• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

dramatis

Buff schedule for stormblood release period

6/16 - 6/23 : Heat 3, Rates
6/24 - 6/25 : Heat 3, DoL
6/26 - 6/27 : Heat 3, DoH
6/28 - 7/1 : Heat 3, Rates

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I hope floor 3 of omega is just as fucked up as floor 3 of alex LOL
They will never do this again, shit hurt the game so bad lol

Edit: Oh and every fight should be as long as floor 4 of alex.

Squishy3

I resubbed recently to finish HW content, but it would have taken me beyond SB launch to grind for i230 equipment, so I'm just waiting for the expansion to get some cheap gear. I might even level up RDM to use for the rest of the MSQ.
You won't need to buy gear probably, if it's anything like ARR the HW level 60 job quest and MSQ will be updated to give you gear to carry you through it.

Rip bardmage. Will take me a bit to learn how to rip hate off tanks again.

I use to enjoy this as well. What I have learned however through all the tank changes in 3.0 is that it got a ton harder after the agro tank stance buff. You have to be about 30 ilvls above a tank roughly before I could successfully rip off a bad tank who did their dot combo before agro combo when in tank stance.

Xux

I'm sure WHM will be fine. They're probably parsing it on the closed PTR server they invited Japanese raiders to and it's contributing with 1% raid DPS.

Also, I fear my FC might be dead.

Copper

You won't need to buy gear probably, if it's anything like ARR the HW level 60 job quest and MSQ will be updated to give you gear to carry you through it.

I'm 56. About long do you think it would take to get through the rest of the HW content?

Squishy3

I'm 56. About long do you think it would take to get through the rest of the HW content?
56-60 would probably take about a... week and a half? assuming a couple hours every night or so and being up to date on your story quests, less if you play more than that. Barring queue times you could bust through the 3.x MSQ in a weekend if they add the gear to the quests. There's much less there than there was for ARR.

Sod it, since everyone and their mother is dead set on being AST for heals, I'm going WHM for the time being.

There are dozens of us. Dozens!

Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if I still see more WHMs in pubs and stuff. People like WHM because it's simple and because it heals a lot, so even if you're not that good at triage and target selection or mana efficiency, you still doyour job well enough. Also cause don't have to DPS constantly, position the fairy, draw the cards and all the side stuff, all you really do is heal(you should be DPSing but you know, you don't pay for my sub etc).

I mean the vast majority of people don't do savage, and even those that do, there's only a small fraction that does at intended difficulty(early in the cicle before people are geared completely in capped tome set and such, or just even the patch after) so the fact WHM is, as far as we can tell, going to be the weakest healer isn't going to affect most people.

You'll have idiots crying about WHMs in expert duty roulette and 24mans though, so you have to get ready for that.

Dumb question time but is there somewhere you have to be specifically to start the MSQ for SB or is it similar to WoW where the quest pops up?

Pretty much guaranteed Mor Dhona where the story in HW ends as usual.

Honestly I wouldn't be too surprised if I still see more WHMs in pubs and stuff. People like WHM because it's simple and because it heals a lot, so even if you're not that good at triage and target selection or mana efficiency, you still doyour job well enough. Also cause don't have to DPS constantly, position the fairy, draw the cards and all the side stuff, all you really do is heal(you should be DPSing but you know, you don't pay for my sub etc).

I mean the vast majority of people don't do savage, and even those that do, there's only a small fraction that does at intended difficulty(early in the cicle before people are geared completely in capped tome set and such, or just even the patch after) so the fact WHM is, as far as we can tell, going to be the weakest healer isn't going to affect most people.

You'll have idiots crying about WHMs in expert duty roulette and 24mans though, so you have to get ready for that.

Pretty much guaranteed Mor Dhona where the story in HW ends as usual.

Every FFXIV MSQ continues where the last one finished. In this case it's inside the Rising Stones.

Cool thx

Luigi87

Welp I preloaded Stormblood CE.
I mean I can't play Stormblood content yet, but like, now this should get my ass in gear to continue playing HW, lol

If you're a madman like me I did all of HW MSQ in 3 days lol. The biggest hurdles are when you hit ilvl dungeon requirements or you can't continue the story cause you aren't high enough lvl and you have to grind potd or do side quests

duckroll

Welp I preloaded Stormblood CE.
I mean I can't play Stormblood content yet, but like, now this should get my ass in gear to continue playing HW, lol

Jesus, how far did you fall behind? After Zelda, Persona 5, and Nier Automata, I actually came back and hauled ass until I cleared 3.5 this week. Edzi plugged away at it too. What did you do???? :)

Don't forget to log out in a deserted zone like Azsyla so you can get on Friday morning.

The best place to log out is inside the Rising Stones. Anywhere else makes no sense.

Hmm, so this might be a dumb question, but I play on both PS4 and PC, and bought Stormblood on PS4...when will I be able to update my PC version? Do I have to wait until the actual unlock so Stormblood gets associated with my account once the PS4 version is active?

