• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Well, that person's profile says "PS Network User ID: kingles08" so I could make a wild guess, he/she referred to PSN, but I do understand that some people can't afford to lose around 1,6 seconds of their precious lifes to check that kind of things. ;)

Oh when you've spent enough time on these forums you'll know that not everyone lists their ID's on the profile page.

Its polite to let us know what your SEN/XBL handle is and on what platform. If you're really nice you will even tell us where you are playing from, since the timezones on earth are a bit of a mystery when saying "can anyone play online this evening?" :D

Never thought i actually would have to select a conquest map in the search to avoid this garbage. Ugh.

Uh...what morons use quick match and then complaing about it? It takes like 1.5 seconds to click Server Browsers and choose the map of your liking. Really. Don't complain, grow a brain. Yes, it might only take .5 seconds just to click Quick Match...is 1 fucking second that important to you?

Kingles

Neo Member
Sorry guys (well i'm not really sorry ;). I am from the U.K and mainly play of an evening but can get on now and then in the day too.

olimpia84

Uh...what morons use quick match and then complaing about it? It takes like 1.5 seconds to click Server Browsers and choose the map of your liking. Really. Don't complain, grow a brain. Yes, it might only take .5 seconds just to click Quick Match...is 1 fucking second that important to you?

You can actually pick any map from quick match as well.

phew, got that air ribbon :D thanks olimpia or boatack or whoever was flying :D

now i just need that ridiculous mcom defender ribbon...

as for squad rush and squad dm, join a random game, first check the scoreboard, if your squad is losing or not keeping up, just quit and find a new game until you find a good team vs 3 noob-teams or something :p (or ask GAF to help)

So for the first time I just played conquest mode...it looks really awesome (and the maps are HUGE) but damn I suck at it...it's particularly humiliating to receive a tank shot right in the face, lol.

Sadetar

Oh when you've spent enough time on these forums you'll know that not everyone lists their ID's on the profile page.

Its polite to let us know what your SEN/XBL handle is and on what platform. If you're really nice you will even tell us where you are playing from, since the timezones on earth are a bit of a mystery when saying "can anyone play online this evening?" :D
Totta, jotkut ihmiset kuitenkin näköjään laittavat jopa ihan kaupungin tarkkuudella tietonsa. Itse luotan siihen, ettei se aikavyöhyke Suomen sisällä onnistu muuttumaan. ;)

Well, that is true. I just take it in a way, that if they don't add specifics, they just don't want it enough to happen. Even though I also agree with you, that it would be very polite and time saving to add that kind of information, if you are asking company to play with you.

Does GAF btw have some sort of a "meta tag" for BF3 (Xbox) that I could add and find people from here to play with? I mean I am most likely trying to get my ass out of bed on Tuesday at 10 am (Finland UTC +2), 8 am (UK, UTC 0), Monday-Tuesday Midnight (for example California, UTC -8) and it would be easy to have many people from here on a one place to check if they are online.

Oh and what do you think, is it ok to check own friends' friends list to see if someone is playing if the friend itself is offline? I hope that the sentence made any sense.

Winning anything with randoms is impossible somedays.
The sad words of truth.

redhot_

Its EXTREMELY important! lol, but i was more so just being stubborn and wanted it to actually do its job and cycle the maps. simmer down buddy.

PROSTHETIC

Neo Member
what stick layout do you jet pilots use? I just switched to Legacy so I can roll and change pitch better but it's gonna take awhile to learn a new layout.

olimpia84

Got my first pilot air warfare ribbon yesterday playing Damavand Peak Conquest. Feels good! So far all my ribbons were as a gunner. I think I have 15 left for the medal =/

HildyB

Two cheevos from 100% Skyrim, but I need a break. I'll be back on BF3 (360) more
GT: PixelStyles

I forget how much I love this game every time I play it I just fall for it all over again.

paskowitz

Pretty sad this isn't common knowledge. Even more sad that DICE refuses to put in a tutorial mode to let people know about this stuff. So many things I had to find out about BF3 from watching videos, that should be explained in the game.

