• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ESPN 2K5 Xbox-Auto Update is available...

Cloudy

Banned
The auto update appears to be available (on the west coast at least), but you may need to sign out and reboot your Xbox to trigger the download. Microsoft told us the update process will be complete by noon PST so maybe different regions get it at different times.

We also decided very last minute to reset the Leaderboards when the auto update completes to start everyone with a clean slate. Regular Leaberboard resets will happen every two months from now on.

- VC

Ramirez

Whats this supposed to do?With Rick dropping out,if it was supposed to fix the freezes I'd like to join you guys again.

Cloudy

Banned
So does that mean we will have a roster update?

The first roster update is on Sept. 7th. I think I posted the schedule in the league board...

Whats this supposed to do?With Rick dropping out,if it was supposed to fix the freezes I'd like to join you guys again.

- Fixes the roster validation problem for folks who could rarely log on to play games
- Adds more detailed notices so you know when the server is down or when someone isn't recieving your challenge
- Fixes the bug that stops stats from recording for some folks
- Fixes other connectivity issues that were specific to some users

DJ took Rick's spot, Ramirez. But you never know, the guy who took your spot could be a deadbeat. He hasn't actually played a game but he has tried though lol

Fifty

Cloudy said:
But you never know, the guy who took your spot could be a deadbeat. He hasn't actually played a game but he has tried though lol

I thought he was your friend.

DMczaf

Fifty said:

Boyfriends.JPG

Cloudy

Banned
Fifty said:

He got my AIM from the espn boards (the league is in my sig) and asked about the league so I told him I'd let him know if there were any openings. There are like 5 guys on my AIM who are potential "replacements"... ;)

LOL @ pic

ShadowRed

Banned
"DJ took Rick's spot, Ramirez. But you never know, the guy who took your spot could be a deadbeat. He hasn't actually played a game but he has tried though lol"

Looks to be a deadbeat. I contacted him about playing on Monday and he didn't respond to my IM. He hasn't logged in for the past 2 days, and I can't play with any regularity until Sunday, after today. Left a message on the ESPN boards and he hasn't responded.

Cloudy

Banned
You can tell FMT to boot him then, Ramirez (only the admin can do that) :)

But no whining at the first sign of a problem again....please :p

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
why dont u start up a little tournament and see if your stats go over... if I am not mistaken u had problems with that too righjt????

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
We also decided very last minute to reset the Leaderboards when the auto update completes to start everyone with a clean slate.

The aftermath of this is going to be funny.

TheDuce22

Banned
They did the same thing last year, reset the records every 2 months. Is it just me or did they tweak the AI. I have only played one game but my recievers werent getting bumped 15 yards down the feild and my dbs were actually covering the fade. Then again it could be because im not using the buggy eagles playbook, the ravens one is a gigantic step up both offensively and defensivly.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
i was thinking that they would tweak those issues that were complained about.... check the QB running, they may have touched on that as well....

Cloudy

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
My xbox has frozen in the middle of a game 3 times since the patch. Anyone else have this problem?

Post on the league boards (the "online what's what" thread that's stickied) and the admin can fix it for you. IIRC, the problem is a corrupted VIP file and they'll delete it from their end and you can start over....

edit:

(NEW)28. Every game I play online now the game freezes soon after the kickoff. What's going on?

It is possible your online VIP file became corrupted on the server and needs to be deleted. Send a PM to ESPNV_web_help with your console type (PS2 or Xbox) and username / gamertag.

http://www.espnvideogames.com/community/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33002

Send a PM to the admin that started that thread and they'll fix your corrupted VIP....

Top Bottom