• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Character vote | The Campaign united us, The Voting will destroy us

Ravidrath

I don't think Eliza's blood would be a problem with the ESRB - one of the criteria is that the violence be realistic, and... yeah, I don't think we fit that criteria in any way at all.

CERO is supposed to be an automatic D for any sort of decapitation, but we ended up with a C despite Ms. Fortune.

Azure J

I thought I heard that Eliza was damn near an arch-nemesis to both Fillia and Squigly, whereas the latter two are merely rivals (Samson and Leviathan apparently have a history)

She has no direct qualm with Filia, and maybe even Squigly. But Leviathan and Samson have been standing in Eliza's way for a long time. Annie and D. Violet are also enemies to her. According to what we know from what little story snippets were dropped she's one of the few individuals who can not only utilize the Skullheart without endangering herself, but also unlock its full potential and so is a major threat in the SG universe.

ibnh1byvBeg4XH.jpg

How AREN'T people full TeamEliza members, seriously? It'd also be great because we're finally getting both Fillia (and Samson) and Squiggly (and Leviathan) together.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Okay so I went there and conveniently one of the topics I saw was a shipping thread (awww yeah) and I happened to come across this post: http://skullgirls.com/forums/forums/index.php?threads/the-big-bad-shipping-thread.697/#post-24448.

Is this true? Because that may change my second vote!

Was already a fan of her before, but this would greatly swing my vote as I would love to see some romance/one sided crushing in her storyline

That's cool, but she needs to get in that for real.

The biggest sensation in the Cirque des Cartes, Cerebella is a tumbling, soaring dynamo of star power: throughout the Canopy Kingdom, she’s admired for her enormous strength and alluring curves. Sadly, this acrobatic orphan only desires the attention of one man, mobster Vitale Medici, who took her in and became the closest thing to a father she’s ever known.

Cerebella only likes him as a father figure, which means she totally likes girls in a romantic way. Maybe she just doesn't know it yet...

I also support this.

Nyoro SF

So these characters were eliminated in the 1st round of voting:

Adam
Andy
Beatrix
D. Violet
Hive
Hubrecht
Ileum
Leduc
Mrs. Victoria
Ottomo
Regina
Roxie
Samson
Talesin
Yu-wan

I would be interested in hearing who would still support these characters next round and why. After all, the odds are a VERY long shot given that they're asking the same population of voters twice.

7Th

How AREN'T people full TeamEliza members, seriously? It'd also be great because we're finally getting both Fillia (and Samson) and Squiggly (and Leviathan) together.

Because people voting for story would rather vote Marie and Umbrella as Parasoul and Peacock are clearly way better than Fillia.

dan2026

I don't think Eliza's blood would be a problem with the ESRB - one of the criteria is that the violence be realistic, and... yeah, I don't think we fit that criteria in any way at all.

CERO is supposed to be an automatic D for any sort of decapitation, but we ended up with a C despite Ms. Fortune.

Yeah I thought so.
The violence in Injustice is a lot more detailed and realistic (if you ignore the superpowers lol) and they got away with a T rating.

Hell Jokers finishing animation is he torches his opponent alive. Its offscreen (kinda) but still.

Are you saying that things have gotten a bit more lax and fighters could possibly have blood on hit again?

Or is this something that would only apply to Eliza?

Azure J

Because people voting for story would rather vote Marie and Umbrella as Parasoul and Peacock are clearly way better than Fillia.

Gotcha. Anyways, back to my regular programming/PSAs.

Vote Eliza y'all, this is her best chance easily.

TheOGB

Banned
Alex has said that he would rather have Eliza for the sequel so he probably went Annie for this round; then again, the ones he said he needed to tell his "epic drama" were Umbrella and Marie and they're both hopeless.
Super Skullgirls re-release with Marie, Umbrella, Black Dahlia added to complete part one of story, unlockable Eliza and Annie
the two winners
for sequel hooks

Skullgirls 2: Skullheart-er (I'm sorry) featuring all previous characters and adding Feng, Minette, Mrs. Victoria, D. Violet, Isaac, Scythana, and unplayable bosses Venus and Aeon

Bring it Fund it

Oh, well that's good then.

