• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Guys SpaceVenture Kickstarter by Two Guys From Andromeda [Ended, $539K funded]

Fantasmo

Haven't seen this until now...

I REALLY want to be updated when this eventually comes out. I loved the old Sierra games. And Lucasarts for that matter.

I enjoy space. I enjoy adventure games. I decided to toss in $15.

Man, in two years, I'll be getting so many games because of the constant kick-starters. Best part (or maybe worst part) will be me forgetting until that time period. It'll be crazy.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I liked 5. It felt like a Star Trek game at times, which was a nice change of pace from the loser that he was for all the other games.

celebi23

Whelp, I'm in for $115. Love me those big boxes :p Man, this, Double Fine's game & the Leisure Suit Larry remake are going to be an awesome way to start off 2013 :D

Space Quest 5 is not shitty at all. I played through it a few weeks ago, had never finished it before so it's not nostalgia talking. One of my favorite takes on the classic "lone ship exploring strange and uncharted worlds" sci-fi concept, on any medium. The sense of adventure and wonder is superb.

People hate SQ5? That was my favorite. The only crappy one was 6.

mclem

Whelp, I'm in for $115. Love me those big boxes :p Man, this, Double Fine's game & the Leisure Suit Larry remake are going to be an awesome way to start off 2013 :D

...and Project Fedora along with the *two* games coming from Jane Jensen.

Six new (okay, five new, one remake, but still...) point-and-click adventures in and around 2013. SIX. From people who know what they're doing.

Frogacuda

Banned
Space Quest 5 is not shitty at all. I played through it a few weeks ago, had never finished it before so it's not nostalgia talking. One of my favorite takes on the classic "lone ship exploring strange and uncharted worlds" sci-fi concept, on any medium. The sense of adventure and wonder is superb.

Space Quest 5 is an excellent game. But the vibe is a bit different than the rest of the series.

auhsor

Neo Member
I never did finish 6. I didn't really enjoy the style of it :/

In case anyone wasn't aware people can still contribute to the stretch goals using paypal at http://guysfromandromeda.com/. I really want them to reach the alternate art style at 700k... It just seems so out of reach!

sorry to resurrect this thread and get anyones hopes up about real news, but i was wondering if any pledgers had received their gog credit yet? i was hankering for some space quest and realized i hadnt heard about that in a while. there is no reason that shouldnt be available before the release of the game, right? double fine is already sending out stuff.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
iwwJcVXRNUHyM.gif

I still can't get over how cool the animation looks. It's like a fusion of old-school EGA pixel art and traditional hand-drawn animation.

I won't rest until I can play a game that looks like that.

I know this is a huge bump, but believe it or not this game is still not out and they just sent out an email that the new release date is 11/30/2016. Yes you read that right. It seems like the main creators have had some personal issues that have delayed the project. I certainly have sympathy for that but this project never had a massive scope and it's always felt like no one has ever really had a solid handle on it.

This is one of the first KS I backed and I'm skeptical we will ever see something which is a bit disappointing. We will see but I've written it off as a loss at this point.

jett

D-Member
I know this is a huge bump, but believe it or not this game is still not out and they just sent out an email that the new release date is 11/30/2016. Yes you read that right. It seems like the main creators have had some personal issues that have delayed the project. I certainly have sympathy for that but this project never had a massive scope and it's always felt like no one has ever really had a solid handle on it.

This is one of the first KS I backed and I'm skeptical we will ever see something which is a bit disappointing. We will see but I've written it off as a loss at this point.

4.5 years later after the kickstarter? Is that some sort of record? I have to imagine the chances of this thing coming out are slim.

inm8num2

I've lost sight of the fact that people are making this game - my condolences to Scott, and my thoughts to Mark and his wife.

As for the game that was a great update - lots of cool stuff to see. I misread the above post as 11/30/2015 and became really excited for a moment. ;)

jett

D-Member
I was playing SQ6 thanks to the Sierra HumbleBundle and started wondering about this kickstarter.

I cannot believe it's been four years. That's ridiculous. In the mean time Gary Owens, the classic SQ narrator, died, sadly. They haven't recorded any voice acting yet apparently and the script isn't even finished, according to the last update. They are working on it at least, lol. :p

Their August update said they were trying to get the game done by November. Not that I find that scenario likely.

I'm not fooling myself into expecting something good but I'm still curious about the end result...

inm8num2

I think Spaceventure will be an okay game. Probably short, probably easy, and probably designed with mobile users in mind, but having enough charm and humor to carry it. The good news is that almost everyone has given up on or forgotten about Spaceventure that expectations will be extremely low.

November's definitely not happening - no idea if they are considering an episodic release structure to finish the later parts of the game. I wouldn't be surprised but don't think there's been any indication this is a possibility.

My feeling the last couple years has been that while progress has been slow and updates haven't really shown much tangible progress, there's a game in there and it'll come out eventually. Spaceventure seems to be on a better track than Hero-U, which has had quite a bit of turnover with the dev team.

So they just put out another update: obviously the game is not coming out this year, and they way they talk who knows when it will. I've sort of forgotten about this so if it ever comes that will be cool I guess, but it's hard to really get any real sense that it is wrapping up.

Top Bottom