• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] German retailer leaks Diablo 3 exclusive for PS3

Proelite

If the rumor is true, that would be nothing compared to the amount of salt produced by the Wii-U and Xbox 360 crowd. The meltdowns would be awe-inspiring.

Still don't see it happening though. ;)

No way. Bnet forum shitstorm will be epic.
The people who care about Diablo 3 the most.

rouken

Possibly because Sony isn't extremely restrictive when it comes to their online connectivity and integration of third-party systems. (Steam/Battle.net)

And it would be a great system seller if it hit the Vita.
I'm not saying I could see it happen, but it would be a fantastic "get" for Sony.

well if they release it on sony hardware, it's most likely a moneyhat situation not blizzard deciding that the ps3 and vita are the best hardware to release it to.

or maybe im just a bitter master race gamer :( lol

Concept17

This seems very likely as there have been numerous mentions of Blizzard hiring developers with PS3 experience over the last couple years.

solarus

Oh lawdy if they can get this for vita I will double-dip. Also I can see this coming to Wii-U possibly since Nintendo is giving free reign to developers in terms of online.

raiot

If this is true, all hell will break loose!
GAF Guru will appear for a few minutes, after that, the great age of cleansing (banning) will start... :)

Des0lar

will learn eventually
how can Sony afford to moneyhat this? it may be Microsoft getting D3 after all in the conference later

It's all about online infrastructure.

Sony can adopt. Nintendo and MS are probably both far too restrictive. This could easily turn into a #gamechanger next gen if this spirals out of control.

well if they release it on sony hardware, it's most likely a moneyhat situation not blizzard deciding that the ps3 and vita are the best hardware to release it to.

or maybe im just a bitter master race gamer :( lol

Nope. It would be because Microsoft wouldn't let Blizzard use BNet, not Live.

Sony has let Valve use Steam on their platform.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If the rumor is true, that would be nothing compared to the amount of salt produced by the Wii-U and Xbox 360 crowd. The meltdowns would be awe-inspiring.

Still don't see it happening though. ;)

This is false.

The PC-only crowd would be MUCH, much worse. In the Wii U thread I've heard people say they would like Diablo III but it doesn't seem to be a huge issue.

Speaking of that, I'm not understanding how Diablo III on PS3 would be a huge deal but it's because I'm not that familiar with the game itself.. I think it would be a nice thing to see, but is this a system-seller?

Cyntec

This is false.

The PC-only crowd would be MUCH, much worse. In the Wii U thread I've heard people say they would like Diablo III but it doesn't seem to be a huge issue.

Speaking of that, I'm not understanding how Diablo III on PS3 would be a huge deal but it's because I'm not that familiar with the game itself.. I think it would be a nice thing to see, but is this a system-seller?

Yeah, because I know many people who would buy a new console rather than upgrading their PC for the same price - or even more.

SparkTR

This is false.

The game sold 6 million in under a week, that's double Gears 3's first week sales and larger than Uncharted 2's lifetime sales. Yes it would sell systems.

The game sold 6 million in under a week, that's double Gears 3's first week sales and larger than Uncharted 2's lifetime sales. Yes it would sell systems.
It's not like D3 requires a beast of a system or anything, people who really want it will go buy it now on PC rather than wait for an inferior port.

Elginer

Ill stick with my PC version in 1080p and good controls.I cant imagine using a controller playing this in nightmare or inferno, that shit would be insane.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
But I thought people in this thread were saying it could easily play on a lower-end PC. If that's the case, why the need to upgrade?

Also, where is the Vita stuff coming from? Are people assuming it would be good because of portability or because of the touchscreen?

I hate when big surprises like this are spoiled. This would have been a huge surprise for Sony :(

Meh, I'd rather it be for PS4 so it would at least look as technically competant as it does on my PC and I would get the added benefit of Surround sound and a large screen.

I was ciurious to see how it would look on my tv but I don't have a large ass HDMI so I didn't bother.

If this is real then it is big news, like others here have said. Especially if Sony allows for cross platform stuff with Battle.net. First Steam and now this? Sony could be forming some very powerful partnerships as we head into a new generation.

The only thing I am wondering is if it even matter. Meaning: Will all of the big Diablo fans have already bought it on PC? How many Diablo fans are there that own a PS3 but not PC?

Eliciel

I just called redcoon:

The Service-Hotline had no information whatsoever on this, but and now comes the interesting point: The product was offered to the sales department from a pretty big distributor (I asked for the name...no reply) 2 days ago !

Something's cooking, because this information comes directly from the sales person and he got this news 2 days ago.

O.O

DR2K

Banned
It's not like D3 requires a beast of a system or anything, people who really want it will go buy it now on PC rather than wait for an inferior port.

Inferior, in what way? Unless you actually know something your post sounds rather bitter.

A PC that could run a PS3 quality Diablo 3 probably costs a bit more than a PS3.

Inferior, in what way? Unless you actually know something your post sounds rather bitter.

A PC that could run a PS3 quality Diablo 3 probably costs a bit more than a PS3.
Most people already have a PC than can run D3. If you want to know why a console port would be inferior I suggest you play Diablo 3.

kodt

Banned
Might actually play it if it came to Vita.

Don't care about a PS3 version as I have it on PC. I get bored sitting ay my desk though, I could play it in short bursts on Vita. Probably wishful thinking to think it will come though.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I doubt that it would be a PS3 exclusive, if it is coming to the consoles, it would be on 360 and PS3 both.

NateDrake

Wasn't there a rumor last month saying Blizzard was going to bring Diablo 3 to Wii U or something also? I just want it to release on at least one console.

neptunes

It doesn't depend on Sony's smartness.
Sorry, but what do you mean by that?

Wouldn't a PS3/Vita SKU be in the interest of boh parties?

Or are you implying blizzard would be opposed to a vita version? Which would be understandable, but why?

Edit: fucking iPhone!!

Stoffinator

I hope this is true. But I have a feeling its not. I am sure this would of leaked out long before. Sure there as been talk of Diablo coming to consoles for a long time. I always thought it would get a console version next gen.

Huge news for Sony if true.

I really doubt the same company that ported Modern Warfare to Wii would allow the 360 to miss such a major title just because of DRM.

I played it on my 2 year old Macbook Air. It causes the fans to go nuts but it runs well. Nothing a console couldn't handle. The biggest problem I had with the game is that while I was playing it I wished I was playing something else. I love loot and leveling up, but it just didn't click with me.

DR2K

Banned
Most people already have a PC than can run D3. If you want to know why a console port would be inferior I suggest you play Diablo 3.

I'll ask my question a little more clearly. What do you know about the supposed PS3 version?

I don't have a gaming PC at least not to a level where it would be visually appealing, and run at a suitable framerate.

Top Bottom