• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
A guy at GAME isn't indicative of general gaming knowledge.

Lots of people noticed that the day of the Switch conference. Many were even discussing buying the extra pair and splitting the cost with someone else so one could have all red and the other all blue.

A guy at GAME isn't indicative of general gaming knowledge.

Lots of people noticed that the day of the Switch conference. Many were even discussing buying the extra pair and splitting the cost with someone else so one could have all red and the other all blue.

In that case they really should make the neon more readily available since its the only way to get those joycons. GAME telling me their next shipment is grey only is stupid.

FinalAres

Imagine you got the grey Switch, and then the neon joycons.

Why on earth does it matter that they are the other way round to what you'd get at retail?

Imagine you got the grey Switch, and then the neon joycons.

Why on earth does it matter that they are the other way round to what you'd get at retail?

It doesn't. It doesn't matter at all if all you want is two grey one blue and one red joy con. It's just that some people are unaware they are switched, both employers didn't know, my siblings didn't know and a friend of mine who has the switch didn't know. So the only way it would matter is if you would have made a different purchase had you knew you could actually go all red or all blue, or if you were to buy 5th and 6th joycons you'd have to repeat colours you already have giving you less options to customise. Basically unless Nintendo releases the Neon Switch colours separately you can never buy them, but if that doesn't bother you then of course it doesn't matter! I like all my controllers to be different colours so it's just a personal thing. I've got multi coloured wiimotes and nunchuks and N64 controllers etc.

Edit: The way I see it at the moment is that one console option is like a limited edition compared to the other, but that's just my opinion.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
They should have another colour for the separate accessories

I don't want two grey ones, but if I buy the neon I'll have two red and two blue. I'd rather have multiple colours which would be better suited to multiplayer

They should have another colour for the separate accessories

I don't want two grey ones, but if I buy the neon I'll have two red and two blue. I'd rather have multiple colours which would be better suited to multiplayer

If you don't see left and right joycons as different colours (I do because they lead to different customisations both on the Switch itself and on the joycon grip) then the best option for you will be to buy the Neon Switch and then one grey joycon separately.

I think after the splatoon test fire weekend I will get in contact with nintendo about my left joycon, it's not bad but it's also not good, somewhere inbetween and it's kicked in a few times when only a few feet away from the device, right joycon is perfect.

krumble

As long as you aren't bothered it's no big deal at all. At GAME they thought I was a lunatic and was making stuff up lol. I just want the ability to go all blue or all red and then if I want the grey joycons I can always buy them separately. I just feel if you are going to get more joycons it makes more sense to get the neon console because that's the only way you can have those specific colours, and then get either the reverse colour joy cons, grey joy cons or both separately.

I gave in and pre ordered on the Nintendo store in the end.

Have a neon console and an extra set of grey
Now you've made me want to buy the separate neon, had no idea until you said, but looking at the boxes you are right

harz-marz

If anyone is based in Belfast/Northern Ireland...Smyth's in Newtownabbey have the Switch in stock, along with Pro Controller and most accessories. No Zelda however.

Just thought I'd pass this on!

Mob

Europe does have the least amount of flexibility with the joy cons for some reason.

In Japan you can get all 3 colours individually, all 3 colours in double packs and the reverse neon set that's available here.

In the US you can get grey individually, all 3 colours in double packs and the reverse neon set available here.

In Europe you can get grey individually, a double pack of grey or the reverse neon set. I guess we'll get the rest going forward, more choice is good in my opinion.

RenditMan

Banned
Why are Nintendo advertising that you can pretend to have a shave and open a virtual bottle of champagne with the switch and not showing much else?

SteveWD40

Why do CEX have so many in stock? I checked out of curiosity, they have 2-4+ in each store within 20 miles.

Are they buying themselves to sell on at a profit? are they new / unopened? They buy for the retail price of £280 so who is trading them in to CEX for £0 profit? Surely no one is trading them in already at such a volume?

Seems odd to me they have so many. If you had buyers remorse you could ebay it for more than they pay.

Zafir

Why do CEX have so many in stock? I checked out of curiosity, they have 2-4+ in each store within 20 miles.

