• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT5| DARKNESS! NO MONEY! (or Break the Rules! Mix the Bags!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey looks like I won't have a partial monopoly on those wings anymore >.>

EDIT: also, what is the wall of shame for last thread

Looks like the same goes for those pearl gold clip thingies.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189991667&postcount=59

A new OT? Awesome.

giphy.gif

Also: Hall of Fame/Shame from OT4

It's an honor to be nominated among such hopelessly addicted AFOLs. The addiction is strong in them.

JLuY7Xl.jpg

Not sure if anyone else uses them, but IKEA Lack shelves are perfect for modulars. I installed a second one today and took a quick shot of my modular collection. I've got room for my MOC, Brick Bank, and one more now.

Suggestion: the Palace Cinema looks rather cramped in there. Get two 16x32 baseplates and put them on either side of it, and tile them to look like streets. Then you have room for the Mystery Machine there too.

PhoncipleBone, does that set have any of the sloped cracked orange pieces with black texture on them, as on the chariot?

My thoughts on Angry Bird theme.

Overall I think LEGO did a fantastic job in the set designs based on the theme and source material. These are not sets that fall into my must get list, but I certainly appreciate the design work. I can understand people not liking the sets because they don't like the movie designs or just don't like the theme that it's based. I personally like the design changes they made to adapt to the movie and keep the general look of the game. At first, I wasn't too keen on the adapted character designs for the movie, but they grew on me.
I think these sets have a lot of playability for the target audience, especially the castle.

This short Christmas clip, Season's Greetings from the Hatchlings!, helped sell me that the movie and bird designs can be very marketable to kids.

I'm a sucker for minifigs of all types. I want all of the Angry Birds minifigs as these will most likely be a one and done deal. If against odds, the movie is a smash hit, we may see a 2nd wave for the sequel. I believe these minifigs love or hate will find a certain appeal in the future for LEGO collectors. A little like Fabuland minifigs. Not great by today's standards, but will have a strange nostalgic odd appeal someday.

These sets capture the designs well based on the trailer, The Angry Birds Movie trailer .
75825 The Pig's Pirate Ship
75823 Egg Theft from Bird Island

As I said, these sets aren't on my to get list, but on a good sale I will grab these sets. The color palette in the large sets have a lot of reusable colors (light bley and reddish-brown in the castle and boat sets respectively).

There are some nice new colors of parts I think will be useful.
There's a yellow and purple of the Dome 2X2, Inverted W. One Stud which are new colors for that part.
6050914.jpg

This part makes for a much better balloon (with 1 2x2 Dome Top round bricks) instead of the two 2X2 Dome Top round bricks.

I don't know about others, but I do want a lot of the the new egg part. I'd like to see what people can do with that in MOCs.

I love how this part in red gives the feel of the slingshot in the castle set even though it is really a catapult. Brilliant idea and NPU.
Lt Steering Gear
4141300.jpg

The center tower with the spiral slide is cool. Egg rolls down the spiral slide into a net then into a large black "bowl". What part is that black bowl? It almost looks like the planet part from the Star Wars planet sets.

I can't make out that trans clear part with the gold goblet in the castle. It looks like it could be a Cylinder Half 2 x 4 x 5 with 1 x 2 Cutout, but bottom doesn't look quite right for that part.

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Rovio and I do not profit from any sales of The Angry Bird merchandise. :)

Vyer

I'd kinda cut back this last year but some Christmas shopping with my son brought me into the LEGO Store today, where I realized I have $65 in VIP points saved.

They do expire at some point, correct?

Hmm, what to get.....

Ryuuroden

Looks like the same goes for those pearl gold clip thingies.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=189991667&postcount=59

It's an honor to be nominated among such hopelessly addicted AFOLs. The addiction is strong in them.

Oh thank god the clip things will be cheap and easy to get and soon. I was about to resort to painting a bunch cause I was out and there's like none left online. I needed 50 more. I'll just buy a bunch of that mixel when it comes out.