Nothing kills me more than when a random gunner does not flare. Then when he is the pilot, he suddenly knows how. Just as bad is when the gunners knows there is an enemy helicopter right in front of us, because I spotted it, yet he proceeds to shoot targets on the ground. Ugh.

BoatAck

Pretty sad this isn't common knowledge. Even more sad that DICE refuses to put in a tutorial mode to let people know about this stuff. So many things I had to find out about BF3 from watching videos, that should be explained in the game.

Especially considering they put a tutorial in 1943, a $15 downloadable game. In addition to lacking the unlocks higher level players have, this puts newer payers at more of a disadvantage. I think that this somewhat harms the experience for everyone. It craps the game for experienced players who get stuck on a team with players still learning things that could have been taught in a tutorial and it sucks for the newer players who become easy pickings while they try to learn the game.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

I want what 1943 had as a tutorial in BF3
----

I hope BC3(when/if) has a tutorial... I also hope they have humor in the game....

*remembers Haggerd(?) runs shooting his gun in the air yelling "there's gold in them trucks" in Bc1*

Sometimes you still get hit by the enemy rocket if you do it at the exact moment the video suggests. The only flare that works with no problems is the jet flare. With choppers is best to use it a bit earlier.

yeah, if you're close enough to it's point of origin, the missile will still hit you because it's only repelled a certain amount relative to it's forward momentum.

Why is the flare on the left trigger for the chopper gunner anyway? I always try to zoom in and accidentally use it.

many of the choices made for controller configuration in the game baffle me.

gl0w

good for you but it isn't working for me either. 4 months after launch and still no fix.

true, how is this even possible, the squad system used to work properly on BC2. Is really that hard to fix it ? If i want to join as a squad full of 4 players, just find a goddamn server with 4 free slots available on the SAME TEAM.

or a big patch is going to be release that will fix all the problems currently in the game.. or, we will not see a fix for this anytime soon.

Hey! 360 user here. I am going to a friends house tonight and want to give him an introduction to BF3. Is there a way we can play with his profile online using the Karkand map pack that I own?

From what I understand I can find a trial code here: https://onlinepass.battlefield.com/ just so we can play with his Gamertag. I was going to copy the big update to my USB stick and copy that over. I am wondering if my profile is signed onto player 2 if it will consider it purchased and allow him to play online with it?

Thanks for any responses.

ziadoz

Neo Member
Just when I thought we might get some news on a PS3 input lag issue being fixed it looks like we're back on to blaming peoples TVs again (despite the fact BC2 worked just fine).

The video about changing your sensitivity up then back down looks like it may actually improve the situation (assuming it's not fake). If it's true then surely DICE should have enough information to work out how to patch in a permanent fix soon.

"If you are experiencing PS3 input lag, please check that your TV is in game mode. We have just fixed a laggy PS3 by enabling game mode."
https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/170186165712990209

"For Samsung TVs Game Mode can be turned On in the General Settings."
https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/170186670514249730

"If your TV does not have Game Mode, some users are suggesting PC mode works nicely for their TVs."
https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/170191150244827136

"You may also try disabling AA in the BF3 options menu, some users report that improves performance."
https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/170193108494061568

"Also try this fix from @xKidera: After changing to a higher sensitivity and back to original, lag decreases http://tinyurl.com/8xxv8nm"
https://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/170194884232351744

U2NUMB

Hey! 360 user here. I am going to a friends house tonight and want to give him an introduction to BF3. Is there a way we can play with his profile online using the Karkand map pack that I own?

From what I understand I can find a trial code here: https://onlinepass.battlefield.com/ just so we can play with his Gamertag. I was going to copy the big update to my USB stick and copy that over. I am wondering if my profile is signed onto player 2 if it will consider it purchased and allow him to play online with it?

Thanks for any responses.

I would say bring your console or put your profile on a USB stick and then sign in and redownload the content on his 360.

Just when I thought we might get some news on a PS3 input lag issue being fixed it looks like we're back on to blaming peoples TVs again (despite the fact BC2 worked just fine).

The video about changing your sensitivity up then back down looks like it may actually improve the situation (assuming it's not fake). If it's true then surely DICE should have enough information to work out how to patch in a permanent fix soon.

Whats worse is it worked in the beta.

Top Bottom