• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Go: Gen III Pokemon and Halloween event datamined

Forkball

SPOOKED

OcTwf3tl.png

t’s happening – we now have almost all of the required Generation III files in the APK! We’ve done a quick data mine and our suspicions were confirmed: Gen III Pokémon audio clips are now in the APK, but more importantly… Gen III is coming this Halloween!

As a bonus, a new Badge entry was added in reference to the Gen 3 Pokédex entries, a brand new Halloween 2017 loading screen and support for in-game night time Halloween music were added. You can see screenshots of the code and the wallpaper below. And yes, Gen III is coming for Halloween, as featured in the new loading screen.

mportant new bits of code:

.BADGE_POKEDEX_ENTRIES_GEN3
.CANCELLED_EXCLUSIVE_RAID_INVITE
.HALLOWEEN_2017
.mapHalloweenNightMusic

We haven’t yet managed to extract the new Halloween music from the APK (or we didn’t want to spoil it!).

Gen III Audio assets added

The audio files for all Gen III species are now in the APK, taking up roughly additional 20 MB uncompressed. They sound quite nice!
OjhM50yl.png

New Gen III Pokédex Badge flag

We haven’t seen the badge icon in this APK, so another update is expected before Gen III releases.
db0i9A9l.png

The header image was also pulled from the datamine. I hope everyone lives near an ocean.

ASaiyan

Banned
As one of the people actually still playing PoGO this is exciting news. Time to start grabbing those storage upgrades!

ninge

Hopefully they also added a way for me to get back the Pokemon I left in a remote forest Gym on Vancouver Island... it's been 3 weeks already! I miss that guy :(

(Also, go attack some Gyms you lazy Canadians!)

Joni

As one of the people actually still playing PoGO this is exciting news. Time to start grabbing those storage upgrades!
I hope they get discounts again so I can spend all my 1600 coins on them. I would love being able to store 800 Pokemon extra.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

At some point they need to just give a 50 slot bump to the base with this many Poke to catch.

What if it's just the ghost pokemon? Remember how they introduced the baby pokemon before gen 2?

I wondered this as well. It also gives then a Halloween event and a 2nd event when the rest drop.

Arthos

What if it's just the ghost pokemon? Remember how they introduced the baby pokemon before gen 2?

I'd imgine that is what they're doing, which makes sense. They still have one major update left 'this year so I'm sure they would rather leave that for next month, if not December.

Aleh

Nice and this time I can actually play too. Started not long ago so I need to catch up with Gen 1 and 2 too still

WPS

I wonder if they're going to implement some sort of ability system for gen 3?

Go bases stats off of the main games, but from 3rd gen onwards, stats are balanced with abilities in mind. Using the existing Go stat formula, Slaking is ludicrously powerful. Meanwhile, Shedinja is going to be completely useless.

Though, on the other hand, Smeargle and Delibird still aren't implemented so they just might not have Slakoth or Nincada available.

Setmeni

I’m hoping this starts this week, I have some time before I go back to work and I would like to get this started!

Aren't they supposed to implement pvp as well? I suspect that a battle system overhaul will happen then. Abilities and status conditions need to be in the game. TPC has to let them since the money involved is too great.

I'm actually excited. Gen II was always a snoozer to me. It's pretty much just a complement to Gen I. Gen III is when the real new exciting things start.

Zubz

Banned
If my ankle wasn't broken, I'd be in for Shiftry. Nobody gives that guy credit. Hopefully it's not too long before I can go on runs again/this warm October means an October-y November.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Perfect time to release Gen 3 Pokémon— when it’s getting cold outside.

This game cannot last another six months without a significant content update — they need Gen 3 and they can’t wait till March or April

This.

Plus they dropped Gen II early this year and raid Poke this Summer. So it's not like they didn't have content for Warmer months.

Like Border said they can't ride out the current legendaries and keep player engagement up for another 4-6 months till it starts to get warm again.

I think it doing just Halloween ghosts and such makes sense though as it allows them to string out the actual gen 3 drop for say Dec.

What about the other literal half of the world where it's getting warm outside?

I hear ya. Though something like 85-90 percent of the world lives North of the Equater. Not that it really means much in this context. Lol

Compsiox

Banned
I really miss when people were playing this everywhere. We need more games like this, preferably something that a lot of people won't stop playing after a month.

Acerac

Banned
Neat. Have they added anything to do with the Pokemon or any way to know where people will be raiding?

It shocks me how bad a game I enjoy can be handled.

Looking forward to it. Been casually logging in and playing a few minutes a day recently. Hopefully the halloween event is interesting, love me some Duskull. Still have not done a gym battle or legendary capture though.

Man Pokemon Go really turned me off with that whole Mewtwo fiasco. All my friends joined back in to get the birds but went back to never playing again.

Acerac

Banned
Man Pokemon Go really turned me off with that whole Mewtwo fiasco. All my friends joined back in to get the birds but went back to never playing again.
It was kind of crazy how that happened and immediately nobody I knew wanted to play the game any more.

Perhaps the whales gave more money because of it.

Top Bottom