• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] German retailer leaks Diablo 3 exclusive for PS3

this "obscure" retailer is actually the online presentation of Germanys biggest retailer for electronic devices: Media Markt. Its like Best Buy in Germany :)

Media Markt bought redcoon, but Media Markt has its own online website and shop (by now).

And just btw. nowhere on that page does it say that Diablo is console exclusive for PS3.

GavinGT

Banned
Why are you assuming they just started working on it? It's not like Diablo 3 hasn't been in development forever. They could be 4 years deep into a console port for all we know.

I seriously doubt they would devote that much effort and planning to a console port when they know where their bread is buttered (PC). Also,

Diablo III is not coming to consoles. At least not yet, says Wilson.

"We haven't officially announced it, because we're not 'experimenting,'" he said. "We tell people that basically we're experimenting, because it helps us hire people. The better people we hire, the better chance we have to actually make it."

"That's why we haven't kept it super secret, but we also haven't confirmed it, because we're not sure yet whether we think it will work, and whether we think we have the resources to do it."

6 months is more likely than 3 years. But either way this is bullshit.

I think 2013 or 2014 would be the most likely, but anything's more likely than 2012.

So... He skillfully deflects the question in an interview? So what? That's a total non-answer. "Oh, I don't know. Sure, we've spent the last three years staffing up for a console version, but who knows if it'll be real."

GavinGT

Banned
So... He skillfully deflects the question in an interview? So what? That's a total non-answer. "Oh, I don't know. Sure, we've spent the last three years staffing up for a console version, but who knows if it'll be real."

He says they're not developing it, nor are they even experimenting with it at this point. That seems pretty clear-cut to me.

SparkTR

Would be nice but I doubt it, this close to the PC launch they're still taking care of 6 million+ gamers not including the Chinese launch. If they were stretched any thinner I'd say they'd be inclined to snap.

NHale

http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel/xbox_360/129460-diablo_iii

I think many of the retailers are jumping in on this rumor bandwagon. I doubt they have any insider information.

I doubt it's the case here but retailers definitely have info about games before they are announced at E3 (if they are going to release in the same year). For example, Shopto leaked a bunch of games early a couple of years ago before they were announced at E3.

Redcoon prices are good but that is about it. As much as I wish for Sony "domination" I fear that this is just a rumour/misunderstanding.

Corto

This train needs more hype.

HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

trem1.jpg

Alex

That just tells you how skillful his deflection was, because there's nothing clear cut about his statement.

It's Blizzard, if this thing is actually materialized in any form outside of planning I'd be amazed. They don't outsource, they don't split focus and they're always hiring for basically every position possible even if it's just research for the future, so looking at their job applications is never as useful as people seem to think it is.

I'm still guessing if it's real, it wont be here until the very end of 2013, minimum, considering the work they'd need to do with the infrastructure and some hefty retuning just to get the back end of the game playable on a pad and they probably aren't going to divert currently swamped staff away for it. I wouldn't be shocked to see Titan before Diablo III console if push came to shove. :lol

Could be totally wrong, and that'd be cool to see them proactive about it, but Blizzard is usually a really easy to predict developer who is pretty transparent with the way they work. It'll be curious to see if anything about this pops up anytime soon, possibly during E3.

KaYotiX

Banned
Highly sceptical of this. There have been enough lag problems with the PC version, I can't imagine relying on 3g.
I play it on a 3G card on my laptop just fine when I'm out of town. Pings are usually in the 200-300 range but it's still very playable.

It's Blizzard, if this thing is actually materialized in any form outside of planning I'd be amazed. They don't outsource, they don't split focus and they're always hiring for basically every position possible even if it's just research for the future, so looking at their job applications is never as useful as people seem to think it is.

I'm still guessing if it's real, it wont be here until the very end of 2013, minimum, considering the work they'd need to do with the infrastructure and some hefty retuning just to get the back end of the game playable on a pad and they probably aren't going to divert currently swamped staff away for it. I wouldn't be shocked to see Titan before Diablo III console if push came to shove. :lol

Could be totally wrong, and that'd be cool to see them proactive about it, but Blizzard is usually a really easy to predict developer who is pretty transparent with the way they work. It'll be curious to see if anything about this pops up anytime soon, possibly during E3.

This is my opinion. If it's even real, I'll be surprised, but not too surprised if we see it, but fuck if it's coming out in 2012. No way in hell. Not that I really care about D3 on consoles, but I'd be welcome to eat crow if I turn out to be wrong.

Hoping this isn't coming to 360.
The RMAH would provide further motivation for the XBL account "jacking" and I don't really want more of this shit because of a game I already own on PC.

RPGCrazied

Wow, that would be crazy. No 360? That is kind of hard to believe. With how shitty it runs on my computer, mostly asset stutter, maybe this version will be better.

I'd be truly surprised if it was exclusive, based simply on the fact that only one obscure German retailer has listed it, I'd rather think blizzard would be more concerned with maximizing profits and thus hitting as many platforms as possible...
Play-Asia has also listed Diablo 3 as a PS3 exclusive title.

The Hermit

Consider how it plays now, I always expected a console port. If this doesn't have the always online drm, it will be the superior version too.

theDeeDubs

Wouldn't they want this on next gen systems instead? Seems kind of dumb to put a game like this on something that will be more or less phased out in the next few years.

Orcastar

Don't make me double-dip, Blizz...

Wouldn't they want this on next gen systems instead? Seems kind of dumb to put a game like this on something that will be more or less phased out in the next few years.

Yeah, because Diablo 3 just screams next gen, doesn't it?

Vasili2K38

Being realistic I don't think is going to happen, but I would love it because of the meltdowns here after all the discussion from Diablo 3. But as I said, I think this is kind of unrealistic..

Striek

Obviously fake, but still why would anyone want to play a loot game on a console? Torchlight was way worse on the X360. Diablo 3 will be way worse if/when it goes to PS3/360.

I don't see how this would qualify for megaton either, I don't think theres a pent-up demand for D3 console.

Nope, not buying it.

Just does not make sense. Sony would have to pay up for this wouldn't they?

If anything, I see this happening for MS

ced

Obviously fake, but still why would anyone want to play a loot game on a console? Torchlight was way worse on the X360. Diablo 3 will be way worse if/when it goes to PS3/360.

I don't see how this would qualify for megaton either, I don't think theres a pent-up demand for D3 console.

Your wrong at least 5 times in 1 post, pretty impressive.

angelfly

Megaton if true. Also if it is in fact true it probably has more to with Battle.net and XBL (like with Steam and Portal 2) than any Sony deal.

BlueSteel

I wonder how ridiculous nightmare and hell and inferno modes will be with the controller. They could change gameplay to make it work... but I'm guessing that would mess with cross-platform play then right?

That would be a pretty big deal and very surprising, too. Seems like a dumb idea to start a false rumor just hours before the conference, so I'm willing to believe that there may be truth to that. We'll know for sure later today.

Top Bottom