• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

Mastah

Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit Coming March 14

Next week, a different breed of high-flying vehicular competition hits GTA Online with 20 new Stunt Races custom built for the Rocket Voltic, Ruiner 2000 & Blazer Aqua in Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit. Designed with each of these vehicles' unique characteristics and abilities in mind, this collection of Stunt Races comes to GTA Online on Tuesday, March 14. Also on Tuesday, Legendary Motorsport adds the classically-styled Progen GP1 to its formidable roster of supercars.

And to gear up for next week's Special Vehicle Races, we've also got a flight of new GTA Online bonuses kicking in this weekend and running through Monday, March 13th (on top of ongoing specials including Double GTA$ & RP Stunt Races). Aspiring kingpins can claim their own high-rise for 25% off Executive Offices and Office Garages before taking advantage of CEO bonuses all weekend long. To help satiate your thirst for carnage and gear up for Tuesday, Warstock is slashing the SecuroServ prices on Special Vehicles. Special Vehicle Missions will also dish out Double GTA$ & RP throughout the weekend, allowing you to earn big while getting acclimated with the Special Vehicle of your choosing. Bodyguards and Associates are also getting a Double GTA$ salary bump this weekend.

969692e293309c9647f285dfa78a1fadee7842ee.jpg

79c134d2db79a1e8b27ca35be0b47210f9a96501.jpg

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...&utm_content=gtao-cs-specialvehicles-03092017

Sale on special vehicles, finally they will be mine :D

Hakkelus

Can't they just make some "realistic" racing tracks for a change? At least give double cash for driving normal races sometimes, they are funner than stunt tacks.

Can't they just make some "realistic" racing tracks for a change? At least give double cash for driving normal races sometimes, they are funner than stunt tacks.
Broughy has a playlist featuring player-made "realistic" racing tracks, using Cunning Stunts props as backdrops. It's worth a look if you're into proper racing in GTA.

Decided to finally bite on the Ruiner. Have to say, it is a really fun car to mess around with.
Yeah it's pretty good. Personally, I think the Rocket Voltic, Ruiner 2000, Blazer Aqua, and Technical Aqua are all worth getting, in that order. The latter two are more niche, but each is fun in its own way :)

snacknuts

we all knew her
Yeah it's pretty good. Personally, I think the Rocket Voltic, Ruiner 2000, Blazer Aqua, and Technical Aqua are all worth getting, in that order. The latter two are more niche, but each is fun in its own way :)
I don't have the Technical Aqua, but I bought the other three in the same order and I agree with you completely. Great vehicles that are a lot of fun. Can't wait to use them in the new races this week.

I don't have the Technical Aqua, but I bought the other three in the same order and I agree with you completely. Great vehicles that are a lot of fun. Can't wait to use them in the new races this week.
The Technical Aqua is a bit more Utilitarian, it's not the fastest vehicle, but it's got a massive turret and counts as a personal (special) vehicle rather than a Pegasus one, which has its advantages when things get rough (including instantaneous nearby delivery, and not having to worry about Pegasus pickup or CEO vehicle cooldown). Besides which, it's just fun doing the land/sea transitions in a Toybota with a buddy on the turret - it makes certain parts of the map feel very different, which is nice after all this time :)

The ramp buggy can be fun too, I forgot to mention that. It would be in fifth place I guess.

Linius

So you don't have to pick up the technical aqua from the underground storage in your warehouse? Because that's one of the major downsides of these special vehicles to me.

So you don't have to pick up the technical aqua from the underground storage in your warehouse? Because that's one of the major downsides of these special vehicles to me.
Interaction menu > Vehicles > Request Special Vehicle (scroll through to the ones that you own).

Once you've requested one, there's a five minute cooldown (bypassed by going to the underground storage directly if you want).

snacknuts

we all knew her
Interaction menu > Vehicles > Request Special Vehicle (scroll through to the ones that you own).

Once you've requested one, there's a five minute cooldown (bypassed by going to the underground storage directly if you want).

It's worth noting that unlike normal vehicles you own, you cannot request a new special vehicle if one is already out anywhere on the map. It has to be destroyed or returned to storage before you can request another.

New cars and their prices:

Progen GP1 - Around $1,250,000
Turismo Classic - Around $700,000
Infernus Classic - Around $900,000
Hijak Ruston - Around $400,000

http://gtaforums.com/topic/860017-next-dlc-speculation-thread/?p=1069453687
We have some rough pictures of the cars too:
https://mobile.twitter.com/Yan2295/status/841304192862019584

Turismo Classic looks like an F40... with a hint of Porsche 959 maybe?

