• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Koji Igarashi Kickstarts Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (2.5D, backdash, 2018)

EVH

Well, the art direction is ugly and the character designs are too manga crap for me. That is a real pitty. I loved OoE art even if it was not at the SOTN level :(

No Kojima. :( I know they mentioned she has other projects and even mentions games, but she hasn't actually worked on a game since 2010. I wonder if she just left the industry altogether?

Pappasman

I might be more enthusiastic if they actually had footage, but after being burned hard by Mighty No.9 I don't think I can put money down on another promise.

orioto

Good Art™
The concept art is not super good looking, really animeish indeed...

If they do that for the fans with the fans money, why not going all the way and respect the original feel..

CEvard3WoAAFrTK.jpg:large

Platy

So Hayter is a strech goal or a sure thing even if don't get funding ?

Because he appears twice in the page =P

JDSN

Banned
IntiCreate

No gameplay

No Kojima

Reharshing the same sob story that Inafune told.

No 2D confirmation. (ugh 2.5D it is)

Price of entry too high.

Tier-exclusive content.

Nah, this is gonna get funded anyway, ill wait for reviews.

Piers

I hope this isn't going to be another case of reaching $900k and they start needing more money to finish the second half of the project.

BadWolf

Probably won't happen but if the game actually ends up looking like that then holy crap.

Would really put Mighty No.9 to shame.

I dig more Igavanias than not, but not crazy about the character design tbh, and IntiCreates last Kickstarter game, Mighty No.9, looks like a PS2 title. Making it for the 3DS pretty much sealed the deal that its going for the lowest common denominator, aesthetic and visual wise. Hope this isn't for handheld.

hope it turns out well, but its not getting any of my money until it looks good, if ever.

sörine

Banned
"WHAT ABOUT NINTENDO?

Our budget left us with two options: Build the biggest, most beautiful game we can, or make sure it runs everywhere from the start. As things stand today, we can't afford to create the two separate versions of this game that would be necessary to make it run on every console. That said, we've heard legends about a remarkable treasure hidden in the castle basement..."

What is that last part about
Hopefully a sprite based 3DS version. Not thrilled with 2.5D, especially coming from inticreates.

The concept art almost has a Vanillaware-esque quality to it. Anyway, there are elements of the artstyle that I really like, but a few that I don't. I feel like it gets really close to greatness in some spots, but then there are parts that would seem more fitting in that Castlevania fighting game.

Santar

"The goal is to put it on PC, Mac, Linux, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4, and it’ll require funding beyond the Kickstarter to make that happen—if that’s going to happen. "
Seems kinda weird to have people kickstart something that might not happen.

OnPoint

I'll be sad.

I'll consider cancelling.

I dig more Igavanias than not, but not crazy about the character design tbh, and IntiCreates last Kickstarter game, Mighty No.9, looks like a PS2 title. Making it for the 3DS pretty much sealed the deal that its going for the lowest common denominator, aesthetic and visual wise. Hope this isn't for handheld.

hope it turns out well, but its not getting any of my money until it looks good, if ever.

This concept art is more in line with Gunvolt. And that game looks pretty good, even on the 3DS. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I find this one especially interesting because there is no shortage of Metriodvania titles on the indie circuit.

Ridley327

I am genuinely shocked at no Wii U version for an initial offering. IGA did leave a little bit of wiggle room for it down the line, but still.

Backing as soon as I get home, though.

I just hope this is actually 2D and not 2.5D.

or at least make it look good, not like Mighty No.9

I hope they keep it PS4 / XB1 / PC, I want this game to look and play gloriously.

THAT CONCEPT ART IMAGE LOOKS AWESOME – WILL THE GAME LOOK EXACTLY LIKE THAT?

We love it, too, but at this point it’s only concept art

I can't wait until people complain on how the game doesn't look like the concept art and how they neglected to read this and how it doesn't matter, "it's shitty either way"...

Anyway, hype! Swordwhip was the right choice and I'll be there day 0.

Nibel

I really hope they ditch the comic aesthetic and that it's just really concept art.. other than that, the team working on this seems pretty fucking killer.

Top Bottom