• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

I have some Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne screenshots, but they are very spoiler heavy. Can I post them?

But if you don't buy the game, you are pirating it. Isn't that against NeoGAF terms of service? :eek:

I just don't think I should have to keep resellers in business since they're the ones mostly making out on the deal. I'm not counting buying stuff on Virtual Console/Steam and what have you.

Lime

pcsx2-r58752014-02-2355igu.png

pcsx2-r58752014-02-23kkawt.png

pcsx2-r58752014-02-23b0pxl.png

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Saying that Skyward Sword looks like fan art would be an insult to fan art.

Dr. Buni

I just don't think I should have to keep resellers in business since they're the ones mostly making out on the deal. I'm not counting buying stuff on Virtual Console/Steam and what have you.
I see! You raise a good point, but I would be careful posting about pirating games here on NeoGAF.
Saying that Skyward Sword looks like fan art would be an insult to fan art.
Most fan art wish they looked as good as Skyward Sword. The hate this game gets at times is so obnoxious.

mcmmaster

Sigh, didn't take long for people to break the 3 pics per post rule

PCSX2 (PS2) Final Fantasy X, 6x Native Scaling (3072x2688), Shade Boost 70, 55, 60, Widescreen Patched

ia5bd8mxbcspr_by_mcmemie-d8vgpt3.png

PCSX2 (PS2) Final Fantasy XII, 6x Native Scaling (3072x2688), Shade Boost 70, 55, 60, Widescreen Patched

i0exxihsag6rj_by_mcmemie-d8vgptq.png

PCSX2 (PS2) Kingdom Hearts 2, 6x Native Scaling (3072x2688), Shade Boost 70, 55, 60, Widescreen Patched

ikukbhrshpulg_by_mcmemie-d8vgpsr.png

Red

I don't know how big I am on the super-saturated look in some of these screens. Call me a purist, but it doesn't look right to me.

FFXII had a strong visual identity with its muted colors and subtle palette. Kicking up vibrancy does it no favors and clashes with the tone of the game.

Anyone have Sin and Punishment: Star Successor? My copy was stolen, and I've always wondered how it would look in Dolphin.

Stuart444

Star Ocean: Second Evolution (PSP game, running on PPSSPP at 4x Native Resolution, FXAA, buffed rendering, 16x Anisotropic Filtering; more or less my default for most games)

Works great apart from some background noise/music issues (voices work perfectly from what I hear which is nice considering how many issues this game had early on with this emulator)

Hikami

God Eater Burst (PSP game running on PPSSPP)
Could probably look better, I'm not the best when it comes to messing around with the settings.

9ed5c0f96a.png

ec0e66a38a.png

d8faf3a05e.png

Radius4

I've been working a lot on the dosbox libretro core lately and as a consequence playing some DOS classics

RetroArch-0104-120100.png

RetroArch-0104-120202.png

RetroArch-0104-120722.png

AndyB1974

FF XII, PCSX2 1.0.0, 4xNative, 4xMSAA

Grandia 3, PCSX2 1.0.0, 4xNative, 4xMSAA

Persona 4, PCSX2 1.0.0, 4xNative, 4xMSAA

FFXII looks so god damn good in high res. I started a game on PCSX2 a while ago but didn't get terribly far. This thread is making me consider another go.
Do it, man. I only started playing in november and played over 40 hours in just a couple of weeks, which is an awful lot for me. Awesome game. Haven't played it for a bit due to Steam sales and Christmas, need to get back to it.

Lernaean

Banned
Awesome thread, subbed.
Now i want to play MP Trilogy and FFXII.
Already replaying SMT Nocturne on PCSX2 in short bursts since last w/e, good timing.

finalflame

Gold Member
Nice to have a dedicated thread for this now. Some old ones.

Xenoblade Chronicles
iblyGLlUorysOo.png

The Last Story
iHJDSbzNJKgDA.png

Super Mario Galaxy 2
irVAOFK9FK1TE.png

Man, SMG upscales SO well. I was never able to find a good enough lightbar to emulate it with, though. Stopped trying after the first two didn't work great/kept getting decalibrated.

Sincere question: How do you guys dump cartridges and stuff like PSP? What are you using? I still have a decent N64 collection that I could dump but I don't know how. Or are most just procuring them through other means?

I tried to use Dolphin once but I could never get the Wiimote Plus to connect. I bought the controller, Bluetooth thing fory pc, a usb lightbar but never got the chance to try them out. I always wanted to play Skyward Sword and Xenoblade. Perhaps I should try again since its been a couple of years since I last tried.

finalflame

Gold Member
I tried to use Dolphin once but I could never get the Wiimote Plus to connect. I bought the controller, Bluetooth thing fory pc, a usb lightbar but never got the chance to try them out. I always wanted to play Skyward Sword and Xenoblade. Perhaps I should try again since its been a couple of years since I last tried.

You can use a 360 controller for Xenoblade. If you Google it, someone has even made a texture pack that replaces ALL button prompts with the 360 buttons. You also don't need the lightbar at all for Xenoblade.

There are some compatibility issues with certain BT adapters and Wiimotes. You'll ideally want a regular non-MotionPlus WiiMote for greatest compatibility, and a USB BT adapter that either uses BlueSoleil or the Toshiba BT stacks.

But, if all you want is Xenoblade, just make sure you have a beefy CPU and a 360 controller. Find the texture pack, and have at it. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions I can help answer; Xenoblade really should be experienced by everyone.

Edit: To add to this, my experience emulating SS was pretty poor. Audio hiccups here are there, and the using a lightbar on PC required constantly re-centering the wiimote. Not sure if this has improved in later dolphin versions (this was 2 years ago).

bomblord1

Banned
Thanks! I had a feeling it was RF. I never was able to stick it out with Frontier for too long; coming from HM, the town and social options just seemed so..limited. Is Tide of Destiny better in this regard?

Wayyyy better interface, characters, openness are head and heels above. I have a LTTP thread out there if you want to check it out

Bogeypop

Thanks! I had a feeling it was RF. I never was able to stick it out with Frontier for too long; coming from HM, the town and social options just seemed so..limited. Is Tide of Destiny better in this regard?

I've never played Frontier, but from what I've seen of it Tides of Destiny has super limited town and social aspects even in comparison even to older Harvest Moon games. And the farming is even worse where you basically just take care of monsters and they do all the farming so you have no tools other than a wand you use to plant seeds.The only improvements I can think of is the combat is much better than Frontier's and using the in-game models for characters during conversations is actually much better than the usual artwork with changing expressions.

finalflame

Gold Member
Wayyyy better interface, characters, openness are head and heels above. I have a LTTP thread out there if you want to check it out
Thanks! that was a good read.

I've never played Frontier, but from what I've seen of it Tides of Destiny has super limited town and social aspects even in comparison even to older Harvest Moon games. And the farming is even worse where you basically just take care of monsters and they do all the farming so you have no tools other than a wand you use to plant seeds.The only improvements I can think of is the combat is much better than Frontier's and using the in-game models for characters during conversations is actually much better than the usual artwork with changing expressions.

I guess I just stay close to the HM style of games. I really like emphasis on farming and I understand that RF has strayed from that to create its own identity. Oh well, I hope Story of Seasons next month does not disappoint. I am itching for a new, true HM.

Top Bottom