Infernus Classic looks like a Diablo with a Testarosa front end.

Hijak Ruston looks like a VUHL 05.

Update 1.22 is live on PS4 (890.3 MB).

Blah they fixed the Special Vehicle/Personal Vehicle bug.
Which bug was that?

EDIT: Progen GP1 is a straight up McLaren F1 as suspected. It's in Legendary Motorsport for $1,260,000. The blurb:

Seasons will change, fashions will come and go, economies will tank, the wholesome pop stars of today will be leaking their own bondage tapes tomorrow - but the GP1 will always remain. This is what defined supercars for a generation, perhaps for all time: as pure and flawless as the smile of a newborn, or a crystal of perfectly refined meth, or the smile of a newborn experiencing perfectly refined meth.

EDIT 2: The T20 is on sale for $1,650,000. It's the only vehicle on sale AFAICS.

Oh yeah, bought the Technical and Blazer Aquas since they were the cheapest, I doubt I'll ever buy the Wastelander, Wedge, Buggy or Boxville.

Update 1.22 is live on PS4 (890.3 MB).

Which bug was that?

It's one where you created a playlist of a race (not sure if it had to be a race) just needed to do it once and Criminal Records was the fastest option. Make sure you don't have a personal vehicle out on the map and then take the special vehicle you want to use out of the garage, blow it up and then start the playlist. Once that's over you come back and you can request your special vehicle as your PV with the normal PV request cool down instead of the special vehicle one. So for example you could take your Rocket Voltic mess around until you either want a fresh one (and blow it up) or to accidentally destroy it and immediately request a new one without having to either wait five minutes or go back to the garage.

Mastah

Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit Now Available, New Progen GP1 and More

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OLvdJOgt48

As an added bonus, get acquainted with the new Special Vehicle Races this week and earn Double GTA$ & RP on all 20 hair-raising tracks through Wednesday, March 22nd.

NOW AVAILABLE: PROGEN GP1

HEIST VEHICLE INSTANT ACCESS

Your vehicular arsenal just isn't complete without a HVY Insurgent, but breaking into the Humane Labs isn't always as easy as it looks. The good news is you now have buy-it-now instant access to any vehicle that had to be acquired on a Heist. And because you can never have too much of a good thing, the Rhino, Annihilator, Buzzard and the Dubsta 6x6 no longer have rank requirements before purchase either.

WEAPONS, VEHICLE UPGRADES & MORE ON SALE

Starting today and available through March 22nd, you can take advantage of 25% off the following essentials:

Stilt Houses
Penthouse Apartments
Progen T20
Engine Upgrades
Turbo Upgrades
Exhausts
Spoilers
Submachine Guns
Body Armor
Import/Export Clothing

SPECIAL VEHICLE PREMIUM RACE: REDNECK

AND MORE COMING SOON...

Look for even more updates coming to GTA Online in the weeks ahead, including additions to the Creator like new Stunt Race props and the ability to concoct your own Special Vehicle Races for the Rocket Voltic, Ruiner 2000, and Blazer Aqua. Plus crazy new modes like Resurrection and Top Down, as well as a collection of oft-requested classic GTA rides - including one particularly morbid muscle car.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...&utm_content=gtao-cs-specialvehicles-03142017

Duke O'Death coming, then.

Here's a good video of all of the new vehicles that are coming in the next few weeks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_SLbzgqXY

Did they buff the Nero Custom recently? I've been getting murdered by them with alarming regularity lately.
No. If you check out the supercar lap times and top speeds, you'll see that the Nero Custom is a great all-rounder. The stunt races put a bigger emphasis on top speed than normal races do, so the Nero Custom is a good choice for them because it has a really high top speed while still being good in the corners.

DeviantBoi

I'm curious, has anyone called out Rockstar for the name of that update?

"Cunning Stunts" --> Stunning XXXXX

Back when I played Asheron's Call, there was a player called "Cupid Stunt". Took a couple of years before someone put it together and reported it.

snacknuts

we all knew her

Back when I played Asheron's Call, there was a player called "Cupid Stunt". Took a couple of years before someone put it together and reported it.

What do you mean by 'called out'? This was entirely intentional and fits in perfectly with all of the tongue-in-cheek names Rockstar gives things.

Pretty sure it was always intentional. I assumed Cunning Stunts was a lowbrow cunt joke.

'Cunt' is also not as offensive of a word for people from GB, as well. It's still a bad word, it's not "the word which shall not be spoken" like it is in the US.