Lol, D for Decapitation

Kioshen

Adam
Andy
Beatrix
D. Violet
Hive
Hubrecht
Ileum
Leduc
Mrs. Victoria
Ottomo
Regina
Roxie
Samson
Talesin
Yu-wan

I would be interested in hearing who would still support these characters next round and why. After all, the odds are a VERY long shot given that they're asking the same population of voters twice.

I don't believe in wasted vote just to side with the majority. I like the gameplay idea behind Adam and Regina's gameplay description resemble Hibiki in CvS2 which we would be awesome to play.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Roxie

Supporting her as long as the votes allow! It'd be nice if Mike Z gets out his "demos for unloved characters" as stated on his To-Do list by then, for one.

Also love mechanic characters, like the idea of her trap/obstacle gameplay (like another flavor of Peacock style), and the idea of getting to build (upgrade?) weaponry on the battlefield just sounds great., and unique for a 2D fighter.

Black women are rare in fighters, black women with natural-style hair even more so, and she's probably one of the least sexualized-looking character designs of the older females.

Even a low chance... is still a chance!

My votes the first time were:

R1 - Minette, Venus, Aeon, D.Violet
R2 - Minette, Venus, Aeon
R3 - Minette, Aeon
R4 - Minette

Assuming neither Minette nor Aeon win, I'll be voting the same way. If one of them gets in, I'll be throwing Isaac votes.

As I posted earlier man, Injustice DOES have blood on hit.

So it does. This needs to be in SG then.

Azure J

History of Voting

Round 1: Feng, Eliza, Black Dahlia, Venus
Round 2: Feng, Eliza, Black Dahlia
Round 3: Eliza, Annie
Round 4: Eliza

If Eliza pulls through this one, Annie is the main supported character next round. If Annie pulls it off, Eliza gets fast tracked and I campaign like a motherfucker. If neither of them get a place in this vote, FUCK. (Team Eliza, but I'll hate having to lose Annie.)

Skullgirls: Encore Edition - re-release with Marie, Umbrella, Black Dahlia added to complete part one of story, unlockable Eliza and Annie
the two winners
for sequel hooks

Skullgirls: Second Act: featuring all previous characters and adding Feng, Minette, Mrs. Victoria, D. Violet, Isaac, Scythana, and unplayable bosses Venus and Aeon

Bring it Fund it

Enhanced the Capcom nomenclatures with something more thematically relevant (and something I actually do want to see in a title with Encore Edition).

And Skullgirls 3 should totally be called Third Stage: Skullgirls III. Let's Get It On Now.

NEO0MJ

Beatrix

She was probably my second most wanted character after Brain Drain. As for why, well, she has an awesome design, magicians are cool and I love the idea of characters holding their weapons in their own bodies. Her gameplay seems cool, hidden weapons, storing enemy projectiles in her cloak and incredible counter potential.

Super Skullgirls re-release with Marie, Umbrella, Black Dahlia added to complete part one of story, unlockable Eliza and Annie
the two winners
for sequel hooks

Skullgirls 2: Skullheart-er (I'm sorry) featuring all previous characters and adding Feng, Minette, Mrs. Victoria, D. Violet, Isaac, Scythana, and unplayable bosses Venus and Aeon
man you can't have scythana without beowulf, they're partners for life now

aka they're my two favorites plz have them

Moonlight

Banned

Ileum

The odds are irrelevant. Votes are just as much a way to represent your interest in a character as it is a way to further the character into the poll. I'm interested in Ileum, and while she's not necessarily my first pick, I'd like to represent my interest in her through a vote. I think Ileum has a really cool design and an awesome concept, and I like how Alex's philosophy of 'cute girl with dark twist' is more or less inverted with her. Her playstyle, as well, sounds interesting, and sounds like it could occupy a fairly distinct niche from other characters in the game. I'd also love to see what Lab Zero could do in realizing the more grisly aspects to her character in terms of art and animation.

