• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

john tv

One more Q: do we need the update before day 7 gives an evo item? I'm about to hit day 7 in 2 hours, but the update isn't on the App Store yet and I don't wanna flip a Pokestop if I'm not gonna get the item...

Zero_IYAD

One more Q: do we need the update before day 7 gives an evo item? I'm about to hit day 7 in 2 hours, but the update isn't on the App Store yet and I don't wanna flip a Pokestop if I'm not gonna get the item...
Nope.
Got a Sun Stone (my 2nd evo item) a few hours after they announced the change.

Oxx

Finally got enough candy.

fZpnv5K.jpg

GulAtiCa

I'm super jealous. My eventual goal is to get 2 Magikarp Shineys (so that I have a Gyrados and a shiney Magikarp right next to each other)

Unrealistic Goal: 100% Shiny. lol

Awayze

Neo Member
Seen a few Blastoises but the spawn's were increased after gen 2 anyway. Dratini being common as Pidgey lasted about a day. Seen no other decent Pokemon yet either.

GulAtiCa

I now have 9 10KM eggs, Easter pls.

Would likely be better to start hatching them all now. Esp as that is like 3 weeks away.

What are you hoping to get out of a Easter possible event? Hopefully not 2x candy, since we just had that. Likely next major event will have 2x stardust or 2x exp I bet.

Oxx

I've had something like 10 2km eggs since I last saw a 10km egg.

I know it all equals out in the end, but it's a rough streak.

ZeroCDR

Would likely be better to start hatching them all now. Esp as that is like 3 weeks away.

What are you hoping to get out of a Easter possible event? Hopefully not 2x candy, since we just had that. Likely next major event will have 2x stardust or 2x exp I bet.

Just waiting and seeing really, it's not that far away. I don't expect candy but you never know. Hoping for a discount on incubators, I blew through my Xmas stash on Valentine's. Maybe a daily lucky egg from Pokestops? 2x Exp would be fine too.

I'll still hatch one at a time like I've been doing, but I'll just incubate whatever replaces the one I'm running now so I'll at least always have 8.

Zero_IYAD

Also got the update on Android a few hours ago.
I don't understand how the gender icons in the Pokedex are supposed to work!
I have both male & female Picachu, yet only one gender's icon is on!

Also got the update on Android a few hours ago.
I don't understand how the gender icons in the Pokedex are supposed to work!
I have both male & female Picachu, yet only one gender's icon is on!

some of mine have no symbols filled in at all. makes no sense lol

Are there any gender differences other than Wobbufet?

pikachus tail

sneasel's "hair"

there's more just cant remember lol

EDIT: i just realised in the pokedex if you press the female/male symbols you can switch between them to see the differences.

HardRojo

Are there any gender differences other than Wobbufet?

Yep, they started in Gen 4 IIRC, so you might not notice some of them right away if you didn't play those games. Female Pikachu's tail ends with a heart-shaped tip, Female Magikarp's whiskers are white, Heracross' horn has a different shape, etc.

Oxx

I used all of my pinup berries on magikarp yesterday. Today I have just been harvesting them with the Go Plus.

At least the Mantine plague has slowed down.

Teppic

It seems like you don't get a gender icon from evolving a pokemon. Only egg and catching.

Edit: Incorrect. I had one that I catched without an icon.

Had a good time after work. We finally got a decent Onyx nest, I hit that up and topped off my candies to get Steelix prepped. Then went to downtown to fill my bag back up and Lapras hunt. Got 2 Lapras and then out of nowhere a Shuckle shows up. Wasn't even on nearby, he just appeared at a stop I was at. I was pretty happy, as there is now a small Shuckle nest 45 mins away that I was thinking about hitting up this weekend, and now I don't need to. Also hatched a Dratini, lousy IVs but banked 32 candies.

At 225 now, got all evo item mons prepped except Porygon2. Excited for my item tomorrow morning...please no upgrade yet.

Has anyone calculated the spawn rate on shiny Magikarp yet?

Because I was at school today and holy crap:

Also finally hatched my first Dratini after having caught a Dragonite some time back, found my first Totodile, evolved an Omastar and have enough candy for a Slowking and Politoed.

Yet I've still never seen a Kabuto.

HardRojo

Fuck I spent several hours playing and walking today with a friend. She started a new account though as she didn't remember her old one. The hunt was good today, caught some interesting evolutions (no freaking Totodiles or anyone from its family though!) and I'm sure Magikarp is going to the endangered species list soon.

Yesterday I had like 120 Magikarp candies. Also, I finally got a Shiny Magikarp! Looking forward to getting another one so I can evolve it into a Gyarados, hopefully it'll have decent IVs too as the current one ain't too hot. BTW do Shiny Magikarp award more candies? It looked like it but I didn't pay attention.

Hatched 8 10k eggs today:

• 3 Larvitar
  • 1 Skarmory
  • 1 Dratini
  • 1 Lapras
  • 1 Pineco
  • 1 Aerodactyl
Only 1 Larvitar has good IVs (80%+ rating), the Dratini sucks, the Lapras is somewhat meh and I don't care about the others. 10k Pokémon should always be 80%+, it sucks when you get a rare one and its IVs aren't that good.

Here's the Magikarp! Went from 120 candies to that many today! And I have like 50 of them to transfer lol.

I totally missed that there was an event. Kind of annoying since I went out of town and expected to get a different set of catches. Oh well, I could finish off the Omanyte I had been travelling with for months, and get started on the Kabuto instead.

I had a bunch of old eggs lying around, but out of maybe 10 hatched since Gen 2, I've only had a single new one (Mantine...). That's pretty demoralizing. Is there a list of what can hatch from the different eggs now?

Joni

Every time a 10km egg hatches I quietly mutter to myself... "please don't be Mantine or Pineco" over and over again and cross my fingers.
I wouldn't mind a Pineco hatch as he is difficult to find in the wild. And he doesn't seem to nest.

Hatched 3 10kms.

Pineco, Mantine, Dratini.

Meh. At least it let me max out the Dragonite I evolved the other day.

Still yet to see a Lapras spawn from the event.

john tv

Rando Q: why do some Pokémon have a sort of blue aura behind them? (It's not just Magikarp, but this is the only pic I had handy.)

lwUtIBq.jpg

Thought maybe it was gender related but it's not. What's the deal?

Top Bottom