Are they buying themselves to sell on at a profit? are they new / unopened? They buy for the retail price of £280 so who is trading them in to CEX for £0 profit? Surely no one is trading them in already at such a volume?

Seems odd to me they have so many. If you had buyers remorse you could ebay it for more than they pay.

They were giving more than £280 before.

Yes. My girlfriend used to work at CEX and I can confirm they do this. They do it for major video game releases too. If a game comes out and is say around 42 in Argos, CEX will magically have multiple sealed copies of that game (being sold as second hand of course because they are a second hand shop) for around 48.

They've basically become a shop that has guaranteed stock but for a price. I suppose it's good for people that money is no object? It's scummy for sure though.

Do keep in mind though as the poster above stated, they are also known to actually offer more than the market value of an item. Also people do trade in for other reasons (stolen goods).

SteveWD40

So if I one was tempted, they may have "new" (unopened) stock? And they offer a return policy I assume? Since it's the law and all...

Getting exasperated with Nintendo's planned scarcity, I bet all the new batches due next week are already pre sold. :(

So if I one was tempted, they may have "new" (unopened) stock? And they offer a return policy I assume? Since it's the law and all...

Getting exasperated with Nintendo's planned scarcity, I bet all the new batches due next week are already pre sold. :(

Go for it, I know that usually with consoles they remove the "guts" and therefore they would have at least touched the insides at least once but you might get lucky. If not you can still ask them and say can you please give me one that's in the best condition (which in this case will be brand new).

If not I definitely do suggest pre ordering somewhere. Like I said I went to GAME and they said they will be receiving only the grey console next week and only for pre orders. I ended up pre ordering the neon console from Nintendo.

The other day CEX were offering £300 for a neon switch boxed, just checked and they still are.

The manager of the store pockets twenty quid by buying and selling the switch (they are able to get cash instead of credit) and the store pockets the remaining 50 which is their store anyway. Win win.

Enelby

Neo Member
Live in Glasgow at the mo. No shops selling them as far as I know. Did call up a local gaming shop that I won't name.

They had 1 in stock, it came with a Pro controller and 1, 2 Switch ( I guess there was no negotiating ) and had a £450 asking price.

Yeah.

Gunna wait for Amazon.

stoke1863

You think they will ever sell solid colours for Joycons?

I want an all red set, HATE the split colours but im into either all Red or all Blue.

Mob

You think they will ever sell solid colours for Joycons?

I want an all red set, HATE the split colours but im into either all Red or all Blue.

You can get an all red set from the US, Japan or Australia now if you don't mind importing.

I hope Europe gets the option sooner or later but who knows with Nintendo.

kiri

Morning! Does anyone know of anywhere selling amiibo for sub £10?

Also, anyone got any places in mind for getting Mario Kart 8 Deluxe cheaper than Amazon UK (£42)?

Where is the official Nintendo Car Mount?

I mean, really. I'm on holiday at Easter and I need to keep the kids quiet.
It's not out.

I tried many 7" tablet mounts and only some of them of small enough to fit the Switch.

I ended up buying two mounts, one branded "isynergy" for £8.99 from a Shell petrol station and a second branded "iKit" or "Kit" for £14.99 from Argos (which I will be returning)

Both have exactly the same headrest clamp. The difference is in part that grips the tablet (Switch) which is slightly more compact on the one from the petrol station. Let me know if photos would help.

Argos also do one that fits between the seats from one headrest to another, but I didn't need that.

I'd have much rather bought the official Nintendo one though.

krumble

Apparently the words "lies" and "incompetent" are now classed as bad language by revoo, the people that ask you to submit reviews of your purchase from Nintendo Store

Wonder if "gave false information" or "unable" will pass their system

What a joke..

Cross posting from the travel case thread as this applies more to UK Switch owners.

My Orzly case came today and for the price it's really nice. It's plain, tough with plenty of room for accessories and the cutouts in the bottom give ample clearance for the triggers. The elastic straps keep the Switch in place as well. Really pleased with it.

3y9XDyI.jpg
cl6XBc7.jpg
YBoS8Zy.jpg
JODNPkF.jpg

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!

The Switch is now available to reserve at Argos and to pick up in 2-4 days in a LOT of stores!!

