• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

snacknuts

we all knew her
Spent ages and I'm just shy of $1.4mil. What should I buy? I want a car that will compete in stunt races I guess?

Nero Custom is the current king of the stunt track and is currently 25% off, but you're going to have to get more cash to buy the car ($1.05MM after discount) and the custom conversion ($600K at Benny's or your office body shop, if you have one).

Mastah said:
Returning players who previously purchased these items will be reimbursed for the purchases, simply log in and your reimbursement will be delivered to your Maze Bank account within the next week.

HECK YEAH! Good guy Rockstar.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Oops, I missed the part about Benny's upgrades being 25% off, too, so that will take another $150K off your purchase price.

pbsapeer

Banned
I ended up buying one last night myself! It's roughly a million times better-looking than my RE-7B.
Yeah just got the upgrade. Nice that it was 25% off.

I've been doing loads of the stunt races to get it but the zentorno is easily beating me in all races not matter which stock car I choose. I understand most will be using custom cars with upgrades to win the races but seems like it's one of the quickest cars in the game. Should I save for one of those?

Mastah

GTA Online: Tiny Racers Coming April 25 - Watch the Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhicD4PQM-U

TODAY ONLY: 4/20 DISCOUNTS & BONUSES
In honor of 420, save (and score) some extra green via The Open Road with 50% off Weed Farm Businesses and Business Upgrades. All Weed sales from your Business will also earn you 50% more profits. And burn out with Green Tire Smoke from LS Customs, also 50% off today.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...newswire&utm_content=gtao-tinyracers-04202017

Is the Duke similar to the Armoured Kurama from a defence perspective?
It's a little more vulnerable to gun fire, but it can take a little more explosion damage.
It's also really good at ramming vehicles (similar to the Insurgent).
One other thing to add about the Duke O'Death: you have a very limited field of fire (basically just forwards) compared to the Kuruma. That's ok in a lot of situations (particularly since it's easy to slide the back around on the DoD), but for situations where you get surrounded the Kuruma's wider field of fire can come in handy.

I ended up buying one last night myself! It's roughly a million times better-looking than my RE-7B.
The Nero is cool, but the RE-7B has those gull wing doors and those stock racing tyres...

Oh my gosh, this looks like a stupid amount of fun.
Yeah I think it looks tricky but fun :)

Striker

I prefer racing with the Tyrus than I do the Nero. Temptesta is solid but lacks the top speed.

They need more tracks for muscle cars too.

pbsapeer

Banned
Just upgraded most of the stuff on the Nero custom. Wow it's great in the races. The zentorno seems to be pretty fucking quick though.

Which contact missions do you guys think are the most enjoyable/best ones in the game? I'm not talking about money or RP payouts/grinding, I mean just in terms of actual quality.

snacknuts

we all knew her
Which contact missions do you guys think are the most enjoyable/best ones in the game? I'm not talking about money or RP payouts/grinding, I mean just in terms of actual quality.

I think The Los Santos Connection represents the best of what GTA missions can be. It's fun, it's better when you have people helping each other out, gives you a chance to use a variety of vehicles, and it feels a little bit epic, sort of like a mini heist that doesn't end if someone quits in the middle of it.

So, I'm feeling an inch for some new GTA, but I'm not interested in PvP with the GTA crowd. Does Online have enough PvE-type content to keep you going for a while? And if it does, just how bad is the grind?

Thanks!

SiteSeer

So, I'm feeling an inch for some new GTA, but I'm not interested in PvP with the GTA crowd. Does Online have enough PvE-type content to keep you going for a while? And if it does, just how bad is the grind?

Thanks!

i'd suggest joining a good crew and run missions with them. if you're on ps4, join the cewl (closed executive work lobbies) crew (https://www.reddit.com/r/CEOfriendly/). they keep griefers out, use mics, and are very active doing free-mode ceo/biker missions. that's as far as pve goes, grinding is a whole other story. and yes there are a lot of pve content to keep you busy, but outside of crew lobbies you'll have to deal with randoms of varying skill on contact missions, lamar missions, and heists.

Mastah

GTA Online: Tiny Racers Out Now

Reminisce about the good old days while you hysterically race to avoid bursting into flames in Tiny Racers, the new retro-styled Adversary Mode in GTA Online.

Tiny Racers channels the spirit of classic GTA titles with a shifting, bird’s-eye perspective designed to bring you a new flavor of vehicle combat. Up to four players can duke it out for the top spot across seven new courses with just one rule: Don’t blow up. Fall too far behind first place and your tiny car goes boom.