Linius

Never really thought about it that way as I'm natural to the GB way of using that word I guess. The former football (soccer) community here fought some wars over that word haha.

SiteSeer

this is gta we're talking about here, its kind of expected and much appreciated. lol. i mean the description for the new progen gp1 references a baby experiencing methamphetamine.

edgefusion

I usually play in private lobbies with friends, but for the first time I decided to check out public stunt races.....mother of god why have they never included an option to mute people??? Just why? I can't cope with all these cretins who have left their mics on, shouting people, crying babies, cussing 10 year olds. It's obscene and constant. I can't fathom why there's no option to mute these people????

pbsapeer

Banned
I usually play in private lobbies with friends, but for the first time I decided to check out public stunt races.....mother of god why have they never included an option to mute people??? Just why? I can't cope with all these cretins who have left their mics on, shouting people, crying babies, cussing 10 year olds. It's obscene and constant. I can't fathom why there's no option to mute these people????
You can mute but it's a fucking pain. Invite players>view joined players info> mute

Wolfe

Yeah the mute option is only really feasible when in free roam, they really should have an easier mute option for when in races/missions.

On another note I'm really diggin the new Progen, looking forward to the rest of the new vehicles.

It's looking like we'll be getting the Duke O' Death very soon, and that it'll be free for returning players, and 660k for others:

qSB4d1c.jpg

8PuZAOg.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/FoxySnaps/status/843999070276542466

EDIT: The Hijak Ruston has just been released too ($430,000):

"You may look, sound and smell like a corporate insurance analyst, but you live for the track. Your flabby, pimply ass is only at home nestled in a low-slung, carbon fibre racing seat. You fall asleep to fantasies of unconventional aerodynamics. You whisper 'monocoque' to yourself while you're hacking off in the shower. And there's only one name you scream out as you dump your load: Ruston, Ruston, Ruston."

Broughy has tested the Ruston and it's not the greatest - about 30th out of 45 cars in the Sports class for both lap time and top speed, thanks to no spoiler bonus and a very low downforce bonus.

But I will say that it looks awesome and is a lot of fun to drive :)

KdotIX

Broughy has tested the Ruston and it's not the greatest - about 30th out of 45 cars in the Sports class for both lap time and top speed, thanks to no spoiler bonus and a very low downforce bonus.

But I will say that it looks awesome and is a lot of fun to drive :)

Where does the new Progen come in with Broughy's tests?

Having spent some time with the Ruston, I'm a big fan. It reminds me a lot of the Tropos Rallye: it might not be the best car for racing, but it's a lot of fun to just drive around in. It has a very unique look too (and is very customisable), another thing which really appeals to me after all this time in GTAO :)

Mastah

This Week's GTA Online Bonuses: Double GTA$ & RP on Rockstar Created Special Vehicle Races Extended and More

We're extending Double GTA$ & RP bonuses on all 20 Rockstar Created Special Vehicle Races from Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit through Wednesday, March 29th. Rockstar Verified Stunt Races are also getting the Double GTA$ & RP bump this week, so fatten that Maze Bank account by taking to the road in Black and Yellow, Gordo, Love Canyon, Rocket Kars and Meuy's Grand Line. Plus, take advantage of discounts on a suite of stylish vehicles and more...

GARAGE PROPERTIES, VEHICLES & MORE ON SALE THROUGH MARCH 29TH

If you're in the market for a new set of wheels and a spot to store them, you'd be wise to check out the following items - all 25% off through March 29th:

Garage Properties
Bravado Sprunk Buffalo (Sports class)
Declasse Drift Tampa (Sports class)
Dinka Jester (Sports class)
MTL Dune (Service class)
Ocelot Lynx (Sports class)
Throwables & Explosives

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...edium=social&utm_content=gtaobonuses-03232017

Wolfe

Was wondering how long it would take before the Lynx went on sale, and even though it's only 25%, on a 1.7 million dollar car that's still a decent chunk. Can't say I waited as I've already bought the car a second time after selling it to fund my vehicle warehouse, but it's great for anyone that had been interested but didn't want to pay the too high price. Can't blame um.

Looking forward to tooling around in the Infernus once it's out, the GP1 is a ton of fun and has a good amount/variety of mods.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I've been saving saving saving for a while now, but for some reason I decided to drop $950K on a Vestra last night. I think because I didn't have any planes that seat more than one person, and because I basically never see them in the wild. It's pretty fun to fly, but I have a feeling I am going to regret dropping that cash. Oh well!

Top Bottom