• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump: "Sherriff Joe can sleep easy" "I wont do it tonight, so to avoid contreversy"

Trouble

Banned
Translation: I want credit for the pardon, but not the political fallout. Therefore, I'll allude to a pardon, but not do it.

The minute he's out and arrests another "suspected" illegal, he should be re-arrested.

Lets see how many times Trump can pardon the same guy.

Joe Arpaio is one of the few Americans more vile than Trump

I agree. Arpaio is a fucking different level of evil for me as a Hispanic, and has been for decades. Trump is evil, but an idiotic, incompetent evil. Arpaio takes joy in what he does and anybody (especially fellow Hispanics) who supports him is a piece of shit.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
"To avoid burning myself tonight, I will simply keep my hand in the fire for two days." - Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America.

Trump supporters were bitching how Obama commute, I mean pardon Chelsea Manning so why can't Trump pardon Joe. Christ, they make my head hurt from their stupidity.

Yeah man, the best way to avoid a controversy is to get everyone talking about it and putting members of your own party on the spot about having to agree with or denounce the idea rather than just quietly doing it.

wamberz1

bpdkc1i8l1lp0ds5sfdz.gif

Month 8 and already feels like 2 years.
I just realized we're not even a quarter through this nightmare....

Lucreto

At this point I think the entire presidency is just a platform from which to troll.

But if this sheriff is actually pardoned I hope someone puts a bullet in him, or better yet, kidnaps and chains him up in a chainlink fence cage under the Arizona sunlight. He's the closest thing we have to a state sanctioned American Nazi and he deserves only the worst.

That is going too far.

What he needs is the spotlight constantly on him. He can't do anything illegal without causing Internet uproar and possibly get further charges put against him.

snap

Banned
At this point I think the entire presidency is just a platform from which to troll.

But if this sheriff is actually pardoned I hope someone puts a bullet in him, or better yet, kidnaps and chains him up in a chainlink fence cage under the Arizona sunlight. He's the closest thing we have to a state sanctioned American Nazi and he deserves only the worst.

jesus man

even as an arizona democrat that's way too damn far

DarkKyo

If he gets 8 years we're not even at 10% of the ride being over.

I think there's a higher chance of a meteorite ending all life on earth in the next 8 years than there is of us getting 8 years of Trump. I'm serious, I just can't see it happening. A lot of things are stacked against him now between scandals, his obvious incompetence at the job(and at anything really), and age/health. Who would have thought that 6 months in some of his own party would be turning against him in one way or another? Can you imagine what things will be like in 2 years at this rate of mounting disapproval?

Steel

Banned
Speaking of that tweet. Was the ban actually coming into force or did he just made up shit and never mentioned again?

He never actually signed anything. So nothing is actually happening. However he's mentioned it a few times since.

CHC

That is going too far.

What he needs is the spotlight constantly on him. He can't do anything illegal without causing Internet uproar and possibly get further charges put against him.

jesus man

even as an arizona democrat that's way too damn far

I'm just venting (bad habit)

I do hope that he is not pardoned, obviously, but we'll see which way this goes.

C'mon, my dude. Take a breather.

Dynomutt

He's already running ads for 2020

Probably get elected too. Dems rode Obama's coat tails and Hillary tried to ride his wave into the White House. If people maintained the same energy used to get Obama elected and made moves consistently during his eight years might of made a difference. Instead all of the right bubbled quietly and spoke to their base. Not to mention those who decided not to vote and the Bernie supporters who voted for Trump because of some misguided concept of justice.

Sort of felt like a lot of folks just watched Obama during his last few years expecting results without much activism. Like the rest of the basketball team just standing around while the star player was the first to arrive and the last one to leave the gym. Another 4 years of Trump is a scary idea and it's looking more likely. SMH.

Trump's getting the paperwork ready.

The paperwork has reportedly been prepared for President Trump to pardon controversial former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

The White House has prepared the paperwork for when Trump makes the decision and has also put together talking points for surrogates, CNN reported.

The talking points include emphasizing that Arpaio should not be put in prison for "enforcing the law" and "working to keep people safe."
During his Phoenix rally Tuesday, President Trump refrained from pardoning Arpaio, but signaled he would do so.

As predicted.

Slayven

Do it, cause i don't think he would spend time in jail and 2 it would survive as a bullet point. For turning Arizona blue

Dalek

Trump's getting the paperwork ready.

The paperwork has reportedly been prepared for President Trump to pardon controversial former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

The White House has prepared the paperwork for when Trump makes the decision and has also put together talking points for surrogates, CNN reported.

The talking points include emphasizing that Arpaio should not be put in prison for "enforcing the law" and "working to keep people safe."
During his Phoenix rally Tuesday, President Trump refrained from pardoning Arpaio, but signaled he would do so.

As predicted.

This is just a transparently evil move.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
This Joe guy isn't nice I presume, quick summary?

Used locking up brown people to win elections- sherrif is astoundingly a political position I'm many parts of the US and stole a bunch of money among other things.

Ac30

If campaign finance laws (citizens united bullshit) and campaigning limits aren't part of the Democratic platform in 2020 to curb this scary shit, we've failed as a country.

If I remember right repealing Citizen's United was part of the platform in 2016 and people didn't seem to care enough to vote her in.

Top Bottom