• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World coming 26/1/2018 for PS4/XB1, CE Edition announced

jorgejjvr

You will import XX and you will like it!
This is the per game to have on the TV sure, but also on the go. Doesn't look that much of demanding of a game, I'm sure switch can run it. If I could have the choice to take it with me, I would

Capcom dropped the ball.

Or they want to make extra cash by releasing it there later, in which case it would be too late

Zampano

Dat wing suit. Time for me to buy, play for eight hours, hit a difficulty spike and never touch again, just like every other Monster Hunter. Hyped.

13ruce

Banned
Releases 1 day before my birthday, and a week before my Marina Splatoon tattoo appointment. I am so happy:D

Trailer looks freaking amazing day one!

Godan

So EU/UK don't get that Pro console then?

Was going to pick up a Pro later in the year but if they are doing a Pro version of their own and it looks as sick as it does then i wouldn't mind trying to get that one.

gogogow

So EU/UK don't get that Pro console then?

Was going to pick up a Pro later in the year but if they are doing a Pro version of their own and it looks as sick as it does then i wouldn't mind trying to get that one.

Crazy if they don't release it over here. They should push MHW as hard as possible in the West. I thought that was the plan, to make MH more popular over here......

That's soon, damn. I thought it would be a late March release.

I'll be busy at the time of release but I'll join the stor- hunt in April.

Godan

Crazy if they don't release it over here. They should push MHW as hard as possible in the West. I thought that was the plan, to make MH more popular over here......

Yeah thats what i was thinking. Just seems like people talking about the console that its only NA getting it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Yo please tell me they'll release that PS4 Pro model in the rest of the world! That looks great!

Eolz

The plan was trying consoles again to get another audience while leaving the previous one behind.
There's no real plan, considering that the game is not simplified like MHO, and that Sony won't care much about it despite something like an exclusivity (let's not act like the X1 version will sell well, and the PC version will come months late with no crossplay), just like they did with Nioh and other japanese games before that.

I'm really not sure where people see how it'll become magically some huge success in the west. The game, marketing, and other strategic support is not showing anything towards this way.

How do I buy that sick PRO model!

Im gonna be first in line to preorder that shit

The plan was trying consoles again to get another audience while leaving the previous one behind.
There's no real plan, considering that the game is not simplified like MHO, and that Sony won't care much about it despite something like an exclusivity (let's not act like the X1 version will sell well, and the PC version will come months late with no crossplay), just like they did with Nioh and other japanese games before that.

I'm really not sure where people see how it'll become magically some huge success in the west. The game, marketing, and other strategic support is not showing anything towards this way.

The fuck did I just read

The plan isn't to leave the previous audience behind. Stop it.

Edit: Also lol on what planet did they not care about Nioh?

gogogow

Well, it won't be a huge success if they don't push it hard in the West, like releasing a bundle with a special designed PS4. Unfortunate if this bombs hard in the West. And Japan is still a ? for a console-only MH, the last one was released in 2009. They need the Western audience to make up for losing a part of the JP audience. Capcom, what are you doing!?

This is the dumbest fucking post in this thread. I thought it'd be Sammy's post, but congrats. You've outdone Sammy.

So by your logic, did they also abandon the previous audience they'd built on PS2 when they moved to PSP? And then did they abandon the audience again going from PSP to Wii, and then Wii to 3DS?

Sammy, take notes from this guy. This is how you troll. Not the weak shit you've been peddling lately.

Eolz

The plan isn't to leave the previous audience behind. Stop it.

The plan with World is not to leave the audience cultivated on Nintendo platforms for years before that? That's news to me.
Talking about potential Nintendo games that don't exist yet also don't bring anything to this discussion.

There's nothing bad in trying to get a new audience, but taking some hardcore fans that have all platforms available as an example about how they won't lose that audience is a bit stupid. It's just going from one to another for the most part.
But no, there's nothing showing some masterplan that'll make MHW some huge western success compensating and completing the previous ones.

edit since I didn't see your edit:
On what planet was releasing multiple trailers then a basic physical edition (not even a basic limited physical one) and no commercials or any marketing at release caring about Nioh?