Besides, choosing not to vote for a character just because the odds are long is the most self-defeating thing in the universe. It's not like giving it a shot won't matter, and those characters with better odds will probably still be there, if Ileum (or any of the other early culled characters) isn't.

EDIT: Plus, from her list of inspirations, Inque was my favourite villain in Batman Beyond.

I'd also personally love Beo's inclusion, but I have no idea how he fits into the story :p
Scythana breaks out of prison and soon stumbles upon the place where Beo is making a guest appearence in a popular wrestling league and he calls out Scythana, which causes a feud between the two. When Scythana beats him, she mentions about having to find Isaac to settle something. Beo, being a wonderful gentleman, offers to come along. Thus sparks an adventure!

When they soon stumble across Isaac, Scythana and him argue over how he put her in prison or something I dunno AND ISAAC REVEALS BEOWULF IS HER DAD

NOW THERE'S A PLOT TWIST

TheOGB

Banned
Scythana breaks out of prison and soon stumbles upon the place where Beo is making a guest appearence in a popular wrestling league and he calls out Scythana, which causes a feud between the two. When Scythana beats him, she mentions about having to find Isaac to settle something. Beo, being a wonderful gentleman, offers to come along. Thus sparks an adventure!

When they soon stumble across Isaac, Scythana and him argue over how he put her in prison or something I dunno AND ISAAC REVEALS BEOWULF IS HER DAD

NOW THERE'S A PLOT TWIST
That's

....actually believable.

Beckx

Actually, I kind of like the idea of sand more than blood, anyway. There's a great pulp horror angle to that, similar to the Mummy.

Round 1: Annie Minette Feng Marie
Round 2: Annie Minette Feng
Round 3: Annie Minette
Round 4: Annie

It's been interesting as hell, and seeing that 2 of my 4 votes ended in top 4 is awesome.

Moonlight

Banned
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
People thought 825k was a long-shot, too!

Anyways, more or less my pattern for voting:

Round 1: Annie, Isaac, Black Dahlia, Ileum
Round 2: Annie, Isaac, Black Dahlia
Round 3: Annie, Isaac
Round 4: Annie

Voting was remarkably simple, because each round, one of my preferred choices would disappear.

dan2026

Actually, I kind of like the idea of sand more than blood, anyway. There's a great pulp horror angle to that, similar to the Mummy.

I like the Mummy idea as well kinda, but I don't think it would fit the established facts about Eliza. Doesn't she steal people's blood to preserve her youth and beauty?

Actually the more I think of it, isn't Sekhmet Eliza's skeleton?

So when Sekhmet separates from her all that would be left is a dried up mass of skin and organs. Hmm that is kinda creepy.

sandman64

Neo Member
I like the Mummy idea as well kinda, but I don't think it would fit the established facts about Eliza. Doesn't she steal people's blood to preserve her youth and beauty?

So when Sekhmet separates from her all that would be left is a dried up mass of skin and organs. Hmm that is kinda creepy.

Alex mumbled something about Eliza being tied up to the Scythe somehow. Also, since Sekhmet cannot bleed, her blood is probably on that Scythe somehow as well. Take from that what you will...

SupaNaab

I would prefer blood for Eliza because Aeon has much more emphasis on sand. Aeon's transition frames between other alternate timeline characters should be sand (ie. Aeon turns to sand and the sand forms into the next character/action). Eliza is my blood goddess, you can't change that :(

dan2026

Alex mumbled something about Eliza being tied up to the Scythe somehow. Also, since Sekhmet cannot bleed, her blood is probably on that Scythe somehow as well. Take from that what you will...

I have this vision of Sekhmet basically wearing Eliza like a glove of skin and rupturing out of her when he wants to attack, then retreating back inside and healing the damage again.

Almost like a Mummy coming out a sarcophagus and then hiding back inside.
Only you know, with skin and bone instead.

Beckx

I don't think Aeon's sand theme is yellowish desert sand, the kind that gets whipped into windstorms with faces or makes mean shapes Iggi-style. Aeon's sand is that white hourglass sand, gentle enough but a reminder that when it runs out, a deadly giant spider will try to kill you.