JLuY7Xl.jpg

Not sure if anyone else uses them, but IKEA Lack shelves are perfect for modulars. I installed a second one today and took a quick shot of my modular collection. I've got room for my MOC, Brick Bank, and one more now.

Getting an Extension done on my house next year and I will have a study, looks great idea and they fit so well thanks!

Just need Modulars now!

teeny

I saw the Force Awakens last night.

I want ALL those sets.

It's funny how everyone (including me!) keep saying this :p

I really want Kylo's shuttle but I'm a bit annoyed it is not entirely movie accurate (though JANG's mod looked awesome). I'm probably going to wait for a redesign but I'm finding it very hard to resist temptation! I think the minifigure head is just pure black, is that true? If so, I'll probably get the Takodana set and wait for a revision.

I also really want the Falcon ... and the First Order Tie... and and and....

Skele7on

Banned
Hey all!

So I am new here, I Blame star wars it brought me to the dark side.

Well that and the fact that my partner is currently working with Lego so I have some Crazy discount.

So far I have purchased

Poes X-Wing
Item: 75102

Slave I
Item: 75060

Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle
Item: 75104

First Order Special Forces TIE fighter
Item: 75101

Millennium Falcon
Item: 75105

Red Five X-wing Starfighter
Item: 10240

TIE Fighter
Item: 75095

teeny

Hey all!

Well that and the fact that my partner is currently working with Lego so I have some Crazy discount.

So far I have purchased

Poes X-Wing

Slave I

Millennium Falcon

TIE Fighter

Blimey, nice haul! Slightly envious :p Welcome to the dark side :)

Did you get all of that in one hit and are you yet to start building?

Hey all!

So far I have purchased

Poes X-Wing

Slave I

Millennium Falcon

TIE Fighter

Welcome! And two Red Five Sex Wings? Nice.

Skele7on

Banned
Blimey, nice haul! Slightly envious :p Welcome to the dark side :)

Did you get all of that in one hit and are you yet to start building?

Well she's only working for a limited time and the discount was pretty crazy so decided to jump in pretty heavy, I still need to get a display cabinet.

I am going to start with Poe's X-Wing and work my way from there, my last one will probably be slave-1 as that looks incredible! Unfortunately due to Christmas my millennium falcon won't actually arrive until Jan, but I have more than enough to get on with until then.

Welcome! And two Red Five Sex Wings? Nice.

Yeah one for a little bit will remained boxed as it may become a gift, but I had a big look at the detail on it and it was incredible so really needed a second just because.

Have you guys got any tips or any Star Wars related sets I should be on the look out for? I did see the Ewok Village but my main issue is going to be displaying them.

If you have any passing interest on Ewok Village, get that ASAP. It isn't long for this world.

And even if there is supposedly a new Death Star coming in 2016, many of us on here don't call the current one the Best Star for nothing.

Skele7on

Banned
If you have any passing interest on Ewok Village, get that ASAP. It isn't long for this world.

And even if there is supposedly a new Death Star coming in 2016, many of us on here don't call the current one the Best Star for nothing.

:| I've been here five minutes and already the pressure to get things is here.

:D RIP Wallet.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Tumbler, Ewok Village, AT-AT, Star Destroyer, Sex-Wing, all gone after early next year (they are OOP already, available until supply lasts).

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
Tumbler, Ewok Village, AT-AT, Star Destroyer, Sex-Wing, all gone after early next year (they are OOP already, available until supply lasts).

Yup, the AT-AT and the Star Destroyer are both fantastic sets. I picked them both up a few months ago. Now they are pretty much gone from the shelves in my area, although the Lego store might have them.

teeny

:| I've been here five minutes and already the pressure to get things is here.

:D RIP Wallet.

Yeah, avoid this thread if you want your wallet to survive!

I don't really have any opinions to share on Star Wars stuff. I can only really afford the smaller sets at the moment. The 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype is a really good, affordable build but as you already have the UCS one it probably is not worth it :p The microfighters are also affordable but interesting builds. The next wave is about to release, though I am not as initially warm on it as I was with the last series.

