• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

THose are the ones i have, they're really good.

They send 2 for some reason, i don't know why you'd need two...

suppose i could post the spare out to someone if they wanted?

I tend to switch screen protectors after an undetermined amount of time due to muck gathering in corners/flaking/marks etc.

Omikaru

Both consoles are now in stock on the Nintendo UK store

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-with-grey-joy-con-controllers/11396089.html

My order has changed from "Awaiting stock pick" to "Awaiting Dispatch"

Finally!

I switched my GAME order to Nintendo UK. Just realised that all my reward points went out on the Pro Controller that has already arrived, so fuck it, just gonna cancel and buy from Nintendo instead.

Dispatching tomorrow! Thanks for letting us know.

BraXzy

"I grabbed one for £50" is not the same things as "I bought it for £59.99 but used a gift cards"

I wouldn't classify that as lucky,

Lucky that it was in stock at Argos at the same time that I came across a site selling discounted Argos giftcards. My total spend was £50, I had no pre-existing cards.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Both consoles are now in stock on the Nintendo UK store

https://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintendo-switch-console/nintendo-switch-with-grey-joy-con-controllers/11396089.html

My order has changed from "Awaiting stock pick" to "Awaiting Dispatch"

Finally!

I heard a rumour that Nintendo's site is having issues and it's a mistake but could be wrong. Either way I've ordered one but I'm not cancelling my Amazon order till this Nintendo store one dispatches. It's free next day delivery, so we'll know by tomorrow morning if it's an error if no one has received a dispatch confirmation.

I heard a rumour that Nintendo's site is having issues and it's a mistake but could be wrong. Either way I've ordered one but I'm not cancelling my Amazon order till this Nintendo store one dispatches. It's free next day delivery, so we'll know by tomorrow morning if it's an error if no one has received a dispatch confirmation.

Same will cancel my Amazon order once I receive dispatch confirmation.

A site issue does seem strange just because the text on the product page regarding more stock arriving late march/early april has gone and a change in order status suggesting it's ready for dispatch.

Omikaru

Well I hope not, but I guess it can't be worse than GAME. At least Nintendo are somewhat communicative.

What the fuck

You can't cancel orders from Smyths? Sent them a query just in case, but says on their FAQ that you can't do it. Should have checked before ordering I guess :(

Ordered one from Nintendo anyway, and will try to return the Smyths one if it arrives later. Failing that, sell it at RRP #fuckscalpers

What the fuck

You can't cancel orders from Smyths? Sent them a query just in case, but says on their FAQ that you can't do it. Should have checked before ordering I guess :(

Ordered one from Nintendo anyway, and will try to return the Smyths one if it arrives later. Failing that, sell it at RRP #fuckscalpers

You've got 28 days with proof of purchase to return either one. So shouldn't be an issue

1I3Z0yC.jpg

Don't give in guys! Let this be your motivation. I didn't realise how good these looked until I took a picture!

Anyone know where I can buy a replacement kickstand? I somehow lost mine after playing in tabletop mode on the train. Took it out of my bag and the stand was missing :( Feels super weird to hold it now.

Same will cancel my Amazon order once I receive dispatch confirmation.

A site issue does seem strange just because the text on the product page regarding more stock arriving late march/early april has gone and a change in order status suggesting it's ready for dispatch.

Dispatch email just came through, should arrive tomorrow. Good news for anyone else who's ordered from the store today :)

Picked up a Neon from Argos and Zelda from Sainsbury (£49.99) and my cousin picked his up from Game this afternoon with Zelda, that was also a Neon, he'd originally ordered Grey as he thought that would be quicker but they got Neons in and offered him that instead.

I've spent a couple of hours on Zelda so far and am loving it, it seems to be a lot better than the version I played at the pre launch event.

Impressive Nintendo, very impressive

Ordered it at about 8:45 last night, was dispatched at 9:20

Only just realised since the dispatch email went into my Junk folder, delighted since I was desperate to get it today instead of Wednesday

edit: Lovely, Smyths cancelled my preorder after I emailed them last night. No trip to Slough necessary :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is the charging grip worth the 26.86 shopto asking price?

Some people don't like the grip at all, so the biggest factor is whether you like the one that came in the box. I don't mind it personally, but I find putting the joycons back on the Switch when I finished for the day easy enough as a charging solution that I don't feel the need to buy another grip.

Is the charging grip worth the 26.86 shopto asking price?

It's not really worth anything. Unless you're having such mammoth gaming sessions that your JoyCons are in danger of running out of charge, and you still don't want to stop playing, there's nothing the charging grip does that the one you get with the console doesn't.

Ah good point. I do like the grip that came with the console and I do have 4 joycons so it'll get use. I suppose my question then becomes.. Given that I'm interested in a second grip, is the charging grip worth it? I do also have a pro controller mind..

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ah good point. I do like the grip that came with the console and I do have 4 joycons so it'll get use. I suppose my question then becomes.. Given that I'm interested in a second grip, is the charging grip worth it? I do also have a pro controller mind..

Of you have four joycons then it is a convenient way to hold and charge the second pair without needing to take it in turns on the main unit

This is a damn nice piece of kit

The dock is obviously cheap as shit, but the tablet is lovely, much nicer than I thought. Nice weight, shape, look, thickness, sturdiness. Maybe I'll play it undocked sometimes after all.

Left joycon arrived with very little battery for some reason. Hope I can adapt to the shoulder buttons which are a huge departure from the ones on PS4, very close to eachother and analog, requiring very little pressure to click.

Are there grips for the sticks available yet? The movement seems fine, but I'd like them to be wider, and preferably concave. Pro controller is a lot of money just to fix that one tiny issue.

edit: found the grips I'm looking for, wonder if they're the exact same ones as the PS4 ones

Bazry

The Neon one has been on Prime Now in Manchester all week, been trying to get my brother to buy one (even bought him Zelda for his birthday)

Saiyan-Rox

So I'm gonna box up my switch cause the battery issues are driving me insane. One day it seems fine then it'll just go nuts again.

I had it charging overnight (on sleep mode) and when i woke up turned it off (it was at 100%) go out for about 5 hours come back turn it on and it's at 60%...I put it in the dock to charge while i play and 10mins later shows 100% again...

It's definitely not showing the right % cause when it hits 1% it lasts ages but i always stop cause i don't know when it'll switch off.

But my main reason for posting is to ask if anyone else has had to send it off to Nintendo? I need to know if i should unlink my accounts before sending it cause i don't want to loose my games.

Any Switches available anywhere online in the UK?

I think I'll give up waiting on John Lewis to get some in. I rang their customer service a week ago, and they said "we should have some in on Monday", then I rang them this tuesday and they said "Oh, we got some in on Friday, now they're all gone." I have stock alerts set up on the John Lewis website, as do a few of my friends, and we never received any emails about Switches coming back into stock on friday, so I think either the guy was confused or those consoles have just been sent out to stores, or bought internally.

Has anyone sent their Joycon's back to Nintendo and had them returned? Sent mine off this week but just wondered what the turn around was like and whether they fixed them for you?

Any Switches available anywhere online in the UK?

I think I'll give up waiting on John Lewis to get some in. I rang their customer service a week ago, and they said "we should have some in on Monday", then I rang them this tuesday and they said "Oh, we got some in on Friday, now they're all gone." I have stock alerts set up on the John Lewis website, as do a few of my friends, and we never received any emails about Switches coming back into stock on friday, so I think either the guy was confused or those consoles have just been sent out to stores, or bought internally.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/nintendo-switch-neon-red-neon-blue-1712272

GAME have the neon back in stock

Top Bottom