• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

dan2026

Over 60% of all votes are in and over 60% of all respondents are Happy or Somewhat Happy with the results so far.

So... yeah, ZTS and his ilk are quite the exception.

Despite this, a solid majority of respondents wants to move to the new voting system for the second character vote.

Have you managed to fix your Paypal woes?

I really hope this isn't going to be a major problem for you.

I have to cop to the somewhat happy camp, but only because Beowulf got kicked to the curb. In reality, any of the characters would be cool.

Yeah, and the vocal minority can be a pain in the ass. Unfortunately, the John Gabriel Internet Dickwad Theory has almost become a natural law...

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
So I went on a coin flip

Badheads.jpg

it landed on heads, so my vote goes to Annie.

YES!

Beckx

With all of my picks out, I guess I have to vote for one of these. I think Minette would make a good companion for the resurgence of the Science Shark in Round two.

#StillTeamStanley

Nooo! You people, haven't you read Shadows over Innsmouth? Don't you know what happens when you let the fish people win? Next month you'll all be in here posting "Ia, ia, Ravthulu ftaghn" and crap.

And did my part.

#NubianGoddess
#JazzyGiza2013
#HotBloodCoolDemeanor
#Elizadabess

Settled on Eliza. I absolutely adore her look more than any other. Hopefully her blood mechanic creates some very dynamic combo options.

See? These are good people.

Over 60% of all votes are in and over 60% of all respondents are Happy or Somewhat Happy with the results so far.

So... yeah, ZTS and his ilk are quite the exception.

Despite this, a solid majority of respondents wants to move to the new voting system for the second character vote.
Admittedly my rational for supporting the new voting system was "why not?". I scanned the wikipedia page and found nothing objectionable; couldn't see it affecting the end results in any case. Does anyone have any detailed thoughts on it?

Kioshen

Mike Z's mentioned there's a good possibility her blood will become "sand" in the final version, if she's picked.

Really ? As much as this will make me a silly hypocrite I like this better. It fits the universe better at least.

Good thing Minette is much more than just "Fishy Frank West"! "Fighting without Fighting" has nothing to do with him anyway! Think more about, say, a Jackie Chan fight scene with common thugs; He sways through the scene, minding his own business, while suddenly the whole world's inhabitants and items seem to become a hazard to his assailants.

That more of what you should expect from Minette. I'm sure her buff will be a factor, but it's her moveset, and the creative freedom that such a style presents, and all the little customers and guest appearances that'll get to interact with her, that'll make her truly stand out as a unique, interesting character.

Stop making sense ! *raises fist* I'm already having a hard time choosing as it is.

I don't know why people had so many reservations about Aeon. I understand if you put her in the game she might be toned down, but who's to say that you can't have 2 versions of the character? Street Fighter had multiple version of the last boss M. Bison (Dictator) in SF EX, SF Alpha/Zero 3, which were much, much more powerful than the player selected version. Mostly it's just tweaking frames and adjusting how much faster/better you want certain moves to be and maybe a computer only super move.

You can't have two versions with the current budget allocated. It's already a big pain just to do one character. The big problem I have is this :

In contrast to Isaac who can only travel through time, Aeon is a divine being with the ability to manipulate time itself, including alternate timelines. She may be able to capture moments on the battlefield to unleash later, like a bubble in time containing all attacks executed within its bounds. Then there is the usual slew of abilities to consider like rewinding time, slowing it down, and stopping it.

The idea of giving the opposing player the ability to change a part of the speed chess board at any time using any section at his own discretion irks me to no end. You are in a bad position, deal with it you put yourself in a corner not well screw this I'm gonna rewind or just randomly put a doppleganger on top of you with an assist.

Jawmuncher

I love voting considering I've never even played the game once. Going to make it all the more fresh when I finally jump in with the PC version I donated for.

I love voting considering I've never even played the game once. Going to make it all the more fresh when I finally jump in with the PC version I donated for.

high five! same, never played a second of SG but love the voting and can't wait to get the steam version to come out. Any eta for that yet Ravi?

sandman64

Neo Member
You mean Aeon. I don't know who votes for her but they are a big enough silent fart of a threat.

My prediction is that Aeon was picked as people's secondary vote when voting 2 characters from top 8.

Logic could be: "Why vote for a second popular character that could eliminate my character? I'll just vote for unpopular Aeon"

Look where that got us, no males :I

Of course, this is just a silly theory, but it's a more clearer theory to me than the theory of the silent majority actually wanting Aeon...

Voted Eliza..hope she makes it..

Well in the end I went with Eliza. *shrug*

You both chose....wisely. Vote for unique mechanics, vote for Sekhmet, ....vote for blood

Dreavus

There is no such thing as a safe prediction this round, anyone can win this. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if all 4 were pretty close and the winner only barely pulled it off whoever it may be.

That's kinda what I'm thinking too. It seems lots of the votes have been pretty close so far.

I would be simultaneously surprised, but also not surprised at all, if Aeon ends up winning.

sqwarlock

I feel like I'm in a minority here, but I voted for Aeon since she's been my favorite since the beginning. I'm happy with all four girls though, and won't be TOO upset if Aeon doesn't make it (so long as JuJu wins vote #2 that is).

...Are you implying there's a character that pretty much has a majority of the expected votes already?

Or hes implying that the results were decided years ago by the illuminati in their secret underground bunker with the lizard people, and this whole show of democracy has been a farce!
#followthemoney

Moonlight

Banned
I feel like I'm in a minority here, but I voted for Aeon since she's been my favorite since the beginning. I'm happy with all four girls though, and won't be TOO upset if Aeon doesn't make it (so long as JuJu wins vote #2 that is).
Hate to tell you this, dude, but Juju won't be making it to character vote 2. The legal stuff isn't going as fast as expected. I mean, it's still happening (thankfully), but not in time for her to be slotted into the next round.

Her time to shine will have to wait. :(

I know its not going to happen, but part of me hopes that if it becomes impossible for anyone to catch up to 1st place (since we have an exact number of votes), they should just announce it then. Likely though, that would cause issues somehow.

ak1976

Neo Member
Hopefully after this round is over, a male character is chosen for the 2nd Mystery Character. Stanley, Beowulf, Panzer...

Top Bottom