• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo switch UK price £279.99

kiri

Sorry for the double post, but got an alert just before that Very's Zelda bundle had gone on sale (In Stock, not Pre Order), so quickly nabbed it, and Mario Kart, plus the discount.

£303 in total, not bad for a Switch and two games, it's estimated to arrive by Saturday!

Yeah, the codes that I can see; LG7CA and KPAHC are not working for the 20% if I want to make a purchase with debit card/PayPal - anyone know the workaround?

Curious, is there no strings attached with that 20% off very code aside form making an account? If so that might make me jump on the switch for a much cheaper price.

Craft

Curious, is there no strings attached with that 20% off very code aside form making an account? If so that might make me jump on the switch for a much cheaper price.
They've been known in the past to revoke discounts and offers and charge customers after they've received their product.

BraXzy

The string is that it makes a credit account so I'm guessing it shows up on your credit. But if you pay it off and you're fine with that, you're plain sailing.

I've used it myself but for the Galaxy S8 :)

They've been known in the past to revoke discounts and offers and charge customers after they've received their product.

Oh wow, really. Thats incredibly shady to do something like this.

The string is that it makes a credit account so I'm guessing it shows up on your credit. But if you pay it off and you're fine with that, you're plain sailing.

I've used it myself but for the Galaxy S8 :)

So is it a permanent credit account with no way to get rid of it. With how's this is, I might just hold off on the switch till later.

Craft

Proof? Pretty sure that's illegal.

Oh wow, really. Thats incredibly shady to do something like this.
Here's a couple of examples from a few years back:
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=594235
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=196731

These are a few years old so they may be better now.

Credit checks:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/beware-of-littlewoods-284916

Also check out their trustpilot rating:
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.very.co.uk

Edit: forgot to mention that Littlewoods and very are the same company

Credit checks:

Well then, guess I'll avoid Very like the plague now, and wait awhile for the switch
there better be an Arms bundle

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood

Credit checks:

Oh, Very is Littlewoods? I'd always wondered where they'd come from all of a sudden.

Credit checks:

You're being a bit paranoid, I think. One of the voucher examples was resolved, and the other was from 11 years ago and was about people putting voucher codes in that they'd got from elsewhere, whereas the one posted on this thread is from the Very website itself.

The credit checks literally won't affect you unless you buy stuff on credit and miss repayments.

Their Trustpilot rating is very bad, but Amazon UK is only one star higher than Very. People go on there to complain. Very's customer service sounds terrible, but if the Switch is faulty I'll be going through Nintendo directly anyway.

I used a similar 20% credit offer at Very on a launch PS4 back in 2013 without any problems. I just paid it off right away and forgot about it. Cut to last year they had a £50 off the PS4 Pro offer on credit so I went for that. They closed my credit account at some point due to inactivity but after reopening it the £50 offer went through after a couple of weeks. They obviously rub some people the wrong way and use shit tier Yodel as their courier but I've had no issues the 2 times I've used them.

Craft

You're being a bit paranoid, I think. One of the voucher examples was resolved, and the other was from 11 years ago and was about people putting voucher codes in that they'd got from elsewhere, whereas the one posted on this thread is from the Very website itself.

The credit checks literally won't affect you unless you buy stuff on credit and miss repayments.

Their Trustpilot rating is very bad, but Amazon UK is only one star higher than Very. People go on there to complain. Very's customer service sounds terrible, but if the Switch is faulty I'll be going through Nintendo directly anyway.

I agree it'll probably be fine.
But their customer service sounds terrible and the way they handled those issues were appalling.
Even if codes were misused they should have either cancelled the order or if the codes weren't meant to be used by everyone they should have been unique to the customer, or not applicable when an ineligible customer tries to redeem it. Trying to charge after the fact is super scummy and I wouldn't want to give money to a company that thinks it's OK to do that.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
The Joycon's have been updated on the repair site to 'goods confirmed' which means they're ready to be looked at. Hoped they'd be back for the weekend but it's Easter weekend. Bugger.

when did you send them in and how long was there between them being delivered and it appearing on the nintendo site? i sent mine in on Monday and they got there yesterday but nothing changed yet. Looks like I won't be getting them back until the week after next.

