• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn on ESPN to see 7 foot 6 Tacko Fall play basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
If you're bored UCF and TCU are playing in the men's NIT final four. UCF has a dude Tacko Fall from Senegal who's 7"6 which is similar to Yao Ming.

4e2642a80014ddf0cbbd42f81f7524ea.jpg

f88ae770-84b4-11e4-a816-cbfed082bd4d_IMG_2551.jpg

0.jpg

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Its sad i couldnt even jump and high five that guy if he held his hands that high flat footed.

I can understand fucking up USF and UCF. USF is dumb as rocks and named their school wrong as they're actually in central Florida, not south Florida. And UCF is also in central Florida.

But come on.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
My cousin is 7 foot 1, you never get quite used to how tall he is. 7'6" is just crazy.

Is he a legit prospect with skills or size novelty only?
He's only been playing basketball for 5 years now. But he's developing his game rapidly. He needs at least another year.

But he's big, not just tall, and already he's floated around as a late round pick even now.

I root for Tacko Fall but he's just not a good basketball player. Like most guys over 7'0" he's slow, can't get back in time, and has a very simple game that gets easily shut down. Still it's a marvel seeing a guy that tall on the court.

Back when I was in HS/College. Neal Fingleton (RIP), the British-born basketball marvel played in the Patriot League for Holy Cross, and I was able to see him play several times both in High school and college, even when Holy Cross made a run at the tournament one year (losing a close first round game ot Kentucky). Fingleton was 7'7" or 7'8", and a star in High school because of his height (a catholic high school called Holy Name). He was recruited, but cut, by UNC, and then went to Holy Cross, a small academic college in Massachusetts. Despite his size, he couldn't reliably start in the Patriot League and only put in about 10-20 minutes per game. He's probably better known for being one of the giants in Game of Thrones, having the north gate crash down on his head at the end of Season 1 or Season 2, dying in the Wall. Fingleton, sadly, died a few weeks ago.

Fall is a better player than Fingleton, but both are likely destined for the same result, being better known for something other than basketball.

Is he a legit prospect with skills or size novelty only?

Won't make the pros. He's improved this season, but he's an older player as is (21 or 22 this season), and has a fairly low ceiling.

Nialrot

Go Knights!

Last weeks game against Illinois was unreal in the CFE arena. Atmosphere was amazing.

Hope they win. Would love to fly out and catch the championship game.

Again, he's only been playing at any level for 5 years.

Kind of impossible to say he's hit his ceiling.

He's 21 and his body is going to be a detriment as much as it will be an advantage as he ages. There is not a good track record for guys that size being professional basketball players. The human body is not meant to be that big in the first place, compounding it by jumping and running as much as ball players do only makes it worse.

Not saying he's going to have a 15 year career. I'm just saying he can improve more. And I think to the point he's draftable in the 1st round. Likely at the end of next year if he can stay healthy.

One guy I do hope gets some legit looks is Matt Williams. His shot and quick release has to be an asset I would think to someone.

Kevtones

Mamadou from UC Irvine's agent or brokers or whatever is across the hall from my work.

Guy is friendly as hell and pretty funny but I was actually startled the first time I saw him. 7'6'' is no joke and it makes Robert Waldo (8'11'') even crazier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom