• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An actual Games on Demand sale next week! $4/$5 games! Finally Microsoft!

Rimfya

Banned
If we buy these crummy games -- is that sending the wrong message to MS?

I'm interested in Dark Void at $5 but I'd rather see better games at that price point, too.

If this goes well you will see more sales like this. MS is trying a Steam approach...

They can't really do this with GFWL because nobody really buys from them but on Xbox Live where they have basically mastered digital sales for consoles they will see a huge increase in points purchased and will start doing this more often.

Majority of this list is SHIT. I would have given a rats ass about some of them back in 2007/2008 when I used to find movie based easy games to boost my gamer score.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
They need to put up multi disc games on demand, like the Mass Effects.

LA Noire is on there, but I think you only download one disc at a time, the download says 6.67 GB. God, I can't imagine having to download disc 2 when it says to swap discs.

Gowans

Party Animals is worth it for the race mode.

I'll grab Sega Superstars Tennis I think if there a few quid in the UK too.

Knox

I guess this is a step in the right direction for consoles. If you're used to Steam deals all of this looks silly as shit, but for Xbox I guess it's a start.

The only game I ever bought and will ever buy over GWFL was Age of Empires III when it was on sale for $0.10 a while back. It didn't work.

Also, it should be noted that the Steam summer sale is coming up in a week or so so most of those games will be on sale for even better prices.

goldenpp72

Heh, I think i'm still good at PDZ if anyone ever wants to roll. Some of these are worth a shot at 5 bucks, kameo is great, as is pdz multi, bionic commando is fun if the appeal of the grapple is a good hook for you.

If this goes well you will see more sales like this. MS is trying a Steam approach...

They can't really do this with GFWL because nobody really buys from them

Except for that one time when;

The only game I ever bought and will ever buy over GWFL was Age of Empires III when it was on sale for $0.10 a while back.

the time before the time before the last time they said they were going to treat GFWL seriously and focus some attention on it.

Fox Mulder

They can't really do this with GFWL because nobody really buys from them but on Xbox Live where they have basically mastered digital sales for consoles they will see a huge increase in points purchased and will start doing this more often.

Live will never be like steam. If MS is trying to see if people like sales with shitty games, then we won't see much come out of it. This is like when they put a half assed xbox originals library up for $15 each and quit doing it.

Danielsan

Even if the games were great, I wouldn't be able to indulge. The sad life of a original 20GB 360 owner.

I wish I could find a really cheap 120GB HDD somewhere.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Thinking of giving Blazing Angels a go, and maybe giving Prince of Persia another chance.

Really sad looking list though Microsoft. You'd think they could've come up with some better games considering they're not physically selling you anything.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Let's see.. never played Perfect Dark Zero or Kameo or Sega Tennis, so I'll grab all three of those and grab Rockstar Table Tennis.

Maybe Surfs Up if the achievements truly are easy.

Z_Y

Even if the games were great, I wouldn't be able to indulge. The sad life of a original 20GB 360 owner.

How cheap? Knock-off drives work fine. You may lose BC but that can easily be corrected. I bought a 250GB knock off over a year ago for around $60.

You can use any USB device as a storage device nowadays. Only up to 32GB per device can be used though.

People really will bitch about anything.

Conan is still in the $20 range new at all the retailers I've seen so I'll be snagging that. Looks like you save a couple bucks on PoP too so I'll probably grab that as well.

BioHazard

Can't wait for tommorrow, great sale. I think I may actually buy Bomberman, oh gosh. And maybe double dip on some games, have a bit of an itch for GRAW.

Gotta get my Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs on too

I would recommend Prince of Persia, its great! I played Dark Void on PC, the first few minutes of flying around like The Rocketeer is awesome. Needless to say, the rest the the game goes down pretty quickly. I still had fun playing it though.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So this sale is up and it appears it's not Prince of Persia 2008 on sale, but The Forgotten Sands. LOL

I73ny.png

C4Lukins

Most of the games are not showing the correct price yet. And some like Sega Tennis show the 4.99 price, but when you try and checkout it says 19.99, so be careful.

I will buy PoP 2008 actually if that's the one on sale.

I already got FS on Steam awhile ago back for $5 (which makes me think FS is actually on sale) and I've never played it.

clockpunk

Very disappointed to learn that it is PoP: Forgotten Sands that is discounted, not the cell-shaded version (with no subtitle).

Damnation - for that was the only title I was going to purchase...

Top Bottom