• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

gutshot

Here is the info on the Water Festival event: http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/waterfestival2017

Trainers,

Get ready to make some waves in Pokémon GO! There's a global Water Festival in progress, and Magikarp, Squirtle, Totodile, and friends are looking forward to celebrating with you! Starting today at 1 P.M. PDT, you'll be more likely to encounter Magikarp, Squirtle, Totodile, and their evolutions all around the world. Additionally, when you're out exploring areas where Water-type Pokémon more commonly appear, you'll have a greater chance to encounter several of the Water-type Pokémon originally discovered in the Johto region, and maybe... you might even encounter Lapras.

Also, starting later today, you'll notice a new avatar wardrobe item—the Magikarp Hat!

The Pokémon GO Water Festival is a limited-time celebration and will come to an end on March 29, 2017, at 1 P.M. PDT, so get outside and GO catch some Water-type Pokémon!

I work at a Water biome and already have my Feraligatr plus more Gyarados than I know what to do with. I wouldn't mind a Lapras though...

Zero_IYAD

Afer spinning 700 PokeStops & receiving only a single evo item on the 1st 7 day streak, I can't wait for the update.
Also the upcoming event is superb for me since I live in a desert area :D

Thank fuck for the evo items update. Something to look forward to each week!

I'm excited for this water event, there's a neighborhood with a small creek running alongside that I pass by on the way home known as "Dratini Alley" around here because you can see like 4-6 an hour cruising up an down that strip of road. I'll check it out later and see if there's increased spawns. And potential Lapras spawns are very exciting for my area as we don't get them at all here.

EDIT: So i just installed the new apk. There's now gender icons in the pokedex showing if you caught a male or female of each pokemon. Pretty cool, I bet there will be shiny icons some day too.

jnWake

They should have these type of events weekly/bi-weeky, like most other mobile games.

In any case, it's a cool one. Hope I can snag a Totodile.

Firemind

Feraligatr looks so malnourished in this game.

Doesn't look like the swole gatr from the originals at all.

feraligatr.png

Damn it. I'm done with water Pokémon. Chikorita would be more useful.

Last spawn migration was Chikoritas for me at my local park.

Hoping to get some Dratini's finally. I have two since launch and one was hatched.

Is there a site to check what biomes are in town?

ZeroCDR

Thanks all for the Poke Genie info, this thing works great! Very happy with what I've kept over time.

Swung by a Swinub nest for some last minute catching before they change, finally got a really good one.

HardRojo

So about 3 and a half hours from now for the event to start? Hopefully I can get a couple of Gyarados and the Totodile line as I have none of them. Does this event include ALL Water Pokémon? It wasn't clear.
Edit: NVM just read that again, so water bodies should give you a greater chance at finding Water Pokémon from Johto. Damn, time to go to the beach I guess?

Dishwalla

Banned
Pretty close to a second Feraligatr, so that will be cool. Really excited for upped chances at getting a Lapras though, I live near tons of water and have never seen one outside of gyms. It's the only Gen 1 Pokemon I don't have, excluding region exclusives.

HardRojo

Maybe you know by now but it's there! And free to wear too. As soon I got the game open there was a tentacool and staryu, nothing special I know but nice to see as a desert rat.

edit: and all water types besides one Abra on the tracker. Looking forward to going to the park later.

Gonna check right now. Guess it's time to go a see what I can catch today.

gutshot

Maybe you know by now but it's there! And free to wear too. As soon I got the game open there was a tentacool and staryu, nothing special I know but nice to see as a desert rat.

edit: and all water types besides one Abra on the tracker. Looking forward to going to the park later.

Do you have the updated client though? Because I'm not seeing it on mine and I'm pretty sure you need to have downloaded the update to get it.

Water event is live, a Seel and Mantine are on sightings at my work, never see those here. No water in sight either, so this isn't biome specific.

LMAO, first karp I catch is a Ditto.

Oxx

There were multiple Omanytes around these parts, but I only bothered catching the one outside my house.

Overflowing with water mons.

gutshot

Yeah, just saw a Seel for the first time. So I guess that means more than just the Johto region water 'mons are spawning at an increased rate? Although I am seeing a ton of Woopers and Marills now too.

Ironically enough, this event will likely lead to a decrease of Magikarp catches for me, since I normally catch 20-30 a day here at work but now they seem to be replaced with Marills and Woopers.

HardRojo

I swear if I don't get another Gyarados during this event and all the Totodile family, I'll be mad! Another Lapras wouldn't hurt either. Please Arceus, smile upon me!

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
News item says 7-day spins are guaranteed evolution items now.

My 7-day spin had an Upgrade :(

Also heading on a cruise next week so spins will impossible

JavyOO7

Shit, I'd love to catch a shiny. But a Lapras even more so...

Let's see what happens when I go home today and visit lake by my apartment complex. Can't wait!

HardRojo

I wish I had a radar to know which Pokémon spawn close to my place. Back when that Pokémon nearby radar worked I was able to spot Snorlax, Aerodactyl and some Eevee evolutions a few blocks away and I'd just go out and catch them :(

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
I've only gotten one evolution item since the Johto launch despite hitting the seven day streak every single time. Is this normal?

yeah. it was ensured to 7-day streaks at the very beginning of Johto, went away, and is now back and part of the ruleset.

Which is awesome, cause since Johto I've gotten 2 from 7 day streaks, and just 4 others, while spinning a TON of Pokestops.

They are rare rare rare. At least 7-day streaks mean you're bound to get one eventually (though imagine the weeks/months it'll take when you're down to the last one and it keeps spitting out ones you've already used)

People are confirming Lapras spawns all over my area, this is awesome! Already caught one at over 2000 CP.

I went to Dratini Alley after work and saw a cluster of 2, so I think Dratini spawns are part of this too.

HardRojo

Apparently I missed a Lapras that spawned a few blocks away from where I was farming Pokestops and lures :( At least that's what the 40 year old guy said.
And yeah, Gyarados looks fucking ugly.

Top Bottom