• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World coming 26/1/2018 for PS4/XB1, CE Edition announced

Monster Hunter: World - Hunting 101 Trailer

DKEmcvoWsAA51UJ.jpg:large

DKEm6rDW0AEdAQA.jpg:large

Edit: Sorry non Europeans, I used our format of dates.

CamHostage

The trailer (not yet linked outside the YT stream) showed what seemed like a heavy element of story stuff in there, I've not played MH much but isn't it mostly just lore in the towns and then the hunts are quests mostly don't get strung up with storytelling/cutscenes?

Raide

How are MonHun games usually regarding DLC, expansions, micro? Considering to pick it up.

Recent games have had monthly themed content drops. Expansions are usually a G version released 12 months after. No idea what they will do with World.

How are MonHun games usually regarding DLC, expansions, micro? Considering to pick it up.

Dlc usually are free missions and cosmetics. Sometimes sub-especies that were only playable offline.
Tri also had some timed events like Jhen or Ala.

Expansions are G versions, where they add G Rank, new and returning monsters and new mechanics.

Melchior

I wasn't expecting that release date drop my heart skipped a beat. Holy moly. I'll be double dipping for ps4 and pc versions. Cannot wait for this.

Raide

Jan launch basically means I will be playing World up until E3 hah. Nothing else matters.

Hoping for some 1X details soon.

First Monter Hunter I'll pick up. Can't fathom playing this on the small 3DS screen, but the kind of game interests me. Will be there on X1, not day one probably but not far off.

Foffy

Banned
Recent games have had monthly themed content drops. Expansions are usually a G version released 12 months after. No idea what they will do with World.

I imagine G Rank will be paid DLC this time as a themed expansion, considering the platforms in question.

Vuze

Shit, didn't expect it so early. New trailer was lit, PS4 Pro looks nice. PC version when tho 😭

Raide

I imagine G Rank will be paid DLC this time as a themed expansion, considering the platforms in question.

Yeah, I get the feeling it could be season pass stuff. If the content is good, then I would be OK with that but they have to tread carefully. World could be massive on home consoles if they do it right.

Plum

That's definitely a lot sooner than I expected. Not sure I'd be ready to buy something as time-consuming as a MH game then, though.

Kysen

Looks like Capcom is betting the farm on this game and im all in. Looks like a massive step up over the 3DS games.

holy. moly.

I really, really want that PS4 Pro. Rathalos is my favorite monster from the series (and arguably the most iconic one). I'll absolutely buy it if it makes a US release. I'll probably even consider a Japanese import if it doesn't.

I also want that CE, but I hope that "Product Code Card" doesn't mean the game case is just for show.

Top Bottom