• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Community |OT4| God Bless the Chopper!

I put in vacation time for launch day a while back. I also have next Wednesday off. Put in another vacation day for Thursday after seeing the hype from the launch trailer thread. 3 whole days of glorious MGSV...

Kindekuma

Banned
I put in vacation time for launch day a while back. I also have next Wednesday off. Put in another vacation day for Thursday after seeing the hype from the launch trailer thread. 3 whole days of glorious MGSV...

Very nice! I'm taking Monday and Tuesday off to play it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
WARNING PEOPLE! PREVIOUS PAGE HAS THE TITLE SCREEN SPOILED!

I hope nobody quotes it on this page.

yJL7aQ9.gif

nice my fav so far

Sn4ke_911

Title screen is sexy

I wonder if it changes to match how far you are in the story ala Half-Life 2

Well we've seen Snake in the chopper title screens so yeah it sorta does.

Btw. this is not a spoiler, it was seen in a bunch of gameplay videos.

Shy

This is the last time i'll post this guys. Sorry.

PSA. to anybody who has sent me a friend request on the PS4 could you please send me a steam one, becuase if i'm not able to get an early copy tomorrow (Tuesday), i'm not gonna bother and go PC exclusive.
I've updated the spreadsheet to include my steam ID.
I can't believe we even find title screens to be spoilers these days...
I don't, but i know sn4ke didn't want to see it, so i was asking for it to be put behind tags, so he wouldn't see it.

Alienous

These people need to just get off the internet if something like that is a spoiler.

Bullshit.

If someone told me Sins of the Father played during the opening, as much as I'm expecting it, I'd still consider it a spoiler.

Metal Gear Solid games betray expectations. But not any more, thanks to Title Screen Spoiler McGee.

These people need to just get off the internet if something like that is a spoiler.

Well we've tried to keep the thread spoiler free for the last I don't know how many days for those who are going in blind or have been keeping away from all the MGS threads except this one since the other threads have already been spoiled.

We could get off the internet but we're fans hyped for TPP, this thread's pretty much keeping me from going door to door and talking about our Lord and Savior Big Boss.

11085208_705803849530457_1512540339_n.jpg

LOL. Yeah. Wish i got my copy. :_:

For what it's worth I really thought you will get an early copy somehow. :p

Bullshit.

If someone told me Sins of the Father played during the opening, as much as I'm expecting it, I'd still consider it a spoiler.

Metal Gear Solid games betray expectations. But not any more, thanks to Title Screen Spoiler McGee.

I thought you were joking before the edit. But if you're serious I can only question your reasonability and say this in plain terms:

It's just a main menu screen, grow up.

Kindekuma

Banned
Yeah. It's going to be even harder to avoid any sort of spoiler now too.

Amen, brother. :(

I've already put up my filter tags on /v/ to avoid any sort of MGS thread there, and just hanging around here in the OT since it's the only real safe place here on GAF since we don't get random posters that often. I'm golden. Oh, and no r/metalgearsolid for me, that shit's a minefield god help the mods there.

Alienous

I thought you were joking before the edit. But if you're serious I can only question your reasonability and say this in plain terms:

It's just a main menu screen, grow up.

It has nothing to do with growing up. It has everything to do with having guidelines. The title screen doesn't bother me, but the next thing quite possibly will if the spoiler potential for posting something that hasn't been shown officially isn't addressed. Some people just don't want to see it, and the image wasn't spoiler tagged just in case.

The next thing will be "But this literally happens 5 minute into the game" and it'll be Big Boss pulling off a mask to reveal that he was really The Boss the whole time.

Liamc723

It has nothing to do with growing up. It has everything to do with having guidelines. The title screen doesn't bother me, but the next thing quite possibly will if the spoiler potential for posting something that hasn't been shown officially isn't addressed. Some people just don't want to see it, and the image wasn't spoiler tagged just in case.

The next thing will be "But this literally happens 5 minute into the game" and it'll be Big Boss pulling off a mask to reveal that he was really The Boss the whole time.

Jeez, seriously?

There's a monumental difference between a menu screen and actual gameplay/story spoilers, and I think people can recognise that.

Palpable

I am driving to California in 30 minutes to pick up my copy of TPP from my friend, whom got the game because I tipped her off on where it was being sold already. I cannot wait to play it! I'll stream it if anyone wants, but I don't wanna get banned on anything. Can I even stream it? Privately perhaps?

Sn4ke_911

I am driving to California in 30 minutes to pick up my copy of TPP from my friend, whom got the game because I tipped her off on where it was being sold already. I cannot wait to play it! I'll stream it if anyone wants, but I don't wanna get banned on anything. Can I even stream it? Privately perhaps?

You're not allowed to stream any game before it's official release.

Konami ninja's will hunt you down.

Alienous

Seeing as it's been posted, looking at the title screen, you know what would be awesome?
A Wolfenstein: New Order style timelapse.

Jeez, seriously?

There's a monumental difference between a menu screen and actual gameplay/story spoilers, and I think people can recognise that.

No, there isn't. It's a blurry line. Nobody was complaining about the words on the screen, but the background. The background to a title screen could be a dozen different things that someone might consider a spoiler for any given game.

We're just asking for the courtesy of tagging images like that.

Don't stream it, better safe than sorry. Just enjoy it yourself.

Shy

Congrats brother, i'm super jelly.
This. I'm pretty sure Twitch permabanned the guy streaming TPP early today too.
That's out of order, they shouldn't be perma'd for that. They haven't signed NDAs or done anything illegal.

Sn4ke_911

That's out of order, they shouldn't be perma'd for that. They haven't signed NDAs or done anything illegal.

You don't get permed, i think it's like a 24 hour ban or so on twitch.

Liamc723

No, there isn't. It's a blurry line. Nobody was complaining about the words on the screen, but the background. The background could be a dozen different things that someone might consider a spoiler.

The background is quite obviously a hospital room, which we've seen many times from trailers and the end of Ground Zeroes.

Palpable

You're not allowed to stream any game before it's official release.

Konami ninja's will hunt you down.

Don't stream it, better safe than sorry. Just enjoy it yourself.

Fair enough. I mentioned streaming only for you guys that wanted to see it early. I shall indeed enjoy it when I get home later tonight.

A double agent is among us.

Top Bottom