I hope someone gets the Krull reference. :(

I think some of the art that Alex has posted sheds some light on the situation.

tumblr_mjxv2ugrzw1s4c693o3_400.jpg

Eliza's being bound to her Scythe in this picture, I'd imagine with all the blood circulating around her that the Scythe acts as an achor for Eliza's body and the opportunity for Sekhmet to jump into the fray directly.

tumblr_mjxv2ugrzw1s4c693o8_1280.jpg

TheOGB

Banned

tumblr_mjxv2ugrzw1s4c693o3_400.jpg

Eliza's being bound to her Scythe in this picture, I'd imagine with all the blood circulating around her that the Scythe acts as an achor for Eliza's body and the opportunity for Sekhmet to jump into the fray directly.
Goddammit Eliza better win this

A vote for Eliza is a vote for justice.

Niiiice. I agree.

Round 1: Eliza, Brain Drain, Black Dahlia, Samson
Round 2: Eliza, Brain Drain, Black Dahlia
Round 3: Eliza, Aeon
Round 4: Eliza

At this point, I'd be happy with either from round 3, but I'd be saddened if Annie won and absolutely devastated if Minette won. To the point where if either of them are DLC, I'll "acquire" them while free, but won't bother downloading them.

Soulstar

Well if we are doing voting History I'll post mine.

R1: Feng, Eliza, Issac, Venus
R2: Feng, Eliza, Issac
R3: Eliza, Issac
R4: Eliza

Sidenote: I voted for Eliza but I would be just as happy if Annie won.

Thores

Round 1: Minette, Isaac, Umbrella, Hubrecht
Round 2: Minette, Isaac, Umbrella
Round 3: Minette, Isaac
Round 4: Minette

It is eerie how exactly one of my votes got dropped each round, so I never had to make a hard choice or pick a replacement character.

Anyway whoever wins I'm gonna vote more dudes next time, or at least prioritize them over my female votes. Like I'd probably still vote Minette and Umbrella in the first round, but I'd drop one of them in favor of carrying Beowulf and Isaac to the final four.

Beckx

Rd 1: Isaac, Talesin, Stanley, Black Dahlia
Rd 2: Isaac, Molly...and I think this is where I started voting Eliza?
Rd 3: Eliza, Isaac
Rd 4: Eliza

Nyoro SF

1: Aeon, Beowulf, Feng, Marie
2: Aeon, Beowulf, Feng
3: Aeon, Beowulf
4: Aeon

Still sad about Feng. That doesn't bode well for next round.

TheOGB

Banned
Oh boy, let's see if I can remember :p

R1: Eliza, Beowulf, Taliesin, Beatrix(?)
R2: Eliza, Beowulf, Scythana
R3: Eliza, Beowulf
R4: Eliza

Vote 2, first round (if the voting is going to be the same) is probably going to be something like:
Scythana, Beatrix, Roxie, Ottomo

gotta show my interest ;P
but I can't vote for everyone ;~;

NEO0MJ

My votes were:

Beowulf, Brain Drain, Molly, Beatrix
Beowulf, Brain Drain, Molly
Beowulf
nothing =(, so I went with Eliza

Damn, that looks badass, I hope they use that for her intro should she ever win. Also, I wonder why Sekhmet wears make up.

Oh I'd say she knows it. Her ending is pretty clear.

I think that has more to do with the fact that she crushed Fortune into a diamond. Anyways, until word of god says something regarding Cerebella that idea should sit next to the Marie/Peacock pairing in the fanficiton corner.

Soulstar

If vote 2 is the same it will be

Feng + 3 other characters that I have to vote for. Still going all in for Feng I'll even pretend she is a guy for all of the #TeamPenis people.

kirblar

Adam
Andy
Beatrix
D. Violet
Hive
Hubrecht
Ileum
Leduc
Mrs. Victoria
Ottomo
Regina
Roxie
Samson
Talesin
Yu-wan

I really, really like Samson and was going to campaign for him next round. Not expecting miracles, but maybe a slightly better showing.

4- Aeon, Stanley, Samson, Eliza
3- Aeon, Stanley, Eliza
2- Stanley, Eliza
1- Eliza

Top Bottom