Scattered across the track are various power-ups ranging from Rockets and Bombs to light-wielding Shotaros and Special Vehicles. Making good use of these power-ups is key to closing the distance and avoiding a fiery doom. To celebrate the launch of Tiny Racers we’re currently awarding Double GTA$ & RP to all participants.

PLAY GTA ONLINE THIS WEEK TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR A TAX REFUND BONUS

Log in and play GTA Online on PS4, Xbox One or PC at any point between now and Sunday, April 30th to be eligible for a GTA$425K tax refund compliments of the San Andreas State Treasury Department, to be deposited in your Maze Bank account during the month of May.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...newswire&utm_content=gtao-tinyracers-04252017

snacknuts

we all knew her
That tax refund will be nice. I got $500K when I logged on last night for what seems to be no reason (I had already been refunded my purchase price for returning player content last week). Keep the free money coming, Rockstar! I used it to buy a Comet Retro last night while the Benny's conversions are still 25% off. In doing so, I finally filled up the first of my office garages.

Any word yet on what this week's bonuses are?

I think The Los Santos Connection represents the best of what GTA missions can be. It's fun, it's better when you have people helping each other out, gives you a chance to use a variety of vehicles, and it feels a little bit epic, sort of like a mini heist that doesn't end if someone quits in the middle of it.
Thanks for that snacknuts.

In playing a lot of the contact missions for the first time during the double RP and $ period, these were the ones that I thought were particularly good:

Landing Gear: Probably my favourite mission, because it involves a very tricky (and cool) plane landing. The downside is that if you have any bad pilots with you then you're probably going to fail this (quite long) mission right at the very end. The other downside is that you need at least four players to get this one started.

GTA Today: This might be my second favourite mission. It's a pure GTA mission, along the lines of Gone in 60 Seconds, where you have to steal an assortment of cars to a very tough time limit. The feeling of you and your buddies racing across different parts of the city in these stolen cars is very cool. Some of the cars are defended, and others are just further away (making your driving abilities more important with respect to the timer).

Judging the Jury: This is another one where you have a time limit (eventually) and you and your friends will be racing across different parts of the city to get it done. You have a whole bunch of hits to carry out, and then you get to a section where the police cotton on to what's happening, so you then receive another set of targets with a very strict time limit and police defence. It feels like the end of the Godfather :) There's a nice variety with the targets too.

On the List: This one is very similar to Judging the Jury, although it's much shorter. A really nice variety of targets though.

No Hay Bronca: I really like this one because it feels like something out of Boyz in the Hood. We don[t get many proper shootouts with the gangs in East Los Santos where you're actually running around on foot in the ghetto.

The Los Santos Connection: One of the bigger missions with multiple stages. The only downside is that the shootouts feel slightly bland (although that may just be because I've done them a lot).

Stocks and Scares: This one has you break into the Merryweather compound and hack a safe while Merryweather guards come at you. The feeling of having one guy hack the safe while the others defend is probably the most heist like of all the missions I did.

A Titan of a Job: Similar to the Los Santos Connection, only you get to fly (and land) a Titan.

Hit 'Em Up: A nice shootout mission where you hit multiple well guarded targets. The finale is a good room clearing section at the motel in Los Alamos that makes it feel unique.

Docks to Stock: This one involves stealing a Cargobo from Zancudo, and then using it to steal a container. It's fun and unique.

Landing Strip: A short mission, but it makes the list because you get to steal and then land a plane after your buddies clear a runway.

Chumash and Grab: A short mission, but it makes the list because you get a good sniping section, and then some nice boat combat.

Diamonds are for Trevor: A short mission, but it makes the list because you get some boat combat, which is a nice change of pace.

