• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An actual Games on Demand sale next week! $4/$5 games! Finally Microsoft!

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Very disappointed to learn that it is PoP: Forgotten Sands that is discounted, not the cell-shaded version (with no subtitle).
Forgotten Sands certainly isn't as visually interesting as 2008, but gameplay-wise? It's the best modern PoP by a mile. And that includes last gen's trilogy.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
I totally forgot about Rockstar Table Tennis, can't wait for next gen to start again so we get more of that stuff.

Rockstar Table Tennis is not only one of the best sports games ever made, it is also one of Rockstar's best games this generation. Everyone should buy it.

What is so good about it? I keep hearing all this praise but it is not coming through from the videos.

It's an awesome game and I agree that it's one of R* best. You really have to play it to understand why it is so "fun". especially when you get an epic volley going back and forth! Me and my buddy used to play this for hours when it came out. I own the disc still but I think I'm going to go ahead and pay the 5 bucks for the download.

What is so good about it? I keep hearing all this praise but it is not coming through from the videos.
It's kind of intangible: the combination of amazing graphics (for the time), great controls and sweet music. You just have to play it. I still boot it up and play it even now, 6 years later.

Ledsen

Very disappointed to learn that it is PoP: Forgotten Sands that is discounted, not the cell-shaded version (with no subtitle).

Damnation - for that was the only title I was going to purchase...

You should be grateful since FS is a great game while 2008 is shit.

Sordid

Does Blazing Angels have co-op? Might go for it if so. Snagged Table Tennis, Conan and Dark Void so far. Some weird conversions going on with Microsoft points though, Table Tennis was £3.99 or 400 points, Dark Void was £3.99 or 480 points and Conan was £2.99 or 400 points :/

thelastword

Banned
Anybody knows how long this sale will be on for? I've wanted to purchase Conan on the 360 since it has achievements over the PS3 version, I would not mind Graw and Surfs Up either.

So is this a week long sale, what is it?

Struct09

Anybody knows how long this sale will be on for? I've wanted to purchase Conan on the 360 since it has achievements over the PS3 version, I would not mind Graw and Surfs Up either.

So is this a week long sale, what is it?

Goes until 6/25. Says so in the pic in the OP.

It's an awesome game and I agree that it's one of R* best. You really have to play it to understand why it is so "fun". especially when you get an epic volley going back and forth! Me and my buddy used to play this for hours when it came out. I own the disc still but I think I'm going to go ahead and pay the 5 bucks for the download.

It's kind of intangible: the combination of amazing graphics (for the time), great controls and sweet music. You just have to play it. I still boot it up and play it even now, 6 years later.

Convinced my friend to get it, now I have someone to play online with.

Cheddahz

Banned
I think I might get PoP: TFS, I have been wanting to play it for some time and getting it on Games on Demand is the cheapest way to get it at the moment

PaulLFC

Conan is only £2.99 in the UK - well worth that.

No idea why Sega Superstars Tennis is £4.99 when it's only $5 in the US though. Currency conversion on the discounted games is all over the place - some are cheaper than they should be, some are more expensive.

Edit: Bionic Commando is £14.99
KuGsj.gif
what?

Gaspode_T

I wouldnt be surprised if the wrong PoP was put on sale by mistake...I was poking around trying to see if any other things like that are there, and my Xbox decided to give me 2 red rings (overheating?), it really doesnt want me to play Tornado Outbreak...

Surprised to see the MSP conversion works out to be 320 points for Canada, not that I'm complaining.

Too bad Kameo isn't available here, I'd like to go through that game again.

A proper sale instead of pittance discounts? Why, such a milestone has to be properly celebrated. And what better way of doing so than with blood and teats? Conan it is!

ultron87

I have Forgotten Sands on PS3 but never played it (it was 10 dollars last Black Friday or something).

I'm a horrible person if I buy it off this for the achievements, right?

Got Conan and Kameo,

not sure if this helps or hurts the "reasonably priced DD games but should still be timely/relevant" momentum...

picked up blazing angels, conan and PoP.

would have picked up PDZ but it's not available on the canadian marketplace for some reason.

are any of the movie tie in games at least decent platformers?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Edit 3: Price Of Persia TFS is supposed to be $3.99 as noted above. You may see it as $4.99 right now, so please wait to purchase it as the price in the system is being corrected.

Dammit, I already purchased it.

Rockstars table tennis and surfs up are best games on there.

Games on demand is still a joke.

Those are definitley the best two games there.

I would like to add Bionic Commando for it's incredibly fun multiplayer. Unfortunately not many people played it and it died out. The garbage singleplayer didn't help it either.

If you have doubts about why Surfs Up is good or not, just play the demo and see for yourself. Rockstar's Table Tennis is my favorite sports game.... yes even more so than mario power tennis

Edit 3: Price Of Persia TFS is supposed to be $3.99 as noted above. You may see it as $4.99 right now, so please wait to purchase it as the price in the system is being corrected.

Dammit, I already purchased it.

Same here. Oh well, it's not like I paid for those points anyhow.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I think I'll get Conan but I own all the other decent games on that list. Still, I hope the sale is a success and we get some more recent titles next time.

Stat!

I've been looking for a physical copy of Table Tennis forever. Couldn't find it and not for this cheap (I could order it for $20 but I didn't want to).

Top Bottom