• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 18 on Switch accounted for 1% of all UK physical copies sold

jts

...hate me...
FTFY.

I'm guessing there's a reason why things like NBA 2k and WWE are buggy messes, and it's probably because the licensing fees take up the bulk of their budgets. I miss the days of good old arcade sports games like NFL Blitz.
Not only that but the exclusive licensing gets those types of games locked to one main publisher, or 2 at most (the 2nd one many times with worse or incomplete licensing) and it drives competition away.

A world without licensing is a world where many publishers and studios would take a shot at that FIFA money. But if you can't get most if not all the names, clubs, kits and leagues, you shouldn't even start because you have no chance.

but yet (post in the OP)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1440374

many have managed to do it
Oh in that case ninty should just keep its online network the way it is.
I will 100% blame EA for not bothering. So much for taking pride in your work. Ultimately the product EA releases reflects on EA. All companies involved in selling products have unfavorable market conditions that they have to deal with.
EA can do wtf they want because they are gonna make a killing regardless of switch, if ninty were serious about welcoming 3rd parties they would have at the very least made it an easy transition for basic features such as online. Ninty don't give a shit & now they are going to start charging for this crap lmao

jts

...hate me...
EA can do wtf they want because they are gonna make a killing regardless of switch, if ninty were serious about welcoming 3rd parties they would have at the very least made it an easy transition for basic features such as online. Ninty don't give a shit & now they are going to start charging for this crap lmao
🤔

Ninty can do wtf they want because they are gonna make a killing regardless of fifa

EA don't give a shit & now they are charging $60 for this crap lmao

jdstorm

Banned
Oh in that case ninty should just keep its online network the way it is.

You are right. EA can do whatever they want. Ultimately whatever they choose to do reflects on them. If EA want to half ass online play and then complain that someone else should have fixed it, they can do that. It just reflects poorly on them.

🤔

Ninty can do wtf they want because they are gonna make a killing regardless of fifa

EA don't give a shit & now they are charging $60 for this crap lmao
Nintendo gets a pass though, for reasons. Shit 3rd party support, no VC, weird ass voice chat mechanic, archaic online(that won't be free). The list goes on.

But they make Mario, so it's cool.

Vinnk

Nintendo gets a pass though, for reasons. Shit 3rd party support, no VC, weird ass voice chat mechanic, archaic online(that won't be free). The list goes on.

But they make Mario, so it's cool.

What GAF have you been reading? Nintendo didn't get a "pass" on any of these. It got multiple negative threads for each of the things you listed. In fact they get bashed for these things constantly. And for good reason. Nintendo does stupid things a lot of the time.

Top Bottom