• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lord re-watching the Michael radio gaga trailer made me realize it's the best of the bunch. The gifs so far have been way beyond anything I imagined. I'm so sick of waiting.

That’s the best one from all the ‘story’ trailers. I’ve been watching the GTA IV trailers to pass the time and they’re still some of the best game trailers ever! Even better than GTA V’s.

v0mitg0d

Hey, pulling from official Rockstar released media, which character are you most interested in playing?

For me it's Trevor. I mean, he just seems so bat shit crazy and so in-line with GTAs wackiness. What about you?

jiggles

Banned
Following up with Amazon UK it appears it won't be here til Monday. (Special Delivery typically doesn't deliver on a Saturday unless you pay extra). I should have a tracking number, mind you.

01:43 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Hello, my name is Charlie.
01:43 PM(GMT) Me: Hi
01:43 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): I understand that you would like to know if you need to sign for the delivery of your order.
I'll be glad to check for you.
Could you please provide me the order number that you are contacting us about?
01:43 PM(GMT) Me: xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx
01:44 PM(GMT) Me: I selected One-Day Delivery when purchasing
01:44 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Thanks.
01:44 PM(GMT) Me: Which usually means Royal Mail Special Delivery here in Northern Ireland
01:44 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Please give me a few moments to check
01:45 PM(GMT) Me: Ok, thanks.
01:46 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): I have checked and can confirm that there's no need for your signature.
01:46 PM(GMT) Me: Was it sent first class, then?
instead of special delivery?
01:46 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): It was sent via Premium delivery.
01:47 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): or we call it special delivery as well.
Sorry for that.
Yes they need your signature
01:47 PM(GMT) Me: Ok, historically, special delivery has had a tracking number and needed a signature
01:47 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Sorry for the incorrect information.
01:47 PM(GMT) Me: But I don't have a tracking number
01:47 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Yes. Your order was sent via a non trackable method.
01:48 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): I'm confident that your order will be delivered to you ontime.
01:48 PM(GMT) Me: Ok, thanks
01:48 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): We take full responsibility of your order and in case it is lost in transit, we'll refund or replace your order.
01:48 PM(GMT) Me: Ok, no problem
01:49 PM(GMT) Me: Thanks for your help
01:49 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): You're welcome.
Would there be anything else that I can assist you with today?
01:49 PM(GMT) Me: No, that's it, thanks
01:49 PM(GMT) Amazon(CSA): Thank you for choosing Amazon Chat. Have a good day. We hope to see you again soon. Please click the "End Chat" link to close this window.

The guy was providing contradictory info, so I just gave up. I got this email after the chat:

Hello,

It was a pleasure chatting with you.

I have checked your order and can confirm that it was sent via Special Delivery.

Please be informed that Royal Mail will require your signature in order for your order to be received.

I'm confident that your order will be delivered ontime as it is currently in transit.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warmest regards,
Charlie

He says it's actually in transit (so not waiting in a warehouse), but he didn't really seem all that knowledgeable, so I dunno.

Gaz_RB

Hey, pulling from official Rockstar released media, which character are you most interested in playing?

For me it's Trevor. I mean, he just seems so bat shit crazy and so in-line with GTAs wackiness. What about you?

Franklin man....

Have you seen his trailer?

rouken

only went to the spoiler thread for the random gameplay stuff, now im out of there. everything i've seen will be enough for me to go through the weekend.

Sonix90

Neo Member
Bailed out of the spoilers thread, I think I've seen enough.

I'll just say that I'm glad I lived long enough to play this game.

I mean, I'm only 23 but still, good job me.

Actually, The Reaper almost got me 3 times during childhood.

UrbanRats

NeoGAF = Video store.
This thread = Christmas movies section (during Summer).
That thread = Adult section.

I'll keep looking at that red, velvet curtain from afar.

cdkee

Banned
Man, Tuesday at work is going to suck. I ordered on Amazon so the copy should arrive at my house but those 9 hours at work are going to be brutal. Maybe I'll go in at 8 and not take lunch so I can leave at 4.

Sonix90

Neo Member
This thread

tumblr_mepyoedTR81qebfwho1_250.gif

Spoiler thread

sou.gif

What the fuck with the preload being delayed. Is there anyway I can cancel my pre order from PSN?
There is no way I'll be able to download 18gb in a day when the Payday 2 patch that was 2gb took ages and restarted multiple times.

Raven77

Any ideas or indications of when we might find out the differences in performance / graphics in the PS3 / 360 versions???

I thought I read that the review embargo is up on Sunday?

UrbanRats

Any ideas or indications of when we might find out the differences in performance / graphics in the PS3 / 360 versions???

I thought I read that the review embargo is up on Sunday?

Monday is when everyone is upload their reviews.
I'd say a week or so more for a tech comparison.

Siegmeyer

UK PSN Store now says the game is available to download on 16/09/13, not today as advertised.

Not happy.

wtf!!??

