• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Beckx

And it's only Monday...

Peter has said before that most votes come in on Mon/Tues. With 60% of the vote in you can start to make some predictions, like elections (e.g., if someone has had a consistent 10% lead, you can reasonable assume that will be sustained - especially if you have access to data showing how many people voted that character #1 last week, or #2 with a #1 that was eliminated).

Nah, just statistically I don't see how it could work out any other way, at this point.

So, not THE majority of votes, but a big enough lead, maybe something like a pattern of for every vote the other 3 get, Annie gets 4 votes or something like that?

As long as it's not Aeon, I'll be ok with whoever it is. I just feel the godesses just shouldn't appear as playable without having a glorious rage inducing boss battle introduction in the sequels. Also, she has Omega Tom Hanks as one of her inspirations, if the doesn't make you worry about balance then I don't know what would.

Nyoro SF

When Eliza wins, it will be very difficult for the round 2 characters to overcome Annie and Minette. Unless the Eliza fans shift to Beowulf in a larger capacity.

Ultimadrago

Peter has said before that most votes come in on Mon/Tues. With 60% of the vote in you can start to make some predictions, like elections (e.g., if someone has had a consistent 10% lead, you can reasonable assume that will be sustained - especially if you have access to data showing how many people voted that character #1 last week, or #2 with a #1 that was eliminated).

Yeah, I recall. I just mean it's going to be a long week for some of us.

Rhapsody

Banned
I doubt she'll win, but I voted for Aeon. The problem is if she does somehow manage to win, a lot of people won't really care for Isaac in the 2nd round since no one wants two time characters.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Voted for Minette. I like Eliza but I feel like Minette fits the current game better.

Thats also why I didnt vote for Aeon, it would be like voting in Gill in Street Fighter II

m7WUkgK.jpg

Best choice.

sqwarlock

I really think it's going to be Eliza. While Annie and Minette have a huge following, Eliza seemed to be a lot of people's "fallback" character. That could give her a huge push in the wake of Beowulf and the others failing to make the cut.

Jawmuncher

I really think it's going to be Eliza. While Annie and Minette have a huge following, Eliza seemed to be a lot of people's "fallback" character. That could give her a huge push in the wake of Beowulf and the others failing to make the cut.

That's what I've been thinking to.
She was definitely my fallback.

sandman64

Neo Member
It's blatantly Annie, her fanbase is just too large.

Nope, I'd bet big money it is Eliza.

• Manly male and "Real woman" votes want some one who looks and plays badass.
  • Sexy votes automatically go to Eliza.
  • Plus she is the only gruesome character left (if they don't do anything nasty with Aeon).

Eliza's ahead and there's no way for the rest to pick up the pace.

Never thought I'd say this, but an actual cute picture of Eliza exists on the internet, well done whoever did that.

Moonlight

Banned
Nope, I'd bet big money it is Eliza.
I'll take that bet. Annie's supporters have been the most invested in campaigning out of the entire voting base - I'm convinced that it's paying dividends, particularly among the more well known artists on blogs like Tumblr encouraging their followers to vote Annie.

Annie or bust.

sqwarlock

I'll take that bet. Annie's supporters have been the most invested in campaigning out of the entire voting base - I'm convinced that it's paying dividends, particularly among the more well known artists on blogs like Tumblr encouraging their followers to vote Annie.

Annie or bust.

The title of your post, I like it.

Nyoro SF

Ooh money bets? I'd like to see some small change shift hands :p

If you vote against Eliza in a bet you're foolish. She has crushed every single fan poll, she's the ultimate fallback vote character, and has mainstream appeal. I'd be VERY interested to see who would put up money against such a character in a vote like this. I'm not interested in betting, but I bet others are, heh

I agree, the character with the most "fallback value" is going to be tough to overcome.

Voted Eliza, but I'd be just as happy if Annie or Minette won. I'd really rather not have Aeon win. I think it'd be better to let the Lab Zero guys bring Aeon and Venus out in a sequel so that they can develop them more before doing so. They seem far too important to release as simple DLC characters.

Top Bottom