• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] German retailer leaks Diablo 3 exclusive for PS3

Haunted

Right.

Because 2006 was the last year of the PS2 and absolutely no one supported it with software afterward.
Tell me how post-2006 Gamecube and Xbox support turned out.

The real answer is obviously that the situation is not analogous to either, as the PS3 might be a million lightyears away from the dominant position the PS2 was in, but is also not as abandoned as the GC. Still, it's in Sony's best interest to get Orbis off the ground as soon as possible, with a strong start in 2013. The strong PS2 ultimately hurt PS3 adoption, so maybe they'd be better off dropping PS3 to help Orbis.

On a related note, there's no doubt in my mind that the 360 will be selling the most when all three have launched into the next generation, it's got the yearly updated franchises locked down, and it's these multiplat releases (FIFA Madden etc) that ultimately keep platforms alive a couple years into the next.

Holy shitballs. My wildest dreams come true! I tire of having to hunch over my desktop, I'd rather loaf on my couch while playing this on a controller. PLEASE BE TRUE!

Hey alright, streaming Diablo 3 on Vita!

The idea of Diablo 3 on PS3 and compatible with Move I think may cause some PC gamers to liquify from the inside out. Like Ebola. Diabola.

Cyntec

Tell me how post-2006 Gamecube and Xbox support turned out.

The real answer is obviously that the situation is not analogous to either, as the PS3 might be a million lightyears away from the dominant position the PS2 was in, but is also not as abandoned as the GC. Still, it's in Sony's best interest to get Orbis off the ground as soon as possible, with a strong start in 2013. The strong PS2 ultimately hurt PS3 adoption, so maybe they'd be better off dropping PS3 to help Orbis.

On a related note, there's no doubt in my mind that the 360 will be selling the most when all three have launched into the next generation, it's got the yearly updated franchises locked down, and it's these multiplat releases (FIFA Madden etc) that ultimately keep platforms alive a couple years into the next.

Ah yeah, maybe Sony will invent something bedeviled like backward-compatibility. That would be sick shit!

Concept17

I would gladly double dip for this. Best game in years, and it would be great to sit on mah couch and play.

Imagine if we could even have splitscreen. :D

zroid

Banned
O______O

I'm still hoping for a possible Wii U version, because dat touchscreen for inventory, but even as a PS3 exclusive I would double-dip all over it.

Shameless promotion from this month's Achieve Trophies thread.

Guess I was onto something :p

uueKR.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
If this comes out on Vita, I will reneg on my pledge not to buy it because of the always on DRM.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I mentioned this on twitter but if this is true... it's almost sad that it leaked out - would have been a true surprise and there's been short supply of those lately.

Cyntec

I mentioned this on twitter but if this is true... it's almost sad that it leaked out - would have been a true surprise and there's been short supply of those lately.

Its still a huge "in your face" to everyone if this gets announced officially.

Well, they could still make it playable by stream after tomorrow's PSN update, that'd be a surprise.

.la1n

Hey alright, streaming Diablo 3 on Vita!

The idea of Diablo 3 on PS3 and compatible with Move I think may cause some PC gamers to liquify from the inside out. Like Ebola. Diabola.

I don't remember me or any of my friends getting upset when Diablo 1 was released on the PSone (or seeing any backlash online) but these are different times, with more outlets for stupidity.

Derrick01

Banned
Come on, we have threads about D3 coming to consoles every month.

There's never anything substantial there though. Hell there may not be anything here either, I'm just saying if it is true it's a huge blow to the surprise. People will be ready for it tonight.

Kafel

Banned
There's never anything substantial there though. Hell there may not be anything here either, I'm just saying if it is true it's a huge blow to the surprise. People will be ready for it tonight.

They hire people to work specifically on D3 360/PS3 and you believe their PR "well we only want to see what we can do here and there ... " ?

Cyntec

Exactly. There stands "RUMOUR" in big letters in front of the thread's title. I can't say much more than that I contacted the retailer and they confirmed me, their distributor started to accept pre-orders - but is listing this game only for ps3. Also I was told - from internal sources I can't tell you more about - I shall wait for later this day -> which points to Sony's conference.

Ponn

Banned
Half of me wants this to be true to play it. The other half wants it to be true for the biggest megaton meltdowns in yesrs. GAF would crash hard.

def sim

This would be pretty big news for the console only crowd if true, for sure. Only thing though is I completely doubt Sony would pay such a fee so late in the generation.

th3dude

Give me

1) Vita release and
2) Syncing with Battle.net so I can play my same PC characters/games

I'd buy one on my way home today.

rouken

why would blizzard do this really? and also for vita?
wii u is much more likely if they are really porting it for consoles.

Reclaimer

Why is that? You mean compared to Vita? Yeah, I'd agree. But compared to PS360? They already have the userbase, and PS3 can use a mouse/keyboard.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Possibly because Sony isn't extremely restrictive when it comes to their online connectivity and integration of third-party systems. (Steam/Battle.net)

And it would be a great system seller if it hit the Vita.
I'm not saying I could see it happen, but it would be a fantastic "get" for Sony.

Duffyside

Banned
That's big.
I can't find the mention of exclusivity on that page, though (but I quickly browsed through the text, and my German is rusty)

Oh man, you think YOUR German is rusty!? I read that thing as carefully as I possibly could, and when I was done I was pulling a black forest cake out of the oven...

Hoo-doo

Banned
Wow Diablo 3 playing master race will be so salty.

If the rumor is true, that would be nothing compared to the amount of salt produced by the Wii-U and Xbox 360 crowd. The meltdowns would be awe-inspiring.

Still don't see it happening though. ;)

Yeah if they can secure it for Vita then that would be one heck of a win.

Is the game technically demanding? Would a Vita port be viable?

Nope. I can run it on my girlfriend's PC, which does not have a GPU, just integrated Intel graphics.

This could very easily work on the Vita. But, where are people getting that it's coming to the Vita? I only see a mention of the PS3.

Top Bottom