Bazry

Amazon have the 200GB Micro SD card up for £51.99 today, does that seem a good deal?

I know some of us was waiting for the 128GB to drop to below £30

Glass

On the way to visit the whole family with my Switch and dock in tow, so salty Nintendo didn't release Mario Kart in time for Easter weekend, would have been the ultimate way to show off the out-of-the-box two player nature of the Switch.

So, why does that matter? It would still have been super smart to release the game this weekend

Why would Nintendo, a Japanese company, have pushed a game release forward just so it could hit Easter in Europe?? Bizarre. They're obviously releasing at the very end of April because they don't have a big first party game in May.

Oh jesus christ. You guys were right about Very.

Just got my 'Grey Switch with Zelda' bundle delivered today, and it's.... a pair of Neon Joy Cons.

I'm not fucking kidding.

The receipt with the parcel, the sticker on the parcel itself, all say Switch with Zelda. I rang them up (customer service guy was actually very nice), and apparently the bundle is out of stock. Even though I ordered it... when it was in stock...

He thinks this is why I was given the controllers instead (?!). Apparently I'll get the real console "by the 5th of May", but I'm not holding my breath. I'm gutted- it was meant to be for my birthday next week!

Also, fuck Yodel- the delivery driver didn't get me to sign for it, didn't even ring the bell, he just opened my front door himself (which is trespassing) and just dumped the parcel on the floor!!

I got such a good discount on the Switch that I don't want to just cancel my order. I'll give it until the 5th of May, I guess.

Edit: Oh and get this- I just opened the Joy Con box, and they are grey Joy Cons despite the box being Neon, and also they don't have the Joy Con grips, which I'm sure are meant to come with them? Unbelievable.

Oh jesus christ. You guys were right about Very.

Just got my 'Grey Switch with Zelda' bundle delivered today, and it's.... a pair of Neon Joy Cons.

I'm not fucking kidding.

The receipt with the parcel, the sticker on the parcel itself, all say Switch with Zelda. I rang them up (customer service guy was actually very nice), and apparently the bundle is out of stock. Even though I ordered it... when it was in stock...

He thinks this is why I was given the controllers instead (?!). Apparently I'll get the real console "by the 5th of May", but I'm not holding my breath. I'm gutted- it was meant to be for my birthday next week!

Also, fuck Yodel- the delivery driver didn't get me to sign for it, didn't even ring the bell, he just opened my front door himself (which is trespassing) and just dumped the parcel on the floor!!

I got such a good discount on the Switch that I don't want to just cancel my order. I'll give it until the 5th of May, I guess.

Edit: Oh and get this- I just opened the Joy Con box, and they are grey Jo Cons despite the box being Neon, and also they don't have the Joy Con grips, which I'm sure are meant to come with them? Unbelievable.

Yeah they can be a bit of a nightmare, but assuming they come good you got some free joycons

Symphonia

Banned
Nope, have to send the Joy Cons back before they'll get my Switch order sorted.
That doesn't make any sense. Why would they send you one item for you to send back to them before they send you the item they actually ordered? Very are usually pretty good when it comes to shipping goods. As for Yodel, yeah, that's normal.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would they send you one item for you to send back to them before they send you the item they actually ordered? Very are usually pretty good when it comes to shipping goods. As for Yodel, yeah, that's normal.

I guess cos it's a 'wrong delivery' thing, so I need to send back the wrong item so I can get the right item. There is a 'wrong item' thing I have to tick on the returned goods note.

I've heard so many iffy things about Very I avoid them, my mother has an account with them but that's for regular household items and no gadgets and popular things, which they seem to suck at.

I don't understand how they feel that sending you joycons instead of a game is a smart thing to do, and then ask you to send them back in 3 weeks time.... what is wrong with that company.