Is this only in-store?

Nothing in Berkshire :(

Ordered one from Smyths but would much, much prefer to get one from Argos

edit: ffs, they will be getting the Neons in 4 days where I live, but I can't use my discount card since you have to pay online because they expect to sell out so quickly. Might as well keep my Smyths order in that case, since I'd prefer the grey one anyway

Is this only in-store?

Nothing in Berkshire :(

Ordered one from Smyths but would much, much prefer to get one from Argos

edit: ffs, they will be getting the Neons in 4 days where I live, but I can't use my discount card since you have to pay online because they expect to sell out so quickly. Might as well keep my Smyths order in that case, since I'd prefer the grey one anyway

Yeah, in store to pick up in over 500 branches
Edit: Yeah it's Neon only atm but if you're that desperate for the grey joycons you can always buy those separately and keep the neon ones as they can't be bought separately in the UK (reverse only) or you could easily sell them

Bluth54

Cross posting from the travel case thread as this applies more to UK Switch owners.

My Orzly case came today and for the price it's really nice. It's plain, tough with plenty of room for accessories and the cutouts in the bottom give ample clearance for the triggers. The elastic straps keep the Switch in place as well. Really pleased with it.

That's pretty much the same case I got here in the US except the exterior of mine is grey instead of black.
But yeah it's a great carrying case for the Switch.

Thanks for this, I might order one with the 15% off code I got with the screen protectors.

Saiyan-Rox

Has anyone elses switch stopped charging to 100%? Mine seems to stop charging at 78/79% and won't go any further than that...It was okay when i first got it but now it's doing this.

Problem is i have my account and my US one on it i obviously don't want to switch it in store cause I'll loose my save data but what will happen to my accounts if i had to do it that way? Can I sign back in to both of them? Or should I send it to nintendo directly?

Has anyone elses switch stopped charging to 100%? Mine seems to stop charging at 78/79% and won't go any further than that...It was okay when i first got it but now it's doing this.

Problem is i have my account and my US one on it i obviously don't want to switch it in store cause I'll loose my save data but what will happen to my accounts if i had to do it that way? Can I sign back in to both of them? Or should I send it to nintendo directly?
Try a full power off and switch on. Hold power button for 12 seconds.

Saiyan-Rox

Try a full power off and switch on. Hold power button for 12 seconds.

Tried that with no luck.

Rang Nintendo and they suggested trying a full battery cycle first but sent me a repair label anyway in case it didn't work.

Is there anything I need to do with my account at all like the wii U like de registering it? I don't want them screwing me over as all my games are digital and I made a US one for binding of isaac.

I've been charging the console with it's own AC adaptor also expect for one time I used a different one but it worked fine from what I saw :S

LAA

Tried that with no luck.

Rang Nintendo and they suggested trying a full battery cycle first but sent me a repair label anyway in case it didn't work.

Is there anything I need to do with my account at all like the wii U like de registering it? I don't want them screwing me over as all my games are digital and I made a US one for binding of isaac.

I've been charging the console with it's own AC adaptor also expect for one time I used a different one but it worked fine from what I saw :S

I just seen this link now:
https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/49034/~/brand-new-switch-battery-issues!!!/session/L3F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDkwMzU5NTgwL3NpZC9mVUolN0U1ZGdVV2txMHpQQ204QlFwN0U0Q2dJX19kX1NZWGoxdENVOTkwVGRQaWdVRUpiX1RRQjlLJTdFYXBleVJEU0RFQkEwdXd6MWY3XyU3RUlIYXFoXzRVaU1KVzZNVmxBWmFsZlZURzlfdkZHRTJyZlVSMU1tUEF2WnclMjElMjE=
Have you seen tried playing it further even when it's at 1%?
I noticed when I got in yesterday and got my Switch (Which had been on charge the night before and during the day, so definitely should have been at 100%), it was at 97% when I turned it on.
So getting a little concerned... Hopefully a software issue...

Saiyan-Rox

Looks like the battery cycle worked it's now charged to 100% again....odd

EDIT: okay so i just turned it back on (i turned it straight off when i charged it to 100%) and it's showing 78% again so somethings up.

Top Bottom