If you want the Ewok Village, I would not hang around as it is OOP and will disappear soon.

Skele7on

Banned
I forgot to mention we are filthy enablers here.

That's fine, I will be taking pics once my builds are complete, especially slave one as that's going to be awesome!

Yeah, avoid this thread if you want your wallet to survive!

I don't really have any opinions to share on Star Wars stuff. I can only really afford the smaller sets at the moment. The 75082 TIE Advanced Prototype is a really good, affordable build but as you already have the UCS one it probably is not worth it :p The microfighters are also affordable but interesting builds. The next wave is about to release, though I am not as initially warm on it as I was with the last series.

If you want the Ewok Village, I would not hang around as it is OOP and will disappear soon.

See I'm only lucky at the moment so depending on money Ewok Village may have to go into the old pile I now have, I can't seem to find the Best Star (well on a channel I can get discounted anyway) but if it truly is BEST star, I may have to bite.

I like the look of Death Star™ Final Duel Item: 75093 I just wish I could see sizing pics.

The advanced prototype is pretty cool actually. What's the opinion on this Millennium falcon lot of mixed reviews on it so far.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
That's fine, I will be taking pics once my builds are complete, especially slave one as that's going to be awesome!

See I'm only lucky at the moment so depending on money Ewok Village may have to go into the old pile I now have, I can't seem to find the Best Star (well on a channel I can get discounted anyway) but if it truly is BEST star, I may have to bite.

There were some rumours earlier this year that the next death star is basically the old one redesigned with modern building techniques. I would wait if that's the case, the old one is pretty, well, old in that regard.

Skele7on

Banned
There were some rumours earlier this year that the next death star is basically the old one redesigned with modern building techniques. I would wait if that's the case, the old one is pretty, well, old in that regard.

Just had a read up yeah looks like there is a new one coming and a possible UCS edition
:| but for that I'm going to have to get my money up for that haha!

I've had a look at Ewok Village.

Been looking at the Falcon, is it normal for stickers vs it being printed on?

Deefuzz

JLuY7Xl.jpg

huh. The Lack can support the weight? That would be my main concern. I figured even with the bracket mounted to the wall studs I would still be worried about the material of the shelf itself not being able to hold the weight after so long and it would break off from the mounting bracket

TheFuzz

Suggestion: the Palace Cinema looks rather cramped in there. Get two 16x32 baseplates and put them on either side of it, and tile them to look like streets. Then you have room for the Mystery Machine there too.
Great idea, thanks!!

huh. The Lack can support the weight? That would be my main concern. I figured even with the bracket mounted to the wall studs I would still be worried about the material of the shelf itself not being able to hold the weight after so long and it would break off from the mounting bracket

The longer lack shelves are rated to support 18-44 lbs. and hold 4 modulars each, roughly at 5-6 lbs per modular. I've got each shelf mounted to two separate studs. I've got a third shelf that held 4 modulars for the last 15 months with no issues.

There are also three torx screws that drive into the metal bracket from underneath. The shelf isn't going anywhere.

Deefuzz

The longer lack shelves are rated to support 18-44 lbs. and hold 4 modulars each, roughly at 5-6 lbs per modular. I've got each shelf mounted to two separate studs. I've got a third shelf that held 4 modulars for the last 15 months with no issues.

There are also three torx screws that drive into the metal bracket from underneath. The shelf isn't going anywhere.

Awesome! I think you have quelled my concerns and have inspired my next trip to Ikea.

Thanks for the info!

TheFuzz

Awesome! I think you have quelled my concerns and have inspired my next trip to Ikea.

Thanks for the info!

No problem. I had the same concerns. IKEA recommends mounting it to at least a single stud but I made sure to hit two of them for added support. For all the flack they get sometimes, their floating shelves have been used pretty heavily in our house and we've never had an issue.

ThisOne

I've posted stuff like this here before and usually haven't gotten much of a response, but here goes...