This won't affect my ability to be playing at midnight on Monday, but for some reason it has still pissed me off greatly. I needed that data on my hdd NOW damnit.

antitrop

Michael is set to be one of my favorite game characters of all time, I love his character. I love his voice actor, I love the better modeled facial animations in the later trailers. I love bank robberies and the high life.

Michael is going to be my guy.

Looking at some of the gifs in the spoiler thread, yeah, they weren’t kidding when they said this looks like a next-gen game.

I don’t understand how they are pulling all of this off – with a pretty great looking framerate to boot! Damn wizards they are!

and they just deleted pre loading for eu... ffs

So fucking glad I didn't cancel my preorder now.

The wait is even worse after my binge in the spoiler thread last night. Had nothing major ruined, just watched game play, all of my fears have been washed away though, really does look like the best Gta ever made.

Oh, and that gif celebrity breaking cover was the icing on the cake :)

Will be avoiding the new spoiler thread over the weekend though. Had my fix until release.

Raven77

Monday is when everyone is upload their reviews.
I'd say a week or so more for a tech comparison.

Ugh, okay, thanks. I know that sometimes they have comparisons up pretty quick but I need to pre-order still and my friends and I don't know which version to get. Guess we'll just wait till the last minute.

wtf!!??

This won't affect my ability to be playing at midnight on Monday, but for some reason it has still pissed me off greatly. I needed that data on my hdd NOW damnit.

Well at this point I would be shocked if SCEE flipped the switch on 00:01 release day to activate it.

Seems like they are fucking it up at every chance they get so releasing it late seems like a possibility.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Is anyone seeing or playing the 360 version in the spoiler thread? Has anyone commented on its performance/looks?

Megasoum

Banned
Ugh, okay, thanks. I know that sometimes they have comparisons up pretty quick but I need to pre-order still and my friends and I don't know which version to get. Guess we'll just wait till the last minute.

I imagine all the reviews will be on 360 anyway so we won't see tech comparison before release.

Covfan

UK PSN Store now says the game is available to download on 16/09/13, not today as advertised.

Not happy.

Now says they'll take payment on the 15th for the game as well, despite saying that they'd take it on the 18th when I originally preordered.

Couldn't organise a prayer in a nunnery.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Michael is set to be one of my favorite game characters of all time, I love his character. I love his voice actor, I love the better modeled facial animations in the later trailers. I love bank robberies and the high life.

Michael is going to be my guy.

^This. He's clearly a walking, talking Michael Mann reference, so you can't go wrong, right?

Also? Bullet-time.

hayguyz

Banned
My memory is fuzzy.

Did Rockstar say they wouldn't do anything like Episdoes from LC again? What kind of DLC would we have instead? Hopefully not just loads of multiplayer stuff...

Amazon UK has the PS3 bundle with TLOU for 200GBP, thinking of cancelling my 10 quid cheaper Zavvi order to get this as Amazon is faster and more reliable.

Following up with Amazon UK it appears it won't be here til Monday. (Special Delivery typically doesn't deliver on a Saturday unless you pay extra). I should have a tracking number, mind you.

The guy was providing contradictory info, so I just gave up. I got this email after the chat:

He says it's actually in transit (so not waiting in a warehouse), but he didn't really seem all that knowledgeable, so I dunno.

I have pre-ordered a few items via Amazon UK on 'Premium Delivery' (Special) and I've done the same as yourself- and checked- and it has said item 'on its way' a few days BEFORE release date too. For some reason or another Amazon UK stick a note on the parcel box stating a dispatch clause and a strict delivery date, i.e if the game is released Tuesday the parcel Sorting offices will HOLD the parcel and post it to you before 2PM on Tuesday. They'll have the game sitting in wait all weekend in the depot for postage Tuesday.

I have pre-ordered a few items via Amazon UK on 'Premium Delivery' (Special) and I've done the same as yourself- and checked- and it has said item 'on its way' a few days BEFORE release date too. For some reason or another Amazon UK stick a note on the parcel box stating a dispatch clause and a strict delivery date, i.e if the game is released Tuesday the parcel Sorting offices will HOLD the parcel and post it to you before 2PM on Tuesday. They'll have the game sitting in wait all weekend in the depot for postage Tuesday.

Yup, my next door neighbour works at a my local sorting office and has mentioned this to me before, apprantely they will just stick there in a big pile with a notice on saying don't dispatch until such and such date.

I've just text him to see if this is the same.

Derrick01

Banned
Was everyone this super excited for GTA IV pre-release? Did the streams allay (sp?) any fears back then?

I remember people on here looking for streams just as hard as they are now but we had less knowledge about the game from official sources than we do with 5...which only made us search harder I guess.

I still vaguely remember that one gif from IV that became popular. The one where Niko gets launched into a sign from a police car I think. I'm pretty sure that came from a stream a few days before the game came out.

Preload is now on the 16th according to the PSN, utterly ridiculous situation.

Damn, I was so close to pre-ordering on PSN but decided not to just in case the servers were getting hammered or they messed up the pre-load.

So glad I decided to pick it up from a local supermarket in the end.

Feel bad for the guys that this will stop playing on day 1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom