• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SFV: New CFN Network, Ed, Balance Changes, Classic Vega Stage Coming + more May 30th

Blueblur1

I'm still waiting for the Extra Battle mode announced in February 2016 @_@

Is this you?
lol j/k

ij369uW.png

Can't say I like the CPT FM goals. An ever-increasing chase.

Why would anyone NOT like the opportunity to get more FM?

There are two options:

1. Offer it- and lots of people can get more FM

2. Don't offer it - and no one can get more FM

There's literally NO downside to offering this option.

vg260

Why would anyone NOT like the opportunity to get more FM?

There are two options:

1. Offer it- and lots of people can get more FM

2. Don't offer it - and no one can get more FM

There's literally NO downside to offering this option.

Under #1 there's
a) evenly distribute it over each month
or
b) make the rewards higher, but require more effort each month
It's referring to how they are being implemented.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
I think winning 80 in a month is very doable. Especially for someone who is engaged enough with SFV to buy the CPT pass.
I think so, too. But it would require daily play, which is probably too much for a lot of people.

Well, yeah, but given that's for people that already bought the CPT pack, it's arguable how necessary it is to keep increasing the commitment needed.

Yeah, that's a fair point. I'd like it if they gave everyone more incentive to play ranked.

I wonder what their calculus is and how much they've thought about it. Are they just trying to make the Premier Pass more appealing to a broader base by offering a lot of FM or have they considered the specific buying behavior of the most dedicated segment of the userbase and designed rewards accordingly? Seems like the strategy of "giving free money equivalent to the people most likely to spend money in the first place" points to the former more than the latter.

Blueblur1

This stuff is neat.

I wish Capcom were more consistent with Fight Money related events though. We're getting these new targets/missions (Capcom USA never uses the same terminology the game uses for some reason) now but what about Fight Money weekends? They literally did that *ONCE* and never again. Its like they have no idea as to what to do and where to go with SFV [aside from adding new characters].

This stuff is neat.

I wish Capcom were more consistent with Fight Money related events though. We're getting these new targets/missions (Capcom USA never uses the same terminology the game uses for some reason) now but what about Fight Money weekends? They literally did that *ONCE* and never again. Its like they have no idea as to what to do and where to go with SFV [aside from adding new characters].
Targets are separate from Missions.

Missions will still be happening every few days/every week but Targets are on a month-by-month basis.
damn shame when the netcode is still trash tho

CFN will be prettier at least
How does it feel, playing a character that's on her last legs till the low-tier hammer drops.

MrCarter

I think so, too. But it would require daily play, which is probably too much for a lot of people.

Daily? Hmm I think getting 10 wins on ranked every couple days (probably more on the weekend) is doable. Remember, most people have bought the pass to support the CPT which can also get them exclusive costumes, colours and stages - this is simply a bonus on top of that.

vg260

Yeah, that's a fair point. I'd like it if they gave everyone more incentive to play ranked. I wonder what their calculus is and how much they've thought about it. Are they just trying to make the Premier Pass more appealing to a broader base by offering a lot of FM or have they considered the specific buying behavior of the most dedicated segment of the userbase and designed rewards accordingly. Seems like "giving free money equivalent to the people most likely to spend money in the first place" points to the former more than the latter.

I don't know, but I wonder if it's really necessary to keep ramping up the commitment when you're dealing with an already frustrated player base, especially given the somewhat high cost of the CPT content already. Wouldn't just asking for an even level of engagement each month be enough? Ramping up goals like that seems like something better suited to general application as opposed to a bonus for a purchase. Just saying this because for those where the extra goals might have been a tipping point to buying it, that looks discouraging at first. That's kinda where I was. I like the content, and the bonus missions were potentially swaying me, but that scaling is turning me off from it.

The balance changes appear to be changes made in the original S2.0 patch. In other words, changes that were simply not listed in the original patch-notes, not new nerfs or buffs. If you look at Dhalsim's files via ToolAssisted's website, you'll see that his 5HP has been 42 frames for the last 3 revisions (44 frames in versions 1 - 5, 42 frames in versions 5 - 7), so it is not a new change:

https://toolassisted.github.io/DIFF/#DSM_001/MOVE/4/5HP
https://toolassisted.github.io/DIFF/#DSM_002/MOVE/4/5HP
https://toolassisted.github.io/DIFF/#DSM_003/MOVE/4/5HP
https://toolassisted.github.io/DIFF/#DSM_004/MOVE/4/5HP
https://toolassisted.github.io/DIFF/#DSM_005/MOVE/4/5HP
https://toolassisted.github.io/DIFF/#DSM_006/MOVE/4/5HP
https://toolassisted.github.io/DIFF/#DSM_007/MOVE/4/5HP

This this is perhaps just a miscommunication between Capcom US and Capcom JP.

More effort required as you go, with tougher competition (because you win more) with less time to do it (in relation to the number of wins you need). It's pretty lazy.

If that matchmaking works (lol) then you should really be on a 50% win rate anyway. Unless you are extremely good. So IF it works, then it should take a bronze player the same amount of time as a diamond player.

How does it feel, playing a character that's on her last legs till the low-tier hammer drops.
I mean.. I played the character when she was okay, then I played the character when she was great and now I'll play the character when they're okay again lol
If it is anything like the beta, it'll be better for sure.
nah I didn't have a single solid match during the beta. Even playing lobbies with friends in my area during the beta was a lot worse than when I play against them in the regular version.

nah I didn't have a single solid match during the beta.

I hope you're not trying to pass this off as "everyone's experience".

Because, the beta was great for me.

I got to play against Floe on his stream, went back and watched it, and saw that it was fine for him, too. He's in Cali, I'm in Chicago.

He did say that was his experience. So I don't think he's trying to pass it off as anything other than that. The brief time I spent with the beta took forever to find games, but that might just be because the numbers weren't there.

Skilletor

I got to play against Floe on his stream, went back and watched it, and saw that it was fine for him, too. He's in Cali, I'm in Chicago.

I'm so shocked you thought the beta was great. Shocked, I tell you.

fam you've never had a bad netcode match of SFV to date. since day 1 everything for you has been absolute perfection lmao

MrCarter

nah I didn't have a single solid match during the beta. Even playing lobbies with friends in my area during the beta was a lot worse than when I play against them in the regular version.

Wow your friends must have shitty Internet :p

I had solid matches myself in the UK and EU but I was far more impressed with the loading times. Next thing they need to update is the one-sided rollback stuff that happens occasionally.

Wow your friends must have shitty Internet :p

I had solid matches myself in the UK and EU but I was far more impressed with the loading times. Next hint they need to update is the one-sided rollback stuff that happens occasionally.

I just said it was fine while playing the regular version but was bad during the beta

but ofc, you've never had any issues playing this game since day 1, absolute perfection etc etc capcom can do no wrong etc etc

MrCarter

I just said it was fine while playing the regular version but was bad during the beta

but ofc, you've never had any issues playing this game since day 1, absolute perfection etc etc capcom can do no wrong etc etc

I was kidding, calm down. Also, did you even read my post? Of course Capcom can do wrong. They made SFIV.

Again. Joke.

aaaaaa

Edit: The balance changes were just missing from the Season 2 patch notes. Balrog didn't get buffed again, etc.

Ferrio

Banned
End of May? Did all the big FG companies get together and decide it would be fun to release all their games within the same couple of weeks? I only got so many hours.

Top Bottom