• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Jetski isn't that bad on PC. *sunglasses* Now that transport jeep thing... AWFUL. Set it to sprint and you're sawing at the wheel.

olimpia84

Halfway there

piE2Tuu.jpg

Leveling up in this game is a joke and the amount of sudden unlockables is ridiculous.

olimpia84

Also check out my right side dogtag, it's the best thing ever. It's basically a combination of a trolling message with haters gonna hate.

TheSeks

It's only a joke this time because they removed the weapon unlocks to where they lowered the rank requirements, frankly it's a good thing because BF3's system was hilariously awful. Put in time and only get up about rank 45 and then have to DOUBLE your time to get max rank with no unlocks. At least here the two are separate and depending on what you do (raise pistols, assaults, DMR, carbines) it may take your whole level ranking career to get them all.

Frankly, I prefer it. Makes rank nothing but a number in most cases.

Also BF3 related: Dunno if anyone has seen this but this is DICE employee exclusive in BF3. Bananas.

They put it in the snipers in BF4. Some as default, some as a "Battlepack" accessory. Buuuuut: they threw in a 40x scope in addition that can be a default unlock of Battlepack accessory as well.

Absolutely absurd. There's no need for that level of magnification on most of the maps. I guess it'll be good if you don't want to calculate drops, I guess... maybe?

TheSeks

I'll make it if you guys are serious about doing this.

However, can't we wait for at least a day to see how a megathread will work out?

EXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXPOSED.

Ya'll should just post in the BF4 thread like Faceless does. Cowards.

Fuck the megathread.

I'll make a super-jank MS Paint thread tonight.

I don't trust your words or your ability to stick to a time.

:p

However, I'll take the MS-Paint Graphics if you make them.

Also, if we do make one are we going to throw it in OT first, or are we keeping it here?

I don't trust your words or your ability to stick to a time.

:p

However, I'll take the MS-Paint Graphics if you make them.

Also, if we do make one are we going to throw it in OT first, or are we keeping it here?

Keeping it here. I want a console community thread so me and my bros have a place to do what we've been doing. If we get new people, fine--but I'm not trying to attract new people. Better the devils I know.

Hard for me to do this, but I'm going to take the same stance as faceless.

I will also be sticking to the OT thread for all future BF4 discussions.

So it's up to you guys/supper to decide if a separate console thread is really worth it.

Today in Important news from the BF4 OT

Console Server Update (PS3/X360)
During the Nov 13 maintenance window mentioned above, we will roll out the latest server update for X360 and PS3. This server update will include the following fixes:
• Temporarily disabled the ”Indirect Fire” and ”Perimeter Defense” Field Upgrades on PS3 as they caused the game to crash when spawning. This is a temporary workaround while we work to solve the issue altogether.
• Fixed a number of dog tags that were showing up as blank in-game.
• Lowered the damage caused by Mobile AA Active Radar missiles to aircraft. The previous damage was incorrectly set too high.
• Improved server crash reporting and performance tracking on all platforms. This should further help us identify and fix server crashes going forward.

Upcoming console client patches (PS3/X360)
We are testing and finalizing upcoming client patches for PS3 and X360. We will be able to give you an ETA on these at a later date. You can always find the latest info in this thread.

the bolded was a source of frustration for me last night. i was like "why is this game freezing way more than usual!?!?!"

T-570

The great thing about BF360GAF was how tight a group we had. It was deep enough that we never really struggled to fill a squad and broad enough that we all had fun playing the same game for two years. Shenanigans abounded and we still won.

It'd be nice to absorb more similarly minded people, but that's not going to happen in the megathread. If you guys don't want to come with us into a united PSBF4GAF, fair enough.

burnfout

I think we should try the megathread OT first, the maps and player count are the same as PC now, and I don't see a lot of specs/drivers talk.

The great thing about BF360GAF was how tight a group we had. It was deep enough that we never really struggled to fill a squad and broad enough that we all had fun playing the same game for two years. Shenanigans abounded and we still won.

It'd be nice to absorb more similarly minded people, but that's not going to happen in the megathread. If you guys don't want to come with us into a united PSBF4GAF, fair enough.

This group is not going to go away, and this thread won't be the only thing to keep people together. PS3BF3GAF has tons of players that don't even post much (rockscar) or let alone have an account (dantheman.) We don’t need, and shouldn’t need, a private club thread just for the preservation of our little group as if we’re some aging outcasts. The dream of a united PS4BF4GAF, as it is, will be perfectly fine. As for same minded people. It’s up to new players to decide if they want to play with us. This is not a private clan forum where we decide who to accept or who to reject. And even if that is our intention, a public forum like GAF is not the right place to do it.

Not to mention, if past history has been any indication, it’s going to be the same few of us posting over and over again anyway.

Most of the console players on the OT have expressed they do not feel a separate thread is necessary, and I feel the same. The PC side (other than that THESEKS) has been friendly for their inevitable console crowd inflow, and Overdoziz’s PC performance thread has successfully given the spec/tech talk to a minimum.

We should really give it a shot guys.

We won? NICE. Queue the music. Win Win Win, Win-Win Win.

Winning isn't everything, but it sure beats getting yelled at by Lost.

Wait till you hear Olympia yell at you or have me type my wall of text into your pm box.

I don't see the upside of using the OT, mostly because I don't see the benefit of a "community" that I'll never play with. It's not about avoiding spec/driver talk at this point--for me it's about avoiding the morons in gen-pop.

If this makes me a baby, then I'm proudly a big-ass baby.

olimpia84

How is the leveling different? Is it only 100 hours to reach full level? :(

I don't think so. It probably takes more than 100 hours since the higher you level up the longer it takes to gain a new level but from past experience (BC2 and BF3) leveling feels way faster in this game.

what are you even talking about? i simply said i wasn't posting in another thread. that's got nothing to do with playing the game.

the best part was when i put a HVT mark on you and like half my team went after you and they all died... including some peeps who screamed when they crashed their chopper. go team!

Top Bottom