• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sports Bar VR is some next level stuff!

Codiox

Is there any noticeable lag or stuttering when playing with five other people online?

What connections and distances are supported?

The first game I tried had horrible lag for the games, but the second one I tried yesterday was flawless. Played for 2h without one lag or hick up.

Also I need more buddy's to play with! Add me: C0D10X

Anyone in the US grab this yet? Anyone online with it?

Just played online in a lobby with 5 other people and holy crap it was so much fun!!! I now understand why people say social vr is going to be huge. It was definitely a little laggy though, but that didn't stop me from having fun.

trikster40

Is the game better sitting or standing? My friend and I are looking for a game to play online together but he doesn't have room to stand. Can anyone give me some insight?

So immersive, snooker champ Ronnie O'Sullivan falls for it literally

nZzD2E.gif
Holy shit I'm in tears. I feel his pain. In London Heist I was chilling and smoking a cigar and went to rest my elbows on the virtual table not once but twice.

Luigiv

Read the title as "Sports Bra VR", now I am disappointed.

Edit: Oops, didn't realise this was an old thread.

Codiox

Are you guys just finsing a decent amount of people online? Think I want to get this...

Yes there are even more people than before because of the new content update and sale. Get it, it's fun for many hours.

The games I like the most are pool and chess. Can play them for hours.

akileese

Weird that it only has 3 stars on the store. Goes against the impressions here quite a bit.

It wasn't great the first day or two it was out. A lot of problems with it (latency, jitter, just poor controls all together). From what I've read they've fixed it a lot and from my brief reentry that seems true.

You can do private games correct? Maybe we can get a GAF room together one night this weekend and have a bunch of people play some games. Seems like that could be fun!

People that are unable to set up everything properly. The game works just fine.

This is horseshit. The game is janky as hell.

I still want to see these mythical perfect Air Hockey and Skee Ball games where everything behaves the way it should and the balls and puck dont just skip around and disappear. Darts barely works to because of the natural motion you make by putting your hand in front of your face..which makes the tracking spaz out.

I will always give them credit for the social space..its cool to spawn in a "hangout" and throw juke boxes at each other. If thats worth ten bucks to you then have fun.

Mendrox

This is horseshit. The game is janky as hell.

I still want to see these mythical perfect Air Hockey and Skee Ball games where everything behaves the way it should and the balls and puck dont just skip around and disappear. Darts barely works to because of the natural motion you make by putting your hand in front of your face..which makes the tracking spaz out.

I will always give them credit for the social space..its cool to spawn in a "hangout" and throw juke boxes at each other. If thats worth ten bucks to you then have fun.

No it isn't. I didn't have any problems at all with a mate in online mode. There could be some lag, but it depends on the connection itself. If you have set it up right and have enough space, you won't have any problems or you should restart your console/get another headset. Darts is a problem cause of the headset lights, but you can easily fix that currently by playing different (not putting it infront of your face) which well isn't really darts like you are supposed to play, but I also don't see any other solution for that.

No it isn't. I didn't have any problems at all with a mate in online mode. There could be some lag, but it depends on the connection itself. If you have set it up right and have enough space, you won't have any problems or you should restart your console/get another headset. Darts is a problem cause of the headset lights, but you can easily fix that currently by playing different (not putting it infront of your face) which well isn't really darts like you are supposed to play, but I also don't see any other solution for that.

Thats a good suggestion!
Not sure why i didnt think about getting a new headset to play a 10 dollar game that barely works while the other 27 VR games i bought work 100% of the time.

Mendrox

Thats a good suggestion!
Not sure why i didnt think about getting a new headset to play a 10 dollar game that barely works while the other 27 VR games i bought work 100% of the time.

That's cool for you. So you the game just didn't work for you. Doesn't mean that it doesn't work as you can see in my case. Why are you even angry if it's just a 10 dollar game? I am sorry for you. :( Maybe you could try to set it up again. And wow 27 VR games! I have problems with Job Simulator since the begining, but Sports Bar VR works perfect. So I guess something is different in our cases.

Edit: also awesome that you have more than half of the released PSVR titles! I am jealous.

Delt31

If you already own poolnation vr, do you have to buy again and what is new to it if so? As for neo arcade – that’s another one that’s been out for some time or is this just b/c these two games are out on PSVR?

The gif of the guy falling while playing the game is such BS btw. Totally staged and the internet falls for it.

panda-zebra

Totally staged and the internet falls for it.

internet, y u so gullible?

have leaned on virtual things that are not there, umm, more than once, my son also - it happens. I also forget I have the helmet on and punch it when I go to scratch my nose or wipe my brow... I've also... hang on... this post is backfiring a bit.

If you already own poolnation vr, do you have to buy again and what is new to it if so? As for neo arcade – that’s another one that’s been out for some time or is this just b/c these two games are out on PSVR?

Mostly. Also Poolnation VR is going to get updated to this for free.

kinggroin

Banned
People that are unable to set up everything properly. The game works just fine.

Eh, I've played both the Vive and PSVR versions. The later, even when working as it should, can get janky depending on how you play. You basically have to be mindful of the PSVR's limitations and play around them.

That's not ideal.

Top Bottom