, right?

Like weeks like these when there's just not a lot that I need to focus on feel like a nice zen-like break from the ridiculous minmaxing-shenanigans I get up to like during anni.

Kyou

I can't be the only one who likes the quiet moments in this game when there's not tons of content I -need- to farm at once, right?

Like weeks like these when there's just not a lot that I need to focus on feel like a nice zen-like break from the ridiculous minmaxing-shenanigans I get up to like during anni.

I'm enjoying the relative quite. It's helped my sanity a lot to just say fuck it to Rumbar books. I'll farm them at 2x whenever they come back if I need to. I'm not bothering with Capone either.

just taking it easy and not spending stones. As far as upcoming stuff goes I'll probably gem for a few Hancocks because I'm close to maxing her and I'm probably just either going to natural stamina or skip Akainu.

Hana-Bi

Running a 3d2y Sanji team with the Rocketman is so much fun. Over 40k health with over 3k heal per turn is amazing. :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I'm with you there. Nothing I need to farm last week so I just use my stamina and then do other things. I'll have to farm croc books starting tomorrow though.

MANUELF

Banned
I prefere to farm a fortnight when it returns and can be play with 2x rewards like Im doing with the Pekoms fortnight in Japan

RedBoot

just taking it easy and not spending stones. As far as upcoming stuff goes I'll probably gem for a few Hancocks because I'm close to maxing her and I'm probably just either going to natural stamina or skip Akainu.

Oh, that reminds me, now that I have Kuma maxed I can probably run a Croc team on Hancock with the Moby Dick. Fast team goes to super-fast team! I only need like 10-15 more Hancocks, but it'll be nice either way.

Kyou

Oh, that reminds me, now that I have Kuma maxed I can probably run a Croc team on Hancock with the Moby Dick. Fast team goes to super-fast team! I only need like 10-15 more Hancocks, but it'll be nice either way.

I don't remember what I did for Hancock, but I definitely think I have more options now than I did pre-anniversary. Maxed Kuma, Inthawk... others I guess.

I think I'm only 4 levels off so I just want to get 20 and walk away. Going to be weird farming her without a skill up going.

edit: Looking it up I used Rayleigh x 2, Kid, Aokiji, Colo Smoker and Kuma. Hooray not having to stall as long for Kuma this time!

RedBoot

Buggy sugo next. Easy skip for me...

Yeah, just going to do my usual single pull. Wouldn't mind actually getting one of the Blackbeard units.

Just to note: from our understanding of how sugo pulls work, that "10x rate boost" on Buggy isn't quite as amazing as it might sound. The rate of pulling a legend remains the same as any sugo (double the chance is the wording you want there, like during the anni sugo). But if you do happen to pull a legend, the rate of it being Buggy is 10x higher.

cw_sasuke

Like me some Buggy - but i dont have many stones and i would rather use them on the Legend Zoro Sugo or to farm some Boa.

Rixa

Got 2 Easter RCV's from 5 Snails. I guess its better than nothing. Been feeding them to TTurtle and those Turtles to Colo Avilda.

Cause those Easter candies are 30k exp each, will use them to level Avilda too.

All Easter Power Up would be 65k exp each.

Majukun

I would love a chance to get shiliew, but I have already all the cp9 units and doc q from the blackbeard one, so it's too much of a risk to pull, counting that there are some batches where I basically have no one.

cw_sasuke

Okay that Big Top Easter ship is pretty great - nearly 9k exp from a 30 stam FN.
Will make farming those returning FNs via double stamina runs even better.

Perfect for people who plan to stone for WB,Ace or Croc books.

MiTYH

So far after a week of (almost) exclusively farming Rumbar FN, I have.... 2 Corazon books. Out.Freaking.Rageous.
(EDIT: Wooo, got 3)

Breed tonight though, that's where I'll be for the next week. Need to get that suckers maxed out for my Sengoku team.

And Buggy sugo? One and done pull for me

mileS

I'm just here saying that I will take an official OPTC break! Blame Persona 5. :3
I'm slowing down as well. If I can kill Boa with TS Luffy easily I will force myself to farm her but besides that, new Diablo 3 season and Persona 5 are taking all my time.

EMT0

Banned
I'm just here saying that I will take an official OPTC break! Blame Persona 5. :3

I'm going to be in a similar situation once I finish with the projects that are due this week, although break for me just means I only waste my daily stamina and call it a day.

Kyou

Zeff + 5+Luffy + Rando low cost units + like a half dozen misses, and tons of goods and greats = handedly beating the ranking on the first try??? Okay whatever.

Who's a good use for damage reduction? I don't think I really have that on anyone yet.

Hana-Bi

Zeff + 5+Luffy + Rando low cost units + like a half dozen misses, and tons of goods and greats = handedly beating the ranking on the first try??? Okay whatever.

Who's a good use for damage reduction? I don't think I really have that on anyone yet.

You can put damage reduction on units you'll probably use primarily for forest runs or units for teams with heal per turn. Elizabello, 3d2y Sanji, Jabra are my units with damage reduction sockets.

Throw me in with the Taking a Break crowd. I've lost motivation for the grind, recently. Since the Rumbar Pirates FN hit, the only time I played was using ~180 STA on the Fake Strawhats. I haven't even run the Rumbar Pirates a single time, just been logging in for the daily stone and closing the app.

I suppose I should try to get one of each RP character and do the Chaos Col this weekend, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I think I'd rather continue my Zero Escape marathon, instead.

MiTYH

Damn, lot to do now! Thankfully (?) I don't have any of the legends in the returning FN, only Corazon who has a grand total of 4 books saved right now.

I'm farming Breed until I get enough copies to hopefully max him, but that shanks FN is tempting to get more sockets on my SW Shanks. And the amazon one, I think I skipped it a fair amount last time too, I think Lucci's FN was here and I needed sockets. So that's sad, we'll see if I get time to get any units there. But Breed is Life right now, and using rocketman with Legend Lucci team is fun!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Throw me in with the Taking a Break crowd. I've lost motivation for the grind, recently. Since the Rumbar Pirates FN hit, the only time I played was using ~180 STA on the Fake Strawhats. I haven't even run the Rumbar Pirates a single time, just been logging in for the daily stone and closing the app.

I suppose I should try to get one of each RP character and do the Chaos Col this weekend, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I think I'd rather continue my Zero Escape marathon, instead.

One of the best things about OPTC, and why I'll probably play for years unlike every other gacha game, is that you can pretty much skip whatever event you want, take a break whenever, and it doesn't matter because everything cycles back. It's very liberating.

cw_sasuke

600 stam dropped not a single Croc book....its like the game wants to be dropped.

Top Bottom