• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free games on Xbox Live if you go Oman

Can you post a list?

Everything that doesn't return and error code is so it's a case of finding the stuff that doesn't. I don't have a full list but I'll post in this thread if I find more interesting stuff.

Search dragon for mass effect 2 & tomb raider I don't know why but that's how I noticed -> Sorry nevermind that's dlc you can download for free not the actual games apologies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just made an account in Oman and it said Xbox Live is not available on consoles in your region. They're actually blocking?

Yes they are just go to your recent games and press X to get details and Y to access search. A bunch of stuff will return error codes but some of it works. Probably whatever is on the server you're accessing ?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Tomb Raider and Mass Effect didn't work for me.

I saw that apparently the CoD: Ghosts season pass is up there, but I can't get it

edit: GTA V avatar items are free

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yes they are just go to your recent games and press X to get details and Y to access search. A bunch of stuff will return error codes but some of it works. Probably whatever is on the server you're accessing ?

Oh ok, I didn't actually read carefully. I was taken aback by how it was blocking

So weird that this is happening to begin with, and then that someone discovered it.

Not completely moral to exploit this. Actually, I'm just gonna cancel all these downloads. Would probably only actually pay for Sherlock Holmes, but it feels too icky.

Mugatu

So this is just an exploit and not a promotion? Is that really any more ethical than piracy?

Yeah, I was about to try it too just to see what was up there but you're right, it does seem like its just a glitch and I don't want to take advantage of someone's mistake so out.

Strangely, it gives me no option to confirm download
Hmm yep same is happening here. I'm just running through all of the games at this point since I have no moral scrupules. They made a mistake and my wallet appreciates. I'd love to figure out some correlation between the content that is available though so I could focus my search.

Moto gp 13 dlc and doa5 dlc is free as well.

bidguy

Banned
to anyone who does this, after you added everything into your dl list make sure to migrate the account to your home country. that should eliminate all errors you get.

DedValve

Banned
Did you follow the O.P? It should work.

I clicked on the site, made a new email and password and security questions and crap.

Then I downloaded the xbox profile on my xbox.

Did the whole recent games/press y to search thing. Everything is still priced.

EDIT: " Important steps here: Click on I already have an email and put in some weird shit, just remember to write it down. Same thing goes for the security question.
Obviously choose Oman."

I don't see that option anywhere. I just started filling in the boxes. I guess that was my mistake?

This worked smoothly for me (i'm in the USA), thanks OP.

To play the games on my main account i simply logged out of my Oman account, logged into my main account and the games were right their in "my games" section.

Cheddahz

Banned
I managed to grab Dark, Mars: War Logs, Ikaruga (I've been wanting this for quite some time), the GTA V Picture Pack, and WRC Powerslide. I was going to get the avatar items, but I don't think avatar items are shared among accounts on the same Xbox

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm lost, lol. Doing this on my ipad and have no idea what I'm supposed to click on the german page.

It is straight-forward on the German page, but he should have put an English link I do agree.

It's simply going to account.live.com, you may or may not have to sign in with your account that you already have, but look for the option to create a new account and the rest is just following the instructions from the OP.

You can also get arcania just follow these instructions:

Don't sign in any profile, go to your system setting, console settings, language and setting, then set it to A-U-S-T-R-I-A and leave it set to it. Then on the home tab
(still not sign on any profile), you will see an add with 2 racing cars, click on it.
In there, click RB to go to the right. There click the tile "action".
While in there, sign in to your Oman account and THEN click on the tile of Arcania.
Click download. As soon as your download aint "pending" , xbox guide-sign out.
Sign back in your Oman account without changing anything and the download should resume.
Injustice: Austria--> not sign in/home tab (as with arcania) click the batman tile-->
sign in Oman ---> click on injustice tab ---> simply download.

Also just use the outlook.com page to create the new account and then link it to a gamertag you have to it on the website as the console says xbox live isn't available in specified regions.

Avatar items for some games are free too, thief for example.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
fXYi6N3.png

?

Mugatu

You can also get arcania just follow these instructions:

Don't sign in any profile, go to your system setting, console settings, language and setting, then set it to A-U-S-T-R-I-A and leave it set to it. Then on the home tab
(still not sign on any profile), you will see an add with 2 racing cars, click on it.
In there, click RB to go to the right. There click the tile "action".
While in there, sign in to your Oman account and THEN click on the tile of Arcania.
Click download. As soon as your download aint "pending" , xbox guide-sign out.
Sign back in your Oman account without changing anything and the download should resume.
Injustice: Austria--> not sign in/home tab (as with arcania) click the batman tile-->
sign in Oman ---> click on injustice tab ---> simply download.

How on Earth do people find these things?

Lima

It is straight-forward on the German page, but he should have put an English link I do agree.

It's simply going to account.live.com, you may or may not have to sign in with your account that you already have, but look for the option to create a new account and the rest is just following the instructions from the OP.

Well I couldn't put an English link there because that shit is geotracked. I'm in Germany so I can't even get a link to the English page.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Well I couldn't put an English link there because that shit is geotracked. I'm in Germany so I can't even get a link to the English page.

Yeah, I figured as much - I hope I didn't come across as ungrateful with that comment, because this was a great find man.

Top Bottom