I'm trying to track down the last couple minifigures from series 14 and would prefer not to spend ebay prices to get them. Specifically, I'm looking for Tiger Woman. If you've got an extra one that you want to get rid of, I have an extra Skeleton Guy and Fly Monster that I will send you in exchange for your Tiger Woman. They both are open but haven't been assembled. I'm in the USA and would prefer to ship to the USA. PM if you're interested.

sharbhund

I've posted stuff like this here before and usually haven't gotten much of a response, but here goes...

I'm trying to track down the last couple minifigures from series 14 and would prefer not to spend ebay prices to get them. Specifically, I'm looking for Tiger Woman. If you've got an extra one that you want to get rid of, I have an extra Skeleton Guy and Fly Monster that I will send you in exchange for your Tiger Woman. They both are open but haven't been assembled. I'm in the USA and would prefer to ship to the USA. PM if you're interested.

I just sent you a PM.

teeny

I'm sorry I'm unable to help, but it looks like you've had an offer anyway.

It might be worth posting in the Lego Marketplace thread too if you're after anything in particular Lego Marketplace Thread

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Dammit! The Toys R Us sale on Lego Pirates ended!
I just built the little Shipwreck Defense set and had way more fun with it than I anticipated and really wanted to buy up the rest of the theme (besides the ship) with the 30% discount... Poop.
Still gonna stop by Toys R Us though. Might grab one or two of the sets anyways.

Rootbeer

Banned
Just finished up all the pirates sets last week. So happy to own them all!

As a kid I loved Medieval and Pirates the most, with Space being a very close runner up. But these days I have the big boy budget to buy all the coolest ones, unlike back then when I was lucky to get 1 or 2 of the mid-sized sets per theme if I was lucky. It gets better, kids.

Ok- just got back from home with my old Star Wars Legos. All kits from the late 90's/early 2000's. Prize of the collection is the Collector Edition Tie Interceptor. Any ideas if this thing has some value?

Rootbeer

Banned
Ok- just got back from home with my old Star Wars Legos. All kits from the late 90's/early 2000's. Prize of the collection is the Collector Edition Tie Interceptor. Any ideas if this thing has some value?

Here you are. You could get $250 or so (used, complete). That's on the very lowest end though. Could go a few hundred more to the right buyer.

Kipp

Well, I now have all of the Pirates sets besides the ship!
The sets aren't the best sets Lego has ever made and the price per piece ratio is pretty awful, but something about these sets makes me so happy. I just love them.
Still a bit frustrated with myself that I didn't pick them up while they were 30% off, but whatever. I'm so glad I ended up getting them regardless.

Just finished up all the pirates sets last week. So happy to own them all!

As a kid I loved Medieval and Pirates the most, with Space being a very close runner up. But these days I have the big boy budget to buy all the coolest ones, unlike back then when I was lucky to get 1 or 2 of the mid-sized sets per theme if I was lucky. It gets better, kids.

Woo!

And yeah, having money is a very nice thing indeed. :p

Osahi

Holy fuck those new Star Wars sets are expensive in EU. 35 euros for the droid escape, freez chamber and hoth battle for instance. Terrible piece/price ratio. Makes it easier to pass on them (they will be much cheaper fast in toy stores i guess)

Also, official pocs at s@h still show those base pieces for the minifigs?

Pixels

The only Force Awakens set I like is Rey's Speeder... I wish there was something with Ren and Phasma minifigs that was nice.

Osahi

The only Force Awakens set I like is Rey's Speeder... I wish there was something with Ren and Phasma minifigs that was nice.

Brilliant little set. Poes sex wing is great too, as is the ever fantastic falcon. I also liked the Tie. Not the greatest build ever, and a bit overpriced (though you can find it far below rrsp now i guess), but awesome to look at.

Kipp

Oh man, Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty is BRILLIANT. The mechanisms that make the sails and the sidepod things move are so incredible. And it just looks fantastic. And the dragon is awesome too. Just love it.

(There's one on Amazon Warehouse for $92 right now...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom