• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA Online PS4/XB1 |OT| Just ignore the bodies (and look forward to heists)

snacknuts

we all knew her
That's midday in my timezone (AEST) unfortunately, so would only work if you're on at 9:30/10 PM on a Friday or Saturday night.

Well, I am actually planning to take next Tue off to play with all the new stuff (I have almost two months' worth of PTO accrued at work, so fuck it). I was hoping to spend the day working for other people so I can get some exposure to missions, vehicles, etc. before buying anything myself. I'd be happy to pal around with you.

Gunrunning is live.

LIJgqgL.png

GNJH2lq.png

All of the new stuff is on the Warstock site (apart from the bunker), there are no new vehicles on any of the other pages.

Warstock:
Ballistic Equipment: $500,000 (Pegasus delivered juggernaut outfit and minigun?)
Anti-Aircraft Trailer: $1,400,000 - $1,862,000
Weaponized Tampa: $1,585,000 - $2,108,050
Oppressor: $2,650,000 - $3,524,500 (rocket bike)
Half-Track: $1,695,000 - $2,254,350
Dune FAV: $850,000 - $1,130,500
APC: $2,325,000 - $3,092,250

MOC: Starts at $1,225,000

Bunkers:
Chumash $1,650,000
Lago Zancudo $1,550,000
Paleto Forest $1,165,000
Raton Canyon $1,450,000
Grapeseed $1,750,000
Thomson Scrapyard $2,290,000
Smoke Tree Road $2,205,000
Grand Senora Desert $2,120,000
Grand Senora Oilfields $2,035,000
Route 68 $1,950,000
Farmhouse $2,375,000

Bunker customisation:

Bunker style 1 (hewn rock): free
Bunker style 2 (blue painted rock): $215,000
Bunker style 3 (yellow painted rock and fancy light fittings): $290,000

Personal quarters: $265,000

Shooting range black targets: $740,000
Shooting range white targets: $845,000

Gun locker: $175,000

Caddy 1: $85,000
Caddy 2: $120,000

snacknuts

we all knew her
I can afford to buy any of those bunkers, but I don't know what the benefits of any location are. It seems like ease of access from the city is the biggest determining factor in the price.

25% off sales:
Vapid FMJ
Truffade Adder

I can afford to buy any of those bunkers, but I don't know what the benefits of any location are. It seems like ease of access from the city is the biggest determining factor in the price.
If the bunker missions involve going to the city, that would make sense. I'll probably get Paleto Forest with no mods just to start off (I like that it's close to an ammunation, a Pegasus spawn point, and a yacht location).

Got me the bunker near the airstrip with all the upgrades, the MOC with all the upgrades and the dune buggy. Spent around 9m and haven't even scratched the surface of the DLC, or the research upgrades.

The vehicles are fucking amazing.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
So they removed the trick where you can use a playlist to go into an empty public lobby.

Fuck this bullshit. I am not going to grind crates in a server full of hydra-flying, insurgent-driving, sticky-flinging bellends. I'm done.

snacknuts

we all knew her
So they removed the trick where you can use a playlist to go into an empty public lobby.

Fuck this bullshit. I am not going to grind crates in a server full of hydra-flying, insurgent-driving, sticky-flinging bellends. I'm done.

I don't know what platform you're on, but the MTU trick on PS4 still works for getting an empty session.

Mastah

GTA Online: Gunrunning Now Available

Dominate the illegal arms trade in Southern San Andreas with Gunrunning, the latest update to Grand Theft Auto: Online. Your career as a prolific arms dealer begins with the acquisition of a Bunker. These underground fortresses serve as your base of operations for all Gunrunning activities, and each one is equipped with a computer terminal to tap into the Disruption Logistics network.

Start a Setup mission as a CEO, MC President or a VIP to source supplies, then assign your employees to manufacturing weapons, researching upgrades or split their time between the two. Your stock will grow over time (and more quickly with Staff upgrades) and when ready, reap the profits from your business by moving your merchandise to interested buyers across Los Santos and Blaine County. To ease the entry into this underground network for new would-be entrepreneurs, the required collateral to register as a VIP has been lowered to a $50,000 minimum Maze Bank balance.

This subterranean lair also comes with a suite of comforts and options. Once you’ve chosen your property from Maze Bank Foreclosures, you can pick from a range of styles. Add a shooting range (and compete against up to 3 other players), personal quarters, a gun locker and bespoke transportation options.

When you’re ready to escalate your operation, the Bunker can store a fully road-ready Mobile Operations Center. These massive rolling strongholds are available from Warstock Cache and Carry, and serve as another property in your portfolio - complete with options for three modular bays that can be assigned to tactical services like a Command Center, personal amenities like Living Quarters, or in-house customization workshops like the two-bay Weapon & Vehicle Workshops, or the modest Personal Vehicle Storage.

WEAPONIZED VEHICLES

A brand new class of motorized mayhem. Six armed military-grade death machines offer a range of creative solutions to destroying your opposition in any combat situation, each fully customizable with exclusive mods unlocked by your Research Staff and applied in the Vehicle Workshop module:

APC – A heavy duty armored personnel carrier equipped with a turret-mounted cannon that tears through metal like a hot knife through butter. Portholes offer vantages for small arms fire for up to four heavily armed mercenaries while the armored hull can conduct combat anywhere across both land and water. Available upgrades include SAM Battery and dropping Proximity Mines for pursuers to discover.

Dune FAV - Built for post-apocalyptic doomsday enthusiasts, this lightweight, armored sandrail features a dash-mounted machine gun, and is the kind of stylish transport that will slap the slack jaws off the Yellow Jack parking lot loiterers. Upgrade options include a 40mm Grenade Launcher, 7.62mm Minigun and Proximity Mines.

Half-Track – Who says you can’t have your 4 layer quad cannon shaped cake and eat it too? Wield the all-terrain capabilities of a tank, with all the advantages of a super-loaded truck: straightforward handling, a spacious cabin, and lots of fresh air for the lunatic on the .50 cal in the back. Swap that .50 cal for Quad 20mm Autocannons and add Proximity Mines from your MOC’s Vehicle Workshop.

Oppressor – It’s a motorcycle that flies. As if you need to know anything else, this rocket-powered hyperbike offers all your principles of flight in one package; thrust, extendable wings for lift and drag, and a front-mounted machine gun for good, clean fun. Poor aim? Upgrade the machine gun to Missiles.

Weaponized Tampa - The familiar muscle car gets a weaponized facelift now supporting a top-mounted Minigun and industrial-grade armor. Upgrades include Front Missile Launchers, Rear-Firing Mortar and Proximity Mines.

Anti-Aircraft Trailer - What you choose to reduce to smoking rubble with this thing is your business, and the sky is most definitely not the limit. Comes towed by a Vapid Sadler as standard, and artillery can be upgraded to Dual 20mm Autocannons or a Homing Missile Battery.

This new breed of mobile weaponry means a whole new frontier of criminal enterprise. As you complete supply missions and as your Gunrunning business flourishes, unlock and launch Mobile Operations from your Mobile Operations Center. Complete each to unlock the Warstock Trade Price.

MK II WEAPONS UPGRADES

A huge range of tactical customizations are made possible by MK II upgrades available exclusively from your Mobile Operation Center’s Weapon Workshop. MK II variants of the Pistol, SMG, Heavy Sniper, Combat MG, Assault Rifle and Carbine Rifle deliver a wealth of options including new magazines packing tracer, incendiary, armor piercing, hollow point and other types of rounds. Add Night Vision, Holographic and Thermal Scopes, new grips, suppressors, Muzzle Brakes, Liveries, Tints and much more.

NEW CLOTHES, TATTOOS & HAIRCUTS

This season, the boutiques and salons of Los Santos are ready to kit you out in the very latest in mercenary survivalist chic: camo parkas, ex-military berets, heavy duty combat boots, menacing tats, and buzzcuts.

BONUS UNLOCKS, DISCOUNTS & MORE

Head over the Social Club Events page for details on all of this week's weapons, vehicle and ammo discounts as well as a number of exclusive clothing unlocks, including the new white Hawk & Little Hoodie (pictured above) and an in-game version of the Rockstar Class of '98 Tee that was recently added to the Rockstar Warehouse collection. Plus, stay tuned to the Newswire over the coming days for details on the Gunrunning Snapmatic Contest, Rockstar Editor Contest, Social Club Sweepstakes & plenty more!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...ire&utm_content=gtaonline-gunrunning-06132017

Patch notes:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/115008752188

Tigress

If it makes you feel better you are are not alone. And I feel just as strongly as you.

Hopefully the other person I replied to's trick works. Also, from this Reddit post is a link to some communities dedicated to making peaceful lobbies.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheft...ox_one_chill_lobbies_for_mc_product_delivery/

I don't know what platform you're on, but the MTU trick on PS4 still works for getting an empty session.

If this works it may be savable yet. But yeah, I'm done with online if I have to play with randoms.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If it makes you feel better you are are not alone. And I feel just as strongly as you.

Hopefully the other person I replied to's trick works. Also, from this Reddit post is a link to some communities dedicated to making peaceful lobbies.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheft...ox_one_chill_lobbies_for_mc_product_delivery/

If this works it may be savable yet. But yeah, I'm done with online if I have to play with randoms.

Was this playlist the thing we used to do? They got rid of the "change the year" thing?

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
I'll try that MTU thing, thanks. I mean, I don't mind playing in the virtual Mogadishu that is a public lobby normally, otherwise I wouldn't have put over a thousand hours into this thing. But when CEO and MC business work makes the potential fruits of multiple hours of grinding dependent on the whims of some hormonal preteen armed with a jumpjet, then I want to put as much distance between said chucklefucks and myself as possible.

I've got just over a million at the moment, and only a small warehouse, so maybe I should buy another warehouse. My main worry is whether R* will patch that method as well, because then that's just wasted money.

Was this playlist the thing we used to do? They got rid of the "change the year" thing?
The playlist technique is what xbone players were using, and the date and time technique is what PS4 players were using. Both have now been patched.

The MTU technique (from before the date and time trick was public knowledge) will still work; unfortunately it's a pain in the arse compared to the 12 second date and time trick.

EDIT: we know what the drip feed vehicles are:

Supercars:
Ocelot XA21 (Jaguar C-X75) - $2,375,000
Vagner (Aston Martin Valkyrie) - $1,535,000

Sports Classics:
Torero (Lamborghini Countach) - $998,000
Ardent (Lotus Esprit) - $1,150,000
Cheetah2 (Ferrari Testarossa) - $865,000

Nightshark (T-98 Kombat) - $1,245,000

Both the Ardent and Nightshark are Warstock vehicles, which makes me wonder if that Lotus Esprit might have a James Bond trick up its sleeve. I would've thought that the prices on the C-X75 and Valkyrie might've been reversed too, because that Valkyrie in real life will probably take the hypercar performance crown when it's released.

Tigress

Lonestar!!! I didn't know we did a playlist thing. We did the year thing and yes, that apparently is gone (I'm fucking done with this game if there isn't another workaround). Sadly I'm not sure if there is a way for us to play together with the mtu workaround, that may work only for solo play exclusively.

Lonestar!!! I didn't know we did a playlist thing. We did the year thing and yes, that apparently is gone (I'm fucking done with this game if there isn't another workaround). Sadly I'm not sure if there is a way for us to play together with the mtu workaround, that may work only for solo play exclusively.
With the right MTU setting your friends can join on you, but you won't be able to do anything outside of free roam (i.e. nothing that requires a lobby). It sucks compared to the year thing.

Tigress

With the right MTU setting your friends can join on you, but you won't be able to do anything outside of free roam (i.e. nothing that requires a lobby). It sucks compared to the year thing.

What do you mean by requires a lobby? Do you mean like CEO missions or drug smuggling? Cause if so, what's the difference then between the MTU thing with the right settings and just plain being in a invitation/crew/friends only lobby?

Both the Ardent and Nightshark are Warstock vehicles, which makes me wonder if that Lotus Esprit might have a James Bond trick up its sleeve.

Oh shit they've listened.

What do you mean by requires a lobby? Do you mean like CEO missions or drug smuggling? Cause if so, what's the difference then between the MTU thing with the right settings and just plain being in a invitation/crew/friends only lobby?