Make sure you get back to them about grey joycons in the neon box, someone has done a cheeky swap and returned the item which has then been sold to you as new.

Make sure you get back to them about grey joycons in the neon box, someone has done a cheeky swap and returned the item which has then been sold to you as new.

Really worried that if I do that they'll say I've opened the box and therefore can't return the item. The returns label specifically states that the item must be unopened.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
looks like i won't even get to start playing my switch until the week after next. my joycon reached nintendo on 12th but they didn't acknowledge it and of course it's the easter weekend so will be tuesday/wednesday before they do and then another day or so to fix it and another 2 days to deliver it back to me. looks like the earliest will be Friday if I'm lucky.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Really worried that if I do that they'll say I've opened the box and therefore can't return the item. The returns label specifically states that the item must be unopened.

If you don't inform them though they could check it and claim you do it.

Not a good situation all-round.

Speaking of Very we did actually have a delivery problem the other week, ordered three chocolate rabbits and was given a crayola design yourself egg, which was overall cheaper so we have to send it back after the easter holidays when the post office is open again.

If you don't inform them though they could check it and claim you do it.

Not a good situation all-round.

Yeah, IDK what to do. I've taken photos of the box and Joy Cons so hopefully that's at least some sort of proof. But they didn't notice that the Joy Cons were the wrong ones to begin with so I'd say it's less of a risk not telling them, than telling them and them saying "right, you opened it so you're paying for it!".

Nintendo emailed this morning to say that they're starting the repair of ("your Nintendo Wii"...) my Joycons, so had a quick look on the site and it says "New serial number". Does that mean they're just sending a new one or something else like replacing the board?

abbyabs

Nintendo emailed this morning to say that they're starting the repair of ("your Nintendo Wii"...) my Joycons, so had a quick look on the site and it says "New serial number". Does that mean they're just sending a new anyone know if they're just sending out new ones or something else?

Still waiting for them to fix mine.. but they replaced the right joycon for a friend and repaired the left.

Still waiting for them to fix mine.. but they replaced the right joycon for a friend and repaired the left.

Hmm. Just had another email just now saying.

Excellent news! We are please to inform you that your Nintendo Wii has been dispatched.

I'm starting to think they've just sent a new pair out. Most people I've seen have just sent the left in, but with me sending both I wonder if they just though 'ah fuck it' and sending out new ones.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Nintendo emailed this morning to say that they're starting the repair of ("your Nintendo Wii"...) my Joycons, so had a quick look on the site and it says "New serial number". Does that mean they're just sending a new one or something else like replacing the board?

when did you send it in and when was it delivered? i sent mine on the 10th and it got there on the 12th but haven't heard from them yet. nothing on the wednesday or thursday before the holiday. hopefully i get something today. my switch is just sitting in its box for 8 days now.

when did you send it in and when was it delivered? i sent mine on the 10th and it got there on the 12th but haven't heard from them yet. nothing on the wednesday or thursday before the holiday. hopefully i get something today. my switch is just sitting in its box for 8 days now.

I think I sent them in on the 6th but they didn't confirm they were in until last Wednesday, where they said "our engineers will be inspecting it shortly.". Then the two following emails this morning. I went on the live chat to them last week and they did say that they had a 5 day delay on top of the 3-5 day turn around.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I think I sent them in on the 6th but they didn't confirm they were in until last Wednesday, where they said "our engineers will be inspecting it shortly.". Then the two following emails this morning. I went on the live chat to them last week and they did say that they had a 5 day delay on top of the 3-5 day turn around.

Ah ok, well hopefully I get word either today or tomorrow.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Kind of funny they haven't updated their auto responses since the Wii.

Poor Wii U. Even Nintendo UK didn't realise you existed.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
finally been updated to "goods confirmed" on the nintendo site. it took them 3 working days since delivery to acknowledge they have it. how long until they look at it and fix it now...definitely not gonna get it back this week it seems.

Top Bottom