• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Rando Q: why do some Pokémon have a sort of blue aura behind them? (It's not just Magikarp, but this is the only pic I had handy.)

lwUtIBq.jpg

Thought maybe it was gender related but it's not. What's the deal?
These are the ones you caught recently (within the last day or so). That's all to it, sorry very unspectacular.

Joni

Visited a slightly disappointing Chikorita nest. Only got up to 107 Candies which is a waste for a long drive. I need to find 3 more.

HardRojo

I'm still so salty about that Gyarados. I'm checking now and none pop up in the nearby list. Why did it have to appear so late at night when campus was closed!?

Oxx

I'm in a no-pokestop area.

I might have to abandon mother's day and make a pilgrimage in order to get my 7 day streak.

So two days ago I went out to get some Magikarps. But then I ended up leveling up one gym after another. At the end of the day I trained myself into 6 new gyms and all of them were pretty good (lvl 6 or higher). Yesterday when I redemed my coins it was down to 3. Today all are gone -_-
Yep, that's my city. Luckily I have one gym that's been holding for a while.
But I ended up in a park in my city I didn't even know about. Saw a lot of new places on my way from one gym to another. Also this park seems to have Charmander Nest. Might check it out again soon.

HiResDes

So two days ago I went out to get some Magikarps. But then I ended up leveling up one gym after another. At the end of the day I trained myself into 6 new gyms and all of them were pretty good (lvl 6 or higher). Yesterday when I redemed my coins it was down to 3. Today all are gone -_-
Yep, that's my city. Luckily I have one gym that's been holding for a while.
But I ended up in a park in my city I didn't even know about. Saw a lot of new places on my way from one gym to another. Also this park seems to have Charmander Nest. Might check it out again soon.

I went from 10 to 3 in a night before lol

Joni

Found my first Lavitar, which I didn't dare to use a Pinab on. Then also caught a Chikorita which means I'm two away from a Meganium, and then I had two Onix run away after a single Pinab + Ultra Ball. The third one luckily didn't run away so I'm ready for Steelix.

Oxx

I managed to get to a pokestop in time for my 7 day streak.

A Dragon Scale is just for Kingdra, right?

I'm already hoarding items I don't need.

I managed to get to a pokestop in time for my 7 day streak.

A Dragon Scale is just for Kingdra, right?

I'm already hoarding items I don't need.
Yep. Got a Dragon Scale too. Happy to have Kingdra. Unfortunately it's CP values are bad.

I got every evo item once now (and 6 sun stones)

elguero

Spent a few hours searching out super rural gyms today. Hopefully I'll finally be able to keep some pokemon in gyms for more than an hour as the gym scene in my neighborhood is uber competitive.

*Encounters first Lapras spawn*
*Almost flips car doubling back to get to it before despawn*
*Is weaker in IV and CP (cp171) than 1st and only Lapras hatched @lvl12 (cp266)*

KJK3JUV.gif

I'm lvl27

Anyone else having issues with the game?

I keep getting all Pokemon disappear from the screen and my sightings/nearby go blank for 30 seconds or so and then load back in.
Happening really frequently, very annoying.

I must be the luckiest person out there regarding evolution items.
Got a dragon scale and metal coat from Pokestops today within one hour.
Now I only need one more king stone and I'm done with evolution items.

Anyone else having issues with the game?

I keep getting all Pokemon disappear from the screen and my sightings/nearby go blank for 30 seconds or so and then load back in.
Happening really frequently, very annoying.

Lots of.people are, I guess some are downloading and reinstalling earlier versions of the game to avoid them, the latest patch is a bug filled mess. I know I was absolutely raging yesterday because of how many times I had to restart my get because no pokemon were showing up.

Went for a PokeWalk yesterday with some friends, all 3 of them got a Shiny Magikarp

I'm screaming inside

A friend of mine got oneach on his first fish, it was a 10CP. Took me about 200 tries to get mine, not a wonder though.

Any word on if the Shiney goes through the event or ends with it?

HardRojo

Having problems on iOS with the latest patch. Sometimes my Pokémon on nearby and the overworld disappear for a couple of seconds as if there were problems with the server, weird shit and it gets a little annoying as that hadn't happened prior to the latest patch.

gutshot

Caught 2 shinys this weekend! Neither have very good IVs though and the one I evolved got trash moves. Have to collect some more candies to evolve the second, maybe that one will be better.

ZeroCDR

No shiny on my end yet, but Snorlax and Lapras popped up over the weekend. Neither were good but still cool to see them. Hatched a Dratini with really good stats too.

Arthos

Still hoping I find a Lapras before the event ends! I don't have a single one. I did manage to find a Shiny Karp. It's crap but I might just evolve it since I love how the Shiny Gyarados looks!

Pretty depressing that the shot at ever getting a shiny Magikarp/Gyarados plummets like 99% come tomorrow afternoon.

Wait, the event ends on the 28th? I thought it was the 29th? Damnit.

Still hoping I find a Lapras before the event ends! I don't have a single one. I did manage to find a Shiny Karp. It's crap but I might just evolve it since I love how the Shiny Gyarados looks!

Wait, the event ends on the 28th? I thought it was the 29th? Damnit.

Oops, you're right, Wednesday afternoon... good luck.

elguero

I wonder if Niantic is planning to slowly roll out shiny pokemon on a one by one basis or just drop all of them on us at once? I kind of like the idea of introducing new batches of shiny pokemon in events eg an Earth day event that increase spawn rates of grass types with new shiny sprites included.

HardRojo

I wonder if Niantic is planning to slowly roll out shiny pokemon on a one by one basis or just drop all of them on us at once? I kind of like the idea of introducing new batches of shiny pokemon in events eg an Earth day event that increase spawn rates of grass types with new shiny sprites included.

I'd rather see them be introduced in small batches, or else I'll go crazy trying to catch every single thing I see.

I got one Shiny Magikarp but I'm trying to get another one before the event ends so that I can evolve the better one into a Red Gyarados, it's taking a while to find that second Magikarp though.

Top Bottom