Nice. Can't wait to play this. That trailer was amazing.

This is the dumbest fucking post in this thread. I thought it'd be Sammy's post, but congrats. You've outdone Sammy.

So by your logic, did they also abandon the previous audience they'd built on PS2 when they moved to PSP? And then did they abandon the audience again going from PSP to Wii, and then Wii to 3DS?

Sammy, take notes from this guy. This is how you troll. Not the weak shit you've been peddling lately.
Lol

The plan with World is not to leave the audience cultivated on Nintendo platforms for years before that? That's news to me.
Talking about potential Nintendo games that don't exist yet also don't bring anything to this discussion.

There's nothing bad in trying to get a new audience, but taking some hardcore fans that have all platforms available as an example about how they won't lose that audience is a bit stupid. It's just going from one to another for the most part.
But no, there's nothing showing some masterplan that'll make MHW some huge western success compensating and completing the previous ones.

Your colors are showing

You cant sit here and argue Nintendo shit without acknowledging Sony as well

Multiple bases have been screwed over the history of the franchise thanks to exclusivity

Now we are finally breaking free. This is the most inclusive release in the series history

Simultaneous Global release, 3 platforms, Cross region play. And hell we all know Nintendo is still gonna get a 5th gen game

So drop the bullshit. This is the best case scenario based on precedent alone. This approach is easily superior than past practices that ALWAYS excluded someone

Awesome, Xenoblade in December and monster hunter in January

FqTIZWk.gif

So we're they abandoning the audience they'd been building on PlayStation since the franchise inception when they went all in on Nintendo platforms?

There are still a lot of fans who will play Monster Hunter regardless of what platform it's on, but Monster Hunter couldn't stay on 3DS forever. This game has been in development for a long time, before Switch was even a thing. Capcom wanted to try and bring the series forwards and so PS4, XB1 and PC make sense. I'm sure if Switch was a thing earlier it would have also been included as well.

So we're they abandoning the audience they'd been building on PlayStation since the franchise inception when they went all in on Nintendo platforms?

There are still a lot of fans who will play Monster Hunter regardless of what platform it's on, but Monster Hunter couldn't stay on 3DS forever. This game has been in development for a long time, before Switch was even a thing. Capcom wanted to try and bring the series forwards and so PS4, XB1 and PC make sense. I'm sure if Switch was a thing earlier it would have also been included as well.

IN before we forget Switch already has a Monster Hunter game and likely a 5th gen version in development

And if you are mad about XX not coming over Ill tell you Im still mad about Portable 3rd and 3rd HD

Trust me... We arent all that different even when we are on different platforms. Capcom has made all of us suffer

So dont be so sour and lets ya know... support each other and acknowledge that MHworld is a great step up and forward

EDIT: Quoted you to build on your argument not direct my answer towards you lol. This is a bad habit of mine with quoting

IN before we forget Switch already has a Monster Hunter game and likely a 5th gen version in development

And if you are mad about XX not coming over Ill tell you Im still mad about Portable 3rd and 3rd HD

Trust me... We arent all that different even when we are on different platforms. Capcom has made all of us suffer

So dont be so sour and lets ya know... support each other and acknowledge that MHworld is a great step up and forward

EDIT: Quoted you to build on your argument not direct my answer towards you lol. This is a bad habit of mine with quoting

Yeah I get what you're saying. Nintendo fans are throwing their toys out of the pram but when Capcom completely dumped PlayStation for about half a decade, that was fine?

Vita would have been a perfect platform for the 4th Generation of Monster Hunter, more so than 3DS from a hardware perspective and look what happened. I still remember Nintendo fans lambasting Vita owners who expected Monster Hunter on their next gen PSP.

Top Bottom