• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

Faustek

Hmm, Yepp I do believe it. Zuckerberg will run for president 2020 and no he ain't a democrat neither a Republican. Watch him be some new unholy version of of all that's bad.

D i Z

Hmm, Yepp I do believe it. Zuckerberg will run for president 2020 and no he ain't a democrat neither a Republican. Watch him be some new unholy version of of all that's bad.

Libertarian. But Rep or Dem in name alone just to get a foot in the door. How you doing today, Faustek?

Faustek

Libertarian. But Rep or Dem in name alone just to get a foot in the door. How you doing today, Faustek?

Libertarian. Yeah that as well.

I'm fine actually. Readying my application for termination. Getting so fed up here so all I have left is to make sure I point and help the workers union rep in preparing the correct papers and arguments so the workers can get a higher salary. We've been making money but not a damn dime have come to the workers in years now. So get that in order, get myself in order and prepare to spend six to ten months in an office between the toilets for ten months. If I'm lucky I'll be on the shift force doing nothing 🙃

I say toilet office since that's what happened to my friend. He quit but due to a few clauses in our contracts, so we don't steal secrets, he was put in that office for ten months doing nothing but reading, playing games 4 nights a week.
I like nights tho. Best time to work. Unfortunately the meetings are in the day tho.

But who is his base?

Same young shit heels we saw in Charlottesville. These will be better tho since they aren't really racist woman hating pigs. Just like to believe they are better and wear better clothes.

Slayven

The internet collectively. Most of Gaf. Your momma.
menace-ii-society.gif

You trust people too much fam. Way too many people are sheep.

Say what you will, but Trump has a weird charmisa.

Zuckerberg is a walking E3 presentation.

D i Z

I mean, not for nothing the dude has his own network if he chose to use it that way. It's better than owning CBS for herding the sheep.

Faustek

Yep. Few bits of fake news shit on FB and he will get them to vote.

The funny thing is how you can show them the truth from another source. Let them see the full clip or the full paper but no. Then it's from communist forces ultra leftist yadayada and I tell them to suck in a pogo stick.

I mean, not for nothing the dude has his own network if he chose to use it that way. It's better than owning CBS for herding the sheep.

What Beefy said.

What about you then D? Life treating you well?

D i Z

The funny thing is how you can show them the truth from another source. Let them see the full clip or the full paper but no. Then it's from communist forces ultra leftist yadayada and I tell them to suck in a pogo stick.

What Beefy said.

What about you then D? Life treating you well?

No complaints. Just going through the daily routine and trying to be a better man than i was yesterday as a general goal for myself.

What kind of work do you do?

Lab Technician in research currently working in a grad school. I am learning web development in my spare time as well.

We all have our biases when it comes to living here. I'm Toronto through and through, despite how expensive it's getting to be. There's some important stuff to consider, though.

What do you think your budget would look like?
Do you want to be close to the border?
How much do you hate the cold?
What's your opinion on bagged milk?
Do you speak French?
If you do speak French, are you overtly religious? Quebec is weird about that.
What amenities are necessary for you? (e.g. Do you like watching sports live? Which sports, if so?)
Do you want to be able to buy a detached house in the future for <1.2m, or are you good with renting for the rest of your life, or buying into a condo and paying maintenance forever?

Plus Zekes' question:

1) Budget-wise, I'm currently spending sub-$800 on my apartment here in TX and can stand to do the same in Canada. If I land the exact same job it means ~$2200 a month. Don't use cable but internet is sub-$100 and I spend $100-300 a month for groceries.

2) Haven't really thought about being close to the border or not. Any particular benefits to living close or far? I don't mind either way at the moment.

3) I like the cold better than the heat. The only thing that usually pisses me off is slipping on ice.

4) I can fuck with bagged milk

5) I'm learning it. Literally at the beginner stage.

6) I don't speak French but as for religion, I might look for a Baptist church and go once a month just to sate my parents. I myself am not a bible-thumper.

7) Amenities: Internet and watching movies. That's honestly pretty much it. Only time I'm ever into sports is during the Olympics. Don't watch live music. Not a big drinker or partyer so no need for a place with a busy nightlife.I do enjoy the fine arts so a museum and a playhouse would be nice to have nearby but not a necessity. All I really need is a nearby bookstore, theater & a mall.

8) At this point in my life, I'm 100% good with renting for the rest of my life.

Faustek

$800 for an apartment.. I spend that on the house when I'm there.

--

Nothing wrong with bagged milk.
If anything chocolate, raspberry and that I'll of flavoured milk is the devil.

No complaints. Just going through the daily routine and trying to be a better man than i was yesterday as a general goal for myself.

A goal we all should have.

D i Z

The first ep of Discovery started of rocky with some crappy dialogue, but found its groove pretty quickly.

Michael often speaks like she's not alive. Like she's passed on already.

TheSun

I like the Oddworld series.
T'was a bit divided on New N' Tasty, as pointed out by MathewMatosis's video.
Soulstorm looks like its heading towards a much darker direction for Soulstorm, which I like.
I hope it does well enough for them to remake Munch's Oddysee.

D i Z

The first 2 eps of Discovery were worth the watch. They took a few moments to re-humanize Star Fleet, which I liked, but they didn't push it too hard to upset the fans that like their interactions... sterile.
How Michael gets out of this shit should be interesting.

Faustek

I should note that I'm OK if you add ovaltine to your milk or such. It's just the pre-made stuff that annoys me to no end. Kinda like candy flavoured medicin. No you damn brat. Eat your meds or die.

Shy

Morning, BCT.
Afternoon fam
Mornin' all.
Evening chums.
At least there isn't any lens flare, fuck you Abrams. There is a reason navy ship bridges don't look like over lit apple stores
It did have a bit of lens flares. But they weren't too bad.
Had my first "get out of our country" shit today. Nice.
That's a horrible way to start the week. Sorry to hear that.

Was the person that said it in a white van ?
Unfortunately.
But who is his base?
The same as Trump.

Shy

Shy what you think of the interior designs of Discovery ship?
Ummm. I like that the bridge had windows and the viewscreen was overlayed on them. (one of very few things i liked about NuTrek)

Overall it's very utilitarian (even compared to something like the Defiant or Excelsior class ships) which i don't how to feel about just yet it. Sorry.

I want to see what the interior of the Discovery looks like next week.

Sorry if that didn't really answer your question, Slay.

Slayven

Ummm. I like that the bridge had windows and the viewscreen was overlayed on them. (one of very few things i liked about NuTrek)

Overall it's very utilitarian (even compared to something like the Defiant or Excelsior class ships) which i don't how to feel about just yet it. Sorry.

I want to see what the interior of the Discovery looks like next week.

Sorry if that didn't really answer your question, Slay.

It's all good. I like we saw real aliens just not humans with forehead gunk.

Top Bottom