• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free games on Xbox Live if you go Oman

Plain Ben

I just went on Outlook.com in Chrome's incognito mode and selected Oman as my location on signup, did the same on Xbox.com and worked fine for me. Much thanks.

DedValve

Banned
how are people getting this to work? What exactly am I doing wrong?

EDIT: for some reason the xbox acct was in the US not Oman. Fixed now and got Sonic and SR4: season pass!

been playing wrc powerslide all morning. its a pretty good micromachines/mario kart hybrid. lots of my oman countrymen are playing online XD

Jhoan

I just went on Outlook.com in Chrome's incognito mode and selected Oman as my location on signup, did the same on Xbox.com and worked fine for me. Much thanks.
So this can be done via mobile internet too right? Because I don't have any home internet until late next week so I won't be able to get on the Xbox to access through there (my using my phone). There's a few games I want to check as well as some DLC including the Season Pass.

Jetman

So does this mess your OG account up for a month or so, or what? There has to be a downside to this lol

besides going to hell

That's actually one of the games I downloaded, glad to hear that it is not too bad

the music is awful and my only real gripe is no splitscreen; i can't stand racing games with no split screen, horizon is the only one i let get by with it. i actually woulda bought WRC for $15 if it had it. but it seems to have active online with a good lobby system, lots of unlockables. no 'season' mode but oh well, $15 game, it has a lot of cars and tracks to unlock in SP/MP

Cheddahz

Banned
the music is awful and my only real gripe is no splitscreen; i can't stand racing games with no split screen, horizon is the only one i let get by with it. i actually woulda bought WRC for $15 if it had it. but it seems to have active online with a good lobby system, lots of unlockables. no 'season' mode but oh well, $15 game, it has a lot of cars and tracks to unlock in SP/MP

That actually sounds like a blast to play (besides from the awful music) if it has a good online, glad I got it then

So does this mess your OG account up for a month or so, or what? There has to be a downside to this lol

besides going to hell

Nah, it's just a glitch. I have gotten onto XBL glitches numerous times in the past and nothing ever happens

That's a lot of games and content...if I could be bothered, I'd do it so I can get Bloodforge as that's a pretty enjoyable game from the trial but not a game I'd pay full price for...

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Just tried this, works great. Thanks alot OP!! Some hiccups with the initial setup I didnt count on. First I had to google translate most of the sign up page. Like the security question/answer. I had to manually type in the question(s) in the translater.

Next, I found out you can use any made up email address from another provider in the 'already have an email" I used one from gmail.

After that, it was a piece of cake.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
x6iITMi.png

The second thread of Silver privilege in a week, amazing.

Got Injustice this morning, really fun game.

Edit: migrating the account to your region works and tends to speed things up.

Top Bottom