Lobby = missions, races, etc.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I'm kind of shocked that the new assault vehicles can be stored in our garages. Also, the rocket bike is pretty much the best thing ever.

So what bunkers did people get, and how are they finding them location-wise? I've got a tonne of money saved up ($35mil) but held off on buying a bunker until we knew a bit more about how they were used, and how the MOC interacted with them.

At the moment I'm tossing up between the Farmhouse and Thomson Scrapyard ones, because they seem like the best two for getting to and from the city quickly and easily.

Do I have it right that Supply requests and Product sales can only be started from within the bunker itself? Can the MOC only be used to start the new special vehicle missions, or can it be used to request Supplies and sell Product too?

Tigress

So what bunkers did people get, and how are they finding them location-wise? I've got a tonne of money saved up ($35mil) but held off on buying a bunker until we knew a bit more about how they were used, and how the MOC interacted with them.

At the moment I'm tossing up between the Farmhouse and Thomson Scrapyard ones, because they seem like the best two for getting to and from the city quickly and easily.

Do I have it right that Supply requests and Product sales can only be started from within the bunker itself? Can the MOC only be used to start the new special vehicle missions, or can it be used to request Supplies and sell Product too?

The Thomson scrapyard one is right by a gang attack so that was a big fat no by me. The farm one though really expensive has a good location as most supply missions are in the city. The grape seed one is not so great access to the city (but better than others) has good airport access, and decent access to the street as well as decent landing space by it (though some have better) and is one of the cheaper ones. Besides the good I see about it though (good access to an airport being the main thing and not so far from my motorcycle club and businesses), the sole fact it's a little more inconvenient for supply missions makes me wonder if I should have thought harder about location. It at least isn't too far from the highway though.

MOC for special missions and upgrading your weapons and vehicles. Bunker for supply missions and selling. Also you can only upgrade weapons and vehicles with upgrades you have researched at your bunker (and what you research is random, you can only tell it to research, not what).

The Thomson scrapyard one is right by a gang attack so that was a big fat no by me. The farm one though really expensive has a good location as most supply missions are in the city. The grape seed one is not so great access to the city (but better than others) has good airport access, and decent access to the street as well as decent landing space by it (though some have better) and is one of the cheaper ones. Besides the good I see about it though (good access to an airport being the main thing and not so far from my motorcycle club and businesses), the sole fact it's a little more inconvenient for supply missions makes me wonder if I should have thought harder about location. It at least isn't too far from the highway though.

MOC for special missions and upgrading your weapons and vehicles. Bunker for supply missions and selling. Also you can only upgrade weapons and vehicles with upgrades you have researched at your bunker (and what you research is random, you can only tell it to research, not what).
Thanks Tigress, that info about the gang attack was awesome and exactly what I was looking for. I might get the farmhouse one, will scope out landing spots around it tonight to see if they're ok.

snacknuts

we all knew her
If I could do it over again I would just drop a few hundred thousand extra for the farmhouse location, but it's not that big of a deal. I opted for Grapeseed and wish I was closed to the highway.

edgefusion

I can't afford any of this stuff. :(

Did they do something to character faces with this update? I'm sure my guys skin is different, smoother?

I got the airfield one and now I regret it, every single fucking resupply mission is inside the city. Should've gone with the ones near the highways (the Chumash one I think would be my pick now).

Played around with the new content with some friends. Aside from the new vehicles, most of this stuff feels copy paste. I like how they have found unique ways to work around the engine with the mobile command center, but the scenery is getting a little old. We need a new island or something. LS and the surrounding are just an overrun circus at this point.

The import export update felt like a breath of fresh air, but this just feels like a silly mod stacked on top of the Bikers update. I don't see myself dedicating any time to research or the grindy missions to fill stock and sell. Then again I have largely avoided similar modes in VIP and Bikers.

And I totally get why R* is forcing all of this into public lobbies and I fully expected them to patch solo public methods, but after our very first vehicle mission we were already getting spawn killed by a bunch of level 50s. We got our revenge 1000 fold, but that kind of set the tone for the night. Sometimes you just want to chill and enjoy the game and being filled with lead after a 2 minute loading screen is just...

/rant

Essay

I can't afford any of this stuff. :(

Did they do something to character faces with this update? I'm sure my guys skin is different, smoother?

Strangely enough, I noticed the freckles on my character seemed more prominent last night, especially on the arms. Hadn't played for awhile though, so I could be misremembering how it was before.

I got the airfield one and now I regret it, every single fucking resupply mission is inside the city. Should've gone with the ones near the highways (the Chumash one I think would be my pick now).
I ended up getting the farmhouse and have been very happy - of the six supply missions I've done, five have been in East Los Santos (the other was over the Alamo Sea), so the farmhouse has been perfect.

the farm house bunker is really annoying to drive the MOC out of
I hadn't really thought about it, but that might be true. I've only driven the MOC out once and didn't really think about it. My first research unlocked the rear turrets for it though, so I might start using it more :)

Played around with the new content with some friends. Aside from the new vehicles, most of this stuff feels copy paste. I like how they have found unique ways to work around the engine with the mobile command center, but the scenery is getting a little old. We need a new island or something. LS and the surrounding are just an overrun circus at this point.

The import export update felt like a breath of fresh air, but this just feels like a silly mod stacked on top of the Bikers update. I don't see myself dedicating any time to research or the grindy missions to fill stock and sell. Then again I have largely avoided similar modes in VIP and Bikers.
Some of my thoughts so far:
  • The bunker is really big inside, but a lot of it is just useless space that just makes it slightly annoying to run (or very slowly drive) around.
  • The research stuff is such an ungodly grind.
  • The gun range challenges are very difficult, but also kind of fun. I like the unlocks and the free molotovs.
  • The MOC seems very powerful with the turrets manned. It's a bitch to drive in the city because it's so damn wide (won't fit through the toll booths at the ports for example), and I've learned that I don't understand how to reverse an articulated vehicle :)
  • The first 3 vehicle missions are OK, but not mind blowing.
  • The supply missions are actually really good, the most interesting ones of their kind by a country mile. I'm actually really enjoying them.
  • The new clothes they've added are good, although I think they could have done some more interesting stuff with that military theme.
  • The weapon upgrades look very interesting. I've modded my SMG, assault rifle, carbine rifle, and heavy sniper, and some of the new weapon models look way better than the old ones. Like current gen versions vs previous gen versions.

And I totally get why R* is forcing all of this into public lobbies and I fully expected them to patch solo public methods, but after our very first vehicle mission we were already getting spawn killed by a bunch of level 50s. We got our revenge 1000 fold, but that kind of set the tone for the night. Sometimes you just want to chill and enjoy the game and being filled with lead after a 2 minute loading screen is just...
I was walking out of ammunation over near the port (SE) with my buddy when some random level 50 drove up and opened fire. I saw this happening but thought I'd give him the benefit of the doubt by not shooting first, but as soon as he fired I gunned him down instantly. I'm not sure why a level 50 though he should take on a level 300+ guy and his CEO organisation associate. We even had a bloody turreted limo parked out the front lol. I think that at that level people seem to have enough confidence to try it on, without enough experience to know what they're in for. A "too young to know, too old to listen" situation :)

I've been lucky though, that was literally the only time last night in about four hours of playtime that another player even came after us. Maybe because I got on quite late (local time), so most of the players were probably older.

EDIT: Although we were mostly travelling in groups using heavy vehicles (Buzzard, turreted limo, armed Insurgent, etc.), so not exactly low hanging fruit I guess.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the new vehicles? So far I've only bought two, the APC and Oppressor.

APC:
I've seen a lot of people slagging this off, but I think it's amazing. As driver you can't shoot out of it in any way, but if you bring it to a complete stop you can switch (very quickly) to the gunner seat by pressing right on the d-pad, and the default weapon is basically a tank cannon.

It has a very low top speed, but it actually accelerates quite quickly, has a lot of torque for getting up steep obstacles, is amphibious (although reverse in the water = about 1 km/h), looks very intimidating with the right livery (useful in freeroam), has awesome clearance allowing it to drive straight over many obstacles, and it is completely impervious to gun fire from the rear. It's become my de facto vehicle for supply missions, supplanting the Insurgent.

