• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio coming to xbla/psn? Very fake, hype threat level: Green.

-PXG-

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Hell yea! I've actually been thinking about making a GAF Plays thread for a while now.

I might make one tomorrow, when I'm less tired. Feel free to start one if you want :)

wRATH2x

Banned
Yes! I never got to play JSR because of my damn Dreamcast playing every game out there but Sonic Adventure and Jet Set Radio, can't wait and I hope its true.

Plus why the hate for JSRF? I loved that game and I've been replaying it recently and its still awesome. Are the two games really that different?

Speevy

Banned
wRATH2x said:
Plus why the hate for JSRF? I loved that game and I've been replaying it recently and its still awesome. Are the two games really that different?

No they're not very different. JGR lets you get chased by police like there's a buzzing bee on your back, and it's much more difficult. People prefer JGR because they enjoyed the challenge of the original game.

JSRF is faster, bigger, and more fun if you ask me. It fully realized the world of the first game.

Speevy

Banned
birdman said:
I thought about buying it off of Amazon used until you said this. How bad is it?

There's slowdown. And in a game like this, you're always wondering whether the action is going at full speed.

If you absolutely must play JSRF, it's a tough call. The game is compromised from the blazing speed you'll experience on the original Xbox, but if knowing this doesn't make you want the game less, then I suppose it does an okay job of emulating the game.

I can't really recommend buying an original Xbox for one game, either. :/

theultimo

Speevy said:
There's slowdown. And in a game like this, you're always wondering whether the action is going at full speed.

If you absolutely must play JSRF, it's a tough call. The game is compromised from the blazing speed you'll experience on the original Xbox, but if knowing this doesn't make you want the game less, then I suppose it does an okay job of emulating the game.

I can't really recommend buying an original Xbox for one game, either. :/
Until you hit 99th street. Then it has drops all the way down to 4 fps. Doable, but painful.

LQX

birdman said:
I thought about buying it off of Amazon used until you said this. How bad is it?
I played through JSRF(pack in version with Sega GT) again a few weeks ago and had no real problems at all. Yes there is some slowdown but it was rare. The game is still 100% playable and if you keep in mind it is a rather old game being emulated then you should have no problems at all. Don't let these dudes dissuade from getting it. Buy it.

Nice! :D
Graphics could be awesome, although it doesn't look bad today with vga box.

Glad to see it didn't appear on wii like rumors suggested a couple years ago.

Guys you keel saying this is a HD port but look at the upcoming sonic adventure for xbla, it's far from being HD, it's 640x480! Expect most of these ports to not be HD coming from sega...

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
PLEASE BE TRUE

Also, Chu Chu Rocket should have become an XBLA/PSN title years ago. It fits so well.

Backflip

I'll just say it once more : there is no JSR on the French Partnernet (just as there was no Crazy Taxi). With that said, I really doubt the source of the info (I had never heard of that site before). If that pic is real, the screenshot must come from someone working for SEGA. And knowing people working at SEGA France, I doubt they'd leak something like that.

Backflip said:
I'll just say it once more : there is no JSR on the French Partnernet (just as there was no Crazy Taxi). With that said, I really doubt the source of the info (I had never heard of that site before). If that pic is real, the screenshot must come from someone working for SEGA. And knowing people working at SEGA France, I doubt they'd leak something like that.
Backfip, Ruiner of Dreams.

wRATH2x

Banned
Backflip said:
And forever my dream is dead :(

You have a Pepsiman avatar, so I guess you're cool.

wRATH2x

Banned
J@hranimo said:
If Sega really likes us and our money, then they should really release jet set radio!! Make it happen!
I don't think they do, they made many statements to keep our money.

Chris_C

Will not be pleased if this is fake. JSR is the only game I played on DC, and I LOVED it. My cousin had a DC and it was all I wanted to play. It's the last Sega game I remember truly enjoying, oozed style out of every pore. Would love a new one as well.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
argh, this thread is so frustrating. This could so easily be fake, but I see a little window of opportunity that this could be real.

a.wd

Teknopathetic said:
If this is not fake and gives Sega justification for a JSRf2 (Future was awesome), then Day 1.

(fixed) This, also if fake puppies, babies and all in my sight will feel my wrath....

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The more Dreamcast games the merrier. I'd be down for some JSR it's still not in my top 3 moP
1. Powerstones 2. Chu Chu 3. Shenmue
Would Shenmue be doable for XBLA? It seems like it would be a lot of gigs even for an older game with the multiple discs and everything.
I just hope that with this and Crazy Taxi and whatever else they have planned that they won't do it half assed like the Sonic Adventure port and at least give us widescreen.

If this is fake I'm committing seppuku on youtube and blaming Yakuza 3. Even if Sega didn't generate the news I feel they should be blamed somehow.

Azure J

While we're all sharing sentiments regarding JSR, I must say, I think in all my life, this game was the first time where the music sold me on a game before anything else. "Let Mom Sleep" is permanently burned into my brain. :lol

If this bares truth, all I need to know is the answer to my question since I was 14. How the hell do you backflip & turn backwards in this game. I know how you can do it while idle on the streets but while grinding? I could never find the answer.

Tain

If this bares truth, all I need to know is the answer to my question since I was 14. How the hell do you backflip & turn backwards in this game. I know how you can do it while idle on the streets but while grinding? I could never find the answer.

down up+jump

Top Bottom