• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Getting "Classic Mode" In January

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
It's basically a traditional Castlevania side scroller with actual levels. It's free too.

Edit: oops mods can you move to gaming?

Last edited:
Boner Alert. Looks good.

I need this. This will get me to go back and give the game another spin. Don't think I ever finished it.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Aren’t they supposed to work on not having the switch version run like shit? It’s embarrassing, considering how well Ori runs on that.

Darkmakaimura

Aren’t they supposed to work on not having the switch version run like shit? It’s embarrassing, considering how well Ori runs on that.
I have the Switch version. It's been updated awhile back. I've hardly had any issues and I've finished the main game on a Lite.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Yeah exactly, 2 years old already.
And?

Some games take a lot longer than that for a sequel.

Look, I desperately want a sequel too but this is still an indie game and it takes time.

I'm hoping we get one too. I wouldn't be surprised if it's being worked on as we speak.

Last edited:

TexMex

Absolutely loved this game and the amount of post release support and content has been exceptional. This looks great.

Darkmakaimura

I never actually looked it up, but I assume COTM sold well since it got a sequel pretty quickly.
I almost like COTM better than ROTN. I heard it only took 5 and a half montgs for Inti Creates and Iga to make the sequel.

Its sold over 1m copies. 1m for an indie title, despite Iga's name and such, is huge. A sequel is pretty much guaranteed, esp since Iga has said he wants to make a franchise out of it.
Ah man I hope you're right. I hope they do make a franchise out of it.

I still want a Bloodstained game with gameplay similar to Simon's Quest in that you visit towns, talk to people and explore the countryside.

Darkmakaimura

Its sold over 1m copies. 1m for an indie title, despite Iga's name and such, is huge. A sequel is pretty much guaranteed, esp since Iga has said he wants to make a franchise out of it.
Well, Tokyo Xanadu exceeded Falcom's sale expectations and they talked about doing sequels but it's been a few years now since Tokyo Xanadu ex+ in 2016 and there's been no news yet of one.

In fact, that still bums me out.

So just because something does well and even with talks of sequels, it doesn't necessarily they'll be one.

But damn I want you to be right and for me to be wrong.

Last edited:

K.S v2.0

Banned
Well, Tokyo Xanadu exceeded Falcom's sale expectations and they talked about doing sequels but it's been a few years now since Tokyo Xanadu ex+ in 2016 and there's been no news yet of one.

In fact, that still bums me out.

So just because something does well and even with talks of sequels, it doesn't necessarily they'll be one.

But damn I want you to be right and for me to be wrong.

There's a big difference though. Falcom have two signature series in Ys and Kiseki so they don't need to be expanding on smaller one-shots. They have their audience and their practically-guaranteed sales from said audience. They just need to make Ys and Kiseki games and their income is pretty much take it to the bank.

Bloodstained however is not established. Its a new IP (albeit one from a somewhat famous creator). If Iga doesn't make anything he doesn't eat. He HAS to make sequels... its not like he can bank on the fame of the Castlevania name any more either.

So yeah, put your hope in that I guess... the fact that Iga NEEDS to build on Bloodstained's current success to further his studio.

Darkmakaimura

There's a big difference though. Falcom have two signature series in Ys and Kiseki so they don't need to be expanding on smaller one-shots. They have their audience and their practically-guaranteed sales from said audience. They just need to make Ys and Kiseki games and their income is pretty much take it to the bank.

Bloodstained however is not established. Its a new IP (albeit one from a somewhat famous creator). If Iga doesn't make anything he doesn't eat. He HAS to make sequels... its not like he can bank on the fame of the Castlevania name any more either.

So yeah, put your hope in that I guess... the fact that Iga NEEDS to build on Bloodstained's current success to further his studio.
Good because I badly want more Bloodstained and I'll gladly throw more money at him for it.

Top Bottom