Oppressor (rocket bike):
This thing is amazing, easily the funnest vehicle in GTA. In addition to having a rocket boost like the rocket voltic, this thing can also take off and glide insane distances using its deplorable wings. By default it ships with a (useless) machine gun, but you can research homing rockets for it. I haven't used it in combat yet, but for just having fun this thing is amazing :)

I'm curious to hear about the Halftrack, AA trailer, and Weaponized Tampa if anyone has those. The Tampa sounds pretty interesting to me with the full 360 degree driver turret you can research: seems like that might make it one of the absolute best vehicles in the game for car chases.

I'm currently working on (grinding) a Tampa build as it's basicallly what I've wanted since I started playing GTA O; a muscle car with a mounted mini gun. I'll let you know how it goes after I've rolled the dice on this research thing a few times.

Oh and hitching the MOC to a Phantom Wedge with some friends on the cannons is pretty much the best thing ever.

Tigress

can you call these to your location like a personal vehicle? that would be amazing.

also where are these stored, in a garage or in a menu?

They are personal vehicles and take up space in your garage and cost you money if they get destroyed (the APC or whatever it is supposedly costs 20,000 if you destroy it). Personally, I'd take them being a Pegassus vehicle over that :(. Good side is I guess you can customize them and that's pretty cool. Or... the better thing, being like the special vehicles for import/export where you can call them to you, you can customize them, but they stay in the vehicle garage and don't cost you money if they get exploded. Bad side to them is that if you have a personal vehicle out or they are already out in the world you cannot call them to you.

SiteSeer

They are personal vehicles and take up space in your garage and cost you money if they get destroyed (the APC or whatever it is supposedly costs 20,000 if you destroy it). Personally, I'd take them being a Pegassus vehicle over that :(. Good side is I guess you can customize them and that's pretty cool. Or... the better thing, being like the special vehicles for import/export where you can call them to you, you can customize them, but they stay in the vehicle garage and don't cost you money if they get exploded. Bad side to them is that if you have a personal vehicle out or they are already out in the world you cannot call them to you.

i guess we can't have our cake and eat it too. i was hoping it'd be like the import/export special vehicles with all the benefits like you said ... oh well ... can't wait to get the apc and oppressor though.

Broughy is reporting that they broke downforce in the Gunrunning update, so any of the vehicles which use it are now much slower. It means that the RE-7B is no longer the quickest car in the game around his track. The first drop feed vehicle (Vagner) uses it though, so hopefully R* will have it fixed for that.

Also, Public Service Announcement:
If you intend to do the shooting range challenges in your bunker, don't upgrade the SMG, Assault Rifle, or Carbine rifle until after you've completed them. The unmodified weapons have access to drum/box magazines that the MK2 variants don't, so if you upgrade those weapons you probably won't be able to complete the challenges.

i guess we can't have our cake and eat it too. i was hoping it'd be like the import/export special vehicles with all the benefits like you said ... oh well ... can't wait to get the apc and oppressor though.
On the bright side, you can use all of the weaponized vehicles in contact missions apparently, and you can use the Dune FAV, Halftrack, and Weaponized Tampa in heists.

The Oppressor is considered a regular bike if you're in an MC too, so you can return it to storage and then warp it back next to you instantly (with the 20 missiles refilled).

snacknuts

we all knew her
I wish the Tampa had some kind of option to engage/disengage the turret so it didn't feel like driving a high-speed tank. Having to always manually adjust my camera is a bit frustrating.

I wish the Tampa had some kind of option to engage/disengage the turret so it didn't feel like driving a high-speed tank. Having to always manually adjust my camera is a bit frustrating.
If you've unlocked rockets for it then you can just switch to those I think. That works in the MOC mission for it anyway (I had the same problem).

#noneedforelectriccarts
Haha, I'm going to have to give that a crack :)

Uh, somehow I'm ranked #1 in the GAF crew even though it hasn't been my active crew in almost a year. What contributes to this score? The ranking shows for overall RP, but I don't see how that's possible.

Top Bottom