• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
That other thread is like...

hqdefault.jpg

"Don't go into the light!"

"But it's so beautiful..."

Where the hell is my willpower?!

LOL, so true. I can’t resist it!

monkeyhat

Same here it's processing. I keep checking the site to see if it's changed.

Hopefully I see it change before close of time this evening.
Mine now has a button to see the photo of the processed package. I don't think that was there before? Still says processing though.

Edit: It wasn't there before - the timestamp on the photo is 13:52.

Dr. Greenthumb

Neo Member
Hey guys, I'm new here on this forum and must say it's a really nice forum with a great community!

I'm glad this topic isn't full with spoilers, I've been to the other topic and I regret it now. What I saw was really beautifull but I won't return there because of the story spoilers.
For the people that want some info about the game but won't go to the other side:
Graphics look great as seen in the screens and trailers.. Handling of both characters and vehicles looks really fluid. Motion blur as seen in some story trailers isn't in the game.

I had to abandon the leak thread. It's just too much, i can't take it anymore. Stay strong folks it's almost here.

But yes it looks amazing. *drools*

F!ReW!Re

I'm not gonna give out the details of the guy or the shop, but if you're willing and able to come to Den Haag between 18:00 and 19:00 and pay €65 for the regular version let me know and I'll ask him if he has a copy left

Damnit,

I live in Den Haag. I might take you up on that offer.
Got it ordered and payed for at Bol.com

Fuck it, sending you a PM now.

Hey guys, I'm new here on this forum and must say it's a really nice forum with a great community!

I'm glad this topic isn't full with spoilers, I've been to the other topic and I regret it now. What I saw was really beautifull but I won't return there because of the story spoilers.
For the people that want some info about the game but won't go to the other side:
Graphics look great as seen in the screens and trailers.. Handling of both characters and vehicles looks really fluid. Motion blur as seen in some story trailers isn't in the game.

Not even when driving/flying/sailing at really high speeds? That was even in GTA:SA I think

(sorry if this counts as spoiler territory, will delete if so)

Kalamari

Be strong, my brothers (and sisters). Once you have the game in your hands, seeing everything for the first time will be worth the wait, it will be glorious.

Falifax

Looking desperately for stores if they have some copies in stock and suddenly I encounter an independent Xbox store which is giving out baseball bats with every pre-order. What the fuck :D

Sushigod7

Anyone getting the limited edition guide? Curious about it but not sure want to drop the extra $24. I canned my LE game copy I didn't care for a map and extra DLC for $20 bucks.

I don't think that mechanics should be considered spoilers. Things like, "switching between characters and getting into cars is fluid," should be safe discussion -- even if they're confirmed via a leak.

Not surprised by lack of motion blur and kind of relieved about it. It's pretty, but I think a lot of motion blur is a fad and it detracts from soaking in the world. GTA:SA's motion blur was a lousy ripoff of Burnout, and it made driving fast cars more annoying than anything else... especially because the engine couldn't keep up with it, so you'd crash into things that would spawn just in front of you.

Although driving faster than the world could render was kinda cool.

UrbanRats

The motion blur was absent from the gameplay trailer, too, so it's no surprise that it isn't in the game, a real pity.
Hopefully it'll be back in the PC/nextgen versions.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Be strong, my brothers (and sisters). Once you have the game in your hands, seeing everything for the first time will be worth the wait, it will be glorious.

Absolutely, this is the same reason I won't be reading or discussing reviews of the game either. I don't see the point. I'm getting the game, there is no dissuading me from that, so I don't understand the objective in reading reviews after review on the game. After I play it I'll go see what a select few reviewers think about it and see if my opinion matches up.

Guess that means I'll bail on the thread this Monday, shouldn't be too hard to do since Monday is also my day off and I'm barely around GAF on Monday's anyway.

Been listening to this over and over and over:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt3PcA4UvPA

UrbanRats

I don't think that mechanics should be considered spoilers. Things like, "switching between characters and getting into cars is fluid," should be safe discussion -- even if they're confirmed via a leak.

Not surprised by lack of motion blur and kind of relieved about it. It's pretty, but I think a lot of motion blur is a fad and it detracts from soaking in the world. GTA:SA's motion blur was a lousy ripoff of Burnout, and it made driving fast cars more annoying than anything else... especially because the engine couldn't keep up with it, so you'd crash into things that would spawn just in front of you.

Although driving faster than the world could render was kinda cool.

I remember modding Vice City with a Batmobile (from the Burton's movies) and having it go so fast (changed the handling) that it would clip through the buildings, lol, probably didn't load the collisions fast enough.
It would also crash the game after a few seconds of this madness, though.

UrbanRats

Spoilers. :(

I haven't been to the other thread (nor seen any leak), i was merely referring to the above posts talking about motion blur.
I'm saying if it isn't in the game, it's not surprising because the (officially released) gameplay trailers don't have it.

EDIT: This trailer.
We can talk about officially released material.

Morning to all. Someone with any knowledge of anything in NYC a cool gift card present for you for the trouble.

Bring it on. Anyone else can't sleep at night?

sytadel

Good lord re-watching the Michael radio gaga trailer made me realize it's the best of the bunch. The gifs so far have been way beyond anything I imagined. I'm so sick of waiting.

dandoolan

I've seen more than enough free roam footage in the spoiler thread to keep me happy until Tuesday. Although, amazon changed mine to dispatching now this morning. IT'S HAPPENING!

haven't stuck my head in the other thread for good reason (well not really, who really cares about spoilers for gta. REEEALLY).

whats the general consensus on game performance? smooth 30?

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
This week has dragged for me not only for the wait for GTAV but because I applied for a loan as well and had to wait for the call, then arrange to go to the bank. Now this weekend is going to be spent looking at motorcycles. Atleast that'll pass the time.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
F*ck yeah.

I think I speak on behalf of everyone that we want a humongous amount of impressions but especially how the game runs and looks both graphically and performance wise.

EDIT: In the SPOILER thread, of course.

UNF UNF UNF
Tell us how is the performance!

In der spoiler threade

Haha, what? Is the performance of the game a spoiler now? Seems a bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom