• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

JeTmAn81

Yeah, I can understand that a bit but eh, when we're in an age when folks are getting free money from folks for just streaming, asking for a code is refreshingly honest.

Just to nitpick, KBR isn't a pro. He isn't paid to to play the game unlike the sponsored players. He's a top-tier competitor but not a pro, at least IMO.

You're right, it seems a like a lot of e-sports folks refer to themselves as professionals when they don't fit the strict definition of the word. Still, KBR's life revolves around this stuff.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
2017 reminder that daigo is washed up

UXPNQvj.jpg

Dlent

I've been browsing on play asia, and found Nitroplus Blasterz to be on sale for $17.99. Click here

Should I get it? Is there any difference between the Japanese and U.S. versions?

Would recommend waiting for a steam sale. I don't know if there are any performance differences, but all the DLC is included in the Steam version and there's at least a small community for matchmaking in discord/Steam Communities.

Tried out For Honor today, and I'm not sure if I like it enough to buy it at launch. Saw a lot of comparisons to Fighting Games going around, but it feels watered down in a lot of ways, particularly movement. Hope it improves over time, because I really like some parts of the game; it just got old over the course of playing for a day.

To my knowledge no differences what so ever. If you got the game already then congrats. I double dipped and got it for PC after I got the PS3 copy. I keep hoping someday someone makes Ouka a threat, but her hurtbox is too easy to pick off inspite of her fast speed, damage and ranged options. Just better to play Homura, Sonico or any of the other top tier considering how easy it is to setup folks in this game to open up the damage floodgates.

I saw that Saber is in this game, probably the first character I would try out or main for that matter since she's my favorite character in fate/stay night.

Would recommend waiting for a steam sale. I don't know if there are any performance differences, but all the DLC is included in the Steam version and there's at least a small community for matchmaking in discord/Steam Communities.

I guess I can wait for steam sale, I do have steam credits to spend.

shaowebb

I saw that Saber is in this game, probably the first character I would try out or main for that matter since she's my favorite character in fate/stay night.

Saber is some beastly damage. Beam sword super is terrific. Whats great for her are either counter assists to prevent folks from pressuring her or something to lock folks down forever like the Zombie stampede, locusts or ESPECIALLY the dragon assist with the girl screaming a beam super that goes out at an angle locking out jump options and forcing folks to face Saber head on. Outside of that the baseball assist is great for combo extensions because Sabre knocks folks the fuck away too often. Check this one out with baseball assist.

https://fat.gfycat.com/PalatableFlusteredCooter.webm

As I recall, he asked Capcom folks on twitter for a code when they announced it. Doesn't hurt to try and use your fame for a bit of something.

Lots of players get flown out pretty on someone else's dime and they'll sometimes walk away with the prize pool. It seems strange to me to knock the guy for a code, lol. If you can get it for free by asking, why not?

I don't think asking for a code bothers people in general, but it becomes more of a straw on the camel's back sort of thing due to his poor reputation in the fgc. People really liked KBR when he broke onto the international scene, but it never seems like he's willing to do anything to improve the way people think of him.

Saber is some beastly damage. Beam sword super is terrific. Whats great for her are either counter assists to prevent folks from pressuring her or something to lock folks down forever like the Zombie stampede, locusts or ESPECIALLY the dragon assist with the girl screaming a beam super that goes out at an angle locking out jump options and forcing folks to face Saber head on. Outside of that the baseball assist is great for combo extensions because Sabre knocks folks the fuck away too often. Check this one out with baseball assist.

https://fat.gfycat.com/PalatableFlusteredCooter.webm

That's pretty awesome.

Buff v-reversales and revert grey damage nerf and it could be better. Or could patch in rolling after throw or command throw (or nerf the throw loops, etc).

Yeah, but even then a lot of the fundamental complaints would remain. Fireballs still would be bad. Stubby normals would still exist. You know the deal.

https://twitter.com/BlaQnyc/status/830224406576242689

Xian and Alioune were talking about the game in this series of tweets.

True. I'm not really sure why either. Though, there's really not much he can do nowadays to improve his rep unless he has some serious resources to back him up.

Admitting to misguided or selfish behavior and then taking positive actions towards the community slowly over time would work just fine. The dude isn't a pariah, people just think he's an ungrateful freeloader. It's not like he's slapping ass and punching people on streams.

True. I'm not really sure why either. Though, there's really not much he can do nowadays to improve his rep unless he has some serious resources to back him up.

Heh, only a handful of West Coast events and they both decide to do it on the same weekend.

so how many ppl you flying out to nwm this year? lol

Shouta

Wow, you're really down on it, huh? Understandable, though, considering what happened.

Me? Yeah. I haven't been satisfied with the look of any events to spend capital. The ones I am satisfied with don't need it. Lots of communities aren't getting any help growing either which bothers me a helluva lot. I'm all about growing events but doing so for as many communities as possible. Bunch of other things as well but the aforementioned is why I'm not keen on spending energy.

Uraizen

Banned
To my knowledge no differences what so ever. If you got the game already then congrats. I double dipped and got it for PC after I got the PS3 copy. I keep hoping someday someone makes Ouka a threat, but her hurtbox is too easy to pick off inspite of her fast speed, damage and ranged options. Just better to play Homura, Sonico or any of the other top tier considering how easy it is to setup folks in this game to open up the damage floodgates.

You know the PC version is a rebalance or two ahead of the console versions, right?

https://smash.gg/tournament/final-round-20/details

Final Round is at 317 attendees currently. It is March 10th to March 12th this year.

They gotta get that new SFV patch out ASAP.

Frosty Faustings, a non-CPT Guilty Gear event from a few weeks ago, reached it's 256 player cap for SF5 well before the event...yet the bigger event FR pre-reg is only around 160.

Translation: it's not about SF5.

All games are looking low this year. Even Tekken...and FR is a big Tekken event.

shaowebb

You know the PC version is a rebalance or two ahead of the console versions, right?

Really? Shit I owned it and didn't even know. I usually get this info from the facebook group but they went silent on that one. Please say Ruili's kick super is still boss as fuck damage.

That's what he can do in the over-arching sense but when you get down to the specifics, I dunno. I mean, what can he do positively towards the community over time that would help his rep? He can make amends with folks that feel wronged by him and that'll at least patch that up but then what specifically? I'm drawing a blank myself on that when looking at the overall situation. He's personable at events, will play with anyone regardless of game, shares tech, does a lot of work for his community back home, etc. What else could he do? Not use social media at all? lol
I think he should use social media more, but in a positive way instead of a way to beg around for free stuff and dismiss other people's contributions. Maybe use his social media to highlight more of the Chilean community to the international audience. Regardless of what people think of him, he's still one of the most followed players from his region and he can use that as a tool for his scene.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Same date as Northwest Majors

Alas. :( I was told we ended up finding out it was the same weekend way too late to change dates, and the..odd nature of CPT this year made it so that it would not be as big of a deal this year. Though folks have told me that we are coordinating with WCW on featured games, etc, so that people don't have as hard of a choice to make.

People already have their filter on when they see anything he does, so it would take something very out of character and "good" (in terms of the US Marvel Gods) in order for people to even start to change their views on him.

Heh, only a handful of West Coast events and they both decide to do it on the same weekend.

IMO, CPT has super duper screwed the pooch this year. They have basically caused mass havoc with event timing due to what appears to be a lack of coordination as well as indecision on how to run CPT.

Me? Yeah. I haven't been satisfied with the look of any events to spend capital. The ones I am satisfied with don't need it. Lots of communities aren't getting any help growing either which bothers me a helluva lot. I'm all about growing events but doing so for as many communities as possible. Bunch of other things as well but the aforementioned is why I'm not keen on spending energy.

:(

This has not been a growth year for the FGC, despite the amount of money being poured in. The money hasn't changed the fact that we can't coordinate or build hype in appropriate ways, and honestly, the aftertaste by many pros of CPT and S2 in SFV has hurt as well. Folks are grinding, but they aren't excited - and that seems apparent. It is hard to grow the community when people don't seem to be having that much fun actually playing the game(s) itself.

Dlent

Really? Shit I owned it and didn't even know. I usually get this info from the facebook group but they went silent on that one. Please say Ruili's kick super is still boss as fuck damage.

I completely forgot to mention that; I never owned the console versions. Only get the Steam version in that case, don't bother with console regardless of price. It was a pretty extensive patch too: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s454/sh/33453005-c52c-4e68-a405-b8b410af55ab/b2a711378519348149b0a3e41105c59e

Shouta

Alas. :( I was told we ended up finding out it was the same weekend way too late to change dates, and the..odd nature of CPT this year made it so that it would not be as big of a deal this year. Though folks have told me that we are coordinating with WCW on featured games, etc, so that people don't have as hard of a choice to make.

People already have their filter on when they see anything he does, so it would take something very out of character and "good" (in terms of the US Marvel Gods) in order for people to even start to change their views on him.

IMO, CPT has super duper screwed the pooch this year. They have basically caused mass havoc with event timing due to what appears to be a lack of coordination as well as indecision on how to run CPT.

:(

This has not been a growth year for the FGC, despite the amount of money being poured in. The money hasn't changed the fact that we can't coordinate or build hype in appropriate ways, and honestly, the aftertaste by many pros of CPT and S2 in SFV has hurt as well. Folks are grinding, but they aren't excited - and that seems apparent. It is hard to grow the community when people don't seem to be having that much fun actually playing the game(s) itself.

Pretty much, everyone's kinda screwing the pooch right now, lol.

Top Bottom