Mastah

This Week in GTA Online: Biker Bonuses, Vehicle Discounts and More

b820294733c55bf32db0be5087f740dbe975f99e.png

BIKER DISCOUNTS AND DOUBLE GTA$ & RP ON CLUBHOUSE CONTRACTS

Through May 15th, Motorcycle Clubs of Los Santos will benefit from a GTA$ & RP boost when running Biker Contract Missions - you can find and launch these lucrative missions from the meeting room in your Clubhouse. If you're a budding entrepreneur with an affinity for leather and yet to set up your MC, we've got you covered with a 25% discount on:

Biker Clubhouses
Biker Clubhouse Customizations
Biker Business Properties

25% OFF SELECT VEHICLES

Whether you're looking to expand your vehicle collection or diversify your airborne portfilio, grab a 25% discount on the following fan-favorites:

Nagasaki Shotaro
Progen T20
Western Company Annihilator
Nagasaki Buzzard
Karin Technical (both prices)
Vapid Desert Raid
Vapid Trophy Truck

DISCOUNTS ON WEAPONS, AMMO & ARMOR

Beef up your personal armory and protect your neck with a 25% discount on:

Vehicle Armor
Bullet Proof Tires
Body Armor
Explosive Ammo (including throwables)
Rocket Launchers
Grenade Launchers

EXTENDED BONUSES

Keep the cash flowing by jumping into GTA Online today for a 25% increased payout on Special Cargo Deliveries and Double GTA$ & RP on Tiny Racers.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...swire&utm_content=gtao-bikersbonuses-05022017

snacknuts

we all knew her
Rockstar started to send the 425K money bonus for those who played last week.

Got mine last night.

Just FYI in case you guys didn't know, you can do the MC contract missions that are currently paying double in an invite-only session. You can't do your normal MC business work, but it's a nice way to take advantage of the bonus without having to deal with griefers.

ZOONAMI

So I bought a boat from dock tease, got a text saying it is in vehicle storage. I don't have Pegasus in my phone book. It's not in my garage.

Where is my boat?

Mastah

Double GTA$ & RP Payouts in GTA Online: Heists This Week (May 9th – 15th)

Get doubly rewarded this week for taking down the lucrative scores from GTA Online: Heists, as all five of these multi-tiered cooperative missions will be dishing out twice as much GTA$ and RP from May 9th - 15th.

And please note that while the payouts for special bonuses like the All In Order Challenge and Criminal Mastermind Challenge are still active, Double GTA$ and RP do not apply to them.

ADDITIONAL ONGOING BONUSES IN GTA ONLINE

Don't forget to take full advantage of all the other discounts and bonuses currently active in GTA Online, from Double GTA$ & RP on Biker Contract Missions to bonus payouts on Special Cargo Deliveries, 25% off select Vehicles and more. Get the full rundown at the Social Club Events Page.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...s-in-GTA-Online-Heists-This-Week-May-9th-15th

Mastah

Double GTA$ & RP on Rockstar Stunt Races, Juggernaut, Resurrection & More

2faf127733d7f1ed30c4045cf78cd04c10c2a55b.png

There are many paths to success and excess you can take over the coming days in GTA Online - with Double GTA$ & RP on offer in four distinct modes. Now through May 25th, stay in the black by painting the town blood red with Double GTA$ & RP in Juggernaut and Resurrection. If you're more comfortable behind the wheel than gunning down your adversaries, you can also earn Double GTA$ & RP in any of the many adrenaline-inducing Rockstar Created Stunt or Special Vehicle Races.

25% OFF THE GP1, INFERNUS CLASSIC AND MORE

Also starting today and running through May 25th, cut costs while cutting corners with 25% off any of the vehicles from Cunning Stunts: Special Vehicle Circuit, including:

Hijak Ruston
Progen GP1
Pegassi Infernus Classic
Grotti Turismo Classic

Once you've picked up your new ride, take 25% off the price tag on the following vehicle modifications:

Transmission upgrades
Brakes
Exhausts
Spoilers
Engine upgrades
Turbo upgrades

Finally, complete the look while you're out on the track with 25% off all Cunning Stunts clothing.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60204/Double-GTA-RP-on-Rockstar-Stunt-Races-Juggernaut-Resurrection-More?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_term=newswire&utm_content=gtao-doublegta$rpbonuses-05162017

snacknuts

we all knew her
Looks like I'll probably go ahead and pull the trigger on the Turismo and/or Infernus. I like the looks of the Infernus a LOT more, but the Turismo is a much better car. Hmm...

Looks like I'll probably go ahead and pull the trigger on the Turismo and/or Infernus. I like the looks of the Infernus a LOT more, but the Turismo is a much better car. Hmm...
FWIW, the Turismo is very nice to drive.

I'm wondering if I should get the Infernus - I don't need it for racing, so it'd purely be as a 'fun' car. I currently have the biggest bank balance I've ever had in GTAO at $16 million, but the gunrunning DLC can't be far away and I'm sure that'll be expensive as hell - and might offer a lot of vehicles I like more than the Infernus. I don't know.

Top Bottom