Or will the PC version download the expansion either way?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So, will SB be "installed" as an update to the game? I'm not going to have to install anything? My Square Enix page still doesn't have a Download option, and only has the early access code, not the full game key.

The best place to log out is inside the Rising Stones. Anywhere else makes no sense.

Logging out in a congested area, which Rising Stones will be, might make login tougher.

I'm logging out in Old Gridana to (presumably) pop the new Summoner quest from Y'Stola's sister.

Hmm, so this might be a dumb question, but I play on both PS4 and PC, and bought Stormblood on PS4...when will I be able to update my PC version? Do I have to wait until the actual unlock so Stormblood gets associated with my account once the PS4 version is active?

I'm pretty sure you'd need to buy a separate Stormblood license for PC, since licenses are separated by platform.

You have to buy the PC version

Jesus, how far did you fall behind? After Zelda, Persona 5, and Nier Automata, I actually came back and hauled ass until I cleared 3.5 this week. Edzi plugged away at it too. What did you do???? :)

I'm going to get Red Mage and die of boredom in palace of the dead before I start the story.

Luigi87

Zelda, Nier (still working at it), Fire Emblem Echoes (this is the main culprit atm), Disgaea, Overwatch weekend nights...
... I think I did non-game stuff in there too o_o
I know if I start putting in a couple hours each day I'll get through HW in no time ultimately.+

Edit: OH, and I stopped playing the story for a bit, as I got BTN to 50, and was leveling WVR as well
Edit 2: And unlocked WAR, but then became too timid to actually try tanking in dungeons <_<

melkier33

You will have to buy a copy of SB for PC to access SB on PC. It should just update with the patcher if you bought it or not though I would think.

So, will SB be "installed" as an update to the game? I'm not going to have to install anything? My Square Enix page still doesn't have a Download option, and only has the early access code, not the full game key.

Everyone downloads the SB content pretty much, it's just a normal update. Only difference if you have EA or not is wether or not you can access all the 4.0 features, but otherwise nothing separate to download.

Luminaire

Logging out in a congested area, which Rising Stones will be, might make login tougher.

I'm logging out in Old Gridana to (presumably) pop the new Summoner quest from Y'Stola's sister.

Isn't The Solar an instance only for your character?

duckroll

Should be installed as just an update.

I mean, that's just the loading right? It doesn't have any impact on logging in to the actual server since if there's a queue there's a queue, regardless of where you are zone-wise.

Makes sense if you want to do the job quest first though, but the first thing I'm going to do is to nab the first MSQ quest and see where it leads me. I don't even know where the next Dragoon job quest is going to pop. Lol.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've been seeing sch's crying about "nerfs" But I'm sitting here looking at things and all i see is crazy shit and I'm hype :D

duckroll

Zelda, Nier (still working at it), Fire Emblem Echoes (this is the main culprit atm), Disgaea, Overwatch weekend nights...
... I think I did non-game stuff in there too o_o
I know if I start putting in a couple hours each day I'll get through HW in no time ultimately.+

Edit: OH, and I stopped playing the story for a bit, as I got BTN to 50, and was leveling WVR as well
Edit 2: And unlocked WAR, but then became too timid to actually try tanking in dungeons <_<

Reading this post was like a spiral into chaos lol. At first it didn't sound so bad, then.... lol. :/

Wadiwasi

Banned
So I came back to the game during one of their free trial weekends and figured I'd go through some of the story content that had been added since I finished base HW......

I had no idea what to do since I had been gone for so long and couldn't find the story quest marker icon anywhere to try and continue the story.

Isn't The Solar an instance only for your character?
If you log out in an instance, when you log in you will be just outside that instance (which is why when you log out in your house, you log in just outside it).

So I came back to the game during one of their free trial weekends and figured I'd go through some of the story content that had been added since I finished base HW......

I had no idea what to do since I had been gone for so long and couldn't find the story quest marker icon anywhere to try and continue the story.
Best places to look are the noble’s house your character is staying at in Ishgard, and the Rising Stones.

Luigi87

Reading this post was like a spiral into chaos lol. At first it didn't sound so bad, then.... lol. :/

...halp...

I'll definitely be putting in some hours through HW's story when the servers come back. I left off at an interesting part for me
arrival in Dravania.

I mean, that's just the loading right? It doesn't have any impact on logging in to the actual server since if there's a queue there's a queue, regardless of where you are zone-wise.

Makes sense if you want to do the job quest first though, but the first thing I'm going to do is to nab the first MSQ quest and see where it leads me. I don't even know where the next Dragoon job quest is going to pop. Lol.

I'm going to assume it's at the Observatorium as it's always been before.

Alex

Maybe I should buy lv. 50 DoM gear now so I'm not trying to do it once I finish Red Mage quests in a sea of people.

erawsd

Cheapest I've seen

Yeah, I checked my email and turns out they just sent out an extra -10% voucher that stacks with the VIP discount for 27% off. My total came to $29

I think these codes are sometimes tied to an account, but if anyone wants to try it:

8XCVWJ-MUF37L-V5JRSK

Top Bottom