• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Stormblood Expansion Free* For A Limited Time - Ends May 8th

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood is currently available free* for a limited time to existing owners and new purchasers of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn).
*Requires an active paid service subscription to FINAL FANTASY XIV Online. Offer ends May 8, 7am PDT.

IMPORTANT:
  • This product is a FINAL FANTASY® XIV expansion pack that requires FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn) and an active subscription to play.
  • This product is NOT compatible with the Steam version of FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online. If you’ve purchased the Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn) on Steam, then you must also redeem FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood on Steam.

Free* = Must have A Realm Reborn, but not the Steam version. Must be an active subscriber to use.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I thought Heavensward and Stormblood were already free? Was it just Heavensward?
The free trial of the game includes the Heavensward expansion.

Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers are included (again for FREE*) if you purchase the Endwalker expansion.

MMOs, man...

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
So, if this if you have the Free Trial, you can secure this?

Man if so, that's a hell of a steal. Probably 300+ hours of content. I averaged about 100 hours per expansion when I went through the whole thing a few years ago.

Stormblood has the best raid series. SOooooooooo freaking good.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Ltu6RQk.png

jshackles

So, if this if you have the Free Trial, you can secure this?
If you have the free trial and want to take advantage of this offer - the optimal path forward would be:

1) Complete the game through the Heavensward expansion, bringing at least one job to level 60
2) Purchase and activate A Realm Reborn (the "Starter edition" / $20 version of the game) - this step will move your account from the trial to a paid subscription
3) Activate your free Stormblood key and play

I guess this is for people who want to continue playing after Heavensward, but don't want to have to buy the full game + the latest expansion for $60. You'll still have to subscribe to the game to play this though, hence the "FREE*" in the title and in their marketing.

NecrosaroIII

Ask me about my terrible takes on Star Trek characters
If you have the free trial and want to take advantage of this offer - the optimal path forward would be:

1) Complete the game through the Heavensward expansion, bringing at least one job to level 60
2) Purchase and activate A Realm Reborn (the "Starter edition" / $20 version of the game) - this step will move your account from the trial to a paid subscription
3) Activate your free Stormblood key and play

I guess this is for people who want to continue playing after Heavensward, but don't want to have to buy the full game + the latest expansion for $60. You'll still have to subscribe to the game to play this though, hence the "FREE*" in the title and in their marketing.
Eh, might as well just buy the endwalker bundle imho. If you're that far, you're probably already committed.

Although you may fall off the wagon during alexander lol

Im very fond of ff14 and I still havent made it through Heavensward. I had a kid during the process, though, and nothing wrecks mmo progress quite like having a kid. Number 2 is a week out now, too, so I dont foresee myself getting through ff14 any time soon, lol.

D23

i stop playing in a middle of heavensward expansion. because theres so many other games came out since... but im tempted to go back and finish heavensward and try this.. but the time commitment idk if i have it right now

Top Bottom